Chapter 7: Bom’s investigation, Kikwang’s jealousy and Minji’s confusion

DJ got us falling in love

 

Chapter 7: Bom’s investigation, Kikwang’s jealousy and Minji’s confusion




“Annyeong, hyung, Minji-ssi.” Taemin said but he was smirking at Minji not minding Kikwang’s glare.

“I just casted him yesterday, I thought I wouldn’t get him to act as Minji-ssi’s boyfriend but their manager said yes so that’s why he’s here.” The casting manager said.

Minji couldn’t control herself anymore, she held Taemin’s sleeve and dragged him away.

“Minji!!” Kikwang shouted but she didn’t look back. Sooyoung just entered the set and saw the two maknaes going out. She had a puzzled look on her face but she shrugged it off. “Annyeong haseyo everyone. Please take care of me.” She said. All of the crew and staff greeted her back. 

She nudged Kikwang and asked, “Why is Minji dragging Taemin outside? Are they close? Taemin didn’t mention it to me.”

“I didn’t know either. Minji never mentioned it to me.” Kikwang said as he formed a fist on his right hand.

“Wanna practice lines?” Sooyoung asked. 

“Sure.” Kikwang said as he plastered a fake smile. ‘Anything to take off my mind off that.

♠♠♠




Bom was in the living room. Her hair on a tight bun, wearing dorky glasses, a brown coat over a white dress, black boots, and a hat that resembles Sherlock Holmes. She has a mini notebook and a pen in hand. She busy scribbling the following:

Operation Find out who Minji’s Evil Master is.




Observations:

Day1: Minji dashed like she was on marathon and came home dead tired. All she said she came from hell.

Day 2: Minji went to the recording of Star King. Jjangmae said Minji was Jjang. He never thought Minji was like me. Minji barged into her room and began screaming words, “I’ll kill you when all of these are over. Mark my words evil master!” After that, she went to shower. When I entered her room, all things were scattered. Deviation from the usual Minji.

Day 3: Minji went to another recording. Same thing happened in day 2.

Day 4: Same with Day 2 and 3. Minji is stressed out. She shouted at Ssantokki. She immediately said sorry. Chaerin was worried.

Day 5: Minji’s rest day. At 5 AM she went out quietly. Followed her but lost her at the third intersection. Called all her friends, they weren’t with her.

Day 6: Nothing happened. Recording for the next album though Minji was talking on her phone and looking annoyed.

Day 7: Minji was texting someone. I leaned to see who it was. Evil Master. Read the message from the other person, ‘Amuse me.’(Amuse? Are they teasing each other?)

Day 8: Minji’s recording Star King. (She became a regular out of Kang Ho Dong’s request.) Watched an episode. Shocked at what Minji did.

Day 9: SeungRi came fuming at Minji but in the end praised her. Minji looked annoyed. Another call. I heard bits of the conversation before Dara pulled me out of earshot. She said, “Am I your personal clown? Why do I always have to embarrass myself to amuse you?”

Day 10: Minji disappeared again this morning. Followed her but lost her again. 

Day 11: She went to MBC for formally accepting the script for her cameo and contract. Nothing weird happened.

Day 12: Dance Practice. During breaks, she checks her phone and that annoyed look is all over her face again.

Day 13: Recording for Strong Heart. Both of us are guests. Before recording another text came on her phone. As I was close to her, I read it again. ‘Amuse me.-Evil master’ Then, I saw the other Minji. Jo Kwon seemed really impressed and dubbed her as his disciple.

Day 14: She disappeared again. Followed her until an apartment complex. She went inside. As I went back to our dorm, there were fan girls coming. “We could leave the chocolates on the front door right?” “Will Taemin and Key oppa eat it?” Insert fan girls’ giggles here. I asked them who they are talking about. They answered, “This where SHINee’s dorm located. Are you a fan too?” “No, good luck on giving chocolates.” I said and I called a taxi and went back to the dorm. 

Conclusion: All broadcasts seem to have one thing in common. “SHINee’s maknae, Lee Taemin.” Still to be confirmed.

♠♠♠




Taemin was smiling as he was being dragged outside by Minji. ‘This is fun. She’s really annoyed.’

Minji stopped walking and turned to face Taemin. Taemin has his arms crossed and has an amuse look on his face, on the other hand Minji was fuming but she was silent. 

“What? Have something to say to me?” Taemin asked.

“Did you plan this?” Minji asked.

“No, it was just an opportunity waiting to be grabbed.” 

“Why did you take it?”

“I didn’t. My manager did.”

“You could’ve just said you don’t want the part!!” Minji said raising her voice. Taemin was enjoying seeing Minji angry. Unknown to them, someone was watching them bicker. Tears fell from that person’s eyes.

“I don’t have the right to say no. I’m from SM Entertainment.” He said and went back to the set.

“Don’t ruin this because you want to torture me. Kikwang oppa recommended me, just don’t.” Minji said as she caught up with him.

The person who was watching then formed a fist with their hand. 'You are still mine. I can't give you to anyone.'

♠♠♠


While waiting for their turn, the four were practicing their lines. Sooyoung is with Minji while Kikwang is with Taemin.

“Minji-ah.” Sooyoung said.

“Hm? Yes, unnie?” 

“Are you and Taeminnie close?” 

“No. Not in a million years.”

“Then, why are you dragging him outside when I arrived?”

“Oh, that. He annoyed me and I gave him a piece of my mind, that’s all.”

“Minji. You know that is a bad thing to do.”

“Unnie. He’s really bad. I don’t know why all of you find him adorable and such. All I can see is a two-faced devil.”

“Taemin might be annoying as hell but he’s the kind of guy you can really depend on. He might be the playful jokester but he would stand by you when you need him to. He’s still on the process of acceptance and probably still hurt.”

“Unnie? Hurt?”

“I can’t say anything Minji. It’s an SM Town thing. We promised that we keep this as a secret.”

On the other side, Kikwang couldn’t control himself and marched to where Minji and Sooyoung is.

“Sooyoung, can I borrow Minji for a second?” Kikwang asked.

“Sure.” Sooyoung went to Taemin’s side.

“Care to tell me, why you just dragged Lee Taemin outside when I told you to stay away from him?” Kikwang said.

“I was annoyed. I just told him to stay away from me.” ‘Well half true. I told him to not to ask me to amuse him because it’ll be a disaster.’

“Bom noona told me you were disappearing on your rest days. Where are you going? Don’t tell me you are with your friends because I know when you lie.”

“It’s just something I need to do by myself. Don’t worry.” 

“You are keeping a secret from me.”

“Girls have a lots of secrets that they don’t want to share with guys, even if the guy is their best friend. Oppa, why don’t you use this opportunity to be close to Sooyoung unnie?” Minji teased.

“I’ll do that. Yah! You are changing the topic.”

“Don’t worry about me. Worry about yourself.” Minji finally said and the two laughed. 

“Seriously, Minji you should stay away from him. He’s ruthless to girls. I don’t want to see you hurt.” He said as he put his hand on her shoulder and Minji held his hand and said with a smile, “Oppa, I told you. I don’t like pretty boys. Besides, why would I fall for a playboy like him?”

“I can’t help but worry. I don’t really like you hanging out with him. Especially now that the two of you will act as a couple.”

“What is this? You are jealous? Could it be you have fallen for your cute dongsaeng? No, this is not happening.” Minji teased.

“Sooyoung is still the girl in my heart and you are my little sister and the girl best friend I have.” He hugged Minji and she hugged him back.

Minji was smiling and said, “I know. I’m just teasing.”

Taemin looked at them and somehow his eyes were angry. Sooyoung noticed this. 

“Taeminnie, you like Minji.”

“No, noona.”

“I didn’t ask if you like her, I said it as a statement.”

“I like her but not in the way you are thinking. I like teasing her. She makes me laugh.”

“That’s the same thing. When did you become stupid?”

“Noona.” Taemin said in a stern voice.

“Fine. You don’t like her. You like her just as you like Luna.”

“Yup.”

“Don’t hurt Minji, Taemin. If you do, I won’t forgive you.” Sooyoung said and went to shoot her scene with Kikwang.

Taemin looked at Sooyoung’s back. ‘She’s speaking nonsense again. I won’t fall in love again. It’ll end up hurting me. Oh. She’s free. Going to annoy her again. Playtime with the slave.

“Slave.” Taemin said as he went to Minji’s side.

“What?”

“You are really dense.”

“Why am I dense?”

“Can’t you see? Hyung likes you.” He pointed to Kikwang. Kikwang waved his hand to Minji and Minji waved back.

“What the hell are you talking about? He likes Sooyoung unnie.”

“No. He likes you. He was jealous when you dragged me outside.”

“No, he likes me like a sister. Seeing I dragged the playboy with me outside, triggers his over protectiveness over me.”

“Or jealousy.” Taemin said as he flipped his script again.

“Whatever. He doesn’t like me, period. Don’t torture me with the ‘amuse me’ phrase.” Minji said as she walked away from him. Taemin just smirked. ‘You are really dense.

Silly girl, how can you be close to him?’ 

As Minji was nearing the snack table, someone pushed a pile of boxes near where she is and is about to fall on her. 

“MINJI!!” Kikwang shouted that made her looked at him and the crew and staff looked at her. She saw the boxes were about to fall but she was rooted at the spot. ‘I can’t move.

The next thing she knew she was pushed out of the way.

Minji was still on the floor and was recovering from the push when she heard Sooyoung screamed, “TAEMIN!!!”

She then saw Taemin was sprawled on floor and the boxes have fallen all over him.

Why? Why did he save me?