Escaped and Caught

DJ got us falling in love

6 months ago:

“Minji-ah, please, act like a maknae. Minji-ah, I know you love dancing so much but don’t do ero-like dancing anymore, not until of you are of age. It hurts us to see you getting reprimanded by sajangnim.” Bom and Chaerin said.

“Unnies, I’m sorry. I didn’t know. My body seems to move on its own when I hear music. I’ll try not to dance like that anymore. I’ll just go the restroom.” Minji said. She went out of the dressing room before her tears could fall. Out of nowhere, a hand caught Minji’s arm and before she knew it, she was facing Kikwang in an empty dressing room.

“You got reprimanded again? I have a gift for you. It’ll make that sad face of yours a happy one.” Kikwang said.

“Oppa, this is not funny. Why do you always tease me when I’m getting reprimanded?”

“Yah, I said I have a gift and you said I’m teasing you? Here. This will make you smile in no time.” He hands her something.

“A fake ID? What would I do with this fake ID?” 

“There’s a club in HongDae. Dance there whenever you feel bad especially when you get reprimanded. It’s very relaxing there. No one would recognize you. But you have to call me when you do go there.”

“Why should I call you whenever I go there?” 

“So that when there is a sudden appearance of the police to catch minors in the club, I could easily help you escape.” 

“Oppa, you know that I could get in trouble if I do this right?”

“Since you are breaking the rules, that’s the thrill of it? Why don’t you try tonight? I’ll see you there at 9 PM.” He winked and went away.


‘Maybe I should try. In life, you have to take risks right?’ Minji smiled.

Present:

“Are you sure you can keep up with me?” the girl said and started the dance battle. 

She glided on the dance floor like it’s her turf and owning it with various popping and locking moves and a y body wave winking at Taemin as she’s giving the floor to him.


‘This girl?! Ha! I’ll beat you.’ Taemin started break dancing and doing B-Boy techniques. He did a body wave to give the girl the floor. She smiled and she did exactly what he did before but this time she did it HER STYLE. The crowd is practically watching and some were betting who will win the battle.

"The girl is good. I'll bet 10 bucks on her." the guy said.

"Look at the guy, dude! He's got the moves! I'll bet 20 on him that he'll win!" the other said.

"He'll lose. He's up against the resident dancer of the club." said the waiter.

"Stupid! Look at him move. He's a pro! Wanna bet?" said the other.

"You're on!" said the waiter.

The two just kept exchanging moves. 

“Looks like Taemin is having the dance battle of his life.” Minho said.

“It looks to me that he is trying to impress the girl to get her number.” Jonghyun said. The three looked at him and said, “You know he’s not you right?” 

“Yah, why are you all being like this to me?” Jonghyun protested but the three ignored him.

The two still on their dance battle are focused on each other. 

Lost in her thoughts while looking at Taemin,
 ‘So, you really want to beat me? Don’t you know I’m their resident dancer here? Just because you are SHINee’s Lee Taemin, you can beat me? Watch me.’

‘Doing that again? I’m getting bored here.’ Taemin thought.

As the girl starts to break-dance again, Taemin interrupted her with his own. She pushed him to the crowd and did her thing. He heard someone said,
 ‘This club is full of minors, we should start the operation before they notice. These minors should be studying instead of going to these places.’ 

‘She’s in trouble. I need to get her out of here.’

As the girl did krumping, break dancing and all, Taemin went to interrupt her again with his moves. He held her waist as a part of his dance moves, he held her close to him and said, “Gong Minji of 2NE1, you think, I won’t recognize your moves.” The girl look startled and pushed him away and tries to run but he caught her.

“Let go.” She said. “No, I won’t. Come with me.” He dragged her outside the club and led her to the back alley. “I told you let go!” She said. “Can’t recognize me?” He said.

“Who wouldn’t recognize you? You are SHINee’s maknae, Lee Taemin. How did you know that I’m Minji?” She said with questioning eyes. “Simple, the way you move. The way you dance is an instant give away. You wouldn’t understand. I just knew.”

“Why did you drag me here?”

“You’ll see. In about 1 minute.” He said while smiling at her.

The police came and all of the minors in the club were seized. Minji was shocked.

“Now, you owe me for saving you there.” He said while flicking Minji’s phone.

“Yah! How did you get my phone?” She asked while searching herself if he took another thing from her.

“When I held you in there while dancing.” He threw the phone to Minji and she caught it. 

“You better answer my calls, or suffer the consequence, Gong Minji.”

“Why should I answer your calls?”

“Because if you don’t, I’ll tell your unnies what happened tonight. You know that Kibum hyung is close with your leader right?” Taemin said while smiling and he went back inside the club.

“I’m screwed! Of all the people that could’ve caught me, why Lee Taemin? Lee Taemin, the maknae playboy of our generation of idols! Aish! I’m really screwed! ” Minji said.