Getting To Know You

Our Love Story
Hayoung's point of view

I must have been tired because my mind was playing tricks on me. His face was on two bodies. Blinking repeatly, I realized there were two of them. Joori waved as they approached us from the boys dormitory. One blonde and the other brunette, waved back in response. "What you guys doing up so late?" Joori asked, after swallowing the remains of her cookie. The blonde spoke, his voice surprisingly deep compared to his feminine face. "I wanted a drink, but Kwangmin doesn't trust me with his wallet so he tagged along." 

They sat on the table besides us as Joori munched on the last cookie. "This is Hayoung, she just transferred today." For some reason, I began blushing when I saw them up close. They were too pretty to be boys. The brunette spoke this time, his voice also surprising similar to the blonde one. "Im Kwangmin and he's Youngmin. We're both third years. Twins."

Ah, that explains it. Youngmin smiled "What grade are you?" I was startled when they both looked at me. They really did look alike…"Im also a third year." My voice became timid, soft. They looked at each other. "What class are you in?" Youngmin asked.

"I don't know yet, I think I'm getting my schedule tomorrow." Joori interrupted."How come you guys are still here? Weren't you going to visit your mom?" Youngmin clicked his tongue in disapproval as he glared at his brother. "Kwangmin waited too long to buy the tickets, so they didn't have anything that was round trip."

 "Aish, its not my fault. I did plan on buying them early, but Youngmin didn't know his social security number." It was fascinating watching them argue, it was like watching a mirror reflection. Unable to contain my amazement, I giggled, smiling sheepishly. 

They both looked at me and immediately I stopped laughing. I probably sounded rude. Glancing at my watch, I gasped, not realizing the time. "It's already one o'clock. I should probably head back and unpack." I stood up, throwing away the wrapper and the empty can in the trash. Smiling shyly, I thanked Joori for tonight.  As I turned away, I felt the twin's eyes still on me. My heart fluttered, humming softly in my chest.  

…………………………………

The next morning was grayish from the early snow storm. My room mate, Paek Soon-Bok, a third year drama student was sleeping on the other side of the room. The night before she had helped me unpack and luckily, we became friends quickly. Looking around the bed, I grab the small blue phone that was a parting gift from Mr. Soh. I wondered what everyone was doing now at the orphanage. He-suk would have probably been crying all morning that he wet his bed again. I smiled at the memory, then I felt a heavy thud echo inside. Tears formed in my eyes unwillingly as I held my face between my hands. "You can get through this…right?"

 

……………………………..

Youngmin's point of view

Stretching my aching body, I walked toward's Kwangmin's bed. Zipping up my jacket, I slap him on the back in annoyance. "Its cold! Why'd you turn off the heater." I complained. One difference I had from my brother was my absolute dislike for the cold. Kwangmin was facing down on the bed, continuing to sleep. After tickling and sitting on my brother, I successfully  woke the cranky beast.

"Aish, Stop it!" he threw a pillow at me as I escaped to the bathroom. Looking at myself in the mirror, I tried to resolve the messy issue with my hair. Turning on the water, I scrubbed my face, ridding myself of the morning grogginess. Hayoung's image suddenly appeared as soon as I closed my eyes. I began to thinking of the night before

…………...................................

"What do you think of Hayoung?" I asked while we were lying in bed. "That girl from before?" Kwangmin's voice was muffled by his blanket in the dark. "Yeah, do you think she knows who we are?" 

"Probably, I haven't met a girl that hasn't..." Kwangmin's voice trailed off as he fell asleep. The truth was, I couldn't stop thinking about her since then. I just didn't want to admit that there was something different. We had always joked around with our fans, calling them our "girlfriends" since they were important to us as idols, but for some reason... I completely forgot about them, about me being famous, or being a member of Boyfriend. Around her, I couldn't remember anything. Everything was blurred, leaving me only able to focus on her.

…………….............

Kwangmin's point of view

The sound of water echoed outside the bathroom, where I managed to sit up on the bed. Annoyed at Youngmin for waking me up, I sighed. Looking at the wall, I studied the poster of our new album cover, wondering about the mysterious girl of  last night; Hayoung. Who was she? 

I began to think back of her smile, her bright brown eyes.  I wanted to see her again.