Home

Our Love Story

 

Kwangmin's point of view

KNOCK. KNOCK!!

"Mmmm…" Dragging the covers over my head, I tried to drown out the sound of the rapid banging at my door. 

KNOCK.KNOCK!!

"Coming!" I shout, tiredly annoyed. Clumsily getting up, I stood in my bare chest, scratching my head. Walking towards the door, I opened it to a fear stricken and panting Youngmin. Surprised to see my brother, I stared at him with wide eyes. " She left! She's gone Kwangmin!" His voice rushed and distraught, brought confusion and worry. " Wait, caught your breath Youngmin… Who's gone?" 

Jeongmin with bed hair, opened the door next to us. " What the heck are you yelling about?" He asked, annoyed to be woken up. "Hayoung, she left this." He handed me a note, crinkled and barely readable from the moist blotches on it. "What is thi-" My words are stopped short when I recognized the words "forget me." 

Panic stricken, my breath became harsh and difficult. " Youngmin, are you sure?" Nodding, his face became even more pale. " Her suitcase and her things are gone…" 

"No way…." Jeongmin's shock face was now awake and alert. "Why would she do that?" He asked the same question in my head. Suddenly Youngmin's expression changed to a cold harsh glare. " I think I do." Without warning, he began to storm down the hall. "Hey! Wait up!" Running back inside, I grabbed my hoodie from the bed, knocking over my phone onto the floor. Quickly grabbing it, I headed towards Youngmin as I forced my jacket on to cover my chest. "Wait up!" I demanded. 

…………………………………………….

 

Getting off the elevator, I recognized Marie's room number as Youngmin furiously banged on it. "Marie!" He called out with a new found sternness. After a moment, the bolt from behind unlocked, revealing a perplex and bare faced Marie. Taken aback, hung opened in confusion. " Youngmin…Kwangmin, what are you two doing here?"

……………………………………………….

Youngmin's point of view

"What did you say to Hayoung last night?" I demanded. There had to be a connection to Hayoung's strangeness  when she came back to the room crying. "W-what are you talking about?" She looked down. Hesitation. Stuttering. " She was lying. 

"I know you had something to do with it! Hayoung's gone! What did you tell her?" Even I was surprised by my own cold voice. " Hayoung's gone?" She said, sincerely surprised. Unable to hid it, a quick smile appeared before disappearing. " I just told her the truth." My eyes narrowed, wondering what she meant. 

" What truth?" Kwangmin asked. " That she doesn't belong here." Marie said flatly. "It's her fault for yesterday's mess. I just told her that if she was gone then things would return back to the way it used to be." Something in the way she looked at me hinted what she was talking about was our past relationship.

"Why the hell would you do that?" Kwangmin stole the words from my lips, now enraged. " Wasn't what you did yesterday enough?" My ears perked at this new information. " Kwangmin… what are you talking about?" I asked. Marie bit her lip, sending Kwangmin a signal to stay quiet. Looking away from her, he stared at me. " You saw Shin In-Shi at the press conference right?" Nodding, I recalled seeing the reporter. " Isn't it a little strange for a paparazzi reporter to show up at a press conference. " Marie suddenly interrupted. " Kwangmin don't!" She begged. Ignoring her once more, he continued. " She found out about Hayoung being Yoo Jin's mother, and she planned to tell the press yesterday." As if I had just put all the puzzle pieces together, I saw the whole image. " That's why you…" Realizing why Kwangmin did what he did yesterday, I remembered what Hayoung said about hearing him out.

Grunting in frustration, Marie glared at him. " You stupid-" Instead of finishing her insult, she turned towards me, grabbing my hands. " Listen to me Youngmin! I had to do it! It was my only chance of being with you. I still love yo-" 

"SHUT UP!" The lond echo of my voice brought a shiver down my spine " I don't want to hear your excuses." Clenching my fists, I bit my lip in frustration when my phone rang. Picking it up, Mr. Yong's voice paused my rising anger. " Did you find something?" Mr. Yong's strained voice asked. Glaring at Marie, I spoke. " Yes, we found out why-or rather who made her leave." 

"Come to the lobby, everyone is here." Agreeing I hung up, the phone still in my hands. "Youngmin…please." Marie begged. Reaching for my hand, I shook her off. " Before I hate you even more… go back home Marie." 

Kwangmin behind me, I began my way down to the lobby ignoring Marie's sobbing cries for me. 

…………………………………………………

Hayoung's point of view

"The Ha-Dong village train will now be approaching the station. Please make sure you have all your belongings and carefully make your way to the boarding platform. Thank you and enjoy your ride." 

My head snapped up as the women on the speaker announces the arrival of the train. Breathing in deeply, I stood up with my luggage in one hand and a picture of me and the member of Boyfriend at the Centennial. Giving it one last lingering look, I place it back in my bag and climbed up the platform as I gave the conductor my ticket. 

 

Boarding the main cart, I searched down the row for my seat. Finding C23, I placed my suitcase above my seat and sat down. " Is this C24?" A voice said from behind. Turning around, I faced a young plump girl wearing a yellow bonnet. Nodding, I smiled. " Yes, it is." 

 

Helping the little girl put her pink bag away, she thanked me as she sat in front of me. " Thanks Unnie." She grinned happily, showing a gap in her teeth. " Are you alone?" I asked, concerned. Why was there such a young passenger?

 

" Im meeting my mama after the fifth stop. Today is her birthday and I'm seeing her after a year." Chuckling, I congratulated her, realizing that children had a habit of telling their entire day to a complete stranger. Suddenly a soft pain in my heart settled like a splinter. 

 

I never even told my mother…. Biting my lip, I felt a short second of regret until I shook it off. " No, this is for the best." I said to myself. " When things settle down, I'll write a letter apologizing…but for now, I won't think of it." 

 

" What about you unnie?" She asked. " I…" What was I doing?…. Running away?…. " I'm going home." For some strange reason, those words that used to feel like such a comfort was painful and distant. 

 

Then suddenly, a flash of lightening struck the clouds above, heavy rain following close behind. " Oh… how disappointing." The little girl said, " Today was supposed to be clear." Looking out the window, I was reminded of the first time I rode the train in the cold thick snow…now I was going home in the pouring rain. Somehow, dark gray skies had become a staple in my life. 

………………………………………………………

 

Minho's point of view

 

"What's all the ruckus?" I asked as I walked to the lobby, greeting the grave struck members. Joori was crying on the couch, Sung Mi next to her with a box of tissues. The twins had always looked identical but today it was as if a split image, pale and lifeless. Only Mr. Yong was speaking to the staff of the hotel. 

 

Again I asked what was going on. This time Minwoo asked. " Hayoung left. Her belongings are missing and all she left is a letter apologizing." Wide eyes, I felt an icy sensation entering my veins. " W….what?" 

 

"Its true." Mr. Yong joined my side, his face wrinkled with worry. " I'm not sure exactly what happened but Youngmin woke up to a letter Hayoung left behind. " 

 

"Does no one else but me find strange that Youngmin was in Hayoung's room?" Marie questioned. " Be quiet Marie!" Mr. Yong said, surprising us. If there was someone that up to her, it was Mr. Yong but now, shutting her up, this was a newfound respect. 

 

Suddenly I gasped, remembering this morning. " What?" Youngmin jumped up, returning back to life. " Did you see something?" Nodding, I told them of what I saw this morning. " I didn't think it was her…. If I had known, I would have stopped her!" Sung Mi rested her hand on my shoulder. " You couldn't have known. It wasn't you fault." 

 

"I can't believe it." Joori spoke for the first time. " Who would have thought that Unnie and the twins were in such a situation." She looked up at us, searching for an agreement, instead we remained quiet. " You all knew?! Oh my god…." She dug her face in her hands. " It was pretty obvious…." Jeongmin said, sending an apologetic look towards the twins. Interconnected, they both blushed scarlet, realizing that everyone had known about their love towards Hayoung. 

 

"Well it doesn't matter right now." Mr. Yong said. "Whats important now is that we find her. Does anyone have any idea where she could be?" Slowly, Sung Mi rose from her seat. " I… I think I know." Focusing on her, we all waited. 

 

" Ha-Dong, her home."