Chapter 11: Backfired Love Game?

DJ got us falling in love

 

Chapter 11: Backfired Love Game?




Taemin looked at him and laughed.

“Is that the best you can do? You are really failing, hyung. She won’t fall for me, she knows better than that. Both of us know that fact, that’s why it makes this game more exciting.” With a sinister smile, he left Kikwang to shoot his scene with Sooyoung.

Kikwang looked at Taemin’s retreating back. ‘I really want to smack you. How can I break the two of you apart?

♠♠♠




There weren’t a scene for Taemin and Minji together yet so they didn’t talk much to each other. It was about 12 midnight when they all have a break. Minji was talking to her sunbaenims and smiling at them. Taemin was just watching her.

How can she smile like that? Tsk. Has she forgotten she was supposed to obey my commands? She’s supposed to be mine the whole time so I can torture her.’ He texted her, ‘What are you doing?

Minji read his message, she replied, ‘Do you have any orders for me to do? If not, enjoy amusing yourself.’

She continued laughing at the jokes of her sunbaenims in acting. Kikwang joined in with the fun. 

‘Do you want to die?’ Taemin texted.

‘Did I do something wrong, master? All you said in the contract is follow your orders and it didn’t state that I should be with you all the time. So, unless you have an order for me to do, don’t bother me. I’m acting as a slave you wanted me to be.’

Taemin gave her a murderous glare. She responded to him with an ‘I don’t care’ look.

You really are testing my patience, Gong Minji.’

Minji read her next message. ‘Amuse me. Right now.

She looked at him so fast that Kikwang noticed it.

Taemin just smiled. ‘You’ve requested not to ruin this for your oppa but you are pushing it with me tonight.’

You want amusement? Fine, I’ll give it to you.’ Minji thought.

“Oppa.” Minji said.

“Huh? What is it?”

“Don’t be surprised of what I’m about to do. I’m sorry but this will be your apology for shouting at me this afternoon and I have some twisted person to amuse.” Minji said as she leaned in to Kikwang. Their sunbaenims resumed filming.

Kikwang was confused at what Minji said. Minji then grabbed the back of his neck to close the gap within their faces and kissed him. Taemin saw this and he stood up immediately and went to the dressing room. 

“Minji!!” Kikwang said.

“Don’t worry. I made sure Sooyoung unnie didn’t see it. Just teasing you!” Minji said.

“That was your first kiss?!?” Kikwang said in shock. “Nope. It was stolen from me by someone.” Minji said and she went away.

‘Her first kiss was stolen? Twisted person to amuse?’ Kikwang thought to himself.

♠♠♠




"Prince Taemin, who owns everything a man needs."

What I’ve said is true. 

Taemin has it all. The pretty baby face, being the guy maknae in our company, noona killer in his own right, dancing machine, a voice that could make any girl skip a beat, making a guy doubt his gender, popularity at its best and a pretty girlfriend who loves him very much. Yes, he gained it all through his hard work. I salute him on that. 

I’m TVXQ’s maknae Changmin. Yes, I envy SHINee’s Lee Taemin on one thing. His lovelife. I maybe more accomplished than him, career-wise but in the relationship department, he’s got the upper hand. You may wonder how, I, Changmin, one of the most wanted guys in South Korea, doesn’t have a girl friend when he can choose any girl he likes from the ones that line up for him? To tell you the truth, I don’t know either. I could easily choose any girl but finding love isn’t that easy. 

Even if Taemin is tired from all those practices and broadcasts like myself, at the end of the day, his tiredness will go away as soon as he sees his girlfriend, Sulli. 

I never thought of having a girlfriend within the company especially if it was hoobaes. It seems like . We grew up knowing each other as an oppa-dongsaeng relationship and taking it up a notch seems uncomfortable. I see Girl’s Generation, f(x) and CSJH as my noonas and dongsaengs. I’m too comfortable with them and I don’t see them as a woman. 

Whenever Sulli is with Taemin, I envy them. They don’t care as long they are in love. I tried finding the one that’s for me but in the end still no one. I find myself looking at Sulli more and more. When I see her with Taemin, my eyes neglects to see Taemin. Before I knew it, I fell for my dongsaeng’s girlfriend. I’m crazy, I know. So, I tried to stop my feelings but you know when you try to stop it, it only grows stronger. The last straw was when I found her drinking by herself. Seeing her pathetic because of Taemin made my heart break into pieces. I made up an excuse that I fought with my girlfriend and joined her. The next thing, you all know what happened right?

I made them broke up by lying. I never slept with her. I wouldn’t do that to her. I’m the bad guy. So, for now, I’m keeping silent for Sulli’s sake and Taemin is hurting because of me. Now, he is not the prince who owns everything a man needs because I took his love away.

Maybe I did something wrong but Taemin will find someone he’ll love more than Sulli.

♠♠♠




She really wants to die.’ Taemin thought as he saw her kissing Kikwang. He left the scene and went to the dressing room. He texted her, ‘Come to the dressing room.’ He went outside of the room to see if she’s coming.

I can’t. The director is talking to me.’ Her message read but he saw her smiling while walking to the dressing room. He yanked her and pinned her on the wall. Minji’s smile was erased but replaced by a cold look. Taemin took notice by her sudden change of expression but played it cool.

“Did I amuse you?” Minji asked. “Yes. Very much. I wonder how would this affect your relationship with your ‘oppa’? Taemin said with his playful voice. Let’s see how long can you last with your cold city woman demeanor.’ 

“Do you really enjoy pinning me on the wall or on the bed? Any other orders?” Minji said as she tried to push him away but his grip on her was hard. Taemin buried his face onto her neck and made Minji gasp.

“Yes, I enjoy seeing you squirming to get out of my grip. I enjoy seeing you struggle with the tasks I give you. I find happiness in seeing you suffer.” He then kissed Minji’s neck and bit it. It left a mark. Taemin smirked at his work and Minji was oblivious.

Minji then stopped squirming and gave him a bored look. “Are you really that bored in your life to bother me just to have you amuse yourself? You are really pathetic.”

Taemin’s grip on Minji slackened and Minji pushed him away. “Master, do you have any orders before the break ends?”

Taemin smiled and just said, “Banana milk and a chicken sandwich within five minutes. If you are late, you won’t know what punishment I’ll give you.”

“Five minutes is kinda long, master.” Minji said then she entered the dressing room. After two minutes, she came out and shoved to Taemin’s chest a chicken sandwich and a pack of banana milk. 

“It’s my turn to film my scene, master. I’m going now.” Minji said and Taemin just smiled.

When Minji got to the set, she let out a sigh of relief. ‘Good thing, I’ve anticipated what he likes to munch on. I won for this day. I manage to amuse him without ruining the show and got what he likes. Minji, you’ve won over him today!

Kikwang ran to her. “Yah! Gong Minji! What the hell are you playing at?”

“What, oppa?” 

“Kiss.” Kikwang said as he lowered his voice.

“I have some twisted person to amuse.”

“Who is that—Why do you have a love bite on your neck?” Kikwang asked his voice rising again.

“What? Where?” Minji asked. Kikwang dragged her to a mirror at a set that wasn’t being used at the moment.

She saw what Taemin did. ‘Aargh! I thought I was winning. Damn it, Lee Taemin!

♠♠♠




Minji is now doing her scene with Kim Soo Hyun. Kikwang was practicing his lines by himself when Taemin asked him teasingly, “Hyung, how did you feel when Minji kissed you? Did your heart start beating fast?”

Kikwang looked at him sternly. “I told you. You love her. Why don’t you just admit it?”

“I’m not admitting anything to you.”

“So your heart started beating fast. Have you confirmed it to yourself or are you still the blockhead who is in denial that he fell for his best friend?”

“You little brat!”

“Correction. I’m a man now. So, hyung, now who do you choose my noona or Minji?”

“Your noona. Minji is my best friend just like you and Luna. You are really annoying me. So if you are still on my case with Minji, why don’t you ask yourself the same thing with Luna? You know what something’s bugging me about you, Taemin. Why are you always asking me to make Minji mine? Are you afraid that if you succeed to make her fall for you and she fails to make you fall for her, you have to hurt her? If you are that afraid, stop your game and have fun with other girls, not her.” Taemin was silent.

So now he gets it. I thought of this all night kid. If I like Minji more than a friend or not. When she kissed me, it felt like a younger sister showing affection to her oppa. Maybe, I am over protective of her but I call it sister complex. Who would want their sister end up with a twisted playboy like you?’

“I wonder who stole her first kiss. I’m going to beat him black and blue. Also the guy who gave her that love bite on her neck. He’ll be getting it from me.” Kikwang said out loud.

Taemin looked at him and he chuckled. “I stole her first kiss and hyung, I don’t believe anything you’ve said because actions speaks louder than words.” Taemin said and went to shoot his scene. Kikwang was lost for words but he didn’t know that what he said to Taemin is the truth the maknae didn’t want to admit to himself.

♠♠♠




Taemin and Minji didn’t see each other after that for days. Taemin has a schedule when Minji has to shoot the scene for the sitcom and vice versa. 

Finally,when Taemin texts about his demands, it’ll be delivered right to his dorm with Minji’s note. When he said he needs a massage, a personal masseur will come to their dorm. Same when cooking and cleaning a cleaning lady will come. It annoyed Taemin. He texts Minji but all he gets are cold replies like “Yes, master.”, “In the contract, you didn’t specify that I should do that for you.”, “I’m sorry for not amusing you lately, you should just watch Star King to be amused I’m a regular there because of you.” He decided to not text her anymore. He’s bored. 

This is no fun, Minji. Maybe I should just stop teasing her for a while. She seemed angry about something that’s why she is being cold not that I don’t like her being cold, it makes her more cute but it gets me bored. I like her being feisty much better.

♠♠♠




Taemin didn’t text Minji any ridiculous demands. He was quiet.

‘He’s not texting me anything. I’m supposed to be happy but why am I nervous? It feels like the calm before the storm. Wait. Maybe I’m doing things right? I always make sure to deliver banana milk or have him go to a massage clinic via Kibum oppa or send him a personal masseur. Maybe, that’s why.

“Minji-ah!!! Let’s go to the club!!!” Bom said as she entered Minji’s room. Minji ran to Bom, covered , looked around and shut the door.

“Unnie!! If Dara and Chaerin unnie hears you, I’ll be dead.” Minji said in a hushed voice.

“Oh, don’t worry. They are out. Come on! Let’s go! Change your outfit!” Bom said.

“Unnie! I’m already in trouble because of that.”

“You are with me. If they mess with you they are messing with me. Come on!”

Bom dressed Minji and put make-up on her and dragged her to the club. Only one wink from Bom and they have entered the club without being asked for their ID’s.

Minji and Bom immediately went to the dance floor. Minji started dancing her thing and Bom being surrounded by guys.

Bom unnie is jjang!! I feel all my stress went away. Yeah!! No Lee Taemin to bother me.

♠♠♠




“Taemin, where are you going these past few days?” Jonghyun asked.

“Nowhere.” Taemin said as he put on his coat.

“Define nowhere.” Kibum said as he blocked the door.

Taemin just looked at an annoyed Kibum.

“Are you going on dates with Minj is that it?” Minho asked trying to save Taemin.

Taemin was able to get past Kibum and said, “No, I’m going out with Sohyun. 4minute's maknae.” He then left them with shocked faces.

“What did he say?” Jonghyun sputtered.

“Who is he going out with?” Kibum stuttered.

“He’s going out with 4minute’s maknae, Sohyun and we are freaking screwed.” JinKi said.

What is he doing now?’ Minho thought.

♠♠♠


“Minkki!!” Bom shouted merrily as she handed the maknae a drink.

“Unnie, you know I don’t drink.” Minji said.

“It’s just a tequila shot. Don’t worry, just to loosen you up. You’ve been feeling stressed for a while now.” Bom said as she forced Minji to gulp down the shot.

‘Eew, nasty. Seriously, they drink this?’ Minji thought. 

“Unnie, I think you’ve loosened way too much so stop drinking, okay?” Minji said but Bom made her drink another shot. 

“I won’t drink anymore maknae, you drink for me. Just about 2 more shots, please?” Bom said.

“Unnie, are you drunk?” Minji asked but Bom led her back to the dance floor and she started to dance. Minji just face palmed herself as she looked at her loosened unnie.

I think I’ve became the unnie and instead stress going away it gets piled up more.’ Minji said. She dragged Bom out of the dance floor. Bom started her aegyo moves on Minji and the maknae was force to comply to drink three more shots before they could go. 

“I’ve drank it all, unnie.” Minji said and got Bom’s phone and dialed TOP’s number.

“Hello?” TOP answered.

“Unnie, you have to repeat everything I will say, or I will not drink the last one.” Minji whispered to Bom and Bom nodded.

“Seunghyun! Pick me up. I’m drunk! Hurry! I’m at Club P in HongDae. If you don’t, it’ll be bad for the company.” Bom repeated what Minji said.

“Aish! Noona, you really are a troublemaker! I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” TOP answered and hung up.

“Unnie, stay put. I’m just going to the restroom.” Minji said and Bom nodded like a child listening to her mother. Minji went to a bouncer at the club and whispered some instructions if TOP comes. The bouncer nodded. She went to the restroom.

Now, I’m feeling the effects of tequila. I’m feeling dizzy.’ She went to a stall and she heard a familiar voice.

“Wow. I mean wow. You’ve tamed the wild beast? He is settling down with you as his girlfriend?” the girl asked.

“Yes. I’m so happy. He was really kind and sweet. They say he’s bad to girls but he’s not.”

“So, have you two kissed?” the curious girl asked.

“Of course! His lips are really soft and he’s really gentle.” 

“You really are lucky, Sohyun! You’ve got Lee Taemin.”

“Maybe we could take it to the next level? He’s been hinting about that but I’m scared. It’s my first.”

“Yah! You are the maknae of 4minute! You can do this!” the other girl said.

“Yeah, you are right. Let’s go back. He’s waiting.” Sohyun said and went out. 

Minji opened the door and said, “Sohyun? 4minute’s Sohyun? One of my friends? Lee Taemin? Oh no. Lee Taemin! You didn’t just. I’m going to kill you if you hurt her.” She left the restroom and followed Sohyun.

When Minji saw Sohyun and Taemin at a VIP room, she went back to Bom’s side and make sure TOP picks her up. TOP appeared and Minji hid. He carried Bom out of the club. 

‘One problem solved another one needs to be. Shoot, I’m really feeling dizzy.’

She went up and made a close surveillance of the VIP room. She saw Sohyun sitting on top of Taemin’s lap while Taemin gives Sohyun a fake smile that can fool anyone except Minji.

“Oppa, I’m really thankful that you chose me as your girlfriend.”

“Oh. Aigoo, you cute little thing.” Taemin pinched Sohyun’s cheeks. Sohyun hugged him and Minji saw a scowl forming on Taemin’s face.

‘If you hurt her Lee Taemin, I swear, I’ll kill you thousand times and back.’

“Shall we go?” Taemin asked.

“Oppa, I’m scared but it’s okay if it is you.”

“I’ll be gentle. How can I hurt you?” They stand up and was about to exit the room.

‘No. This is not going to happen in my watch.’ Minji thought to herself and entered the room.

“Yah!! Lee Taemin! What about our deal?” Minji shouted. Taemin and Sohyun were bewildered by her sudden appearance.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“Minji, you are not supposed to be here.” Sohyun said.

“And so are you, Sohyun. You are playing me with her? How could you? She’s my friend.”

“Playing? Minji, I don’t understand.” Sohyun said.

“I’m his girlfriend and he’s two-timing me with you.” Minji said with her full acting skills, ‘I never thought I would say this. It gives me goosebumps all over. Minji this is all for Sohyun. Fighting!’

“Don’t mind her, Sohyun. She’s bluffing.”

“Oppa. Minji.”

“If I’m really her boyfriend, she would kiss me right now to prove I’m hers. So, she’s lying.” Taemin said as he smiled to Sohyun.

Minji dragged Sohyun away from Taemin and give him a look that says, ‘Stay away from her.’ Taemin gave her a smile.

“Minji, don’t be like this. He’s my first boyfriend.”

“He’s your first that’s why I’m acting like this. He’s my first too. He stole my first kiss.”

“Sohyun, don’t listen to her. I told you right? Oppa loves you.”

“Minji, leave the two of us alone.” Sohyun said. Taemin was about to grab Sohyun.

‘I’m really dizzy. Shoot. No, focus Minji.’

Minji grabbed Taemin’s t-shirt and pull him close to her. Taemin and Sohyun looked at her. “What are you doing Minji?” Sohyun asked.

“Proving he’s mine.” Minji said and kissed Taemin.