Chapter 16: Be Mine? Confused? Team Taemin?

DJ got us falling in love

 

Chapter 16: Be Mine? Confused? Team Taemin?


“Gong Minji, be mine. Be my girlfriend.” He said, his voice was gentle and his eyes were serious. Minji just looked at him as if analyzing his eyes, voice, facial expression well, very much him if he’s playing around but she didn’t see any hint of childish play. Her master is seriously asking her. She felt her heart beating fast then she laughed a very nervous laugh. 

Way to escape the situation, Minji. Laughing. Wait. Why am I laughing?’ She thought then she felt something is tickling her feet. Yes, not a foot but her feet.

“It tickles!! Stop!! Seriously!!” She said, tears forming in her eyes and left Taemin confused. 

I’m not tickling her. What the?! Is she throwing me off?!?’ he thought but he released her and checked what it is that is tickling her. He saw three dogs Minji’s feet. 

“Roo! Adam! Eve! Stop!” Taemin said and the dogs stopped and started with his.

“I told you to keep the door open so I could save Minji from you doing bad things to her. You are saved, princess.” Jonghyun said while leaning on Taemin’s door as he winked at Minji.

“Hyung!” Taemin said as he still evading attacks from the three dogs.

“Whoa! You have three dogs?!?” Minji exclaimed. 

“Taemin owns Adam and Eve while Roo is mine. You want to play with them, Minji? Come here in the living room.” Jonghyun said as he pointed who is who. Minji obliged and went out of the room, the three dogs followed her. 

“You are so cute, Eve, and Roo too. Come here!” Minji’s voice echoed over. Jonghyun closed Taemin’s door.

“Seriously, hyung, you totally ruined the moment!” Taemin said in frustration.

“I told you keep the door open. You are still a guy with definite needs, Taemin and being with a girl who is attractive as Minji will make you do things.” 

“You are giving me a rundown in Ed? I’m not doing anything to her.” Taemin said.

“Says the guy who pinned Minji on his bed? You seriously are—“

“I was asking her to be my girlfriend, damn it! She was about to answer when you interrupted with the dogs.”

“Oh.” Jonghyun said. It took about a minute for Taemin’s outburst to sink in on Jonghyun. “You asked her to be your WHAT?!”



♠♠♠


Minjae went back to the practice room. He was thinking on what Sooyoung meant about Sohyun. So, he tried calling Minji to ask if something happened between her and Sohyun however he couldn’t reach the maknae.

Bom passed by. “Pretty 8D, Bommie noona, I have a question.” 

“Say it again.” Bom said.

“What?”

“I’ll leave.” Bom said.

“Pretty 8D, Bommie noona.” Minjae said.

“What is it, cute Minjae?” Bom asked full of aegyo.

“Did Minji and Sohyun fight?”

“No. Minji didn’t say anything. Why?”

“Just investigating. Did Minji mention Taemin sunbaenim to you?”

“Why are you investigating?” Bom’s eyes turned into slits. ‘Uh oh. Abort, Minjae. Bomtaro is now commencing her first step.

“Minjae, I asked a question and you better answer.” Bom said as she stepped forward to him while Minjae stepped backward.

“Noona, it’s nothing. Really, I’m telling the truth.” Minjae said then he ran for his life.

“You are so getting it from me!! Come back right this instant!!” Bom shouted as she chased Minjae.



♠♠♠


“So you are Eve. I’m Minji. Let’s be friends! Whoa, you are so cute while the person who owns you is evil.” Minji said as she cuddled Eve while Roo keeps on getting Minji’s attention too. 

“Of course, you too Roo, and Adam too!” Minji said as she played with the three dogs.

Gong Minji, be mine. Be my girlfriend.’ Taemin’s voice echoed over.

“He’s seriously asking me that? Why?” She asked Eve. The dog just looked at her.

“I’m sorry, Eve. I’m just confused.” She said as she continued to play with them.

Her phone rang and she answered absentmindedly, “Hello, Gong Minji speaking.”

“Minji-ah, it’s me, Kikwang oppa.”



♠♠♠


“Really!? As in for real? You are finally going to go steady with her?!? That’s good!” Jonghyun said ecstatically as he hugged his maknae.

“Yah! Hyung! I still don’t know, okay. I just asked her if it works out then it’s good but I haven’t heard her answer yet all because of you, hyung!” Taemin said as he now put Jonghyun’s head on headlock.

“Quit it! I didn’t know you were confessing to her with you pinning her down. Anyone would see you are ahm ehem, about to do something to her.” Jonghyun said as he took off Taemin’s arms off him. 

“She won’t take me seriously unless I do that to her. Something the two of us just know.” Taemin explained. 

“Tell me Taemin, you serious about her? You wouldn’t hurt her? Are you? You are not going to play her, are you?”

“No. I don’t know that’s why I’m going to find out.” Taemin said.

“Can’t you just say that you have fallen for her?” Jonghyun said as he ruffled his hair in annoyance.

“No.” Taemin said. The door opened and Minji peeked in.

“Jonghyun oppa, Taemin, I’m leaving. I have to save Minjae from Bommie unnie. See you guys again later.” Minji lied. ‘I know it’s bad to escape your question, Taemin but I have to settle something with Kikwang oppa or he might be killed by Big Bang oppas.’ She was looking down and was about to leave at the front door.

“Yah. I’m still your master. Why are you leaving without my permission?” Taemin said as he held her arm. ‘You were just here half a day. I haven’t seen you in a while and now you are leaving? No.

“I’ve done my duties for today, so I can leave now. Do you have any orders? I really need to help Minjae.” Minji reasoned out. Taemin’s grip then slackened. “Fine, go.”

Minji left. ‘Is he really serious? Minji-ah, he might be playing again, don’t believe anything as of now. Assess, analyze then conclude. Wait, why am I thinking like this? Am I contemplating on saying yes? Erase everything in your mind, Minkki! You have Kikwang oppa to settle!



♠♠♠


Minjae was now tied down on a chair in the middle of 2NE1’s practice room. Bom was circling him with corn on her right hand and a big water gun filled with water mixed with pepper, pepper paste and everything unimaginable ingredients.

“So, Minjae, why are you investigating Minji?”

“Noona, I told you it’s nothing. Honest!”

“No. You are lying. You know I hate liars right?” Bom said. Minjae was now beyond nervous, he’s afraid. Bom is different when she’s being lied to. SeungRi hyung was never sane after Bom heart to heart talk with him regarding lying. 

Minjae was caught off guard for a minute and Bom sprayed his eyes with the water gun.

“It freaking stings, noona!!! Stop it!”

“I’ll stop if you talk.”

“I told you, it’s nothing.” ‘Never betray Sooyoung noona. Oh Sooyoung noona, if I die here, remember I love you.

“Tut, tut, tut. You are forgetting something, Minjae. Who taught you the art of spying, stalking, ability to see who lies to you and most of all how to investigate?” Bom said as she munched on her buttered corn.

Oh, I’ll be damned. She’s my master. How could I forget? I am so dead. If Minji just open that door, I’ll be saved. If it’s Dara noona, I’ll probably rotting in hell and if it’s Chaerin noona, I’ll be dead in a minute she looks at me.

“You, noona.” Minjae said carefully.

“Good. You remember. So, you still won’t talk?” Bom said.

“Noona.”

“I guess you never learn huh? Should I call Sooyoung to ask her what the two of you are planning?” Bom said as she held Minjae’s phone in front of him.

“S-S-Sooyoung noona? I don’t even know her number.” Minjae stuttered however his answer caught him off guard again and he drank the nasty stuff from the water gun.

“Noona, what is this nasty stuff?” Minjae said as he spat back the evil liquid.

“Some formula I concocted. So, going to answer me or shall I—“

“Fine! Sooyoung noona and I are planning to have Minji be with Taemin. Taemin hyung seems have fallen for her and Minji isn’t aware of it. So, we just have to help them, you know just a push so that she would fall in love with him. I know Taemin isn’t the right choice for her since he’s a well known playboy but you know better noona, right? When you converted your first boyfriend from a playboy into a stick to one? He’ll be loyal no matter what. Guess what? Minji manage to keep Taemin hyung in line and Sooyoung noona is happy about it.”

“Stupid! Why didn’t you tell me earlier? I’m on your side. Tell Sooyoung, we’ll meet her.” Bom said as she was now untying Minjae’s rope. 

“Go, take a bath and use up all your mouthwash.” Bom said as she dashed away from the practice room.

“What the heck just happened?” Minjae asked himself.



♠♠♠


Minji was in a café, drinking latte while waiting for Kikwang when someone tapped her shoulder.

“Minji?”

“Sulli?” Minji asked. The two looked at each other and smiled. “Where are my manners? Sit down.” Minji said.

“I’m sorry, I’ve put you in a difficult position in the hospital before.” Sulli said.

“It’s okay. That guy can’t do anything to break me, I’m strong.” Minji joked and saw Sulli smile a sad smile.

“Minji, make him happy. He’s been through a lot because of me.” Minji nearly spat her latte and looked at Sulli.

“We are not together!” Minji said however her conscience betrayed her by, ‘Not together YET, you mean. He asked you a while back but you didn’t answer, dimwit.

Sulli then held her laugh. “Okay, you are not together.”

“Thank you for understanding.” Minji said as she regained her composure.

“Can I tell you why Taemin oppa became a playboy?” Sulli said. 

“Sure?” Minji said, confusion evident in her voice. Sulli smiled and she told the story she told Kikwang before. Minji was then shocked.

“You really love him, Sulli.” Minji said.

“He still holds a special place in my heart however I know he doesn’t love me anymore not after what I did to him.”

“It was all a big misunderstanding. You two could still patch up things and start over.”

“I tried to patch things up with him but somewhere in our hearts we both know it’s irreversible damage. Minji, you know what, he treats you differently from other girls. His eyes lack luster in them but when you came it became full of life.”

He treats me differently because I’m his personal slave.

“No, it’s not. Trust me.” Minji said.

“Minji.” Sulli held her hand, “Taemin oppa is still hurting when you met him but now he’s been kind of healed because of you. I know it might sound weird coming from me but I’ve got this feeling you—“

“Sulli, there you are.”

“Oppa.” Sulli said. Minji looked up and saw Changmin. She immediately stood up and bowed to him in which Changmin returned the favor.

“I guess, we will have to continue this talk later. Here’s my number. Give me a call.” Sulli said as she smiled and she went with Changmin.

“I never got to tell her that Taemin still loves her. He still gets nightmares about it.” Minji said. Her phone started ringing and answered. “Hello?”

“Stupid Minji, where are you?” 

“Minjae? I’m in a café. I’m meeting someone. 

“Who?”

“Kikwang oppa.”



♠♠♠


Taemin was in his room, replaying what transpired in his very room. 

I asked her to be mine. Did I really fall for her? How? After all those times I said no girl could ever make me happy again, ugh! What’s going on with me?’

He looked at his phone. ‘When did I set her picture as my wallpaper?’ He tried to change his wallpaper but he stared at it and smile creeping on his face. 

“I miss her already.” He then shook his head in denial. 

“No. If she agrees to be mine, and after a week or so, she’ll be like the other girls. Girls are all the same. Right! I’ll just tell her I was just teasing her. Yeah, it’s better this way.” He was satisfied with his conclusion when something bothered him.

Are you afraid that after a week or so of her being your girlfriend, you’ll lose her the same way as the others you played with?

“No. Fine! Challenge accepted. I want her to be mine.” He said full of determination. He was startled when his phone rang.

“What the hell?!?” He said then answered the phone. “HYUNG!!! WHERE ARE YOU?? MINJI IS BEING STOLEN FROM YOU RIGHT THIS MOMENT!!”

“Who is this?” He said.

“Minjae!”

“What do you mean she’s being stolen? She’s not my girlfriend!! I told you she’s my slave!”

“She’s meeting Kikwang hyung!! Damn it, hyung! Get her!” Minjae said.

Only hearing the words, ‘Kikwang’, ‘meet’, ‘get’, “Where?” Taemin said, his voice grave.



♠♠♠


“Remember oppa, make her comfortable with you. Don’t be nervous. Just act like nothing happened. In this way, you’ll get her to fall for you since you’ve made her know that you are still a guy with feelings but you are still the guy she has known for three years.” Sohyun instructed.

“Okay, stop making me nervous. Why do you have a camera?” 

“Just for something. It’s for your own good and Minji’s too.” Sohyun said. They walked to the café when Sohyun saw Minji talking with Sulli.

She’s friends with Sulli? I didn’t know that. She’s been keeping secrets from me. Wait. This is an opportunity. Everything happens for a reason.’

She took pictures of Minji and Sulli. “What are you doing?” Kikwang said. 

“Trust me, okay?” Sohyun said. Changmin then appeared. ‘Even better.’ Sohyun continued to take pictures. When Changmin and Sulli left, the two waited about fifteen minutes before Sohyun let Kikwang meet Minji. 

“Go on, oppa. Fighting! I’ll be just here by the car.” Sohyun said. 

Kikwang went on to meet Minji. Sohyun continued to take pictures of Minji who is now with Kikwang.



♠♠♠


Taemin went out to meet Minjae. “Where are you, stupid Minjae?” He said to the phone.

“Yah, hyung, only Minji can call me that! It’s kind of our endearment to each other.”

“Say another word about you two being close and endearment, you’re dead. Where are—“ His eyes were blindfolded and he was gagged. He was then dragged to a car. He was being kidnapped. ‘What the hell is this? This perfume, I’ve smelled this before. There is only one girl who uses this, but the other it’s kind of foreign but somehow it’s faint familiar. It’s when Minji kissed me, I think. Where are they taking me?

After about one hour or so, his kidnappers released his gag and blindfold. He was furious to see Minjae smiling at him apologetically.

“Yah!!!” Taemin screamed. 

“Taeminnie, it’s bad to shout at people you barely know.” 

“Sooyoung noona, I thought it was you. Your perfume is so distinct that it’s almost your ID to me.” Taemin said chicly.

“Annyeong! It’s the first time we are meeting like this, I’m Park Bom.” Bom said from the front seat. 

Not forgetting his manners when he sees pretty ladies, he bowed and, “Nice meeting you, noona or shall I call you Bom-ssi?” His player skills geared on.

“Aw, you are too cute. Just call me Bommie noona.” Bom smiled at him while Minjae said, “Hyung, she knows your tricks on picking up noonas so just don’t.” Taemin just smiled while in the back of his mind, ‘The hell? Cute? I thought I was way past that now.

“Noona, Kikwang hyung is now talking to her.” Minjae said. All of them looked at the café. Taemin saw Minji looking uncomfortable yet she flashed her sweet smile. ‘Save Minjae, huh? You are going to get it from me.

“Taemin, a way to a girl’s heart isn’t pinning her on the wall, seducing her to bed and making out like crazy then dumping her in the end. Stop those gears in your brain that is going through that right now. She’ll go to Kikwang if you do that to her, also stop kissing her every time you can’t resist.” Sooyoung said.

“You kiss Minji when you can’t resist? Wow, that’s why maknae is glowing. Oh, by the way, I know your contract with her. Master and slave huh? You just chose the last girl you’ll be with in your life, young man.” Bom said as she continued to spy on Minji.

Taemin looked at Minjae and, “I know nothing about this. Really.”

“How do we go there and listen to them? She’ll immediately know it’s me even with disguise.” Sooyoung said.

“Same here, not to mention the cupcakes over that café is really delicious.” Bom said. Sooyoung and Taemin looked at her confused.

“Bommie noona loses herself when she sees cupcakes. Trust me, you won’t able to see her if you let her enter the café. Why don’t you just cross dress?” Minjae said nonchalantly.

Sooyoung and Bom looked at each other and smiled. 

“Unnie.”

“Sooyoung.” Both then looked at Minjae and Taemin.

“Why are you two looking at us?” Taemin said.

“Taeminnie, you know you are pretty when you dressed like a girl, right?”

“Minjae, you still remember when you lost the game with Jiyong before? The one he almost fell in love with you after the consequence?”

Minjae and Taemin are moving backward now and both said, “No way in hell!!!” hey started to run away but they got caught before they could open the car’s door to escape.



♠♠♠


“Annyeong Minji!” Kikwang said as he sat down. Minji smiled.

“Annyeong oppa! So…How are you?” She said. ‘Oh freaking stupid holy nervousness! Awkward moments are the ones I hate the most!’

“I’m all good. Practicing like a pig in the practice room while playing with the guys if I can then taping the sitcom plus the MC-ing gig. Pretty much tiring but still good. You? I haven’t heard from you these past two weeks.” Kikwang said as if nothing happened between them.

“Oh. Me? Still the same, practice and Minjae still fooling around me so I have to beat him up. Taemin still—“ ‘Crap! I said Taemin’s name.’ The café door opened and two tall pretty girls entered. They passed Minji and Kikwang and sat at the nearby table.

“So, you are still talking to him and kissing him? Are you two really together?” Kikwang said in a business-like voice.

“Oppa, you know what predicament I’m in. So, kind of yeah and kind of no.” Minji said.

“Make it clear for me. Minkki.” Kikwang asked. 

“There are times when he’s really gentle and kind then there are times when I just want to punch him on the face and say, get over it or do it yourself. He’s pulling me back and forth together. He says he doesn’t want other guys around me and stuff and I’m his. Ugh! So, why can’t he just not meet other girls and be mine, so we are even.” Minji said in an outburst and Kikwang tightened his fist. ‘Oh, crap! I’m too comfortable talking to him and he’s hurting. Damn it, Minji!

One of the girls were giggling and the other was smiling. Minji was kind of annoyed with it.

“So, you like him?” Kikwang said acting like he is still her bestfriend. 

“I still don’t know. I—“

“Then, go out with me.” Kikwang said. Minji looked at him.

“Oppa. I don’t see you in that way.”

“I’m not asking you to love me right away. I’m just asking you to try.” Kikwang said. 

“You know, you are making me more confused.” Minji said. The girl on the other table just slammed her fist on the table. Minji and Kikwang looked at her. The other just bowed an apology and quickly scolded the other.

“That’s why you can clear your confusion first if you go out with me. I mean, I know I got you confused because I blurted out a sudden confession. Just try it with me and if doesn’t work out, we’ll just keep on being best friends.” Kikwang said.

“Oppa, friendship and love are two different things. Our friendship will be obliterated if we go over the line and that is something I don’t want to happen. What if I hurt you or you hurt me? We would break up and our friendship will be lost forever.” Minji said. The girl at the other table nodded on her statement in which Minji found it odd. ‘Are they listening to our conversation?’

“Minji, I’m just asking you to try. There is no harm in trying. One month. Date me for one month. If it doesn’t work out, cool, but if it works, then all the better.” Kikwang smiled.

Both just looked at each other. “O—“ Minji was about to say but the girl on the other table just grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the café.

“Yah! Who are you? Where are you taking her?” Kikwang shouted as he started to follow them but the other girl stopped him.

“Who are you?” Kikwang said as he tried to get out of the girl’s grip but he can’t.

“You’re worst nightmare.” A guy’s voice came from the girl.

“Annyeong, Kikwang!” Sooyoung said as she approached them. 



♠♠♠


“Who are you? Where are you taking me? Why are you eavesdropping on our conversation?” Minji shouted at the girl.

They kept walking and walking until they reached an alley. The girl just pushed her on the wall and the girl paced left and right.

“Yah!!! What the hell is your problem to drag me out here!! Who are you to do that?!” Minji said. The girl then shook her head then out of frustration threw off the wig on the floor. Then, he went closer to her and looked at her with angry eyes.

YOU. ARE. MY. PROBLEM.” He said.

“Taemin?” Minji said.

“You lied to me.” He said his voice low and Minji knows he’s really angry. 

“How did you know? You followed me?”

“You freaking lied to me!!” Taemin said as his fist collided to the wall near Minji.

“So what? You, jealous or something? Don’t tell me you really have fallen for me? All I could say you are teasing me again. This is a breach of contract, you are invading my privacy.”

“Yes, I’m jealous! I told you I don’t want other guys hanging around with you and hell yeah, I’ve fallen for you! You satisfied now?” Taemin said out of anger and jealousy.

Minji was shocked for a moment but she recovered. She hugged him and said to his ear softly, “Then, yes.” 

“What?” Taemin said. ‘Is she hugging me to stop me from getting angry at her? It’s not working, though her scent soothes me. Stop it! Get back to reality Taemin!

“My answer to what you asked before.” Minji said. 

“Huh? Stop playing games with me, damn it.” He was confused.

“Let’s see how this works out master. You, being my boyfriend and me being your girlfriend.” She said then she kissed his neck softy. 

“That’s for kissing my neck a while ago, master.” She said jokingly. Taemin just looked at her with surprise.

I’ve created someone within my level.