Tension

Our Love Story

 

Kwangmin's point of view

As if interconnected, all the reporters jumped up shouting out questions. " Kwangman-shi! What is the meaning of this confession?! Kwangman-shi! Does Hayoung feel the same way?!" 

Even Shin In-Shi's eyes were bright with interest. Mr. Yong and Mr. Kang confused and perplexed tried to calm the raging crowd when Han Yoo Jin grabbed my arm. " Take Hayoung and go back to the lobby. We'll deal with things here…." Her voice was low and gravely. Stepping back, disoriented and light headed, I walked towards Hayoung, holding out my hand. Suddenly a thunderbolt of camera flashes bombarded the room. " Quickly!" Yoo Jin ordered. About to grab her hand, my wrist was caught in my brother's tight grip. " What do you think you're doing?" His eyes were burning with a new kind of anger, his words ice  cold. Shivering at the discovery of this new side to him, I hesitated. " Youngmin… let them go." Yoo Jin said softly, understanding that it wouldn't do any good for a fight. Biting his lip, he stared between me and Hayoung, who's face was pale and frightened. Ripping my hand away from his fingers, I pulled Hayoung to her feet, refusing to look at her scared and wide eyes.

"Let's go." I said clearly, forcing her to step down the platform behind me. The entourage of reporters continued to flash their blinding camera lights at us until security held them back as I closed the door behind us, muffling the sound of chaos. We stood their for a long moment as I processed in my head what just happened. A soft quivering voice made me flinch as I stared into Hayoung's eyes. " Kwangmin?" 

Hayoung's point of view

Grabbing my hand again, he pulled me sharply towards the back door. Outside, the wind disappeared and an eery quietness contaminated the night. The only sounds were the scraping of our feet against the gravel. Still in a daze, I shivered as the image of Youngmin. This was the first time I has seen him so angry….so hurt. Kwangmin's grip grew tighter as I winced at the pain of my wrist. 

Once we reached the lobby, he stopped suddenly, his back facing me. Clentching his fist once again, I whimp softly. " Kwangmin…you're hurting me." Turning towards me, he stared at me when he looked down at my reddening hand. Realizing that I was at the verge of tears, he quickly let go. "Sorry!" Relieved that the blood was flowing again through my fingers, I closed my eyes. 

It was silent for a long time, the only sound being the distant splash of the water as the Koy fish in the pond outside surface to the top. Biting my lip, I tried to speak again. " Kwangmin… why did you-" 

Suddenly, a fist punched Kwangmin's cheek, sending him crashing to the ground. Gasping, I recognized Youngmin's tousled hair as the twins began punching each other, rolling on the floor. "Cut it out!" Hyun Seong shouted as he and the rest of the members tried to separate the two.

"Stop it!" I screamed, panting. Frozen, Youngmin with a bleeding lip stood still, clutching onto Kwangmin's blood stain collar. Kwangmin, his nose bleeding, breathed heavy under his brother's grip. " Stop it…" My voice cracked as tears began to fall. "Why are you two doing this?…" Faster and faster the tears fell as I felt my heart ripping to shreds. 

"What's going on?" Mr. Yong walked in, shocked at the current state of the twins. Sighing heavily, he pulled the twins apart, pushing Youngmin towards me. " Go…. we'll deal with this later, but for now, go clean yourselves up." 

 ………………………………………………

 Youngmin's point of view

"Ah!" I winced as Hayoung dabbed my lip with rubbing alcohol. " Stay still." Her voice was hard and distant as she averted her gaze away from me, concentrating on my cut. Holding her hand, I made her look at me. Eyelashes damp and eyes watery, she tried to turn her head when she I kept a firm grip. " Hayoung." My voice was soft, vulnerable and fragile like glass. 

She didn't say anything for along time, but then her resistance eased and she stared at me with warm brown eyes. "What were you thinking?" She said sadly. A odd pang of pain entered my heart as I realized her disappointment in me. 

" I'm sorry." I said earnestly. " I… I could't help it." Gently pulling me towards her, her embrace melted away all the tension in my body and the hatred disappeared like rising smoke. " I know…but he's still your brother." She sighed before carefully rubbing my cut again with the swab. " I don't know why he did that, or what made him do it but we should hear him out first." 

Before I could speak, she stood up. " Stay here. I'm going to get the ointment. She stopped suddenly when I grabbed her hand. " Don't go…." My voice was as if a child's calling out to his mother. Chuckling softly, she bended down and gently kissed my forehead. " I'll be back. I have to take care of your irresponsible consequences, don't it? " She said lightly. 

Closing the door softly, she left me in her room alone, sitting on the bed. Touching the place where her lips touched, I could still feel the warmth of lips. 

……………………………………………………….

Hayoung's point of view

Shutting the door, I leaned against it, my head up with my eyes closed, sighing deeply. "What will I do with you?" I mumbled. Suddenly, the ruffling of footsteps made me jump. " Marie…" I said slowly, remembering the happened at the conference.

" I need to talk to you." She said coldly, her blue eyes a chilling blue ice.

 

Kwangmin's point of view

"Hey! That hurts!" I yell as Dong Hyun violently rubs the stinging liquid on my cut cheek. " Who are you calling "Hey"?" He nudges my head with his finger. " Ah!" I complain. " I'm hurt here Hyung!" 

"Hah! He scoffs. " And who's fault is that? Who said to make such a mess tonight?" Exhaling, I cross my arms as I hold my tongue from saying anything else. " Well?" He waited. " I…I had my reasons." 

Sighing heavily, he closed the first aid kit. " Im your hyung… if you don't tell me then how will I understand?" The leader was gone and instead a close friend stood before me. " I had to. It was the only way I could protect her." 

………………………………………………...

( This is the end of Marie's VOP: Celebrate or whatever you feel for the character :) )   

 Hayoung's point of view

"What did you want to talk about?" I said, standing outside in the parking lot. Pulling out a cigarette she lit it and took a long drag. Crinkling my nose, I coughed at the thick smoke. She chuckled a mocking sneer as she commented on my childish naivety. " If you don't have something to say, then I'll be going." I turned to leave when she flicked the cigarette towards me, missing me by a hair. 

"Wait…" She came closer, staring at me with her wild light blue eyes. " Do you see what you're doing to them?" Her gaze was cold and deathly. "What?" I whispered, my voice going out like the cigarette on the ground. " Don't tell me you haven't realized it…your the reason why the twins are like this." A sharp knife like pain cut through my heart like butter suddenly. Bit my lip, I felt lightheaded. 

"So you have realized it….At least you're not as dumb as you look." Her insult was a tickle compared to what I was feeling now. " How much selfish are you going to be? If you would have just left when I told you to… none of this would have happened!" 

" I know." I said quietly. " I know." For the first time, I felt as if it was me all alone that was the bad guy. It was me that broke the twins apart, making them the way they are now. A sudden memory of when I first met them at the cafe, laughing and joking with one another, made me want to break down and cry. Hatred…jealousy, that was all that was left after I entered their lives.

"Leave." Marie's words were fire, burning my ears. " If you truly love Youngmin, then disappear from his life. That's the best thing you can do for him. Since you came, everything has become a disaster. Why should you ruin someone else's life just because your too stupid to understand that your " love" is hurting the ones you care about." Marie glared at me, sending shivers down my spine. 

"Thats the difference between you me… Kwangmin told you that I broke up with Youngmin because he was a burden right?" She questioned. " Did he mention that it was my father that was keeping him from debuting?" My eyes grew wide, unrecognizing this part of the story. " Once my father heard about me and Youngmin, he told me to leave him… that he wasn't the "right" one for me. All my father was concerned about was that he wasn't   a privileged wealthy heir. Because I refused, my father paid the agencies to reject him and his brother from becoming Idols. In order to protect him I ended it…." 

A tear fell down Marie's cheek as she looked away, brushing it from existence as quickly as it fell. " It was because I loved him that I let him go, as for you… all you can think about is yourself."

Collapsing onto the ground, I felt my body weaken and want to crumble into the dirty pavement. " Do us all a favor and disappear. " 

The soft footsteps of her heels vanished with the breeze of the wind as I was left in the middle of parking lot, alone and hating myself. 

Comment and subscribe!!!