Gone

Our Love Story

 

Youngmin's point of view

 

Pacing around, I began to feel restless as the clock struck midnight. It has already been an hour since Hayoung left. Sinking down on the couch, I reread the note saying that Joori and Sung-Mi had gone out, understanding that Hayoung was going to be alone tonight. Flustered I blushed, thinking of me just being with Hayoung. Suddenly a light knock paused my imagination as I stood up to answer the door. 

 

"I have the ointment. I had to ask the front desk but they had some. I hope they don't charge extra." She joked with a strain in her voice. I studied her eyes which seemed red and moist. She has been crying again. 

 

Heading to the coffee table, her hands were trembling as she tried to open the small yellow tube. Sitting next to her, I pulled back her hands, looking at her. "What's wrong?" Tears began to form again when she blinked and disappeared. 

 

As if a switch was , her voice was suddenly clear and unwaverly. " I'm fine. I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed, I-" With my lips, I silenced her as her tense body began to melt under my hold. 

………………………………………...

Hayoung's point of view

 

His lips was soft and gentle as they pressed against mine. My whole body began to burn up worse then being in a pit full of fire. So warm and kind,  "Youngmin… my love." M y heart hummed, speaking silently. " Tonight, it will all end. It will go back to the way it used to be. In time you will forgive me, in time you will understand. But as of now, hate me. Hate me enough to forget me. This is the only way I can protect you and your brother. By disappearing from your life. "

 

Realizing that this was what I needed to do for everything to be the way it used to be, I accepted his kiss as my last memory. Secretly a tear dripped down as his hair brushed against my cheek. This love…this kiss. I couldn't have it and it ripped my heart to shreds but to see Yooungmin the way he was tonight…his eyes reflecting an unfamiliar hostile and cold hatred, it was enough to show me that he was changing into someone that wasn't the same kind and loving Youngmin…. Because of me, both him and Kwangmin were changing. My love for each of them were killing each other, destroying  their ties as brothers. Even if I had to erase myself from their lives, it was better then being here knowing that my existence was hurting  the two most important people in my life. Marie was right. I had to stop being selfish. I had to stop listening to my heart. 

 

…………………………………………………

 

The clock glowed six am as I stood up silently. Youngmin sleeping soundly  on the couch was still and motionless. Moving with stealth, I entered the closet with my suitcase. Hastily packing my things, I checked every so often for a change in his position, glad to see that he was still soundly asleep. Once I had pack the last of my things, I breathed in deeply. It was still dark out and surely everyone would still be asleep. Walking towards Youngmin, I stared as his face, collecting the last bits of memories I would take with me. These past six months has been a storm of unimaginable things, of extraordinary experiences and it was all because of this boy that sleeping peacefully. His face, graceful and calm was just like the Youngmin I had met for the first time, smiling and joking away. Leaning forward, my lips gently pressed against his, feeling my heart tug and scream to stay here with him. Refusing to listen to my beating chest any longer, I torn away from him, placing the folded letter by his side on the coffee table and closed the door behind me with silent footsteps. 

…………………………………………………

Minho's point of view

 

Yawning, I groggily got up from bed, stretching my neck. Checking the bright green numbers on the clock, it shined six fifteen AM. Getting ready to leave with Dong Hyun to pick up the bagels and coffees for the members and staff, I throw on jeans with a simple T-Shirt, wishing I was still sleeping. 

In the elevator, Dong Hyun and I got on about to press the lobby button when he exclaims. " Crap! I forgot the address to the bakery." Sighing, I hold the door before it closes. " I'll meet you in the car." He says before leaving. 

 

Shaking my head, I commented on how clumsy a person can get. Downstairs the lobby was starting to fill up with people, becoming increasingly lively. In the chilled air of the morning dew, my feet kicked gravel as I stopped for a passing traveling bus to drive by. Peering at the windows of the tinted bus, my eyes widened. "Hayoung?" I questioned to myself. As the bus drove off down the mountain hill, I reassured that it was just my eyes playing a trick. "I must be really tired…" i mumble as Dong Hyun caught up to me. " What did you say?" He said out of breath. " Huh… Oh… uh it was nothing." Once more, I stared down the road. The bus  was gone and instead was replaced with eery dark green trees.  

 

………………………………………………………..

 

Youngmin's point of view

 

"Chirp, chirp!" The sun felt hot against my skin as I felt the morning greet me. Slowly opening my eyes, I stare out the window which was the perfect shade of light blue, accessorized with white cotton clouds. Smiling, my lips curved upwards when I winced at the pain at my lower lip. " Ah…" I touch them, remembering the kiss last night. 

 

Getting up, I look at the empty bed, it's covers untouched and wrinkle free. Raising an eyebrow, I look around, wondering where Hayoung was. "Hayoung?" I call out, inspecting the kitchen and closet. Knocking on the bathroom door, I waited. Knocking again, the door popped open to emptiness. Returning back to the couch, I sat back down wondering if she had gone out. Sighing, I lean back when my eyes discover a small folded note on the edge of the glass coffee table. Picking it up, I opened it, recognizing Hayoung's handwriting. 

 

" I'm sorry I couldn't say this face to face, but I felt as if I did, I wouldn't have the heart to do it. Youngmin…. You have given me such precious memories that I will keep with me forever. Because of you, I learned a lot about myself and who I am…and where I belong. It isn't here. Being with you, I was able truly love someone, but this world you live in isn't a place for me. I hope in time you will understand and forget me. Thank you for everything."

-Hayoung

 

Dropping the letter on the ground, my heart began to plummet. " No…" I whispered. Standing up, I rushed to the closet, unable to find Hayoung's suitcase or any of her belongings. In shock, my body began to numb. " No… no…. this isn't real." Suddenly, my pocket vibrated as I stared at screen, flashing Dong Hyun's number. Picking it up, I felt my legs give way as I sunk to the floor, leaning. 

 

" Yah, Youngmin. Where are you? You promised to help make breakfast for the staff today. You better not be backing off." 

 

"Hyung…." Quivering, my heart began to throb unbearably. " What…What is it?" He said nervously as he recognizes my pained voice. "She's gone…. Hayoung's gone."