Chapter 20: Respecting your decision while I’m hurting

DJ got us falling in love

 

Chapter 20: Respecting your decision while I’m hurting


“Sir, you need to lie down.” The nurse told Taemin for the nth time. It bugged him that he couldn’t use his charms to the nurse. The nurse even said, “Your antics won’t work with me unless you are Onew.” That pissed him off. They were in different rooms and from what Minho told him, Kikwang was staying in Minji’s room even though Big Bang isn’t that comfortable. 

“Why would the Big Bang hyungs let him stay with Minji?” Taemin asked.

“Because he was the one that saved her.” Minho answered. Taemin looked at him. “What?”

“Look. When we arrived at the scene, Kikwang was holding Minji in his arms. The stalker was bleeding to death and is now in coma.”

“Where the hell did you find me?” Taemin asked. 

“In the next alley, bleeding for your life. What the hell is wrong with you, picking up a fight?” Minho asked.

“Where is Dongho?” Taemin asked for Dongho was the only witness that he arrived before Kikwang took the credit of what he did.

“Dongho? He was at the next room and can’t remember anything. Someone whacked his head pretty hard.” Minho said.

“How did you all find Minji?” Taemin asked. Luna entered the room.

“Because Sooyoung unnie beat the crap out of Sohyun. How are you doing?” Luna said.

“I feel like crap and the nurse wouldn’t let me go out or walk unless I’m JinKi hyung.” 

“She’s a MVP? Aww. Well she’s right. The doctors are worried about your head idiot. Why are picking a fight in a middle of the dark alley and let yourself get beaten up like a pulp? It isn’t like you to beaten like that after training fighting with the SuJu oppas.” Luna said.

“Who told you I went on picking up a fight?” Taemin said shaking his head in annoyance but it lead to an awful headache.

“Kikwang, why?” Taemin was angry. He stood up and wobbled out of his room despite Luna’s, Minho’s and the nurse’s efforts to prevent him from doing so. He opened the door to Minzy’s hospital room. She’s alone. He locked the door before anyone could enter.



♠♠♠


Kikwang was in Sohyun’s room. She was beaten up badly by Sooyoung. Luna brought her there since she’s an angel and she couldn’t nurse Sohyun with broken arm, leg and a fractured rib, but told Kikwang, “Tell her to remember what I said, oppa or she’ll regret it.”

Sohyun woke up and Kikwang was by her side. “Oppa, who saved Minji first? Did you?”

“Yes, I did. Taemin was late.” He lied. 

“Good. I got my revenge. Make Minji happy. Though I have been bad to her, I don’t like Taemin for her like she didn’t like him for me. He’s a playboy and in time he will hurt her. Don’t tell my unnies that I got beaten up by Sooyoung sunbae.”

“Sure, kid.”

“I hope Minji will be happy and Taemin remains in pain. He deserve being in pain after what he did to me, and to the other girls.” Sohyun said. 

“Just rest, Sohyun.” Kikwang said. 



♠♠♠


“Minji.” Taemin said.

“Starting caring now, are we?” Minji retorted with an icy tone.

“Minji.”

“Just leave, Taemin. You did it before. You left me when I needed you the most. It’s easy, just open the door and leave.”

“Will you just listen?”

“It’s not easy talking to a person who doesn’t want to listen, does it? Like you did.”

“I didn’t get in a fight in Itaewon like Kikwang hyung said. I was the one who saved you. Don’t you remember?”

“Remember? I don’t remember seeing you. You weren’t there. Stop lying.”

“You didn’t even remember my voice? What the hell, Minji.”

“Shut up. I don’t even want to see you right now. Just go. I thought you were different. You are the same as I have thought you are.”

“Why won’t you believe me?”

“The same thing why you didn’t believe me when I’m telling the truth, Taemin.”

The door opened and it revealed the nurse with the keys, Kikwang, Jiyong, Seunghyun and Bom. 

“Mr. Lee, you know you shouldn’t be out of your bed. You are still here for observation, whatever the thing that hit you on the head is serious.” The nurse said. But Taemin didn’t listen instead he lunged to Kikwang and grabbed his shirt’s collar. He hissed on Kikwang’s ear, “Tell her the truth.”

“What truth?” Kikwang feigned innocence. Seunghyun arched his eyebrow on what is happening. 

“TAEMIN!!” Luna shouted and pried Taemin’s hands off Kikwang. Minho held Taemin back. 

“Seriously, why are you angry? You are angrier than the moment you and Sulli broke up.” Minho said.

“Just leave Taemin and stop lying.” Minji said with bitterness. She looked at him with hurt, disappointment, and pain.

“Fine. I’ll leave and take care of yourself, Minji. Have a nice life and keep yourself out of trouble. I’m not always there to protect and save you.” Taemin retorted with voice full of pain and venom. He left the room.

Seunghyun just observed what happened. ‘Something isn’t right. With him acting like that, something is not adding up.



♠♠♠


Five days later:

Yes, I’m still his slave for eleven days. He got discharge later than me. Kikwang oppa and I went to dates when I’m free. Taemin did what I said. He never spoke to me nor give sh*t to what I do. I would go to their dorm since I’m his slave but he’s already out by the time I get there. There are all kinds of post its inside his room with things to do. This is the fifth day, I haven’t seen him. Kinda, okay with me, I guess. Until I heard Minho oppa shouting. It wasn’t like him to be shouting. 

“JUST WHAT THE HECK DID YOU DO NOW, TAEMIN?” I went out to the living room to find out.

“Chill, hyung. I was just out with some nice girls, drinking, having fun. Care to join me sometime? They kiss great and do other things if you ask them nicely.” Taemin said as he the lip gloss off his lips. Ew. He have so many lipstick smudges on his neck. Is he getting worse?

“What is going on here?” Kibum oppa asked with a spatula at hand. He’s freaking wasted, oppa, that is what is happening.

“Oh, hello, umma. You know if you hit me on the head with that spatula in your hand, who knows, I might bleed to death? Hahahahaha. I’m freaking careless to be beaten up in an alley anyway.”

“Just put him to bed.” JinKi oppa said and Minho oppa held him.. Then, he saw me. “Oh, you are still here? Leave. I assume you did everything. I don’t want to see you.” He said to me. It kind of hurt but I am mad at him. He yanked his arm away from Minho oppa’s hand, went to his room, thrown my bag at me and closed the door with a bang.

“He is just cranky, Minji. Not to mention wasted.” Kibum oppa said.

“It’s okay. I know.” 

“Should I drive you back to your dorm? It’s kind of late.” Minho oppa said. 

“Kikwang oppa is going to pick me up. Thanks for the offer though.” I answered and he just smiled.

“See you tomorrow, Minji.” They all said and I left.



♠♠♠


She is here. Damn. I should’ve stayed with Sohyun a little longer. Seeing her makes me feel pain and hurt all over again. Not to mention betrayal, lies, more pain and it gives me a headache.

“Oh, you are still here? Leave. I assume you did everything. I don’t want to see you.” I said to her. I went to my room. I leaned my back on the door. She’s just on the other side. She’s talking with my hyungs. Her melodic voice resonates in every part of my body, my hands aching to open the door and hug her. However her next words stopped my hands from opening the door.

“Kikwang oppa is going to pick me up. Thanks for the offer though.” She said with sweetness that it made my skin crawl. I slid down to the floor. I’ve lost her. She doesn’t even want to believe me. I’m the liar in her eyes not her precious oppa. 

She left. I heard the door closed. Footsteps are coming closer to my door. Banging starts at 3, 2,1.

“Lee Taemin!! Stop acting like you lost a game!! Why the hell are you so rude to Minji?! How would you make her fall for you now?! Days are coming by fast!! What the hell are you doing?!?” Jonghyun hyung shouted at my door while banging his fist like a madman.

I don’t really care. Whatever. All I know I saved her. That’s the truth but she is too much immersed in her precious oppa’s lie. I don’t care, go on, be his till you regret you lost me. How would you ever react when you learn the truth? Psh. Whatever.

Where’s that freaking vodka bottle? There. Need this to sleep. What the hell? I didn’t put any post it on it.

Stop drinking. You’ll get liver cirrhosis by the time you are forty.’-Slave.

Now she cares? I took off the post it, crumpled it down and thrown it to the trash bin. I took one swig of the bottle then laid down on my bed. Minutes later, I’m off to dreamland yet it is dreamless.



♠♠♠


I was having coffee with Kikwang oppa at a café. Yes, we are laughing at something happened at the set. Until someone grabbed my hand.

“Minji, come with me. I need to talk to you.” Luna said.

“Hey, Luna. We are on a date here.” Kikwang oppa said to her but Luna was pissed. 

“I couldn’t care less if you two are having a date. I have a musical practice in an hour, DJ-ing a radio show in thirty minutes and an interview in 15, so shut the hell up.” She said.

She dragged me to a secluded area of the café. “What the hell is up with you two?”

“What do you mean? I’m on a date.” I asked her.

“Not him, I mean Taemin.” She said with her teeth grinding with anger.

“Oh. Him. Nothing.”

“Oh for the love of whatever is holy! Stop acting like crap. The both of you. So what if he didn’t save you like you thought he would? He didn’t try to find you? Minji, are you freaking blind? Why do you think he got into a fight?”

“I don’t know. Maybe he kissed another guy’s girlfriend? He’s a playboy and a first class I might add.”

She rolled her eyes and I could really see her angry and mad.

“He was all over the place like a madman looking for you. He didn’t sleep not even a wink when you were missing. He slipped out of our grasp just to find you. To tell you the truth, I don’t buy what Kikwang said that he got into a fight in Itaewon because he pissed off some guy and had his head smashed like that. SuJu oppas taught him how to fight against thirteen guys. He always manages to win without a single scratch on him.”

“Luna. Breathe. There is nothing that could change now. Go on to your schedules.” I said to her.

“Fine, just so you know, Minji, he’s with Sohyun.” Then, she left.



♠♠♠


THREE DAYS LATER:

TOP. FREAKING BIG BANG’S CHOI SEUNGHYUN GRAZING HIS PRESENCE ON A PARTICULAR CLUB WITH NO DISGUISES AND GIRLS SWOONING OVER HIM. Just who is that guy? Well, it’s me. I’m gorgeous. That sounded narcissistic but anyways.

“Yo! Bartender!” I called.

“Yes? What would you like sir?” 

“Give me something that you think fits my image.” 

“Okay.” The bartender said with confusion evident in his voice.

“Wait, let me ask you these two guys came last week?” I showed him the pictures.



♠♠♠


I finished cleaning his room. I took his vodka bottles away and put it on Kibum oppa’s room. Of course, I’m the only one who could enter Kibum oppa’s room except Jonghyun oppa. Like seriously, what is the need of him drinking vodka? He could really damage his liver. 

Now I’m off to organizing his manga collection. I went to the bookshelf. One Piece huh? The manga slipped of my grip and fell. I picked it up and something fell. It was a picture. I took a closer look and it was a picture of me sleeping. When was it taken? Who took it? How come he has this?

I looked at the back of the picture and something was written. 

‘Keeping me sane at the same time driving me crazy.’ What the hell does it even mean? I was startled by the sound of the front door opening. I slip my picture to his manga and started to arrange his collection. I heard a girl’s voice.

“Oppa, you are mean.” The girl said.

“I’m not. Want to go to my room?” He said. What the freaking mindless idiot? Kibum oppa will freak out. The doorknob creaked, signaling that it is opening. 

Too late, they entered the room. I don’t even know why the hell I’m under his bed. What am I? A kid who is afraid of getting caught?

“Oppa.” Is that Sohyun? No, it’s not her voice.

“Hm? Want to shower first?” What? Shower? What are they going to do? Oh my. Oh my. This is not good. I can’t. I have to save this stupid girl from losing something.



♠♠♠


“So you mean, Dongho is your friend?” Seunghyun asked.

“Yes, I’m Hyejun. He brought Taemin-ssi here. They asked me about Gio. I told them that Gio was in his room and Taemin sped away. The next thing I know, Dongho was running back but a customer asked for a drink from me and I was distracted for a minute. Then, I saw Dongho was sprawled on the staircase with his head bleeding. So, I called an ambulance. When I came back, I saw you guys getting the girl from the Beast guy, then Gio bleeding to death.. I was about to ask where Taemin-ssi is but the Beast guy said he saw him at the alley. I overheard him telling you guys, that Taemin got into a fight with random guys. That’s kind of weird because I should’ve seen Taemin at the alley like he said but I didn’t. No one would dare to fight at that alley because of the gangs around here and they set up the rules. If you fight on their turf, you die. That’s why it’s peaceful here.”

“Do you have a surveillance camera here?” Seunghyun asked.

“Yes.” Hyejun answered.

“Can you bring the tapes that recorded what happened that night?”

“Sure. Wait a moment.”

Someone’s lying. I hate liars the most.’



♠♠♠


“Yes. It’s your freaking fault that grape juice spilled all over me.” The girl said.

“Go on then. I’ll wait for you here on my bed.” He said.

“Sure. Freaking gross. Stop it.” The girl said and she went out.

“Come out from under the bed. Go. Before she sees you.” He said to me. I crawled out and dusted off my clothes.

“You can go now.” That is all he said to me. I don’t even know why I am angry. Before I stopped myself, “Whatever you are doing, stop it.”

“What am I doing exactly? Why should I listen to you? Who are you to me?” he answered. I couldn’t answer that. Who am I to him? 

I grabbed my bag which is next to him on his bed. As I went close, that scent lingered for a moment. The scent of the guy who saved me. But it was Kikwang oppa.

“Go on. Leave.” He said nonchalantly at me.

“Don’t get too much fun.” I said and went out. My heart was beating like crazy. I don’t get it. That scent. My mind is playing tricks on me and paralyzing my sense of smell. I need to go and rest.



♠♠♠


“She left?” Minjung asked me. Yes, Minjung, my cousin. Don’t get any ideas. I am not crazy and definitely I’m not screwing my cousin. She’s visiting me. I was playing tricks on her when I accidentally spilled her grape juice.

“Yes.” I answered.

“Why?”

“Because I told her to.”

“Did you screw her? Oh my. What the hell happened to my innocent cousin?” She asked with sarcasm.

“Minjung, I didn’t screw her. Stop with that talk.”

“Why are you pushing her away?” I was off guard with her question. 

“I didn’t push her away. She pushed me away and I’m just doing what she wants me to do.”

“You are just respecting her decision?”

“Yes.”

“Oh go ahead and be a blockhead. If you love her like you told me a while ago on our cousin play date, think of a plan on how to expose the lie of that guy. Freaking stupid. You told me you were trained under the evil maknaes of your company but you wouldn’t put that to use?”

“Oh, shut up, Minjung. When did you get so talkative?”

“Since you became an idiot.” Minjung said and punched me on my stomach.

“Why are you with 4Minute’s maknae?”

“Because I told her she won’t get a boyfriend.”

“Logic isn’t working, explain further.”

“I know when she’s going out on a date, then I ruin it for her by saying, I’m with her. Then, I leave her in her misery. I’ll make her forever alone. That’s the price she has to pay for getting me angry. Maybe, I’ll ruin her image as well, I’m planning on it.”

“Great. Just great. Why don’t you use your head and just leave her alone? Instead, find a solution for the girl you love to believe you.” Minjung said and I received another round of punches.

“Minjung, let me help you with disciplining your cousin.” That voice. I’m dead.

“Luna!! Come on and help me make him see sense!!” Minjung said. My life is over.



♠♠♠


“That stupid son of a—“ I shouted at the monitor. This Hyejun dude covered my mouth before I completed that swear.

“Sir, I mean hyung, your reputation.” He said as if reminding me. Kikwang lied. It was Lee Taemin who saved my maknae and he is taking credit for it. That’s why Lee Taemin was angry at the hospital. 

Kikwang you b*stard! There is no way I’m letting you be my maknae’s boyfriend. I’ll make sure of that. 



♠♠♠