Chapter 17: The truth behind her answer and a threat

DJ got us falling in love

 

Chapter 17: The truth behind her answer and a threat


Taemin’s eyes widened in surprise at her sudden action and answer. Her eyes weren’t as innocent as before and she was smiling just like him. 

“What did you do with my slave?” Taemin asked and Minji couldn’t help herself and laughed.

“Your face— hahahaha! Priceless!!” Minji said as she crouched on the ground holding her tummy.

“What the?”

“I finally tricked you! This is a first! Hahahaha!” Minji said still laughing. Taemin just looked at her and realization dawned at him. She just said it to stop him from being angry. She didn’t mean it at all. He felt pain. A different kind of pain. He then hugged her, whispered to her ear, “No, it’s the second.” ‘You tricked me into falling for you.’ Minji stopped laughing immediately. He released her and was about to leave when Minji held his hand and asked, “Did I do something wrong?” 

“No, you didn’t. I did.” Taemin said. 



♠♠♠


“Sooyoung?” Kikwang asked.

“Sit down. It’s a fancy meeting you here.” Sooyoung said. Kikwang sat down and the girl holding him seems to disappear from his mind. The girl then left them.

“So, how are you?” Sooyoung asked and she smiled sweetly. 

‘She’s finally talking to me other than the script? Is this reality?’

“Uhm, not so good.” He said truthfully.

“Why? Is something bothering you?” Sooyoung said her voice full of worry.

“Because the girl I like might go to the person I despised the most. I don’t want that to happen so if you’ll excuse me. I have to go.” Kikwang said and left her.

‘I like you, yet you push me away. If that is what you want, then fine.’



♠♠♠


Minjae was walking in his skinny jeans and was fuming. ‘Sheesh! I don’t approve. I don’t approve of that plan. Sooyoung noona flirting with Kikwang hyung. Just hell no.’

He still wore the wig and make up and was fuming furiously when he bumped onto Sohyun. “I’m sorry.” He said with a girly voice.

“Whatever. Just look where you are going.” Sohyun snapped. She was mad. “Who the hell is that girl who dragged Minji away? My plans are ruined.” She talked to herself.

‘What is she talking about? Wait. Is she talking about Taemin hyung? She’s the mastermind? But, why?’ Minjae thought and he tailed her inconspicuously.

He saw Kikwang approaching so he hid himself in the bushes of the café.

“Oppa!” 

“Have you seen where Minji was dragged to?” 

“No, they both disappeared.”

“What are we going to do now?”

“Just do what I say and you’ll be fine. Be there for her. Don’t let her out of your sight. Always talk to her.”

“Okay, Sohyun. Let’s go.” The two went to the car and went away.

The two are collaborating to separate them. Since I’m kind of mad at Sooyoung noona, I won’t say anything about this.



♠♠♠


Minji was confused with what he is saying but she couldn’t deny that she hurt him. “I’m sorry.”

“For what?” Taemin asked.

“Just sorry. It’s just that you look hurt because I laughed. I’m sorry.” 

“Just stop saying sorry.” Taemin said, he then felt her hand on his. He looked at her and she said, “You were disappointed that I didn’t mean what I said earlier?”

“No.” He lied. ‘I never thought a day like this will happen. My master is acting like a precocious toddler because I denied what he wants.’ Minji smiled. She let go of his hand and picked up the wig he threw earlier. She put it on him, smiled at him, held his hand and said, “Let’s go to Lotte World.” Taemin looked at her as if she said something foreign. “What?”

She dragged him, hailed a taxi, pushed him on the vehicle and entered. “Ahjusshi, Lotte World.”

When they arrived at the place, Minji practically dragged Taemin out of the taxi. She paid for the entrance fee. She then choose some hats. She put one on him and on her. 

“What are we doing here?” Taemin said.

“You should keep up with your disguise or your fans would recognize you.” Minji said as she smiled at him. Taemin felt his heart flutter. He just let himself be dragged by Minji.

They went on rides, she , he pinches her cheeks and she just laughs at him. People around them were puzzled because they are seeing two girls playing around yet the vibe they are giving are like lovers dating for the first time. 

“Weird. Why are they like on a date?” One of the girls in high school uniform.

“Don’t mind them. Let’s just have fun.” The other said.

“She looks like Minzy from 2NE1. Don’t you think?” 

“Now that I look at her closely. She is.” The third girl said.

“Let’s get her autograph. 2NE1 girls are hard to bump into.” The second girl said. All of them nodded. They approached the two who was busy pinching each other’s cheeks.

“Uhm, aren’t you Minzy of 2NE1?” the first girl asked. The two stopped pinching each other and looked at the girls. The girls both gasped. 

“SHINee’s Taemin?!?” They said and Taemin just put a finger on his lips saying be quiet to them.

“Are you two dating? Like for real? I mean it’s not acting anymore?” The second girl asked as she pointed to Minji then to Taemin. Minji laughed. The three girls were puzzled by her actions when Taemin answered. “No. not yet. She won’t let me date her.” 

The three girls were surprised and looked kind of angry at Minji. Their eyes are shouting at her ‘Why? He’s gorgeous. Just why?’

“Because I still have the dating ban. Just keep it a secret that we went here, okay?” Minji answered and Taemin was shocked by her answer. The girls smiled. Minji gave them autographs and Taemin did too. The girls left and Taemin looked at her with questioning eyes.

“What?” Minji asked.

“You still have to ask?” Taemin said but Minji left him to buy ice cream. ‘She’s driving me nuts today. What’s with that answer? What does it mean?’

Minji came back and gave him an ice cream. She was busy eating hers while Taemin was dying from curiosity. 

“Yah, it’s melting already. Eat it.” Minji said to him. He complied but not averting his gaze from her. She finished hers and he noticed she still has a bit of ice cream on her lips. He wiped it with his thumb, “You eat like a child.”

“When did you get gentle, master?” Minji asked. She couldn’t resist asking him. “I’m always gentle. You just didn’t see it.”

“Maybe you are right.” Minji said. They were silent for a while. Taemin finished his ice cream when, “Ferris Wheel.”

“What?” Taemin said but he didn’t get any answers from her because she was busy dragging him to the ride.

They entered the ride. “Master, did you really fall for me?” 

“What? I didn’t say that.”

“Liar. You said it in the alley.”

“So, if I did?”

“I can’t be your girlfriend.” Minji said.

“Because of the dating ban? I know I get it. Don’t worry, I just said it out of the blue. I take that back, I said that to tease you.” Taemin said but disappointment and loss was written all over your face.

“No. It’s because you said, don’t fall in love with you. Being your girlfriend means I fell in love with you. So, I’m not breaking the contract you gave me.”

Taemin was silent. ‘I want her to be mine.

“Let’s just be friends.” Minji said. Taemin was silent. Both were silent and admired the scenery below them. When Taemin looked at Minji all he could see was a girl who is mature yet still a child. A girl who is strong and wouldn’t let go of her principles yet a fragile girl you would like to protect no matter what. ‘I’ll definitely kill you, Minjae. You should’ve just shut your mouth about her meeting Kikwang and all of these wouldn’t happen. I could just be enjoying her presence with me and have her all to myself. You little- Aish. Never mind. Rejection is really such a bi—, no cursing Taemin.’ 

When they were out of the ride, “Okay, let’s just be friends. But still, you are my slave for the following days.” ‘Is that the best you can do? Damn, Lee Taemin. You really are so— Shut up brain!’

“Okay.” Minji said cheerfully. They were going home. They held hands. Taemin hailed a taxi for her. He couldn’t go with her. He just couldn’t. For the first time in his life, he was rejected. Sulli accepted him without any questions, same as Suzy and dozen other girls but Minji rejected him. As Minji went inside the taxi, she was waiting for him to come with her, but, “You go ahead, I’m going somewhere.” ‘Going to pick up another girl. That’s easy.

He was about to close the door when she grabbed him and kissed him lightly on the lips. “Don’t you dare try pick other girls, you are mine. I’ve marked you thrice now. Let’s be friends for the next 38 days. Good night, master.” She closed the door and the taxi sped away. He stood frozen contemplating what the hell just happened.

You just chose the last girl you’ll be with in your life, young man. Bom’s voice echoed through his head. He dialed her number on his phone.

“Yes? Do you have any orders?” Minji asked automatically.

“What do you mean ‘let’s be friends for the next 38 days’?

“It’s for you to find out.” Then she hung up. He was confused so he decided to call Minjae.



♠♠♠


This is really killing me. She’s right there. I mean she is in close proximity with me. She’s in the same room as me but I couldn’t. I couldn’t kiss her, hug her nor touch her hand. I have a confession to make. I, Lee Taemin, who vowed never to fall in love, scratch that, who said no girl could make me happy again, is now in love with his slave, Gong Minji. Funny, right? Funny how this girl manage to make me fall for her yet I told her not to fall in love with me and she’s sticking with it. Life . You ask me why is it hard? Why don’t I just kissed the life out of her to make her realize she’s mine? It’s because she hasn’t fallen for me yet. She’s on the verge of that but she’s confused. How did I know? Minjae explained with the aid of Bom noona and Sooyoung noona. Kind of but it just left me more confused. Trust me, tow food crazed noonas and a younger dude who’s ogling to another noona isn’t really what you call helping with their bizarre answers.

Flashback:

“What did Minji say?” Minjae asked while Bom and Sooyoung are busy eating cupcakes.

“She said, ‘Don’t you dare try pick other girls, you are mine. I’ve marked you thrice now. Let’s be friends for the next 38 days. Good night, master.’ What does that even mean?” Taemin said messed up his hair. 

“She means-this cupcake is delicious-make her fall for you within the span of 38 days.” Bom said.

“She needs to see how sincere you are to her.” Sooyoung said as she now finished her third cupcake.

“You are now officially entered the competition with Kikwang hyung.” Minjae said.

“What!?!?” Taemin said.

“Wait, did she say she marked you thrice?” Bom suddenly stopped from munching the third cupcake. 

“Yeah.” Taemin said quite confused. Bom smiled a sinister smile.

“Maknae knows how to play. I like it. Her oppas taught her well. Gonna praise them later.” Bom said.

“What did she mean?” Taemin asked Minjae.

“It means Minji knows how to play the game you are playing with girls. Though..” Minjae trailed.

“It seems you have higher points than Kikwang.” Sooyoung finished.

“How do you guys know everything?” Taemin said confused.

“We don’t know either.” They said at the same time and Taemin just shook his head. He left them.

“For a playboy, he’s stupid.” Bom said.

“Huh?” Sooyoung said.

“Minji just agreed to be his subtly. She’s waiting for the dating ban to be lifted. It’ll be lifted on her birthday.” Bom said. The three smiled evilly. 


That was one week ago. I only got 31 days to make her mine. Minji still does my orders to her. She still talks to Kikwang and I’m just stopping the urge to kidnap her and just detain her in my room. 



♠♠♠


‘Oppa always looks at her.’ Sohyun thought and she went near him. 

“Oppa!” She said. Taemin looked at her. “Oh, it’s you.” They both looked at Minji and Kikwang. The two were busy teasing each other and Kikwang messed Minji’s hair. 

KEEP YOUR FREAKING HANDS OFF HER!! YOU COMPLETE IDIOT MINJI!!CAN”T YOU SEE HE’S FREAKING FLIRTING!!!!’

“They look close. After all, they are best friends for three years. Nothing could break them, not even a confession.” Sohyun said adding oil to Taemin’s fire of jealousy.

Taemin pretended he didn’t hear that yet he was jealous. Kikwang has his arm on Minji’s shoulder. ‘ASGHHKJHDHKHL!! I’m going to tear you into pieces.’

“It’s easy for Kikwang oppa to hug her and kiss her forehead or just a simple matter of holding her hands. He’s the only guy apart from YG Family who can do that and he’s off the hook from the beating of YG men.” Sohyun said.

“Yeah, that’s why he’s forever will be the second guy. The guy who will see the girl he loves go to another guy.” Taemin said and he left her.

Tsk. I need to separate you from Minji within 31 days. What could be the best?



♠♠♠


Since both were free from schedules, Taemin told Minji to come to the dorm and clean for him. After all, she’s still his slave. ‘Lee Taemin, you evil, erted, master.’

Minji was in SHINee’s dorm right now. She’s painstakingly organizing Taemin’s massive manga collection for the second time. ‘Damn it. I should’ve just said, yeah, I’ll be your girlfriend so that you could stop making me do these stupid things.’ But no, I can’t do that since I might hurt him. Seeing his eyes fill with hurt and loneliness, I couldn’t. You just have to be nice, Minji. After all those training with your oppas on handling a guy like Taemin. Aish.’

Minji was about to throw the manga she’s holding when, “You know you shouldn’t do that or I might do something erted to you.”

Minji looked at him. ‘Great. He’s back on being the erted master that I’ve known.’

“I’m just dusting it off.” Minji said. As she put the book back to the bookshelf, Taemin just plopped himself on his bed. Minji was still organizing his stuff and wasn’t aware he is staring at her.

‘This is killing me. I. WANT. HER. Is that too much to ask for her to be mine and live happily ever after? Stupid mouth. ‘Don’t fall in love with me.’ THOSE. DAMN. SIX. WORDS.’ He ruffled his hair out of frustration.

He looks weird. He definitely is weird. He might be going crazy. How about I ? Yeah, . Need to get back at him for making me do things when I thought he would atleast cut me some slack but no, he is still a jerk like this.’ Minji crept up on the confused Taemin and poked him. Their faces were inches apart and Minji was smiling innocently.

“Why are you being weird, master?” She said sweetly. ‘I know you love me yet you couldn’t do anything since we are friends and friends don’t do any erted things with each other. Revenge is sweet.’

TOO. CLOSE. LIPS. SO. TEMPTING.’ Taemin thought. ‘She’s testing my patience. DAMN.’ 

“Go, clean the kitchen within 10 minutes. Kibum hyung will be here in 5 minutes.”

“Yes, master.” Minji said. ‘Still a prick. Is he being like this because I rejected him?

Ding Dong!’ The doorbell rang. Minji was still cleaning the kitchen so Taemin opened the door. 

“OPPA!!!!!” ‘The hell?’ Minji thought. She peeked who is the visitor but what she saw Taemin kissing the girl.



♠♠♠


“Ri, come here.” Jiyong said. Big Bang members were all sitting on the sofa. 

“Hyung, what’s going on? What’s with the sudden meeting?” SeungRi said.

YoungBae just put a letter on the table. SeungRi was confused. “That letter was sent to us. It’s weird because it should be for 2NE1’s manager to help protect maknae.” SeungRi read the letter. It says,

To Big Bang:

I know you care for 2NE1’s maknae. She’s like your little sister. But, I’ll take her away from you when you least know it. You know why? Because she’s mine. ALL MINE. I practically want to KILL ALL OF YOU when you hug her, ruffle her hair or just a simple skinship with her. It’ll all start when she’s alone. Doing her own thing, away from her unnies. Away from all of you. 

You don’t have to know who I am. I’m just nearby. Always near her. You can’t notice me because I’m just an average guy. So average, that no one could take notice. So good luck on protecting her or no. You have no chance. You are all just going to be so helpless. 


“What the hell is this? When did this came?” SeungRi said.

“The moment she got on that sitcom. That’s the reason why we always send you to monitor Minji on her tapings now. Minjae too.” Seunghyun said.

“I thought it was to ward off, Kikwang because Minji’s dating ban will be lifted?”

“Practically the same thing. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone.” Daesung said.

“You have to be alert, Ri. Our maknae is in danger. If only we aren’t promoting our sub-units right now, we’ll be with you.” Jiyong said.



♠♠♠


Minji was fuming in the kitchen. She cleaned the kitchen spotless and was now cooking for Taemin and his guest, Krystal. The two were talking and catching up on some stuff in the living room. In Minji’s opinion, it a ‘catching up on making out’ session they are having and she was pissed.

‘He confessed to me a week ago then he goes back to ordering me around and now he even invited a girl to their dorm and make out? Damn you Lee Taemin! DIE! DIE! DIE!’ She was now chopping the poor chicken into pieces. She didn’t notice that JinKi was in front of her and looking at her with murderous eyes.

“Minji, stop mutilating the love of my life.” JinKi said. Minji looked up and saw JinKi. 

“I’m sorry, oppa.” Minji said and JinKi left her alone. She then threw some garlic on the hot pan and she started cooking the dish Dara taught her last time. It was a Filipino viand and it was delicious when Dara cooked it for them. She set the table for the four of them. 

She went to JinKi’s room to call him and she has to pass the living room. She saw Taemin having a nonstop making out session with Krystal. She rolled her eyes at the scene. ‘Ugh. Taemin won’t change. Why did JinKi oppa just let these two idiots make out here? DIE! DIE! DIE! LEE TAEMIN DIE! DROP DEAD! BE SUFFOCATED! YOU STUPID LITTLE AARGH!! TWO-FACED mean-spirited fellow!’

She was leaning on JinKi’s door at the same time knocking on it telling JinKi to come out. She was so into cursing Taemin in her head that when JinKi opened the door and she feel on JinKi’s arms. “LITTLE STUPID MAN—AAH!!!”

“Minji, be careful. You nearly fell.” JinKi said. Taemin broke his make out session to look at what happened and so do Krystal. She saw Taemin’s eyes and it wasn’t a pretty sight. He was furious. ‘Now you go angry mode on me? Just kissed the life out of Krystal and leave me alone.’

“Krystal-ssi, Master, Lunch is served.” Minji said robotically as soon JinKi helped her up.

They all ate silently. Minji and Taemin having a stare batlle. Krystal was laughing at the scene she was seeing. ‘These two. Seriously, why can’t they just be together already? Both are jealous. I’m happy for Taemin oppa. He wasn’t this lively after he and Sulli broke up. I’m kind of surprised when Sulli said that I should go visit him and she said that it’ll be entertaining. If she only knew that he was just teaching me how to do stuff for the guy that I love.’

After eating lunch, Krystal said goodbye to Taemin because she has a photoshoot schedule and JinKi said he was going to DJ for SuKiRa and the two left together.

Minji was doing the dishes when she felt him hugging her. He couldn’t resist kissing her neck. Minji didn’t mind him. She is mad at him. “Yah. I told you don’t let other guys touch you.” 

“JinKi oppa isn’t a guy. He’s an oppa. Didn’t I tell you we are friends? Friends don’t do backhugs and kissing necks.” Sarcasm evident in her each word but Taemin tightened his hug and now is giving her love bite. ‘Why is she being so uptight?’ She gasped when he bit a small portion of her neck. “Friends? I don’t do friends. The you right now is my slave not a friend.” He continued playing with her. ‘This is fun. Why didn’t I think of this earlier, like a week ago?

Luckily, when he hugged her she was washing the last bowl. She faced him and said, “So, is Krystal your slave too? Why don’t you let her do these all for you?” She pushed him away and grabbed her bag in the living room.

“I’m going now. I’ve done everything you’ve said, master.” She said and she slammed the door.



♠♠♠


Minji was walking fast and she’s really pissed off. “Just who does he think he is?!? He makes out with Krystal then after he’s hugging me and kissing my neck? Freaking player! STUPID, FREAKING DAMN MOTH— No cursing, Minji. It’s bad for your health. But HGGJSHGGKSGAKAGDIDG!! I want to kill him! If he touches me again after he makes out with another girl wait that’s a wrong statement. If he touches another girl, I’ll fre—“

‘Something’s weird. I’m scared. Like something bad is going to happen. Keep the façade, Minji. Still rant.’ She felt someone’s following her and she’s in danger.

“I’ll freaking cut his—“ Minji said then she pretended to answer an imaginary call. She pressed number 1 on her speed dial before she took out her phone from her bag.

“WHAT?!?!” She yelled at her phone. 

“YOU CALLED ME AND YOU SHOUT AT ME!! YOU ARE SO GETTING IT FROM ME SLAVE!!” 

“If you are freaking SCARED OUT OF YOUR WITS THEN COME AND GET ME IDIOT!!” Minji said. 



♠♠♠


Is she jealous because I was making out with Krystal? Psh. It wasn’t making out. JinKi hyung knows that. Besides, it’s freaking grossing the two of us out that after doing such crazy antics we would always piss each other out. It was a secret the three of us hold and I forgot to tell Minji. Krystal and I are siblings in every way possible. I was teaching her how to make out properly so that if she and—The hell!?? This phone keeps on ruining my thoughts! I answered, “Hello?”

“WHAT?!?!” ‘Seriously? Who’s this?’ He looked who called and it was Minji.

“YOU CALLED ME AND YOU SHOUT AT ME!! YOU ARE SO GETTING IT FROM ME SLAVE!!” I shouted back at her.

“If you are freaking SCARED OUT OF YOUR WITS THEN COME AND GET ME IDIOT!!” Now this is weird. Her voice quivered at the word ‘scared’ and ‘get me’. I felt something was wrong. I just grabbed my keys and put on a beanie. I dashed out of the dorm and ran. 

“Don’t hang up the phone. I’ll be there. Continue ranting like a madman until I get there.” I said. She continued ranting like a maniac. My heart is beating fast. I’m nervous. I need to see her safe. I saw her. She was walking slowly. I saw a man following her. I ran to her and hugged her. 

“I’m here now.” I whispered to her. I looked around and the man disappeared. She was shaking from head to toe. I pat her head. “No one’s going to hurt you. I’m here now.”

My heart skipped a beat when she hugged me back as if never letting me go. “I was so scared.”

“You did great. I’m here now. I won’t let you get hurt.” I reassured her.

I personally sent her back to her dorm. I saw SeungRi hyung pacing left and right. When he saw us, he ran to us and said, “Where the hell did you go? From now on you will be accompanied either by me or Minjae, understand?” He said. Okay something’s definitely going on.

“Thanks Taemin. Why are you with her?” SeungRi hyung asked me eyeing me up and down. Okay, this is a bad time to be beaten up by him. 

“We were practicing lines for the sitcom.” I lied. He smiled and said, “Go back now. I’ll take care of her from here.”

I was going to but there is only one problem. Minji wouldn’t let go of my hand. SeungRi hyung tried but failed. 

I whispered to her, “You are safe now. Call me when you need me. Whatever just call, I’ll go to you.” With that she let go. SeungRi hyung looked at me puzzled but he shrugged it off. 

The next day, I didn’t know that I would lose her and it’s my freaking damn fault.