Remembering The Past

Our Love Story

Hayoung's point of view

Dong Hyun raised the volume of the stereo, listening carefully to the song. He began to divide the lyrics, assigning the different section to each member. Once they knew who was doing what, he turned towards me and the rest of group. "Since I already know the capabilities of each member's singing skills, I already knew what part fitted them the best but I'm not too familiar with all of you so I decided to hold a little contest." He smiled, signaling us to come to the center of the room.

"You each are going to sing part of this song." He pointed towards the paper in his hand. He gave it to In-Tak, who complained immediately. "Hyung! This is!" In-Tak exclaimed. Dong Hyun laughed, "If you want to debut, you're going to have to learn one or two things in English ." Joori studied the paper. "Oppa....isn't this your song?" Dong Hyun nodded. "Yup, in its the english translation."

Joori wearily handed me the lyrics as I gazed at the words. I began reading them out loud, curious as to what kind of music Boyfriend made.

Would you be my girlfriend?

I’m your boyfriend, I’m your boyfriend

You’re my girlfriend, you’re my girlfriend

You’re amazing, you’re even better then everyone else

I’m busy everyday (busy) Your heart hurts (hurts)

My love for you won’t change, I won’t see anybody but you

I don’t know why my heart is like this

Even when I feel so tired sometimes

 

I wanna have you by my side

Even when we fight, you always hold my hand tightly

You you baby you you

I wanna make you laugh everyday

I’m your only boyfriend e e e

You’re only boyfriend e e e

I’ll protect you, I’ll always take care of you

I’ll do it all just for you

You’re my girlfriend e e e

My only girlfriend e e e

I’ll be a star for you so that you can look at me

I’ll be your boyfriend only for you..

 

Once I finished reading, I looked up into Joori's eyes. "Hayoung! You can read this?" She gasped. Startled, I nodded. "Yes I can." I said in english. Joori laughed, elbowing In-Tak. "What the heck did she just say?" In-Tak translated roughly. "She said she does.... I think." JeongMin clapped his hands together in delight. "Wha~ How can you speak it so well?" I gazed at the member's surprised yet approving expression.The twin's eyes were wide, their mouth slightly open. I suddenly felt shy. "Wh...Why is it such a big deal?" I asked. Hyun Seong answered. "Not even Dong Hyun hyung can do that. " 

The red headed leader waved his fist in the air. "Aish! Hyun Seong!" His cheeks were red. 

..........................................................

 

Youngmin's point of view

I stared, surprised at her perfect english as she read the lyrics. When JeongMin brought the computer over, showing the others the "Love like Oxygen" music video, I secretly pulled Hayoung of the group. "How do you know English so well?" I asked, burning with curiosity. She shrugged her arms, whispering. "Mr. Soh told me it was only thing I spoke when he first met me. I had to learn korean." I began to wonder to myself. Just what kind of person was she?

..............................................................

 

(For the next few chapters, we will have a new P.O.V!!! Introducing Choi Minho!! Pyong~

 

Minho's point of view

After much effort, I managed to wake Onew when we were at the "S.P.A" campus. Stepping out of the van, I looked around. Even though it was still winter, the weather wasn't freezing and instead was rather refreshing. Following the directions Dong Hyun Hyung sent me via message, we made our way through the school, looking for "Boyfriend's" practice room. I gestured politely as the female students recognized and pointed at us. Finally seeing a yellow star on the dark blue doors at the very end of the hall, I walked towards it. Onew was looking through the classrooms and trying to open the lockers. I laughed, "What are you doing?" He stopped, smiling innocently. Calling him names, I walked into the studio.

 

Inside was bright as I recognized the red headed hyung sitting on the floor. He quickly stood up, grinning. "Minho dongsaeng! He gave me a slap in the back. Onew greeted him as I observed the others. Immediately, my eyes shifted to the girl in the corner sitting by her friend with the red retro glasses. It was Hayoung. 

 

Her eyes were bright and large as she softly gazed at me. Her ivory skin shined under the lights as her long dark hair fell down her shoulders. She gently waved at me. I couldn't help myself but be taken aback. I have never imagined her to be here. My first love.

.......................................................

 

Kwangmin's point of view

My heart sank to the floor as I watched Minho smile at Hayoung. She was gently blushing, waving. She looked so feminine. I suddenly had the urge to kick Minho in the face. Bearing with the jealousy, I averted my eyes. 

 

Youngmin's expression didn't surprise me. His eyes were burning with anger. just as was mine. I inched towards him cautiously. "Are you alright?" I asked, not sure if I was asking him or myself. He shook his head, biting his lip. "I really want to punch him right now." I grinned, amused. "That makes both of us." We watched Minho approach Hayoung as he sat by her side, smiling shyly. Hayoung was red,covering her face as she hid a very feminine expression.  

.......................................................

 

Youngmin's point of view

If there was a ranking of the most crappiest moments in my life, this was number one. It took every ounce of self control to keep myself from running to Minho and pushing him down. I was never the violent type and I knew he didn't do anything wrong, but when I thought of how he had known Hayoung before me, how he had a past with her, I couldn't stop the raging jealousy. When Jeongmin was flirting with her, I was more annoyed rather then angry. I knew Hayoung didn't like the flirtatious, bold type, but this was someone she had already fallen for before. I didn't even know if she still felt the same way. I prayed silently to myself, hoping that it wasn't true.

................................................

 

Hayoung's point of view

I felt the melancholy rushing by when I sighted Minho. Rather then the feelings I had whenever I looked at the twins, it was more of this shower of ease and lightness. I blushed as he stared at me. Should I say hi? Would he remember me? I kept asking these questions in the back of my head. 

I waved timidly, hoping he wouldn't ignore me. To my surprise, he smiled back, approaching slowly. He sat besides me as he shyly greeted me. Realizing the situation, Joori escaped to In-Tak who was telling a gag to Hyun Seong. "Hayoung." He said gently. I smiled kindly, "It's been a while...Oppa." I felt my face redden.

 

He chuckled sheepishly, looking at the ground. " It's really surprised to see you here. I didn't know you went to this school." I nodded, "It...ended up that way." I laughed unnaturally. So not cool Hayoung. I thought to myself. "How long has it been?" Minho Oppa asked, recalling the past. I scratched my head, not knowing how to react in the sudden meeting. "About two or three years?" I answered. "How is the orphanage doing now?" He asked, curious. I felt my heart sink, remembering the home I had to leave. "It's doing great. Recently, we received financial support so the orphanage has been under repairs and upgrades." I edited out the part where I was forced to leave. I thought I was fine but I guess I still felt lonely.

......................................................

 

Youngmin's point of view

"Oppa!?" I exclaimed in my mind. "Why is she calling oppa?!" I felt the flames rising around me. Not able to control myself any longer, I stood up. Kwangmin tilted his head, "Where are you going?". "I can't take this anymore. "I grumbled. Shaking the dust from my pants, I walked towards the two, plopping my body between them. Pretending, I hugged Minho forcefully. "Hyung! I missed you sooo much!" I exaggerated. "Not really, you fool." I thought. 

He rustled my hair, laughing. "Dongsaeng! How are you?" I gritted my teeth, smiling as best as I could. Pushing Minho further away from Hayoung, I hugged him again. "You know, doing the best as I can."  "How dare you touch my hair!"  I yelled silently.

Kwangmin's hand rested on Minho's shoulder. "Hyung..." Minho's eyes lid up. "Kwangmin, my favorite twin!" He high fived my brother as I exchanged an approving glance. I would rather fight my twin brother in the battle of rivalry any day, then this old man.

.............................................

 

Hayoung's point of view

I was startled seeing how close Kwangmin and Youngmin were to Minho oppa. As they were laughing and joking around, I smiled secretly. 

 

Onew, the one in plaid, smacked his hands together. "Now that I have your attention, we will begin practice."   A few students groaned as they sat up from the floor. Lining up, I faced my reflection, still shy about the reveal of my stomach. Pushing the thought away, I began to mimic Onew's and Dong Hyun's stretching. Pulling my legs apart, I leaned forward. Unstable, I wobbled, afraid to fall. Minho gently grabbed my wrist for support. I thanked him as he stood besides me, his hands on my back, pushing me down slowly. The pressure suddenly stopped when Kwangmin came towards Minho, tugged at his shirt. "Hyung. Help me stretch." He pulled him to the other side of the room.

 

About to fall again, I shut my eyes, waiting for the impact. I was startled by the hands on my waist. "Are you all right?" Youngmin asked kindly. "I'll help you." He offered. I tried to refuse, but he waved a finger. "If you make a mistake while stretching, it can affect your dancing. You don't want to put the group behind, do you? He raised an eyebrow, smiling. I quickly shook my head. "No, I don't want that!" I exclaimed. He chuckled softly, "I thought so." His hands slowly returned to my back, pushing gently. I felt my heart flutter from the sudden skinship. Why was I acting like this?

When Minho oppa helped me, I didn't feel so nervous. My heart was still, but now that Youngmin was so close to me, my entire body began to tingle whenever he touched me. Blushing, I hid my face as I bent down, praying that the stretching exercises would end quickly. I began to wonder if something was wrong with me.   

.................................................

 

Youngmin's point of view

Onew carefully showed the choreography once we finished stretching. I glanced at Hayoung trying clumsily to keep up with the rest. Chuckling, I watched. Huffing, her footsteps were stiff as she looked at herself in the mirror, her face red with frustration. I tapped her arm, "Like this. " I body waved, popping my shoulders towards her. Amazed, she gasped excitedly. "I didn't know you danced. You're really good!" I smiled, "Minwoo's better then all the other members though." I said, honestly. She still stuck out two thumbs, "Your still really good." Surprised, I gazed at her. It was the first time she had complimented me. Even when our fans were screaming and confessing their love, I wasn't moved. I almost ignored it, but whenever Hayoung praised me, I'd begin to feel feverish. 

 

Averting my eyes from the clueless girl, I unnaturally followed the steps. Onew separated the group into two, Minho tagging along in the lesson. I knew I was being childish but I didn't want him too close to Hayoung. Minho was actually a really good dancer plus he's more manlier then me or Kwangmin so I didn't want to take the chance. Kwangmin appeared, standing on the other side of Hayoung, securing his spot so Minho couldn't slither near her. 

.....................................................

 

Once dance practice finally finished, I collapsed to the ground, sweat trickling down my neck. I looked around for Hayoung when I found her by her bag. She pulled out a waterbottle and sat next to me. She opened it slowly, distracted. I followed her gaze as I caught sight of what she was looking at. On the wall, Shinee's poster was hanging besides ours. I frowned, agitated. "Hayoung." I said quietly. She turned her head, facing me. "Yes?" I blushed, suddenly being so close. "Can you help me?" I asked earnestly. She nodded slowly, curious. "What is it?" "I'm having some trouble with the english translation of "boyfriend." I tried to learn it myself but its harder then it looks." She laughed. "Of course I can help. " I felt my face flush at her sudden smile. She really was pretty. "But...in return could you do me a favor?" Her smile disappeared and was replaced by a worried frown. "Sure, what do you want me to do?" "I have been struggling to keep up with the rest of the group and I'm worried all make everyone behind so...could you teach me?" Her eyes were sparkling under the lights. Surprised, I stuttered. "S-sure...."

..................................................................

 

I couldn't take my eyes off her as she placed the water bottle to...her lips. Stunned at the sudden image in my head, I felt my body tingle. The memory of kissing her appeared in my thoughts. At the time, I didn't know what I was doing under I was already touching her lips. Even though it was wrong, I couldn't break myself away from them. Soft and warm, I remembered my heart racing faster then ever. I have never been so close to her. She smelled like perfume as my nose gently brushed against her smooth skin. She had long dark eyelashes, and her cheeks were rosy.

 

Oblivious to what I was thinking, she pulled out the lyrics and a pen. I began to feel guilty. Even though I knew I shouldn't have done what I did, to kiss her like that... I didn't regret it. I couldn't. My desire to hold her and caress her was too strong. I was weak against my own temptations.

...............................................................

 

Minho's point of view

From the corner of my eye, I watched Youngmin and Hayoung in the corner, hunched over a piece of paper on the floor. She was vigorously writing and speaking in english as Youngmin looked at her with gentle eyes. I studied Youngmin's expression. He was biting his lips, gazing affectionately at her as she continued to explain the lyrics, unaware. A lightbulb flickered on as I came to understand that Youngmin must have liked her. I felt an uneasiness in my stomach as I began to recall the past.

...................................................................

 

(3 years ago)

Manager Oh snapped his phone shut as he sighed. Turning towards us, he passed out the scripts of the show we would be filming. I looked out the window, observing the greenery and low buildings. I smirked, amazed at how different it was from Seoul. We were definitely in the middle of nowhere. I sighed to myself, already imagining how boring the next two months would be.

 

Taemin excitedly pulled on my shirt, "Hyung! Looking outside!" I glanced at the huge herd of cows in the middle of road. Inside the van suddenly started to smell like cow dung. Yelling and exclaiming, everyone held their fingers to their nose, disgusted. Annoyed and pissed off, I cursed the CEO silently for sending us to this nasty farm country. 

 

I was sleep when the car suddenly stopped. My head jerked back painfully. "Ow!" I rubbed my stiff neck, looking outside the window. Taemin grabbed my sleeve, "We're here hyung!" He was especially excited. "What are you so happy about? We're going to die of boredom here." Jinki placed a hand on shoulder, "Don't be like that Minho. It could be fun." He smiled. "Fun?" I scoffed, missing the parties and clubs I could have been at. "Yeah right."

Last to step out of van, I eyed the area. There was nothing but dirt roads and in the distance I thought I saw badly made baseball markings. The building at the end of the rocky pathway was somewhat what you imagined as a typical orphanage. Wooden and shaky, it looked as if it was about to collapse. Gulping, I prayed to stay alive the next two months. At the shabby entrance, Manager Oh knocked on the door as we waited outside, holding out luggage. After what seemed forever in the scorching sun, the door creaked open. A middle aged man peered at us, suddenly gasping. "Oh! Welcome!" He bowed respectfully. Manger Oh bowed in return as he introduced himself.

 

Inside wasn't as bad as I pictured it to be. It was very clean and resembled a school.The rest of the members and I sat in what they called the "office". At the corner were filled with children's toys and drawings. I studied the pictures with JongHyun when manager Oh returned with the smiling man. "This is Mr. Soh. He runs the orphanage and the school. You will be staying here the rest of the two months during the filming, helping him with what ever needs done in return for being able to stay here." I clicked my tongue, irritated. 

 

Mr. Soh began the tour of orphanage, distracted by Kibum's and Taemin's constant questions. Passing the music class, I heard a soft melody. I stopped in the middle of the hallway, peeking at the other corridor. Stealthily, I escaped the rest as I followed the sound. I recognized the piano as I found the room that the mysterious music was coming from. Carefully, I pulled the door slightly, peering inside. 

At the very back of the room was a girl playing the piano. Her long black hair shined in the sunlight as her snowy skin glowed in the summer light.She gently smiled as her hands glided on the black and white keyboard. Mesmerized, without realizing it, my feet started to walk towards her. The song, soft and clear, rang in my ears like bells. She softly hummed then began to sing. 

 

When you tell me that you love me and accept me
I say to myself confidently that I have nothing else that I need
Although I feel ashamed with my growing greed,
I think about you all day again
and I feel fidgety.
I have a lot of envy (like a child)
I have a lot of fears (like a fool)
I can’t believe that right now you are near me smiling
I’m so happy that it’s so unbearable to me
I fear that when I open my eyes, every thing will disappear
So I can’t fall asleep.

I want to give to you (my every thing)
I want to receive from you (your heart)
Everything that everyone else does, I want to share with you
But because my heart is too hasty and too narrow-minded,
I fear that I might ruin everything
So I grow uneasy.

For making me smile (like a child)
For making me cry (like a fool)
For allowing me to feel this flutter in my heart one more time
For letting me trust you, for being a strength to me
So the first thing I’ll say when I open my eyes
Thanks so much.
For coming to me
For letting me dream
For giving me the present “Us”
I love you 

...........................................

 

My heart was thumping wildly as I was at a loss for air. She lifted her hands from the piano and stood up slowly. As she faced me, startled. "Ah!..." She stared at me with her dark brown eyes. Blushing from embarrassment, I stuttered as I was trying to explain. "So-sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." I said, honestly. She continued to stare at me when she finally spoke. "Who are you?" Bewildered I was taken aback. "What?" I managed to say. Her eyes were fierce as she repeated herself. "I said, who are you?"

 

She didn't know who I was? I was stunned. I have never met a girl that didn't know Shinee. "I'm...Choi Minho. I'm a member of the band "Shinee." She gasped, what I thought was realization. Relieved, I composed myself. That's right. There isn't a single female that doesn't know me. 

 

You're those group of boys from Seoul that are staying here for the next two months, right?" She asked. Huh? I thought to myself. Boys from Seoul? Did she really not know who I was? I laughed, bewildered. What kind of girl was she? "Yes, we are." I decided to not deal with her oblivion. She smiled, shaking my hand. "Welcome Choi Minho-shi." She said happily. "I heard you guys are some famous singers in Seoul.

I nodded, "Yes, but how is it that you don't know us?" She frowned. "There are only three channels in this town so we don't get to see celebrities much." 

 

I began to remember we were at an outdated village. She raised an eyebrow at me. "Aren't you supposed to be with the others?" "Uh...I...got separated from them and then I ended up lost." I lied. Believing me, she waved her hand to follow her. "Oh~ even fancy city boys get lost?" She teased. I pursed my lips, "Well, I'm so sorry." I exaggerated. She turned around suddenly, gazing at me and grinned. "I'm just joking. Welcome." I felt my body tingle. "Wait...She's a country bumpkin...Why is my heart beating so fast?" I thought to myself. What's going on?