Chapter 6: Kibum’s wrath, Minji’s blackmail, and a Sitcom disaster?

DJ got us falling in love

‘Why am I in this mess? Oh, right, it was all because of my stupid choice of dancing in the club underage thanks to Kikwang oppa’s advice plus the fake ID which is now in this Devil’s hand’s hostage to blackmail me into making me into his slave. Now, Should I describe to all of you my situation? Here it goes; I’m now on the verge of insanity because this mess of mine is getting bigger.’

Minji and Taemin were on the floor kneeling facing a very angry Kibum. Minho, JinKi and Jonghyun were on the couch watching the scene unfold. Did they mention that Kibum is holding a spatula on his right hand?

"What should we do?" Minho asked.

"Let's plead guilty to SeungRi." JinKi said.

"Big Bang is going to kill us. Add 1TYM, Double dead." Jonghyun said. Kibum looked at them to silence them.

“So, Umma, can we get this over with? I’m hungry.” Taemin said and earned him a smack on the head by the spatula.

“Get this over with? You!! I’ve been mellow on you and just let Jonghyun nagged on you and this is how you turn out!!!! I never said anything to you when you have your escapades, missing out on some schedules because you were with some random girl or charming a hoobae because I thought it is just a way cut you some slack when you are hurting but this is just too much!!” Kibum yelled at Taemin. 

JinKi and Jonghyun are hugging at each other because Kibum is really angry and Minho is now covering his ears because Kibum’s voice is really loud and it’s making his ears hurt. Minji is now looking at Taemin with a shocked expression while the latter is busy nursing his head. ‘He did all that?!? Wow.’

“And you! Minji-ah, why the heck are you with our maknae? Aren’t you supposed on dating ban? You should be at your dorm resting.” Kibum nagged.

“She’s my girlfriend. I asked her to come and cook for me.” Taemin said and Kibum finally lost it. He smacked Taemin with the spatula all over his body. JinKi, Jonghyun and Minho covered their eyes but peeking through it while Minji flinched every time Kibum hit Taemin but she was enjoying it. 

Wow. Go Kibum oppa! Beat him to death, he deserves it. Making me cook and clean against my will, go Kibum oppa! Fighting! Wait, what did the evil master said? Girlfriend? Me? No way in hell!

Minji suddenly stood up, Kibum stopped hitting Taemin, the other three guys looked at her and Taemin is now looking at her as if saying, ‘What the hell are you doing?!?

“Since when did I become your girlfriend?!?” Minji said in a sort of yell. Now, SHINee is confused. Taemin was now looking at her and his eyes are now angry saying a message, ‘You better shut up now or else.

“You are not his girlfriend? Then why are you sleeping beside him on his bed?” Minho asked. 

Onew and Jonghyun nodded like pre-school kids and Kibum was still confused.

“I..” Minji said stuttering. ‘If I tell them that I’m in a slave contract with him, they’ll ask why he is blackmailing me and I have to tell them I went to the club and Kibum oppa will tell it to Chaerin unnie. This is so mess up!’

Taemin pulled her down and whispered, “If you say another thing, you’ll be sorry.” With that Minji shut up and Taemin received another smack of Kibum’s spatula.

“What did you tell her? You better confess!!” Kibum said. 

“I just told her I’m sorry that I got her into this mess.” Taemin said so innocently and Minji gave him the evil eye. ‘He’s really good at lying.’

“Hyung, I’m sorry. It’s just that I’m so lonely and Jonghyun hyung said I shouldn’t play with girls’ hearts anymore.” Jonghyun pointed to himself and asked, “Me? What did I do?” Minho just whacked Jonghyun’s head and JinKi ended up snickering.

“So, I met Minji on a random chance, told her my troubles and she said that she could become my girlfriend for a hundred days and if she can’t make me fall in love with her, we’ll just go on our separate ways.” Taemin finished. Minji’s face was in disbelief and thought, 

Wow! He’s really good at twisting the truth. Just tell them I’m your slave and stop lying!’

“Really?!?” Taemin’s hyungs said all at the same time and looked at Minji. Taemin looked at Minji mouthing, “You better agree or the video will go straight to Chaerin noona.” Minji gave Taemin an annoyed look and finally said, “Yes, it is all true. Though both of us don’t really like each other, we just gave a chance to each other. I told him if I can’t make him fall in love with me, we will go our separate ways.”

“Minji, are you in love with Taemin to do this for him? Many girls tried but failed.” Jonghyun asked.

“Actually, to tell you the truth, Taemin oppa and I have a contract.” Minji smiled evilly at Taemin. ‘Two can play this game.

“Contract?!?” Kibum asked again in a furious manner and his blood pressure going up again.

Jonghyun and JinKi said, “Wow, this is interesting.” Minho hit them with the throw pillow. 

“Kibum oppa, I also told him if he can’t make me fall in love with him, while I made him fall for me, we still go our separate ways.” Minji said.

“Lee Taemin!!!!!” Kibum snapped again. Taemin looked at Minji and said in a low voice only Minji could hear, “I’ll get you for this, big time.” Minji smiled sickeningly sweet and said, “I’ll wait for it master.”

“I never raised you to toy with love!!! Contract!!! Seriously!!!” Kibum said as he whacked Taemin with a pillow. Good thing that Minho was able to get the spatula away from Kibum as Minji was explaining a while ago.

After 30 minutes of Kibum whacking Taemin from head to toe, he finally calmed down. All of them are back into their positions and Minho fanning Kibum. 

“Minji, do your unnies know you are in a relationship with our maknae?” JinKi asked.

“Uhm, no.” Minji said. ‘This is really bad. I’m digging my grave.’ Minji’s troubled look gave Taemin a smile. ‘You did this on your own. Haha.’

“How about we tell them so that they can cover up for us?” Taemin asked innocently looking at Minji then Kibum. 

“Yeah, Taemin’s right.” Minho agreed and JinKi and Jonghyun nodded.

“Kibum, you call Chaerin since the two of you are best friends.” Jonghyun said. 

Best friend? They didn’t know that Chaerin unnie and Kibum oppa are together?

Kibum got his phone and was about to push the call button when Minji went to his side and whispered, “Oppa, if you tell Chaerin unnie about this, I’ll be killed at our company. If you tell my unnies, I’ll tell them that you and Chaerin unnie are more than just best friends.”

Kibum looked at Minji and could only say “How did you know?”

“Just don’t please oppa. I don’t want this to happen.” Minji said. Kibum looked at her and he made a quick decision.

“No. We should just keep it to ourselves.” Kibum said and the decision was final.

Taemin was smirking. ‘Gong Minji, I didn’t know you had it in you. How could you blackmail hyung? Are you taking after me? Good slave.’

Kibum made dinner with Minji’s help and they all ate in silence though JinKi and Jonghyun were snickering at Taemin and Kibum from time to time. Kibum sent Minji home. “Thanks, oppa. I’m sorry to blackmail you.” 

“I didn’t know you have that side, Minji. Tell Chaerin, wait for my call, don’t worry, I won’t tell her.” Kibum then drove off.



♠♠♠




Man that was really tiring! I think I’ll take a bath and fall onto my bed and sleep.’ Minji thought as she pressed the buttons of the password to their dorm. But her plan to wash up and sleep is to be thwarted by someone.

As soon as Minji opened the door she saw Bom with her arms crossed, looked at the maknae sternly.

I cannot deal with Taemin’s evilness, SHINee’s outbursts and Bommie unnie’s questioning all in one day. Please let me rest.

“Maknae, where did you go all day?” Bom asked.

“Some place I didn’t know was hell.” Minji answered. ‘It was true.’

“I called all of your friends, they weren’t with you. So where is that hell you are talking about?” Bom asked again as she and Minji entered Minji’s room. 

“Somewhere in Seoul, unnie.” Minji said as she grabbed her towel and escaped to the bathroom.

She managed to escape?!? Aish! Fine! I’ll deal with you tomorrow. I better know who that evil master is.’ Bom stomped her feet and went to her room.

Minji opened the shower and let the hot water soothe her muscles. She usually thinks when she’s in the shower mostly about the day she had. Her thoughts went to the dream she had. 

‘That was the only thing that was good for this day apart seeing Taemin beaten by Kibum oppa. It seems real. There was a lingering feeling over my lips. Nah. It was just a dream.’

When she was finished showering and was now drying her hair. As she was drying her hair with a towel, she saw her right wrist has now a slight bruise.

Aish! Now, I have a bruise.’ She looked at her bruise for a moment and remembered why she got it. 

He was really happy in that picture. You’ll never know he’s an evil person now if you first saw that picture. Both him and Sulli look cute together but what happened between them. Aish! Yah! Gong Minji! Go to sleep!’

She lay on her bed and she drifted to dreamland.

♠♠♠




Taemin was lying on his bed. He chuckles when he remembers Minji’s faces with expressions of shock, annoyed, clueless, innocent and slight evil. He took his phone and looked at picture. It was Minji sleeping. He laughed. Well, it wasn’t very girly like face. Minji’s face looked funny with open. He looked at the other picture of Minji sleeping, this time if people see it especially a guy, it’ll make their heart stop. She looked like a goddess sleeping. Her hair just beautifully cascading on her face and her innocent face that nobody would like to taint.

Flashback:

Taemin came back from walking at the park. He was outraged for the fact that Minji saw that picture of him and Sulli so he decided to walk at the park to cool him down. It was lame for him to be angry at Minji because she accidentally saw that while cleaning. He should’ve thrown it away but he couldn’t. He took it away from her and he just put the picture on his locker at the dorm and locked it and went out. 

As he entered their dorm, it was awfully quiet. ‘She didn’t dare take off while I was gone. Gong Minji if you did, you are dead meat.’ Then he heard someone snore. He went to the living room and found Minji lying on the couch, sleeping. Her face was really funny and Taemin was fighting the urge to laugh out loud. He got his phone and took a picture. 

Hm. Maybe I’ll forgive you again. You have a knack of making it up to me by making me laugh.’ 

He went to the kitchen and made a late lunch. He ate by himself but he set aside some food for Minji in case she wakes up. He was about to go to his room when she heard him talk.

“Yah! Lee Taemin! Who do you think you are?!? Just because many girls most probably noonas fell for you at the sight of your fake smile does not make you a good guy! If only they know your dark side, I doubt they’ll like you.” Minji said. Taemin made a 180 degree turn to scold Minji but what he saw was a sleeping Minji. 

Taemin went to her side and poked Minji’s cheeks to see if she really was sleeping, “Yah, why are you mocking your master in your sleep? Are you really asleep?” She just turned her back and was still deep in sleep. She was sleep talking. 

Minji then said, “Behind your evil smile and cynical personality, what happened between you and Sulli that made you like this?” Taemin’s hand was about to poke her again but he put his hand down. He looked at her. 

She continued, “Were you really hurt that bad?” Taemin unconsciously nodded.

“You should forgive her. In that way, you could let go of her and stop hurting yourself and others. You can be happy just like before or even better.” 

Taemin gazed at her. She then turned her body facing him. She looked like a goddess. He got his phone and took her picture. He carried her to his bed to let her sleep comfortably. He lay next to her, took out his mp3 player and listened to the music as he read a comic book. However, he can’t concentrate at the comic book so he lay it down on the bedside table and he gazed at the sleeping Minji.

“You have no idea what you have just said to me. I don’t think I could forgive her. I couldn’t be happy and I’m damaged beyond repair. No one could fix me so even you want me happy and stop hurting myself and others in your subconscious I don’t think I could meet that.” He said softly the answer to what she said and he kissed her lightly. 

Minji hugged him like he was her pillow back at the dorm. Taemin’s heart dropped. He looked at her and she was soundly sleeping. Both maknaes lay like that and Taemin smiled. As he watched her sleep, he fell asleep too.


‘I’ve stolen two kisses from her. I should stop that or I might get addicted on stealing kisses.’ He thought with a smile and fell asleep.

♠♠♠




I never thought I say this but I really hate the word amuse. Why? Because of Lee Taemin. Let me tell you why.’

I was on recording for Star King. As a representative of 2NE1 and YG family I should be on my toes and behave. I would say something mysterious or somewhat for entertainment of my fans and viewers as what SeungRi oppa said. “Don’t fail me Minji.” That’s what he said. I’m a product of SeungRi academy. Well, I’m forced to since Dara unnie shoved me into SeungRi oppa’s care. 

Then, I saw him. The evil of my life. Lee Taemin. He plastered on a fake smile and naturally all people will dote on him. It was sickening. How can they dote on that two-faced evil person? 

My phone vibrated. It was him. All he said was, ‘Amuse me.’

I texted him back. ‘If I don’t?’ I looked at him, he read my message, he smirked, looked at me and all he did was waved his phone and I saw the video playing.

I really hate him and texted him, ‘How will I amuse you?

He smirked at me that was his answer. If I make him laugh, I’m off the hook for this day. 

On that day, I made a fool of myself, so instead a chic and mysterious Minzy, I became the Kkap, Ssanti Minzy that overthrown her SeungRi oppa in variety shows. I suddenly became the disciple of Jo Kwon sunbaenim on witty comments. The only upside, I became a regular on Star King. 

Whenever I have a schedule to guest on other shows, somehow he was a guest there too. He will never fail to text me, ‘Amuse me.’

Well, in some days, he just made go to his dorm and clean, like whatever he orders me to do. But some of his orders are impossible and I’m thinking how I managed to do it.

“Minji, buy me banana milk in the convenience store within five minutes if you are late by just one second, you’ll know what happens right?” He said. In five minutes, and the convenience store is 10 minutes away! I ran like hell was about to lose and came back to their dorm like a wounded puppy. 

Then he says, “I don’t want it anymore, you have it.”, and he scampered off to his room shouting, “Clean the kitchen, Kibum hyung would freak.” I looked at the kitchen and it was a BIG MESS screaming at me ‘CLEAN ME PLEASE!’ He then said, “Kibum hyung would be going home in about 3 minutes, they are now just parking at the parking lot.”

I really hate him!!’ I cleaned like I never cleaned before and I was finished in time. I opened the door for Kibum like I was his daughter-in-law. I get the chills whenever Kibum oppa saw me because in his mind I am Taemin’s girl friend. 

“Minji, come in my room.” He shouted. ‘What?’ I went to his room then we heard Kibum oppa, “Leave the door open!” ‘Even if it is closed oppa, I’ll doubt we’d do what you are thinking.’

“Massage me.” He said. Of course, I have to comply. As I was massaging his back, I’m thinking on how to murder him. I remembered the movie a Taiwanese movie, weapon. How the girls murdered the guys with the use of their hands while they massaged their victims. I want to do that to him right now. 

“Minji-ah, come on eat dinner. Taemin is asleep. He always falls asleep when someone is massaging his back. He had an injury in his lower back before so that relaxes him.” Kibum oppa said. I ate dinner and went back to the dorm. 

Again, I just showered and fell asleep. At 12 midnight, he called me. In his playful voice, “Slave, amuse me.” 

I would talk to him about nonsensical things. “I’m not amused. If you don’t amuse me, you’ll be in hell.”

“What do you want me to do to amuse you? It’s freaking what?! 1 AM already!”

“Tell me something that would shock me and make me want to fall asleep.”

“Shock you and make you fall asleep? You want me to use a defribillator on you?”

“Play nice slave or I would make your tomorrow awful.”

“Master, tomorrow is now.”

“I’m watching your video on my laptop and I’m connected to the internet. Kibum hyung is still on the computer chatting Chaerin noona.”

Aargh! When is this gonna end?!? What could shock him and make him fall asleep?’ 

“I’m waiting.”

Should I do what I would do to Jiyong oppa when he won’t leave me alone?’

“10, 9, 8 7---“

“Alright.”

“Amuse me.”

“Oppa, saranghae.”

Whoa. He’s silent.

“Did I amuse you? Can I go back to sleep? Don’t take it to heart, it’s just to amuse you.”

I could hear him breathing and I feel he’s smiling on the other end.

“Sleep, slave. See you tomorrow.” He hung up.

What did he mean see me tomorrow? I could hear Bommie unnie’s footsteps. I should go to sleep before the interrogation starts.

♠♠♠


At the Sitcom set, Day 15

“Oppa!!” Minji said.

“Oh, Minji you are already here!” Kikwang said.

“Yup.” Minji said. 

“Minji-ssi, the director wants to see you. You too, Kikwang.” Said one of the crew.

Both were puzzled but went to the director who was with the writer.

“Oh, good the two of you are here. The writer made a few changes to make the story interesting.” The director said.

“Okay, let’s hear it hyung.” Kikwang said. 

“Minji will be your best friend in the sitcom whom you have not seen ever since you were kids. You, introduced her to your soon-to-be girlfriend who is Sooyoung.” The director said.

“SNSD’s Sooyoung?!?” Kikwang said.

“Sooyoung unnie?” Minji said.

“Yes!! SNSD!!” Kikwang said and Minji just laughed.

“Yup.” The director said.

“However, Kikwang your character will be surprised by Minji’s news.” The director said.

“What news?” Minji asked.

“You will introduce your boyfriend to Kikwang.” The writer said.

“Who will be acting as Minji’s boyfriend?” Kikwang asked, suddenly annoyed.

Sleep slave. See you tomorrow.’ Taemin’s voice echoed in Minji’s head. 

It couldn’t be. No. It’s not him right.’ Minji thought.

“He’ll be here. Oh, there he is.” The writer said.

“Annyeong haseyo, Sorry for being late. The recording was a bit long.”

“Lee Taemin!!” Kikwang said.

“Yes, he’ll be acting as Minji’s boyfriend.” The writer said. Minji’s eyes became round as a coin and Kikwang was glaring at Taemin.

“Annyeong, hyung, Minji-ssi.” Taemin said but he was smirking at Minji not minding Kikwang’s glare.

This is not happening to me. World, why are you so cruel to me?