I Want You To Love Me

Our Love Story
Minho's point of view

The rest of the members and manager Oh were resting in the shade, outside in the field when we found them. I broke into a jog, reaching the others. The girl was trotting behind me, curious. Manager Oh scolded me for running away while the principal squinted his eyes. "Is that you Hayoung?" The girl waved her hand, finally joining us. The members stared at her, then at me. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow, whispering. "Who's she?" The principal heard his question and smiled, patting her on the shoulder. "This is Hayoung. She has been living here since a child so if you have any questions, she's the person to ask." Excited Taemin stood up, hugging her. "Hi! I'm Taemin. "Startled, she stammered, "H-Hello." Jinki laughed, "Taemin, calm down! You scared her." "No, it's alright.." she said softly. I scoffed. Where did all her energy go? She was blushing lightly. 

"I'm Jinki or Onew, Im the leader of Shinee. This is Jonghyun, Kibum, and the cranky one is Minho." "Hey!" I yelled. She giggled as the breeze blew her hair slightly. I felt my heart sputter again. "Thank you for letting us stay here." Kibum said, smiling. She nodded slightly, "It's fine. I know the orphanage isn't like Seoul but there are a lot of great things here. If you want, I could give you a tour of the town. " She reddened as she spoke softly to Kibum. I clicked my tongue. This country bumpkin is acting like a girl. What happened to her arrogance? Wait...Why do I care? What does it matter to me if she is friendly to Kibum? I have plenty of girls waiting for me back in Seoul. Still! What did Kibum have that I didn't?! 

I pursed my teeth, annoyed. "Is there any good fishing spots?" Kibum asked. She smiled, nodding. "Yes, if you go to this one creek in the late afternoon, you can catch more then ten large salmon." His eyes twinkled. "Seriously? Will you take me?" He begged. Taemin pouted. "Me too! I wanna go." She laughed, "Of course, if you want, we could go now." They both excitedly agreed. "Jinki hyung, are you coming?" He shook his head, "Me and Jonghyun are going to the market with Manager Oh for tonight's dinner. Make sure to bring back alot of fish." Taemin yelled, "We will!" Kibum turned towards me, "You coming?" I immediately snorted, "Yeah right. There's no way I'm going to wait in this hot sun just for some pink scaly things." Hayoung smirked, "Yeah, you should stay back and rest, since you've done so much today." She teased, sticking out her tongue. Taemin snickered. "Yah!" Kibum interrupted me, "She was just joking Minho." So she wants to be alone with Kibum? Like hell that'll happen. "Fine, I'll go." 

Taemin widen his eyes. "But you hate fishing!" "I do not! I bet I'm better at it then you are." Taemin huffed, "Bring it on!" Hayoung rolled her eyes at me. "Try not to fall in the water Choi Minho-shi~" She stuck her tongue out again and turned the other direction. "Ya-..." I stopped, bewildered. What kind of kind of girl was she?"

.............................................................................

The sun was scorching on my neck as I wearily followed the jolly trio. She, Kibum and Taemin were laughing and bonding, completely ignoring me and leaving me struggling behind. These punks! I cursed at them in my mind.

Finally at the creek, it was surprisingly pretty. Large rocks were piled together, coming out of the water and the numerous tiny water falls foamed and sparkled from the sun. Taemin ran into the creek, splashing water and hooting. "Hyung! The water is great!" Kibum rolled his pants to his knees and carefully walked in. He reach out for Hayoung's wrist, "Be careful, its slippery." I scoffed. Omo, look at this pretty picture. I sat on the burning rock, enduring the pain. Hayoung passed the nets to each of them. They enthusiastically started fishing, waddling in the water. I glanced at Kibum and Taemin. They have completely turned into country bumpkins. What happened the their mysterious and charismatic appearance? I sighed at the thought of what would happen to their image two months from now.

My eyes turned to Hayoung, curiously No matter how I looked at her, she didn't look like a farm girl. Her skin was translucent and glowing in the sunshine. Her long silky hair rested in pigtails at the small of her back. She smiled as she caught another fish. How was this girl that touched nasty slippery fish and wore brandless clothes able to appear so beautiful to me?" I couldn't have fallen for her right?" I muttered softly to myself.

 As the sky darken, we headed back to the orphanage. She was struggling with the bucket of fish, wobbling unstabling. Clicking my tongue, I grabbed it from her. "Girls shouldn't hold things like this." I marched off, embarrassed. "T-thank you." Then Taemin gasped, checking his pockets. "Oh no!" he cried. "What's wrong?" Kibum asked. "I left my watch back at the creek. It's Jonghyun's. If I lose that, he'll kill me!" 

Kibum and Taemin waved as they ran back, leaving us alone. It suddenly felt awkward as we trotted down the road. I smacked a mosquito on my cheek. "Aish!." Hayoung chuckled. "Once when I was young, I got lost and ended up sleeping by the creek. I think that night, I had over a hundred mosquito bites." I suddenly remember Mr. Soh mention she had been here since a child. I didn't realize until then that she was also an orphan. "Um...can I ask you something?" I muttered softly. She nodded, "What is it?" I paused,unsure how to approach the question. "I heard Mr. Soh say you have been here since you were a child." She nodded again, "Yup." I continued. "Do you miss your family?" She stopped, looking at the ground. Her smile disappeared and her eyes dimmed. "I..don't remember them." She confessed, her voice hurt. What? I thought. "What do you mean?" I asked confused. "Mr. Soh told me I was asleep when he found me by the gate of the orphanage. When I woke up, he asked me who I was and where my parents were. I barely knew korean then and only spoke english for some reason, but I managed to tell him that I didn't remember anything. Who I was, what was my name, where I came from, it all disappeared."

Shocked, I stared into her sad eyes. "I'm..sorry. I didn't know." She smiled softly. "I'm fine. I think it  was better that I didn't remember anything. I can start a fresh life...as a new person." Her voice was sorrowful.

Maybe it was then when the stars twinkled brightly in the night sky that I realized it. My chest tightening whenever I was near her, whenever I looked into her eyes. I have fallen in love with her. 

..............................................................

The chair lifted as I returned to the present. Stopping my fall, I looked around, confused. I was back in the rehearsal room. "Love Like Oxygen" rang in my ear as I realized I was asleep. Onew patted my shoulder. " Hey...are you ok?" I unnaturally nodded. "Yeah...yeah, I'm fine." I stood up,stretching my legs when Hayoung came into view. I blushed, remembering the vivid dream. 

I began to notice how different she was now. Before, she was curveless and acted like a tomboy, always running around and playing with the kids in the orphanage but now, she had morphed into a beautiful women. I remembered making fun of her height and her babyish face, but now she had suddenly became a lady. Her legs, long, her waist, curved and lean, her tomboyish face now elegant. I was stunned at how much she had changed.  

As I began to realize how much time has passed, my feelings for her started to bloom again inside my chest. Meeting her three years ago and seeing her now, even though we were now both adults and so much as happened in our life, my love for Hayoung has never changed. 

..............................................................

Hayoung's point of view

Dong hyun called for everyone attention once we had a short break. My muscles were in pain and I had scraped my knees under my pants. Not wanting to worry anyone, I stayed quiet but as we kept kneeling on the ground, practicing the steps, it began to sting painfully. "Now that group practice is over, the remain hour you will all start rehearsing for your individual performances. 

Everyone groaned as we obediently stood up, departing with the comfortable floor. Onew pointed at the paper in his hand, "Here, everyone excluding the members of "Boyfriend" will write what your performance will be. Please write legibly when filling it in." 

When the almost filled sheet came to me, I studied what everyone was doing. Singing, dancing, acting, comedy, there were so many different kinds of performances. I hesitated, worried if I had what it took to perform along side everyone here. All these people had worked vigorously the entire year, to audition for the Centennial festival when I was just placed here. After finally convincing myself that I could do it, I picked up the pencil and carefully wrote each letter attentively. My nervous stomach tightened.

Joori grabbed the paper from my hands as I was about to give it to Onew. "What are you going to do Hayoung unnie?" She gazed at the paper. "Mmm, I can't wait to hear what your going to sing!" Youngmin and Kwangmin appeared by my side. "What are you going to sing?" Youngmin asked, curious. "I don't know yet. I don't know many songs." I confessed. "We could help you." Joori offered. "If you could-" Dong Hyun tapped my arm. He handed me a small bulky envelope.

"Somebody said to give this to you." I thanked his as I opened it curiously. "What is it unnie?" Joori asked, intrigued. I pulled out the cd and the memo inside...

"Dear Mr. Na, it has been a while since I have contacted you. I am sorry for last time at the courtyard. I didn't mean to run away from you but it is not the time to know who I am. When I heard you were hospitalized, I was very worried. I am glad you are fine now. Congratulations on being accepted for the Centennial. I am very proud of you. As a gift for your success, I have given you a cd with a song. I hope you will find it to your liking and sing it at your performance. It was your father's. Until we meet, your guardian."

I crumbled the paper and stuffed it in my pocket so Joori couldn't read what was inside. I pulled out the cd and stared at the title on the cover of the CD case. Still Loving You.

The letter and the CD in my hands, I broke into a run. Swinging the door open, I raced down the hall. "Hayoung!" I heard Joori call from behind. Ignoring it, I ran towards the man by the exit. I grabbed his arm. Startled, he turned around, facing me. "Y-yes?" The student asked, surprised. "Were you the one delivering this?" I asked desperately. He nodded, "Yes, I was." "Who gave this to you?" I demanded. "Excuse me?" he asked confused. " Who gave this to you?" I repeated, frustrated. "No one... It was in the student mailbox." I felt my heart drop to the ground. I let go of his arm as I watched him walk away. I collapsed to the ground, tears in my eyes.

I had lost him again. Whenever he was within arms reach, he slips away, making me more confused and anxious. A hand reached out in front of me. I looked up at Minho's concerned eyes. "Hayoung?" Tears began to fall down my cheeks. I couldn't stop them. My heart was ripping into two. "M-Minho oppa," I whimpered. He grabbed my hand, pulling me gently to his chest. "It's alright. I'm right here." He whispered softly. 

...........................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

My felt as if I was hit by a train. I watched Minho pull Hayoung into his arms, unable to move. She was crying softly as he comforted her gently. Was what I had feared come true? Did she still have feelings for Minho? I wanted to rip him away from her but I couldn't. If she really did still love him, then there was nothing I could do. 

Joori gasped silently as she witnessed Minho embrace Hayoung. "Oh my god! What's going on?" She whispered excitedly. Kwangmin was besides me, his expression the mixture of hurt and jealousy.

Was it already too late to obtain her love? Had she already given it to someone else?