Your First Love

Our Love Story

Hayoung's point of view


I knocked lightly at Mr. Smitten's door. "Come in." I hear faintly. I cautiously stepped inside, finding him typing on his computer with his reading glasses at the tip of his nose. There was classical music playing softly in his stereo. He turned around, smiling immediately when he saw me. "Ms. Na! " He greeted. I couldn't see the ice king that supposedly everyone called him, he seemed more like a retired grandfather."Hello, Mr. Smitten." I responded. He gave me a look and took of his glasses. "Well?" he raised an eyebrow. 

I cleared my throat, still worried if I was making the right decision. "No, you have to do this Hayoung." I thought to myself. "Yes, I have made my choice. He spun his chair towards me, interested. "I've...I've decided to enter the Centennial festival. If it will give me an opportunity to find my parents...then I'll do it." He clapped his hands together. "Excellent! You've made the right choice Hayoung. It'd be almost criminal if you hid your talents any longer." 

Talent? I thought to myself. "Do you really believe I could do this?" I asked. His expression became serious. "Do you know why I have never excepted any of the auditions until now?" I shook my head. "Long ago, I knew someone very special.. a principal of this school once. He told me, the people that believe they are great never get far while the ones that doubt themselves first and come to see how special they are will always grow and learn." He smiled as he looked at me. "Now you doubt yourself but I promise you.. there will be a day when you will understand how special and how brilliant you truly are."

Special, Brillant? I began to wonder if such a day would come. 

………………………………………………………...

Kwangmin's point of view

Downstairs, I found Youngmin sitting in the cafe with a coffee in his hand. "Where were you?" he demanded. Ignoring the question, I changed the subject. "Why did Dong Hyun hung want to see us?" "He wants to decide what song we are going to do." 

Inside our practice studio, the rest of the boyfriend members were sitting in a circle on the floor. "Your late," Dong Hyun hyung remarked. "Sorry, my fault." I answered. "Ok, the centennial festival is in least then three weeks. We need to decide what we're doing and how." The members nodded in response. "Any ideas?" "Instead of one of our songs, why don't we sing one of Shinee's?" Hyun Seong suggested. "Hmm, which song?" "The one we used for the UCC last time, " Love Like Oxygen. We could ask them help us." 

Simultaneously, we all agreed as the meeting ended. As I placed the song in the stereo, Minwoo came behind, tapping me on the shoulder. "Is it true? Hayoung's also going to be in the Centennial?" I nodded, adjusting the volume. "Thats incredible, she hasn't even been here long!" I noticed him blush. 

…………………………………………….

Youngmin's point of view

I sat idly on the floor, watching my reflection on the mirror. My eyes adverted to the back of my brother. "Where was he this morning?" I thought to myself. Laying on the floor, I sighed, annoyed. I began to wonder what Hayoung decided to do. Would she do the performance to find her parents? The opening of the door caught my attention as Hayoung stood across from me.

………………………………………………

Hayoung's point of view

At the cafeteria, I noticed In-tak and Eun-Sook. "Hayoung!" In-Tak waved. I sat next to them. "Good morning. Are you all in the performance?" He nodded rapidly. " We're in the same group as "Boyfriend." "Same group?" I asked. Eun-Sook spoke for the first time, "Yes, since there are so many people in the showcase, we are separated by categories. We are close to the end of program so we are working along side them." She said timidly. I began to imagine what it would be like to work along side the twins, then I realized I have never seen them on stage. I wondered what they would look like, dancing and singing.

At the familiar hallway to the practice studio, I saw the sign with the large star, scribbled with "Boyfriend" in the middle. I recognized my favorite song playing on the other side of the door. In-Tak opened it carefully, peeking out. "They haven't started yet." I prepared my heart as I entered last. 

It was the first time I saw all the "Boyfriend" members together. I recognized the twins immediately and Minwoo belatedly. I suddenly felt shy at the other three. Youngmin clumsily stood up, staring at me. Kwangmin suddenly blushed as he gazed at me. My face, flushed, remembered the incident in the morning. 

A boy with red hair came towards In-Tak, patting his shoulder, smiling. "So your the group we're working with!" He smiled but squeezed painfully In-Tak's skin. "Ow! Hyung!" The red haired boy laughed, "Just kidding." He gazed at me. "You must be Hayoung." I nodded shyly, shaking his hand. "I heard about the ice king actually accepting an audition. I wonder what made him swung." He called the rest of the members to line up. "Introduce yourself."

They rushed over, standing in a line. I smiled to myself, they reminded me of little dogs. "Starting with the maknae," Minwoo raised his hand, smiling. " Noona! remember me? I'm No Minwoo." The red head boy skipped the twins as a curly haired boy smiled. "Nice to meet you, I'm Lee Jeong Min. You can call me Oppa." He winked. I blushed lightly. "Don't mind this flirt." The dark haired boy besides him said. "I'm Hyun Seong the second oldest. Let's get along." He offered. The red headed boy introduced himself last. "Im the leader of "Boyfriend" and the oldest, Kim Dong Hyun." he smirked, proud of his title. They bowed as they yelled, "We are boyfriend." I bowed in response, "I'm Hayoung, third year. I'm inexperienced but I hope you will help me." I smiled, suddenly not nervous anymore. They stared at me surprised, their cheeks reddening.

The door suddenly swung open with Joori running inside. "SORRY! I'm late! I got my group confused." Kwangmin sighed, "that's expected" After Dong Hyun Hyung scolded her, she grabbed my arm. "I'm taking her to change into appropriate clothes." I didn't have time to argue when she pulled me in the bathroom. She shuffled through her bag, taking out a white bag. "Here wear these." She grinned. I softly pushed her hands back, "Its fine, I already have clothes to wear." I took out the white sweatpants and the large black shirt. She sighed, "I knew it. Thank god I came prepared. You can't wear those." "Why not?" I asked. "Because from now on, your going to be in the same room as the famous "boyfriend" idols. I will not allow you to embarrass yourself with those." I pursued my lips. I began to understand slowly. These were people that performed with celebrities and were famous all over korea. I couldn't possibly appear before them in the clothes I wear when I'm home. "Fine." I finally said. 

Smiling ear to ear, she pushed me into a stall, handing me the white bag. "Just trust me!" I pulled the garment out of the bag. "Ehhhh?" I yelled. I held the red crop top in one hand and the white sweatpants in another. "What?" Joori complained. "This!…Its too short, You can see my stomach if I wore this." "So?" She tried to find something wrong with it. "Everyone's wearing it, its the trend." "Trend or not…" I blushed imagining the twins looking at me with this. They'd surely think I was weird. "Just wear it!" She yelled. 

Taking all the courage left in my body, I managed to convince myself it was the seoul trend. I started to miss the baggy clothes instantly. I stepped out of the stall to a very satisfied Joori. "I knew it! You have such a nice body, you need to show it off." She exclaimed. I suddenly felt embarrassed. She bend down as she pulled one side of pants to my knee. "There." She loosen my hair and gave me a Thumbs up. "You look hot." She said, approvingly. I looked at the reflection wondering what kind of people in seoul actually wore this sort of thing. She opened the door as she gestured to come out. I felt my chest tighten, praying I didn't look strange. 

……………………………………….

Kwangmin's point of view

I was helping Minwoo stretch from behind when I saw Hayoung walk out. My heart stopped. I couldn't help to gaze at her exposed stomach and her sudden very urban look. Joori must have done this. I began to blush as she looked at the ground. I have always seen her bundled up in scarfs and jacket, the exposed skin gave me a surprise…but I couldn't say I hated it.

…………………………………..

Youngmin's point of view

Seeing girls with their stomachs and legs showing never matter to me. In the agency, all of the noon's wore those sort of clothing when dancing. But when she entered the room, I felt my body become feverish. Even though it was barely exposing, I could still see her creamy flat stomach. I had always seen her as a cute bright girl, I was taken aback her sudden provocative attire. She really was a women. My face, flushed, looked away. I noticed the same awe in the other member's expression. My jealousy flickered. I didn't want anyone to look at her…especially Kwangmin. 

…………………………………….

Hayoung's point of view

I couldn't tell if they found it strange or surprising. The twins were red and looking elsewhere. I felt the regret trusting in Joori's words. As I was about to turn to go back to the restroom to change, I was caught by JeongMin. He had his hand on my shoulder, smiling. "Whoah, Hayoung. Nice!" He winked. I blushed, confused. "Its not strange?" He shook his head. "Absolutely not!" He winked again.

Youngmin and Kwangmin pulled him away from me, shouting at the same time. "Hyung! I don't know this step." Youngmin pushed him towards the other direction. "I need help with this translation." Kwangmin helped his brother drag JeongMin  away. I cocked my head to the side, confused. 

Joori stood besides me. "What did I tell you? You look great!" I sighed, "I guess." Secretly It would have been nice if Youngmin and Kwangmin complimented me, but perhaps it was foolish to have such pointless desires. They were celebrities and I... Well I was just Hayoung, someone who wasn't even sure if that was her name...

……………………………………….

Kwangmin's point of view

As we separated JeongMin from Hayoung, Dong Hyun hung clapped his hands together, grabbing our attention. "For the Centennial, there is a group perform and an individual. For the individual, within the three hours of practice time, half will be your own to spend, but for the first hour and a half, we will work together as group. We decided to use Shinee's Love Like Oxygen and I was just on the phone with with Choi Minho." "He said that him and Onew could come in a couple hours to help out. I noticed Hayoung's eyes suddenly sparkle.

 "Choi Minho's coming? She asked, her voice distant. I gazed at her, curious of her reaction. Joori smiled, poking at Hayoung. " That's great! Your favorite idol is coming!" Hayoung's eyes shined with excitement. I glared at Hyun Seong for causing this catastrophic situation.

……………………………………….

Youngmin's point of view

"Favorite…what?" I asked, stunned. Hayoung nodded. "Even though back in my hometown, we didn't know many celebrities, we knew "Shinee". They came to the orphanage once when I was freshman during an episode of their reality show. I used to think famous people were arrogant but Minho-shi and the rest of the members were really kind to the children, and they helped us during their stay."

She said, recalling the memories. "You knew Minho?" I asked, surprised. Joori interrupted, smiling devilishly. " Even more then that... she used to like him!" I felt my body freeze. "Wait…like?" I thought to myself. I glanced at Kwangmin's stiff expression. Hayoung was blushing, playfully yelling at Joori, yet still bashfully giggling.

I redeemed myself, telling myself to calm down. "Everyone has a first love.." I muttered softly. "There's no reason to worry….right?" I questioned, staring at the Shinee poster next to the rest of the idol images. He smiled in the still picture confidently, my new rival Choi Minho.