What Is She To You?

Our Love Story

Hayoung's point of view

The hours passed quickly by the time we headed back to our rooms to get ready for the first day of filming. Shaking the sand from my shoes on the balcony, my thoughts were engrossed of that girl. Who was she? 

No matter how many times I tried to search and rummage through my mind, I couldn't recognize her. A complete stranger..

So what was the reason for her hostility? What was the purpose of belittling me?

I have never appreciated the bullying of the weak ever since a child, having experienced the dark side of being titled as an orphan but I thought I had already gotten used to it by now, so it surprised me that it still hurt just the same as I heard those words again.

Sighing, I stood up, looking out towards the bright blue sky. Shivering from the cool breeze against my wet hair, I escaped inside, placing my shoes back on the shelf besides the door. Joori stepped out of the bathroom, drying her hair. The steam rolled out like a fog. "I'm finished now Unnie, you can use it." She handed me a dry towel as I entered the misty marble bathroom.

I stared at the reflection of the mirror, studying my face. "What have you gotten your self into?" I said out loud. Was it really just a empty remark from a jealous spectator, or was it really true? Was I being overly confident?

..............................................................

Youngmin's point of view

Knowing that we were going to be dressed by a stylist anyways, I decided lazily to wear jeans with a white t-shirt. After the beach, I was even more mentally strained. The entire time I had been avoiding Hayoung, standing far from her, adverting my eyes whenever she was close by. I knew it was cowardly and wrong, but I couldn't help it. I was angry, frustrated.

Like trying to solve a complicated equation, I kept erasing the pencil marks, not knowing what was the right thing to do, not knowing how to find the correct answer. Whenever it came to Hayoung, it was always like this... at a state where I was at a loss of words.

Kwangmin and I walked to the Mr. Yong's room, where his suite was already set up with racks of clothes and tables filled with cosmetics and accessories. At the sides of the door, laying in the hall, were several types of cameras and expensive equipment.

Inside, the rest of the members were already propped up in separate chairs, getting their hair and make up done. I looked around, searching for Hayoung and Joori. A small chubby women took me by the arm, pointing towards the last black chair to the right as I sat down next to Dong Hyun, asking where the girls were. 

Trying not to move, he stiffly spoke, still not used to the feeling of foundation on his skin. "Joori is fitting Hayoung separately in the next room." Kwangmin pulled up a chair next to me, already changed into his black and silver outfit. " Here, it's the script." He handed me the light blue packet with the title of our song. 

We studied the content, reading over our lines when I noticed there was an extra character. I looked up at Mr. Yong, who came into the room, wearing his usual suit and tie. "How come there are seven characters?" I asked, counting the five of us, including Hayoung, which led to six. 

He smiled, complimenting my sharpness. " There's one more person the director asked to participate in the music video." Joori's voice echoed in the hall as she entered with Hayoung, joining the rest of us. " Someone else?" She asked, intrigued by the conversation. 

Han Yoo-Jin appeared, pulling the dark sunglasses from her face. "For this MV, we will be focusing on the bitter-sweet memories of a couple that decided to go their own ways. There will be four main characters that will be leading couples." Hyun Seong stood up, finished with his make-up. "Four?" His worry was obvious that he may not a part. 

......................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

I could tell that I was slowing getting used to my mother. As I became more familiar with her, I was able to look her in the eyes, That nervousness that used to sit in my stomach was gradually disappearing. My ears perked slightly, curious as to who the main character were. 

" All the members will be shown in the music video but the four that the story will revolve around will be..." Suddenly, the clanking of heels caught our attentions. I gasped silently, recognizing the small blonde girl from the cafe. "Sorry I'm late." She spoke with that same fooling innocent voice. 

Han Yoo-Jin greeted her as she approached us, smiling. I was at a loss of words. What was she doing here?!

"You!" Joori exclaimed, shocked stiff. " Ah! Your the girl from before." The blonde said, finishing Joori's sentence. Annoyed, Joori stomped her feet. " What is she doing here?!" Mr. Yong apologized to the mysterious girl, shutting Joori's tantrum short. "It seems you have met." My mother said, amused. I nodded, still confused. 

"That girl spilled her drink all over Hayoung purposely." Joori complained, ignoring Mr. Yong. The blonde girl came forward, horrified. She reached for my hands, pulling them sharply. "I'm so terribly sorry about that! I will pay for the damages." I shivered at her double personality. Just what was she?

"I-It's fine." I flinched at her painful grip. Letting go of my hand, I felt my heart relax as I held my throbbing fingers. "This is Marie An'Twan. She's from the school of performing arts in Paris. She will be participating as the forth character, along with the twins and Hayoung." My eyes widened, not knowing what shocked me more, the fact that I was going to star as a main character in the MV along side both Youngmin and Kwangmin, or that this Marie girl knew my mother.

I shifted my eyes to the twins, unable to understand their expression. Youngmin stepped forward slowly, his voice soft. "Marie?"