Chapter 8: Secret revealed, Kikwang’s warning and an unexpected visitor

DJ got us falling in love

 

Chapter 8: Secret revealed, Kikwang’s warning and an unexpected visitor




“Minji! Are you alright? Are you hurt?” Kikwang asked as soon as he was beside her however Minji’s eyes were fixed on Taemin. Unaware, she has tears on her eyes.

“Taemin! Taeminnie! Wake up!” Sooyoung shouted at Taemin as the crew took off the boxes away from Taemin.

“Hyung! Call an ambulance, I think two of them are hurt.” Kikwang said to his manager. 

The shooting was cancelled. Taemin was rushed to the hospital with Minji. Kikwang and Sooyoung followed.

When they arrived at the hospital, Sooyoung was kind of panicking and Kikwang held her hand and said, “He’s gonna be fine.”

“I’m worried. He has a back injury before. If it was hit again, it’ll be bad.” Sooyoung said. 

Minji on the other hand was being treated. She has a minor cut on her knee but she was fine. She joined Kikwang and Sooyoung and heard what Sooyoung said.

"He had an injury in his lower back before so that relaxes him.” She remembered what Kibum has said.

He’ll be fine right? Minji, he’ll be fine.’ She thought. 

SHINee came as soon as they heard. JinKi asked, “Noona, what happened?”

“There were heavy boxes about to fall on Minji and Taemin saved her. He’s unconscious and now being examined.”

Minho saw Minji shaking at the corner, he put his arm around her and said, “Taemin will be fine, Minji. He’s strong.”

Kikwang saw Minho and Minji. Kibum noticed this and just said, “Don’t worry. He’s just reassuring Minji.”

“Just want to ask, I could understand you being close with Minji since you are close with Chaerin, why is Minho close with Minji to the point he’s reassuring her about Taemin?” Kikwang asked Kibum.

Jonghyun put an arm around Kibum and said at Kikwang, “Because Minji is our new sister-in-law, meaning she’s Taemin’s girlfriend.” Kibum looked at him sternly and Jonghyun shut up.

Kikwang was dumbfounded by the sudden revelation. He clenched his fist.

The doctor arrived. All of them gathered.

“How’s Taemin? Is he alright?” Sooyoung asked.

“Fortunately, he’s okay. He didn’t break any bones but he’ll just have body pains however we need to observe him since he might have a concussion. Apparently, a box hit his head.”

“Can we see him?” JinKi asked.

“Yes, he’s in room 521 but one person at a time only so if you’ll excuse me.” The doctor said and then he left.

All of them went to the fifth floor. JinKi went inside Taemin’s room. 

Kikwang held Minji’s hand and said, “Can I talk to you?”

“Oppa, can this wait? I need to see if he is alright.” Minji said but Kikwang already dragged Minji away from the door and went to a secluded hall.

♠♠♠




When the nurses weren’t looking, SHINee and Sooyoung slipped in Taemin’s room. Taemin was awake and smiled at them. “Were you all worried? I’m sorry.”

“Don’t do that.” JinKi scolded.

“I’m grateful that you saved Minji from the falling boxes but I hate you for doing that at the expense of yourself.” Sooyoung reprimanded.

“Noona, you said if I hurt Minji you’d never forgive me.” Taemin teased.

“You know that’s not what I meant.” Sooyoung answered back.

“I told you, it’s not going to happen.” Taemin said his smile faded.

“So, you really do like her now, huh? Will she be the one that can tame you Taemin?” Jonghyun said.

Sooyoung looked at Jonghyun and Jonghyun put his hand on his mouth.

“Noona, it’s nothing.” Kibum brushed it off giving Jonghyun a glare saying, ‘Shut up or else.

Minho just looked at Taemin and said one thing, “Don’t let Minji worry about you, it’s kind of heartbreaking to see. Hyungs, noona, the nurse is coming let’s go.” They all went out leaving Kibum alone with Taemin.

“Hyung, what did Minho hyung mean?” Taemin asked.

“Minji was shaking like mad. She’s really worried about you. You are so reckless.” Kibum said.

‘She’s worried?’ Taemin thought.

“Where is she?”

“Kikwang is with her outside. They seemed to be talking about something.”

In other words, Kikwang hyung is now pissed at me for making his princess worry about me instead of him. Jealous much.’ He chuckled at his thought.

♠♠♠




“Oppa!” Minji said.

“Tell me why SHINee’s Jonghyun said that you are his future sister-in-law?”

‘Oh! Crap. Jjong oppa you blabbermouth!’

“Oppa, its nothing. He’s just joking around.”

“You told me not to worry but now I can see you lying in front of me. I told you to stay away from him because you don’t know how he treats girls. Now, I learn from Jonghyun that you are his girlfriend. You are in serious trouble, Minji. Break it off with him, right now or I’ll tell your unnies about this.”

I wouldn’t be in this predicament if it’s not because of you.

“Listen. I am not his girlfriend yet.”

“What the heck are you talking about?”

“I’ll be his if I fell for him and he falls for me.” Minji said.

“What does this mean?”

“We are playing a game, oppa.”

“You are playing a dangerous game, Minji. Better back off.” Kikwang said in his serious voice and he never uses this whenever he’s with Minji.

“No. You know me better than I am. I finish what I started.” Minji said and she walked back to Sooyoung.

That girl she doesn’t know what she’s about to enter. Taemin is a twisted guy ever since he broke up with Sulli. Suzy was the same as she was but Suzy knew she’ll be hurt by him so she backed off and went out with Junho. Minji is smitten by that spawn’s trick. I need to break them off.’ Kikwang thought as he looked at Minji.

♠♠♠




Minji entered Taemin’s room. Taemin was pretending to sleep. 

“I know you are not sleeping but if you want to stay like that, fine by me.” Minji said as she sat down at the chair near him. Taemin smiled.

“Thank you for saving me. I didn’t know you would do that. I can’t help but think you did that so that you can strengthen your hold over me.”

“No, it was just a reflex. Don’t worry about it. By the way, I’m sorry for making you worry.” Taemin said as he sat down on the bed. Minji looked at him as if he was saying a strange language.

“What? You find me handsome now?” Taemin teased.

“No. I thought you became nice after being whacked on the head by the boxes but you are still a jerk.” Minji said.

“Whatever. Go buy banana milk within 10 minutes. You know what happens if you don’t right?”

“Anything else?” Minji asked.

“Just that one.” Taemin said.

Minji went out to buy his banana milk. After making sure Minji left, Kikwang entered Taemin’s room.

♠♠♠




Minji ran to the convenience store which is 20 minutes away. She bought a pack of banana milk and the cashier was about to ask for an autograph. 

“Write your name and address, I’ll just send you an album,’kay? I’m in a hurry or I’ll be dead.” The cashier wrote fast, gave the paper to Minji and Minji ran. 

It seems like this is normal to me now.’ As she was nearing Taemin’s room, she bumped into someone and the person’s things scattered. Being the good girl Minji is, she helped the girl even though she knows she’ll be in hell with Taemin.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t see you.” Minji said.

“No, it’s okay. I shouldn’t be here anyways.” 

Minji was puzzled but she continued on picking up the girl’s things.

“Thank you.” The girl said.

“No problem.” Minji smiled.

“Minji?” The girl said.

“Yeah. Hey! You are..” Minji said.

♠♠♠


“Taemin, you okay?” Kikwang asked.

“I’m okay hyung.” Taemin said.

“Can you stop hanging with Minji? Stop that game you are playing with her.”

“Game? What game? We are not playing a game.” Taemin said with a confused look on his face.

“Don’t deny it, Taemin. She said it herself. If she falls for you, she’ll become your girl friend.”

‘Oh, that. Minji’s good at keeping secret of our master-slave contract.’

“She won’t even if she falls for me. She’ll become my girlfriend if I fall for her and she with me. That’s our deal.”

“You know that she is pure when it comes to relationships. You have to stop playing her.”

“Hyung, why don’t you just say to me, back off because she’s mine?” Taemin said as he peeled a banana he got from the bedside table.

“What do you mean?”

“What I mean is, you like Minji and now you are jealous because for the first time in her life she’s close with another guy besides you outside of her company.” 

“I like Minji? You are wrong on that. I like Sooyoung.”

“Okay, so you like Sooyoung noona but you love Minji. I get it.” Taemin said as he munched on the banana. ‘It’s been about 10 minutes, she isn’t here yet. She is really testing me huh?’

“I told you I don’t like Minji that way. She’s like my younger sister.” Kikwang said in a strained voice.

“Hyung, when are you gonna stop lying to yourself?”

“I am not lying to myself. I know who I like and Minji is like a sister and that would be !” Kikwang said.

“So, if I go ahead and make her mine, you wouldn’t be jealous as a man? Hm.. Okay.” Taemin said casually at Kikwang. Kikwang suddenly shut up for a moment. ‘Look at you hyung, you need a rival to realize you have fallen for her. Funny.’ 

“Lee Taemin, as her oppa, stop playing her. She isn’t like the other girls you play with!” Kikwang said in anger.

“All girls are the same, hyung. They’ll hurt you in the end.” Taemmin said bitterly.

“I’m warning you, if you hurt her, you’ll seriously end up back here again.”

“Then, make her yours. I won’t touch her if she’s yours.”

The door opened and Taemin said, “About time, you are 10 minutes late. Thank your oppa for entertain—“

“I’m sorry. I bumped onto her. She said she was visiting you.” Minji said. 

Taemin stopped talking and his eyes now have an angry look. 

“What the hell is she doing here? Get her out of my sight!” Taemin asked in an angry voice.

He hates her that much? Why? What happened between the two of them?