14

Looking For Their Princess

Yifan!

They all stiffened up, having all heard the voice. It was Heechul.

Junmyeon put his hand firmly on Jongin's shoulder, reminding him he couldn't teleport. Not in front of the man who was currently staring them down.

"How did you find us?" Sehun asked, not caring about his tone of voice. Their prince needed them.

"You guys were the last customers Heechul hyung served." Kyuhyun told him. "I want to know what happened."

"We talked, he talked, he fainted." Chanyeol spoke up irritably. "That's all that happened."

"What did you talk about?"

"The price of kimchi in Japan." Jongdae snapped.

Kyuhyun merely arched one eyebrow.

"We thought we recognized him." Junmyeon said quickly. "He assured us that he wasn't someone we knew and asked us what we wanted. He fainted when we were trying to decide."

"Then why were you waiting for him outside?" The older man directed his attention to Jongin.

"To kidnap him and him." He replied sarcastically.

"Hmm, why are you all so defensive?"

"Maybe because you burst into our apartment and started implying that we had something to with Heechul's memory loss." Tao replied.

"I apologize then." Kyuhyun replied, not looking sorry at all. "Now, please tell me why you were waiting for him."

Jongin shrugged. "Junmyeon hyung asked me to wait at the cafe to see if he was alright. We felt bad about what had happened."

"Then why didn't you all wait?"

Yifan snorted from his position in the doorway. "Twelve guys waiting in front of a building? Someone would've called the cops on us. Use your head, hyung."

Kyuhyun frowned at him but didn't say anything. "Sounds reasonable." He replied. "Yet something tells me that you're lying."

Minseok gave him an icy smile. "Now why would we lie about something as simple as a man fainting?"

"I don't know." Kyuhyun replied. "But I'll find out why."

"We appreciate that you're worried about your friend, but we don't tolerate rudeness." Yifan spoke again. "I think it's time for you to leave. Your friend will be missing you, I bet."

Kyuhyun looked at all of them, not saying anything. Then he nodded. "You're right. I'll go." He got up, walking over to the door and went out.

Yifan followed him, locking the door. Hyung, gwenchana? He asked, reaching out to where he could feel Heechul.

It was a few minutes before they got a reply. I need to see you guys. Please?

An image of Yifan looking like he'd been beaten up showed briefly.

He definitely remembers, Yifan told Junmyeon privately.

He remembers you dying.

He remembers us all dying.

He only called your name.There was silence and Junmyeon continued. Seems like you're his mate again.

It could be any of us.. You know that.

He called your name.

He also remembered his first life as our princess, where I was his mate. He - she - died before me, remember? It makes sense that he'd yell my name.

Junmyeon was the one to stay silent this time.

Didn't you try to reach out and see what he was doing?

No..

I did. He was asleep. And if he was asleep, he probably had a nightmare. A nightmare in which he remembered watching us die. Don't you think it's possible he thought he was calling my name in the nightmare?

It's possible. Junmyeon reluctantly agreed.

Then think of that and stop insisting that I'm his mate. For all we know it could be Jongdae or Jongin.

He could hear a faint trace of humor in the other man's voice as he replied. Let's hope not. Those two would drive him crazy.