I Love You

Our Love Story
Hayoung's point of view

This must have been a dream, It had to be.

I was laying in a meadow filled with tiny gold flowers. The sky, a blanket of twinkling stars stretched endlessly towards the horizon. The cool breeze of the wind flowed through my hair as I felt I was floating about the ground. Like fireworks, sparks began to illuminate the night. In awe, I sat up, looking around me as millions of colorful bursts of light showered the clouds. A small butterfly in the distance glowed softly as it flew towards me. Fluttering it's bright neon wings, it lightly landed on my lips, radiating a marvelous warmth. It took off swirling and dancing in the air. Smiling, I touched my lips, raising my hand. Just fingertips away, it disappeared.

A white ceiling blurredly came into view as I began to regain consciousness. Sensitive to the sunlight shining behind the blinds, I rubbed my eyes, awaked by a headache. I recognized the starch wall papers and medical devices belatedly. I must have been in a hospital. Wincing in pain, I managed to sit up in the bed. The soft rustle startled me. Two boys were sleeping besides me. Blonde and brunette, the twins were resting on the bed, mimicking each other's positions. I gazed in fascination at the mirror like picture. God really wasn't fair. How could he create two beautiful identical angels and expect me to keep my heart still? 

Trying to be as soundless as possible, I laid back down suddenly tired. Youngmin's finger twitched as he began to open his eyes. Swiftly raising his head, his eyes widened. "Hayoung! Are you alright?" I nodded. "Good morning. " I felt suddenly guilty. They must have stayed with me all night. I began to wonder what good deed I did in my past life. Kwangmin soon after woke up, standing up. After finally reassuring them I was fine, they calmed down. Kwangmin looked at me, worried. "What happened last night?"

"Last night?" I asked myself. I saw the fuzzy images of me running in the snow, chasing after the man in the parking lot then everything went dark. I bit my lip, I couldn't tell them why I was there. I didn't want to lie but I had to. Even I, found the situation I was in strange.

What would they think? If they knew the reason I left the orphanage was because some one paid for me to disappear, and that I followed a doubtful man that could or could not be someone I knew long ago. I didn't want to take the chances. "I was feeling sick and fainted when I was walking back to the dorms. I must have been too stressed." I lied. Buying the white lie, they warned me to be careful. I felt my heart sting. Im sorry.

.............................................................

Youngmin's point of view

I felt the tighten knot of anxiety lift when I saw her light hazel eyes watching me. She was okay...

Yesterday I almost felt her life slip from my fingers, but struggling to hold on I prayed to the god I never knew to save her life. If he had, I would do in all my power to protect and love her. Fearful, I restricted myself before, afraid of my own emotions but last night I promised myself to stop hiding.

 I was grateful towards Kwangmin but I couldn't help feel regretful. I wasn't of much help when she needed it the most. Her savior was Kwangmin and I had to acknowledge that. But the way he acted last night surprised me. I've never seen him so shaken up. He was never the emotional type. Whenever he was stressed, he kept it to himself. Even if we were twins, he was never truly open to me. I thought it was just his nature but for the first time, as we were sitting helplessly in the waiting room, he looked so afraid. What was Hayoung to him?

I glanced at him secretly, still trying to understand his feelings. Could he have also fallen for her? As Hayoung talked to him, I watched his expressions carefully. I began to understand. Whenever he was around her, his feelings were written on his face. I just couldn't notice because of my own blindness. Whenever he laughed or smiled, it was because of her. Whenever he frowned or sighed, it was because of her. He was in love.

.....................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

Pouring coffee in a styrofoam cup, I stood at the counter of the hospital cafeteria. I had excused myself, wanting to drink something to wake me from this inner buzz I felt. As the hot liquid touched my lips, I saw the image from before. Youngmin gently kissing her lips. Inside, my heart ached but I didn't know what I was suppose to do. I was glad that he found someone he treasured but why was my chest hurting as if I was shoot by a bullet. I couldn't even look at him properly. 

Eventually calming down, I walked towards the elevators. Caught by surprise, Youngmin stood in front of me. Feeling awkward from the unexpected meeting, I stared at him. " I need to talk to you." I was taken aback at how serious he seemed. He didn't seem like the twin brother I've knew for sixteen years. When did it begin to change?

........................................................

Hayoung's point of view

As Youngmin quietly shut the door behind him, I felt my body ease. Whenever he or Kwangmin was around, I couldn't help but feel tense. Ever since that morning waking up to them, my chest hasn't stopped racing. Suddenly the emotions I kept hidden from them began pouring out. The sadness, the anxiety and disappointment overwhelmed me. Grateful I was alone, I began to release the tears I was holding back. I was so close but so far away. All my answers were just a few meters away but it slithered away, disappearing from sight. I couldn't hold it anymore. I held my hand to my chest. My fingers caught in the light green gown, I silently weeped. 

.......................................................

Youngmin's point of view

Leaving the room, I looked for Kwangmin. I wanted to confirm the truth. What were his feelings towards Hayoung? Who was she to him? Existing the elevator, I found him holding a coffee cup, startled. "I need to talk to you." I was surprised by the stiffness of my voice. At the rooftop, unlike yesterday, the sun was fully shining and barely any snow was falling. We were alone, facing each other. I never knew a moment where we were so tense. He was always my twin brother that I joked around with and found easy to be around but now, I felt uneasy and agitated.

Kwangmin's eyes were fixed on me. "What did you want to talk about ?" he asked nonchalantly. I took a moment to steady myself. "What is Hayoung to you?" He looked at me, surprised. "What?" I asked again, " What are your feelings for her?"

........................................................

Kwangmin's point of view
"What were my feelings for her?" I thought to myself. Why did I feel so pained whenever she was around my brother? Even with his other girlfriends, I never cared. It wasn't my business, but when Hayoung looked at him or whenever he touched her, I felt the urge to pull her away into my own arms. I knew that Youngmin cared for her more then a friend but what was this I felt? 

"Do you love her?" Youngmin demanded. As the questions began to pour in my mind, they quickly disappeared and in black letters, the answers carefully began to engrave inside my chest. "Kwangmin, answer me!" he yelled.

Finally opening my heart, I revealed the truth. " Yes... I'm in love with her."