07

Looking For Their Princess

All twelve of them gathered around the couch, watching Heechul. The redhead watched them calmly, waiting for an answer.

"Well.." Joonmyeon cleared his throat. "To begin with, none of us are from Earth."

"Then where are you from, the moon?"

He ignored the question. "We're from planet Exo, a guardian planet that watches over Earth."

"It's just the twelve of us on Exo." Sehun supplied. "Until we all turn eighteen, that is."

"What happens when you turn eighteen?" Heechul asked, deciding to play along with them. At least until he could get away.

"The Oracle sends us dreams so we can find our princess." Baekhyun spoke up. "Once we find her - or him - we have to take the princess back to Exo."

"Before the Shadows get here." Chanyeol murmured.

"What are Shadows?" Heechul demanded.

"Demons." Yixing explained. "Nasty little creatures. They travel through actual shadows. If they get to Earth, it'll be hard to get rid of them."

The redhead nodded, turning his attention to Baekhyun. "Don't think I didn't notice what you said. That's why you're all telling me this, isn't it? You think I'm your princess. Just one problem, I'm a guy."

Jongdae gave him a slow smile. "Had to happen sometime. Our princess being a guy, I mean."

Minseok nodded his agreement. "You're the princess - prince."

Heechul decided it was time for him to stop playing. "Do you guys really believe that? That.. That you're from some other planet? And that I'm a prince?"

"I knew he wouldn't believe us." Luhan said, shaking his head.

"You thought I'd believe that crazy story? Shadows and guardian planets and powers?! You guys need to get some help."

You shouldn't mock them, Kim Heechul.

Heechul jumped at the unexpected voice, looking around at the other men. "Who said that?"

I am the Oracle and you are the ruler of Exo.

"I'm not a ruler of anything. Now come out and show yourself!"

Bring him to Exo, Jongin.

Jongin stepped forward, looking smug.

Heechul immediately started walking backwards. "No, you don't. I'll admit you guys are good. I have no idea how you pulled this all off, but you're not taking me anywhere."

Unnoticed, Kyungsoo and Yifan slipped up behind the redhead, grabbing him before he could get any further. "Come on, Jongin. Get us back."

The younger man nodded, taking hold of Heechul's shirt. He made sure everyone was touching him in some way before they all disappeared in a puff of smoke.