The Time For The Truth

Our Love Story

 

Hayoung's point of view

I held my breath, astonished to see my mother in front of me. She took off the dark glasses, revealing her sharp and intense gaze. Boyfriend had already knew of her by the way they reacted. Minwoo's mouth opened in the shape of an "o", while Dong Hyun and the rest of the older members were completely baffled. I stared at her, confused and taken aback. 

"Hello, I am Han Yoo Jin. I will be in charge of the music video for the next couple days. I hope to get along with you." She smiled kindly, winking secretly at me. I felt my fingers numbing from shock. I would have never imagined her being the director in a million years. The members of Boyfriend and Joori greeted her respectfully, ecstatic to meet a legendary super star while I remained frozen, broken and full of glitches. 

………………………………………..

Kwangmin's point of view

The color from her face disappeared. The warmth that radiated from her skin cooled as her hands shook. I creased my forehead, bewildered by her haunted expression. Once again, I began questioning Han Yoo Jin's relationship with her as I recalled the time of the party at the Centennial festival and of last night. Just what was Hayoung hiding? Just what made her make such defeated expressions whenever she was around this women. 

I kept glancing at Hayoung's unchanged frozen eyes as we each introduced ourselves. She remained silent when it came to her. "Hayoung-shi?" The president asked. Her bleak expression flickered back to life as she blinked into consciousness. "Ah! I…I'm Hayoung, a junior at SPA highschool. I hope to be in good hands." She said carefully, not looking at Yoo-Jin in the eyes. 

……………………………………………………………..

Hayoung's point of view

I didn't how to respond. I didn't know what to do. This women that I had just recently found out was my birth mother was now in front of  me as the director of Boyfriend? It didn't make sense. 

"Excuse me, I understand why Boyfriend was called to this meeting but…I don't see how me and Hayoung are involved." Joori asked honestly, still confused as to what reason we were here for. I too, couldn't see our connections to us being here. 

"On the school website, Hayoung came the highest for the performance polls. So, we decided to use this opportunity to introduce her to the media since she had already made such a wave in the entertainment world, as for you Joori," The president smiled cheerfully. 

"The fall fashion segment you did for Ella Girl magazine had contacted us, wanting you to be the fashion coordinator that represents their clothing and cosmetic line in this music video." Joori gasped, completely shocked. Jumping up and down with exploding excitement, she grinned ear to ear.

I felt the confusion of what he was saying finally sinking in. "Wait…introduce me to the media?" I was clueless as to what he was talking about. He nodded, smiling. "The media has been buzzing since your feature in Star's Magazine.

 

I raised an eyebrow, now drowning in questions. "What magazine?" I said, completely oblivious. "You haven't seen them?" Joori asked, shocked. I nodded, not knowing what I should have seen. She ran to her bag, pulling out a thick glossy book, flipping through the pages. 

 

"Here!" She pointed towards the center of folded pages, handing it to me. My eyes shot open, dumbfounded. "What is this?" I asked in disbelief. "Ever since your performance at the centennial, the public has been in complete frenzy." I stared at my frozen image which was printed on the center of the page, the bold letters popping out against the creamy white background. "Even in school, everyone is talking about you. Prodigy genius discovered at SPA academy.

 

I felt my stomach tightened, the cold sweat on my back appearing. "That's enough." Youngmin said, taking the book away from my trembling hands. "Are you all right?" He asked, his eyes burned with concern. I nodded, biting my lip. 

 

"I know it's a lot to take in, Ms. Hayoung-shi." The president said, gently smiling. "It's a big change,  but you've finally done it. You'll be able to debut! Wasn't that what you wanted?"

 

I turned towards him, then at Han Yoo-Jin. What I wanted?

 

"Hayoung-shi…" My mother looked at me gently. "What will you do?" I felt the panic in my heart spread. Everything was happening so fast, I couldn't keep up. Just two months ago, I running barefoot with the elementary students, playing tag, but now, suddenly, I was caught in a world of stages and spotlights. 

 

What was I supposed to do? Do I refuse or do I accept? I stared at the members, at Joori. Without realizing it, the distance between me and the twins, which was miles apart at first, was suddenly closing in. As I watched them on stage from afar, I wondered if I could ever see at their perspective. Now, I suddenly was placed on the steps to the stage, just feet away from them. I swallowed, looking at my mother. 

 

I finally began to understand why she was there. She had turned the hourglass, starting the countdown to when it would all end.

 

In the next week, once we would finish the music video, once everything was done. Once everything was packed… It would my time to say goodbye. 

 

I clenched my fist, calming my rapidly beating heart. "I…I will do it." 

 

…………………………………………………….

 

Youngmin's point of view

 

I stared at Hayoung, amazed. In the two months I had met her, I've experienced  many new memories and discovered parts of my heart that I didn't know I had, but somehow I felt a strange ache in my chest. As if she was slowly slipping away. I was afraid to break my gaze from her, afraid that she would disappear. 

 

Why did I continuously feel as if every word, every smile she made was goodbye?

..............................................................................

 

Hayoung's point of view

 

Han Yoo-Jin handed each one of us a run-through of the concept for the music video. " Since the Young Artist Music Awards is in just a few weeks, we have to start filming immediately. Tomorrow, at three in the morning, we will all meet here in order to leave for our filming destination. In your run-through, there is a outline for what you will need to pack." The president glanced at his watch in distraught. 

 

"Since I have an important meeting, I must leave first. Make sure to get here on time." Joori raised her hand before he could close the meeting. 

 

"Where exactly are we going?" She asked curiosity. "That is a secret," He smiled toothily. "That is why we made a guide for each of you as of what to pack." Joori pouted, unsatisfied with her grandfather.

 

We all greeted Mr. Choi goodbye as he closed the door, his secretary close behind him.. My mother stood up, smoothing her dark green dress while picking up her silver purse from the table. "I too must be leaving. I will  look forward to tomorrow's shooting." She said kindly, looking towards me.

 

Dong Hyun repeatedly thanked her as she raised a hand to him. "There is no need to thank me." I offered to guide her to the entrance of the school as an excuse to speak to her alone. Once we were the only one in the hallway, my feet stopped. I gazed at her, noticing she had the same tiny beauty mark under her left eye.  

 

"Thank you…for giving me time." I said honestly. She smiled, brushing her hair back. "I know how hard it is to give up someone you love, it is painful. I can give you time but as long as you are besides them, you will always be regretful. The only way to move on is to let go." Her gaze was intense, boring into me. 

 

I already knew that it would be impossible to separate from my feelings. I was already too consumed in love. I decided that night when I made my decision to remain by my mother's side, that I would pay for my sufferings later in life, but for now…at least while I was still besides them, I would fool my heart briefly that I would be fine. 

 

I bit my lip, the question that I had been wondering about appearing slowly. "Aren't you worried?" I asked, my fist clenched tightly. She raised an eyebrow, smiling gently. " Worried?" She said, leaning against the wall. "Of others finding out?" I nodded, wondering why she had so boldly come here if she was so afraid of others finding out about us.

………………………………………………….

 

 

Youngmin's point of view

 

Grabbing my phone from off the floor, I glanced at the screen, at the glowing numbers.. It was already  the afternoon by the time we left the studio. Joori and Donghyun went to the office to request for leave of absent for the filming. 

 

Hyung Seong, Jeong Min, and Minwoo left together to their classes on the opposite side of campus while it was only me and Kwangmin in the hall as we headed towards our third period. 

 

I began wondering if Hayoung was already in Biology since she left first with Han Yoo-Jin. I could''t help but notice that there was something about them that seemed more complicated then what meets the eye. "Can you sense it too?" I stopped, surprised at Kwangmin's sudden question. 

 

"What?" I asked, taken aback. "That women, Han Yoo Jin and Hayoung. There's something going on between those two, isn't there." I stared into his concerned eyes. Slowly nodding, I also was aware that Hayoung was hiding something…but what?

 

We walked in silence, the only noise being the pattering of our shoes. Both deep in our own thought, we wondered the same thing. I suddenly stopped, my eyes widening at what I saw.

 

 Kwangmin, who was absentmindedly dragging his feet forward, bumped into me. Annoyed, he rubbed his forehead. "Why did you suddenly-" We both froze, watching Hayoung and Han Yoo Jin in the lobby. Hiding behind a column, we looked at each other, unable to shake off the tension of the atmosphere. 

 

Kwangmin whispered softly as we peeked towards them. I have never seen Hayoung so serious. Her fists were clenched together, her knuckles white from the pressure. "What's going on?" He asked quietly. I raised a finger to my lips as Hayoung spoke. 

 

"Aren't you worried?" Her voice was corse and shivering. I felt myself lean closer, barely making out what she said. We listened carefully, curious as to what was happening. "Worried?" Someone chuckled softly. "Of others finding out?" A higher, older voice hinted that Han Yoo-Jin was speaking. Hayoung nodded, her lips tightly pressed against each other. 

 

"It's true in the beginning I was scared of what would happen if others knew. I was afraid of what could happen to you since you were so young, but not anymore." Han Yoo Jin's expression became stern.  I couldn't understand what was going on.

 

"I made a promise to myself that when I was able to stand on my own, when I knew there was no one that could take you away from me, I would come for you." I felt my heart beat faster, nervous and anxious.

 

Kwangmin and I leaned even closer towards the two. " To all those that tried to take you from me, to my parents who never learned how to love, to your father that loved you till his death…" 

 

I felt my legs give out as I sunk to the floor. Cold sweat washed over me as I exchanged glances with Kwangmin, hardly believing what I've just heard. 

 

" When the time comes for us to leave, I …I will reveal you to the public... as the daughter I hid for sixteen years."