Chapter 1 Fixed Star

Real Story

Are you really leaving me for him? You’re really choosing him over me?
He’s offering everything I need.” answered the girl but her face was not clear and she was slowly fading away.Sunggyu followed her and to his surprise his surroundings changed and saw a lot of people surrounding a certain car. He went closer and suddenly…
He was gasping for breath. “It was only a dream.” he said to himself and sat up. He looked at the time and it was 12:40 in the morning.
It’s been a year already huh?” he said while looking at a picture which was placed on his desk.
He got up from bed and took a bath. After bathing and changing clothes he got his keys and drove off. He arrived at a house which took him about an hour to reach.
He knocked on the door a few times before someone opened it.
I’m not surprised you’re here but don’t you think it’s too early? You do know that I need to sleep?” said the girl but still signaled him to enter.
I had that dream again.” he said as he sat down. “Is it because it’s near?” he continued.
It’s just a dream. You should let go of her memories or you’ll just end up having those dreams forever. It’s her choice you don’t need to feel any guilt.
It’s really hard to forget and I feel like it just happened. I have a lot of regrets.
I know how it feels to lose someone important. I know it’s really hard I’m having a hard time as well but we can’t do anything it already happened. We can’t turn back time.
Can I stay here? I feel that if I would go back to sleep I won’t wake up.
What’s the difference?” she asked.
The difference is if I ever have that dream again there would be someone waking me up and that is you.” he answered and looked at her straight in the eyes.
Fine but you can’t be like this forever.” she said. “You can stay in the guest room.” she added and went upstairs to her room.
After a few hours it was already 9 in the morning. Sunggyu woke up and went down.
Don’t you have work?” asked Seungyeon.
I think I’ll skip this day.” he answered.
Well if you’re skipping please lock the door when you leave. I need to go or I’ll be late.
Let me take you to work it’s the least I can do for letting me stay for the night.
Sunggyu went ahead and Seungyeon locked the doors and followed.
When they got there…
Thanks for dropping me by.” she said and got out.
Sunggyu lowered the window opposite to his to say goodbye.
By the way are you going to visit them? Auntie was asking?” she said.
Of course I will.” he said and then waved his hand and drove off.
Seungyeon just followed the car with her eyes.
Why must it happen to you anyway?” she said to herself as she walked inside the big building.
The next day he left home early and had a two and a half hour of driving.
Thank you for coming.” a woman in her mid 30’s said.
I promised that I would always come and visit.” he said and hug the said person.
I have something important to tell you.” she said and signaled him to sit down.
When they were settled…
What is it Auntie?” he asked.
I guess my daughter didn’t tell you.
Tell me what?
She was bearing a child when the accident happened.
Sunggyu was so surprised at the sudden news that he wasn’t able to speak.
She told me that she would break up with you for that very reason. She doesn’t want you to be burdened she never really chose anyone. I’m sorry that I only told you this just now.
Why didn’t she tell me? I’ll take responsibility.” he said.
But it was from her previous boyfriend and she knew that would be your decision but she said that she couldn’t face you anymore.
If knew earlier I would’ve let her go.” he said and stood up. “I’ll be getting some fresh air.” he politely said and left.
The time he left was the time Seungyeon came in.
What happened?” she asked after greeting her.
She explained everything and Seungyeon had the same reaction as Sunggyu she was so shocked that she couldn’t speak.
Just let him be.” her auntie said.
They started the rituals without Sunggyu because they thought that he wouldn’t be back. After that everyone left and Seungyeon also bid goodbye.

 

 

 

 

~what do you guys think?~