Chapter 19: Saving you is my priority

DJ got us falling in love

 

Chapter 19: Saving you is my priority


“Freeze that video.” SeungRi said as now they are monitoring that surveillance camera. Sooyoung was really mad and was about to beat the crap out of Sohyun only to be stopped by Kikwang. The taping for the sitcom was postponed. The good thing is that they have recorded enough episodes for three weeks. However the cast and crew were worried for Minji’s safety but all of them decided to keep mum so that the press won’t know what happened because it’ll be a field day and Minji’s safety might be jeopardize. 

“You won’t let go? Freaking let go of me.” Sooyoung said as she tried to wriggle her hand out of Kikwang’s but he just gripped it tighter. “There is no need to beat Sohyun. She didn’t know. All of us didn’t. Let’s just hope we save her before it’s too late.”

“Minjae call them and tell the plate number so we can track the car. This is why I told you to keep an eye on her.” SeungRi said as he tried to kick him again but Minjae shielded himself. “We are so going to be killed by the hyungs not to mention Jiyong hyung. Way to go Minjae!” SeungRi finally kicked him again. Minjae was howling silently in pain. He called the police for to tell them the plate number.

Minjae’s phone rang for the nth time.

“Yes, hello? This is he. WHAT!?! What do you mean it was a fake plate number? Okay, please do sir and please keep it off the press. Thank you.” Minjae said. All of them were looking at him aside from one person. 

‘You said you’d protect me, Taemin. I’m scared.’ Her voice and her scared look keeps on replaying on his head. The scene where she did not let go of his hand yesterday, how she hugged him as if clinging to him for her life. ‘Call me when you need me. Whatever just call, I’ll go to you.’ He was shaking like crazy. All he remembers is her scared and he couldn’t protect her when he said he would. He let her down. All because he believed what another girl said to him. How can he have little trust? 

“What now? What should we do? How can we get Minji back? Our only lead went down the drain. The guy is good. Aish.” Sooyoung ruffled her hair in frustration. She looked at Taemin. He was shaking. As she tried to go to him, he stood up and went out of the room. 

He punched the wall and his hand bled. He can’t forgive himself for being short sighted. She was telling him that she’s in danger but anger consumed him and blinded him to see. He felt a hand on his shoulder only to see his past lover’s worried eyes on him. He didn’t take her hand off him but stiffen at her touch. 

“Oppa. Don’t be too hard on yourself. You didn’t know.” Sulli said. 

“Don’t call me oppa. I’m not your oppa.”

“This is why we didn’t last. You easily doubt girls. You always doubt that they will hurt you and that they are hiding something from you. You easily believe anyone who said something bad about me or Minji.”

“Shut up. I trusted you and you chose to break that.”

“And now look what it did to you now? You are blaming yourself because you were too angry at Minji to notice she was in danger.”

“Shut up. Stop pouring salt to my wounds.”

“She didn’t plan or whatever that Sohyun told you. We met by coincidence at the café. That Sohyun just took these pictures of us talking.” She held up the pictures Sohyun took that Taemin crumpled before.

“Talking? That’s more like planning.”

“Seriously? If I planned something, that Sohyun wouldn’t even have a chance to go out with you nor any other girl. Don’t ask. The issue here is, we talked about you and her. Obviously, you like her and you fell for her. All I ask her to do is give you a chance. Oppa, wanted you to be happy.”

“Changmin? Yeah, right. He wanted me to be happy. Then why did he take you away from me?”

Sulli was silent. “See? So shut the hell up.” He left her there. 



♠♠♠


Minji woke up in a strange place well to be exact a room filled with her pictures smiling. A picture caught her eye. It was a picture of her when she was still in middle school with a boy. The two of them were smiling radiantly. Then, she realized she was abducted by a guy and now she’s back to being scared. Her hands were tied to the bedpost. She tried reaching for her phone but then she remembered that the guy smashed her phone. 

Aish. That phone costs a fortune and he smashed it!??’ She tried to loosen the ropes that bind her but to no avail. It was as tight as it could ever be. She heard footsteps and it is getting closer. ‘Taemin. Help me. I’m scared.



♠♠♠


It has been 24 hours since Minji went missing. SeungRi called Jonghyun to pick them up and set up their HQ at SHINee’s dorm. The management cannot learn that Minji was abducted by her stalker. Jjangmae was silenced by SeungRi by blackmail. Kibum and JinKi were filming for a variety show. Both were worried about Minji and they demand that they will be updated with the situation.

2NE1 members were at Jeju Island at the moment to prepare for their concert for the upcoming week. Chaerin was meticulous about this that they want to inspect by themselves. When they heard the news, Bom practically screamed profanities at Minjae and SeungRi on the phone. If only the situation wasn’t that serious all of the people will be laughing. Kikwang was in between Sooyoung and Sohyun. Jonghyun was at the kitchen trying to make some food for them since Kibum is out while Minho and Luna is watching Taemin who is about to fall asleep from exhaustion.

Taemin cannot sleep though his hyungs told him to. He was about to fall asleep when he felt something in his chest. He was scared. Something happened. He shot up immediately from his position. He could hear her voice calling him to save her. He grabbed his coat but was stop by Minho.

“Where are you going?”

“To find Minji. Why are you here?”

“Duh. We are here in our dorm. Remember this now our HQ. Big Bang sunbaenims will come later though. Do you know where she is?”

“No. But I will find her.”

“She could be anywhere. Let’s just wait for some news.”

“I couldn’t be here just waiting for some news that she’s been hurt or she’s been used or whatever. It’s my fault that she went missing. It’s my fault that I didn’t save her like I told her I would. So, get the hell away from that door.”

Taemin felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around and received a punch on his face. “You needed that. You are acting crazy.”

“What the hell!! Luna!!” 

Minho smiled at Luna and mouthed, ‘Thanks.’ She smiled at her oppa and now faced Taemin. Minho left them and sat next to Sooyoung who was fuming at Kikwang.

“I’ve heard the story from Sooyoung unnie and Sulli. Don’t blame yourself. You didn’t know about this nor anyone except SeungRi oppa.”

“I lost her. She was in front of me looking at me with scared eyes asking me to help her. She was just right there and she was gone. I ran and ran but I couldn’t get her. It’s my fault. She was saying hints that she’s in danger and I failed to recognize that. I told her to call me and I’ll be there. How can I not blame myself!?” Luna just hugged her best friend. She patted his back and knowing Taemin he wouldn’t cry with people around. He only cries in front of her or Minho. She held him tighter and whispered, “Minji is strong. She can hold herself till you save her.”

SeungRi looked at him weirdly. “What’s with him? If there should be the one to blame, it’s Minjae and me. The two of us will be dead when the our hyungs arrive.”

Big Bang entered the room. SHINee, Sulli and Sooyoung greeted them with a bow. Changmin high fived Jiyong. 

Seunghyun eyed SeungRi then all of a sudden his fist collided with the maknae’s face.
“We told you to keep an eye on her.” Seunghyun’s eyes are now dangerously angry. Minjae was shaking in fear. Daesung saw Minjae. He held him and shoved him to YoungBae.

“You lovestruck idiot!! We let you come with SeungRi so that you can help him look after Minji not flirt around!!” Jiyong shouted and he gave Minjae a punch to the stomach. 

All were horrified to see what’s happening but Taemin felt he deserved the beatings Big Bang are giving to SeungRi and Minjae and it wouldn’t be enough. 

“Yah. Stop it, hyung. It won’t make any difference. We have to be calm about this.” Changmin said as he stop Seunghyun from beating the life out of SeungRi.

“We managed to tail the guy. However the guy is smart. After the fake plate number Minjae said we tried to find the car with the descriptions, Taemin said but the guy ditched it near Han river. He changed vehicles.” Daesung said.

“How did you tail when I’m protecting Minji?” SeungRi asked.

“It’s just a precaution. We need you to look after her while we tail and capture the guy but he’s too quick.”

They didn’t notice Taemin left. Only one person did, it was Kikwang.



♠♠♠


Minji pretended to be asleep. “I know you are awake, Minji. I’m not going to hurt you. I just want to talk to you.”

Minji the opened her eyes and saw her stalker, Gio. “Why did you kidnap me? What did I ever do to you?”

“Aside from being gorgeous and awesome, I want you to be mine. I don’t like other guys touching you and talking to you. So there is only one solution, keep you here with me.”

“Bring me back. I don’t belong to you. You don’t own me. I belong to myself and myself alone. It’s not your business who I associate with.” Minji said with fierceness in her voice.

Gio threw the tray he was holding to the wall and it scared Minji. “Not that brave now, are you Minji?”

“Why don’t you remember anything?” Gio said as he held Minji’s shoulder. Minji looked at him confused of what he was saying. “Remember what?”

“I’ll just make you remember one day at a time. After all, you are here with me forever.”

“Please, let me go. I’m not yours.” She pleaded. “No.” He firmly answered.

“Yah!! I’m not yours!! Bring me back to my family!!” She shouted. Gio couldn’t contain himself anymore he pushed Minji to the wall and it hurt Miinji.

He opened his drawer and took a syringe. Minji looked at the syringe and feared for her life. As Gio gets closer to her, she moves away but he held her to stop her. “Don’t be afraid, I’m just giving you something to help you relax. She wriggled, shook her head and moved but to no avail. Gio injected the medicine and she felt sleepy yet conscious. 

Gio started to take his shirt off. “I’m not going to do anything that would hurt you, Minji. I love you so much than to hurt you.”

Minji started to cry. Taemin’s voice echoed in her mind. ‘I’m here now. No one’s going to hurt you. I’m here now. I won’t let you get hurt. Call me when you need me. Whatever just call, I’ll go to you.’ 

Taemin, where are you? I know you are mad at me but please save me. Find me. He’s going to hurt me. Taemin.’ Minji prayed for her life. ‘Lord, let Taemin know where I am. Please. Save me.’ She felt Gio’s hands on her face. “I’m not going to hurt you. Don’t you remember?”

Minji slipped out of consciousness.



♠♠♠


Taemin wandered on the streets of Itaewon. He entered club after club. Feeling she might see her dancing her life away and all of this is just a nightmare. In his mind, he would wake up, see her beside him, he would then nuzzle at her neck and .

He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked for the owner. He saw a smiling Dongho.
“Yo! Taem! Long time no see.”

“I’m not in the mood.”

“Now, that’s a first. Oh, let me tell you something interesting.” Dongho said as he slung his arm over Taemin’s shoulders.

“I saw 2NE1’s Minzy with a guy. She’s being carried bridal style in Itaewon’s famous club.” Dongho said.

Taemin looked at him with wide eyes. He grabbed Dongho’s collar and said, “TAKE ME THERE.”



♠♠♠


“Where is Taemin?!” Jonghyun shouted. All of them looked at him. They finally realized he was missing. 

“Probably he went by himself to find Minji, after all she’s important to him.” Minjae said and he felt Sooyoung’s eyes sent daggers at him. ‘You better not talk about that or the plan to get them together will fail.’

“What do you mean by that Minjae?” Jiyong asked. Changmin then held Jiyong’s shoulders, “This is not the time to be asking that.” Sohyun looked at her phone. Her eyes widened at the message but she smiled evilly. 

If only Jonghyun and Minho aren’t holding me this moment, I’ll kill the b*tch.’ Sooyoung thought.

Sohyun whispered something to Kikwang. He widened his eyes and just said, “You sure?” She nodded. 

Kikwang went out and Sooyoung got a feeling something will happen. When she got out of Jonghyun’s hands, she immediately dragged Sohyun to JinKi’s room as well as she grabbed the keys to the room so she won’t be disturbed in ‘disciplining/torturing’ Sohyun, though no one noticed since two maknaes are now missing. 



♠♠♠


Minji was slipping in and out of consciousness. She was now sitting on a chair with her hands tied at back and her feet tied at the legs of the chair. She’s hearing music downstairs. She saw Gio without his shirt on and was near her. She felt him touch her face gently and gazing at her. “Don’t touch me.” She managed to say and she heard him snort.

“I can touch you, hug you, kiss you and do more than that, Minji.” His hands slithered to her waist. Minji froze. She hates it when people she doesn’t know touch her intimately.

“You have no right to do that. I don’t belong to you.”

“So, you belong to Lee Taemin? How can you let him touch you, hug you, and kiss you? Who is he to you?” He asked with hint of restrained anger as he her bangs away from her face. 

“I don’t belong to anyone.”

“Who is he to you? Why call him every time you feel you are in danger? Didn’t you know he will hurt you at the end?”

“He is nothing more than my master. He likes to be amused by seeing me miserable. He likes to tease me and make me angry but he won’t force himself on me.” She said. 

“Really? That wasn’t the case earlier. He kissed you forcefully and you have been ually harassed. You slapped him with all your might. Lying is bad, Minji.”

“He was angry at that time. Slapping him makes him see sense of what he is doing.”

Gio then pressed a small knife on her face and said, “Then, if I kill him, you’ll be mine.”

“I won’t be yours. Not ever.” Her focus is blurring again and she saw a familiar silhouette. ‘Is it you, Taemin? Let me hear your voice, then I’ll know it’s you.’ However before she could hear the guy speak, she heard music. Gio had put earphones on her ears.



♠♠♠


Kikwang ran to the streets of Itaewon. Sohyun said that Taemin was here with Dongho. Their maknae has connections. She have someone tailing Taemin but the news they received from the person tailing the maknae is she heard that Dongho saw someone carrying Minji. 

Oppa, Minji is in Itaewon. Someone tipped me. Taemin is there too. You have to save her before Taemin so that you can make her fall for you.


“I have to save her. I have to.” Kikwang entered the club.



♠♠♠


“Let’s go.” Sooyoung said as she dragged Sohyun’s beaten body. “Minji is in Itaewon. She is in danger.”

“How did you know?” SeungRi asked. Minjae looked at Sohyun and gulped. Jonghyun and Minho were terrified and Sulli was smirking. 

Big Bang however were impressed and smiled. “What are we doing? Let’s go!!” Luna said.

They left Sohyun with Luna at the dorm. Sohyun was thinking what her revenge would be. ‘This ain’t over yet. If Kikwang oppa manage to save Minji first, then Taemin will be hurt and my revenge would be completed.

“You know Sohyun, you can’t separate Minji and Taemin. Whatever you do, they’ll be back together.” Luna said as she nursed Sohyun’s wounds. 

“When Taemin falls for a girl, he’ll do everything for her even if it hurts him. There’s a story behind Sulli and Taemin’s break up and you only heard the other side. There are only three people who knows the other.”

Sohyun just look at her with full loathing. Luna smiled at her though it was a cold one.

“I’ve finally seen Taemin smile and full of life other than being angry all the time. If ever something happens between the two of them because of you, let’s just say Sooyoung unnie’s antics are mild compared to mine.”



♠♠♠


“Minji!!” Taemin shouted with Dongho following him. The music were blazing. He scanned the club but he didn’t see her. 

“Look man, ease up.” Dongho said but Taemin shook him away. Dongho then dragged him to the bar. “Sit. Relax.” 

“Dongho, I don’t have time for this. Every second counts.” Taemin said.

“You shut up. Yo Hyejun! I have something to ask.” Dongho said as he called the barista.

“Yo Dongho! Long time no see. What is it?”

“There’s a new guy here right?”

“Yeah. His name is Gio. He’s really good but depressed. What about him?” Hyejun said.

“I saw him carrying some pretty chick and I happen to know the girl. Do you know where they are right now?”

“Yeah. They are on the second floor. Gio’s day off today so he’s resting there. He told me that was his girlfriend.” Hyejun said while scratching his head.

When Dongho was about to talk to Taemin, he saw Taemin running to the stairs. 

“He is so hot headed.” Dongho said to himself and ran after him. Kikwang saw them and followed them quietly.

Taemin kicked the door open to see Minji unconscious with Gio on her side putting earphones on her.

“Minji.” Taemin said. He finally saw her. He could breathe a little and now he’s angry to see her tied down on the chair with the guy smiling at him. Dongho was shocked and Taemin said, “Just call my hyungs, this will be over.” Dongho went back.

“Let go of Minji.” Taemin said.

“No, she’s mine. I’ve waited long enough.”

“No, she isn’t yours.”

“She isn’t yours because she’s mine.” Gio said then he lightly kissed Minji’s lips. Taemin was about to explode and to go to the guy and rip him apart. “Tsk. Go any closer and she’ll be hurt.” Gio said as the knife he was concealing is now on Minji’s neck. Taemin stopped.

“Did you know that I hate you, Lee Taemin? You danced with her in the club and held her in ways you shouldn’t. You forcefully kissed her and hugged her. Practically, touch her by running your fingers on her skin. You whenever you want to and even make her go to your dorm to do things for you.” Gio said now gently running his fingers on Minji’s arms and playing with her hair. 

He couldn’t get close to Minji. He wanted to rip Gio into shred the moment he laid hands on Minji. Gio was now hugging Minji and nuzzling his face on her neck.

“What do you want?” Taemin asked. Gio smiled. “I hate you for being close to her. You even and argue with her that leads to more skinship with her.” Gio said as he approached Taemin. 

“Don’t do anything. Watch and accept what will I do to you.” He whispered then he punched Taemin on the stomach. Taemin fell on the floor clutching his stomach. It was painful but Gio didn’t stop there. He kicked Taemin’s back and gut. Taemin accepted it without a fight. Only one sentence he kept on repeating in his head like a mantra. ‘Keep Minji safe.’ Taemin looked at Minji every time he receive a hit. 

“You dare to look at my goddess?!?” Gio shouted as he punched Taemin’s face and slam him on the wall near Minji. Taemin managed to take one earphone away from her before he crashed.

“You have no right over Minji because she’s mine. We were close friends in middle school and she promised she’ll be with me. You have no chance.” Gio said as he kicked Taemin over and over. 

“She belongs to no one but herself, idiot. She’s just precious to me because she manage to take me out of the dark. She made me fall for her when hundred girls failed. She’s my life. If you really love her, you should’ve just let her be. I may be the person she hates with every fiber in her body, but she knows I wouldn’t hurt her by taking her away from the people she loves and force myself on her.” Taemin said as he spat some blood. 

What am I hearing? Taemin, is that you? I can’t speak. I can’t see clearly.’ Minji thought as she tried to focus her eyes. All was blurred. 

“Shut up!! You don’t know anything!!” Gio shouted he kicked him for the nth time. 

“Gio, stop. Don’t hurt him. I’m sorry I forgot.” Minji said but she can’t see who is she talking to because everything was blurred in her vision. Gio looked at her and was about to go to her when Taemin prevented him. “Play time’s over, b*stard!” Taemin punched Gio with all he got and kicked him three times. While Gio was incapacitated, Taemin took Minji’s bindings. He slapped Minji’s face lightly to wake her up.

“Minji-ah, I need you to wake up so you can run.” Taemin said. “What? Who are you?” Minji said in response. 

“Stupid how could you not recognize me? I’m—“ Gio hit Taemin with a vase over his head. Blood is now trickling on his face. 

“You didn’t just do that.” Taemin said and beat up Gio with all his might. Gio was passed out after Taemin delivered a death blow unto his head. Taemin went back to Minji. “Who are you? I can’t see well. It’s all blurry.”

“Did he drug you?” Taemin asked. Minji held his face attempting to recognize her savior then she felt wet warm liquid dripping. 

“Yes, why are you wet?” Minji asked. Taemin didn’t speak. He just looked at her and he let her touch him. He hugged her and said, “I’m sorry for not keeping my words. I’m sorry for being angry.” Then he passed out, bleeding on Minji’s shoulder. 

“Are you bleeding? Yah. I’m feeling dizzy. Thank you for coming for me and saving me.” She said as she now succumbed to the power of the drug but she inhaled his scent to help her recognize her savior later.



♠♠♠


I woke up I was in the hospital. I see all of my oppas and unnies. All of them looked worried. I saw Taemin by my side. His head was in a bandage and he is asleep.

“Minji.” Kikwang oppa said. I saw blood stains on his shirt. I remembered someone was bleeding but couldn’t make out his face. I don’t know who struck the person who save me and where , all I know is that he is bleeding.

“Oppa, did you come and save me?” I asked.

“Yes. I did.”

“Why is Taemin all bandaged and up?”

“He got into a fight in Itaewon. He was busy playing around in clubs. We found him after we took you here.” He didn’t come to save me? He didn’t come to find me at all?

You are really that angry with me and you didn’t bother to find me? So Kikwang oppa is the one who saved me? 

Oppa hugged me and said, “I’m really glad you are now back with us. You are safe.”

His scent is the same as the person who hugged me but slightly different. Though his hug is foreign, he has the same scent. I couldn’t stop my tears. Not because I was scared and scarred after the ordeal I went through but because it wasn’t Taemin who saved me. It wasn’t him. He didn’t find me. He just played around. I hugged oppa and said, “Do your offer still stand?”

“What do you mean?” Kikwang oppa asked. 

“I’ll date you for the remaining two weeks. Make me fall for you.” I said then I heard a crashing sound beside me. 



♠♠♠


My head freaking hurts. I should’ve just killed the guy with the knife so he didn’t have to smash that stupid vase on my head. Where is she? I looked at my left and there she was. I’m glad and I can finally breathe again. Seeing her safe is my priority now. She’s my life, my everything now. It took this worst incident to make me realize that. 

I was a fool for listening to that girl. She’ll never have a boyfriend ever, I’ll make sure of that. 

Kikwang hyung is approaching her? I listened to their conversation.

“Minji.”

“Oppa, did you come and save me?”

“Yes. I did.” What the fudge is he talking about? I’m the one who found her and save her from those stupid son of the b*tch stalker and I end up with this stupid headache after a vase smashed on my head.

“Why is Taemin all bandaged and up?” Let’s see how you answer that with my injuries. You freaking liar.

“He got into a fight in Itaewon. He was busy playing around in clubs. We found him after we took you here.” Partially true but he left out the part where I search the clubs for you and I fought your stalker to save you. He’s hugging her? 

“I’m really glad you are now back with us. You are safe.” Minji is crying. I want to wipe her tears away.

“Do your offer still stand?” What offer?

“What do you mean?”

“I’ll date you for the remaining two weeks. Make me fall for you.” I sat up too quickly that the medication tray near the table and the vase fell down that caused a crashing sound. 

She looked at me and I looked at her. Her eyes mirrored hurt and pain. I want to say that her best friend is lying point blank on her face but the words were stuck in my throat. 

She will not believe me even if I say the truth because I’ve hurt her. Is this what she felt when I dragged her and accused her?

Please, Minji, don’t go to him. Please.