Kiss

Our Love Story
Hayoung's point of view

I held the toothpick in my hand, looking at the mark at the tip. I looked up when Joori announced "Blue."  I raised my hand anxiously. Joori smiled. "Fifth couple made, Kwangmin and Hayoung!" Surprised, I looked at him. His eyes were wide, his cheeks blushing. I began to panic. Wait, whats going on? Kwangmin's my partner? I gazed at Youngmin's bothered expression. His lips were pressed together, tense.

"Next color! Red! Who has red? Joori called. Rinka waved her hand, "Me~" Youngmin's face turned pale. His finger twitch as he slowly raised his hand. "I do."

...........................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

I went numb when Hayoung raised her hand. I felt the jealousy and the shock creeping into my skin slowly. I looked to the corner, where my brother stood. Joori pulled Hayoung towards him, congratulating them for becoming a couple. I almost didn't hear her announce the next color until Minwoo elbowed me. "Hyung, thats you." I looked down at the red mark, then at Rinka's satisfied grin. I raised my hand slowly as she came towards me, sitting closer then needed.

"We must be fate!" She exclaimed, wrapping a hand around my arm. I couldn't pay attention to her,  I was only focused on Hayoung's hurt gaze. 

............................................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

I never expected this. Hayoung was silently standing next to me, her warmth radiating by my side. Her long hair hung down her shoulders, her dress shimmering from the christmas lights. She was beautiful. I began to tremble. Please, don't make my heart race any faster. Please don't make fall in love with you anymore then this..

..........................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

DongHyun threatened HyunSeong to kick him out of the group if their lips touched. Determined to win the two hundred dollar prize, DongHyun placed the pepero stick between his lips. Everyone snickered as HyunSeong came closer, biting the stick. Right before their lips were about to touch, DongHyun back away, "You are out! Pack your things, leave immediately!" The entire room laughed at their bickering. Joori measured the remaining stick carefully. "1.3 mm!" Suddenly excited, they high fived. 

Minho forfeited by stepping on the pretzel when he was partnered with Kibum. Minwoo blushed bright red as Sulli bit the stick slowly. Everyone was quiet, anxious and intrigued. She pulled back, giving the remaining stick to Joori. With a glove, she lifted the left over and measured it. "1.5 mm!" Donghyun and Hyunseong cheered, ecstatic they were leading. 

My chest ached when Youngmin stood up, rinka following behind. I didn't want this. My breath shallowed as I felt my throat tightening. Youngmin stared at me with apologetic eyes as he came towards the center. Joori handed him the chocolate stick as he hesitated before putting it in his mouth. 

.................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

I stared at Rinka, uncomfortable. I didn't want her to so close to me. It felt wrong. She inched closer until she was almost by my lips. Break it. Break it now.

She came foward, about to kiss me, when I pulled away successfully. She missed me by a hair. Clicking her tongue, she sighed in disapproval. I ignored her, looking for Hayoung. Her stiff expression relaxed. Her worried eyes became gentle. Joori grabbed the stick, placing it against the ruler. "2.2 mm!" Rinka frowned in disappointment.

I walked back to my seat, passing Hayoung gently, speaking in my heart. I'll never kiss anyone other then you.

..............................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

I relaxed when they broke apart. I felt the blood rushing to my head. They didn't kiss. I smiled slightly, relieved. I didn't know what I'd do if they did. I shuddered at the thought...

Joori called for the blue couple excitedly. I panicked, not mentally prepared. I dragged my legs to the center of the room, forcing myself to stay strong. It's just a game, just a game!

Kwangmin stared at me worried, whispering. "We don't have to do this." I hesitated, then exhaled. "I'm fine. I..I can do it." Joori placed the pepero stick between my lips as Kwangmin slowly approached me. My heart was beating against my chest painfully. I held my breath, feeling feverish...

.....................................................................

Kwangmin's point of view

My entire body tingled as I carefully bit the pepero pretzel. It was completely silent except for my own pounding heart. I blushed as her brown eyes locked with mine. I bit again, gradually coming closer. I gently placed my hand on her, inching closer, turning my head. My entire body was burning as our lips were just barely touching." Let go.." I told myself.

My heart wouldn't listen. I tried to pull away but I was completely hypnotized, entrapped in my own desires. I wanted time to stop. I wanted her to be with me, not him. My chest tightened, crying in desperation. I won't let you go to Youngmin.

..................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

His gaze bore into me, sending trembles down my spine. His breath brushing against my lips making me feverish and light headed. "Pull away Kwangmin." I said with my eyes. "If you come any closer..." I froze. I felt his hand on my shoulder, gently touching me. 

What's going on? Why isn't he pulling away? 

He reached forward, tenderly pressing against my lips. I felt a jolt of electricity ripple through my entire body. I jerked back, stunned. I raised my hand to my lips. "Kwangmin-shi?" 

....................................................................

Youngmin's point of view

Get away..

I held my breath as their lips barely touched. The entire room was on edge, watching them. I grabbed the fabric of my jeans, uneasy. Kwangmin suddenly closed his eyes as he slowly leaned towards her. "What are you-!" My heart stopped.

His hand reaching for her shoulder, Kwangmin's lips gently pressed against her's. Her eyes widen, frozen in shock. Astounded, my jaw dropped.

..................................................................

Hayoung's point of view

Everyone gasped. Suddenly, they all erupted, hollering and shouting. Joori giggled, "And Kwangmin and Hayoung wins!" Donghyun and Hyunseong collapsed on the floor, in disbelief at their defeat. I stepped back, confused. Blushing, I stammered. "I-I.." I ran out of the house not knowing what to do, blushing and trembling. The wind shook every bone in my body as I escaped to an empty playground. I held a hand to my racing heart. 

..................................................................

I sat on the swing, my body numb. I touched my lips, the lingering kiss still present. Why did he do that? Why did he kiss me? I stared into space absentmindedly. The crunching of snow caught my attention. I looked up at Kwangmin standing before me, out of breath. He stepped forward.

"Hayoung..."