025

Looking For Their Princess

Heechul stepped into the basement with Chanyeol, looking around the room. It was larger than he'd expected, and empty. Except for the figure standing in the middle of the room. "Hey, Tao." He said absentmindedly.

"Tao," Chanyeol greeted cheerfully, walking up to the other man and throwing his arm around his shoulders. "Mind if we practice here?"

Tao lifted one eyebrow, looking at them both. "I'm guessing he's working on controlling his powers. And if you're here, he's working on fire."

"Yeah. Can't wait until he's able to fly."

"Fly?" Heechul cut in.

"Yeah. Didn't you know that Yifan can fly?"

The redhead puffed out his cheeks. "I think you should tell me exactly what powers you guys have."

"Well, you already know Jongin's, Sehun's, Junmyeon's, Baekhyun's, Yixing's, Minseok's, Yifan's, Tao's and my powers. Luhan has telekinesis, Jongdae generates and controls lightning, and Kyungsoo controls earth."

"Oh, good. I get to look forward to lightning, earthquakes and moving stuff with my mind then." He grumbled.

"And flying." Tao told him.

"And manipulating time. " Chanyeol added with a grin.

"Why are you both so calm? I could easily kill someone with some of these powers.."

"You almost did once."

Heechul looked over at Tao curiously. "What?"

"In one of your previous incarnations. One thing you always keep is your temper. I guess Chanyeol kept bugging you once and you ended up encasing him in ice." Tao shrugged. "If we weren't immortal..."

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about that." Chanyeol grinned. "I had to use my powers to melt the ice and you kept pouring on more ice. Until Junmyeon stopped you, of course. Not that I'd have died."

"Yeah, I know. You were made immortal as a punishment so you wouldn't forget my deaths." Heechul replied.

"Yeah." Chanyeol smiled weakly. "Shall we get started?"

"I'll get the targets set up." Tao told them, going over to a small cabinet. He pulled out several small flat, round disks, hanging them up around the basement.

"Alright, can you hit the targets? With your fire."

Heechul growled at Chanyeol. "Of course I can."

"And if they're moving?" Tao pressed something and the targets all started dancing around on their hooks.

Heechul growled again, focusing on the closest target. Fire gathered in his palms and he held one hand up, blowing on the fire. A long stream of flames shot off his palm, streaking towards the target and hitting it.

"That's new." Chanyeol commented, watching the target explode in flames.

"Not really." Was Tao's reply as he watched Heechul do the same to all the targets. "He's creating a breeze to send the flames to the target. Rather creative, combining his powers like that. Maybe you and Sehun could work together next time we fight the Shadows."

"It would be kind of cool to be able to do that." Chanyeol admitted. 

Heechul turned to them both. "Well? Am I done now?" he demanded.

Tao glanced at Chanyeol. "Well?"

The brunette looked between them both then sighed. "Fine, go tell Junmyeon you've got control over your flames."