021

Looking For Their Princess

Junmyeon hissed as claws raked down his arm, jerking out of reach of the Shadow.

Get to Heechul, hyung. You're bleeding.

He shook his head, glancing over at Chanyeol. I have to help you.

Water isn't very good against Shadows and you know that. Get over to Heechul.

Junmyeon rolled his eyes. Fine, fine. He crouched down a little, sidling along the wall to get to Heechul.

The redhead met up with him, his breathing heavy. He'd just finished healing Minseok who'd also been raked by the Shadow. "Why can't you guys stay healed?" He grumbled as he ran his hand over the deep cut in his arm. 

Junmyeon groaned, feeling his sliced muscles coming back together. Biting his lip, he looked around the alley to distract himself. A shiver ran up his spine as he saw two more Shadows appearing and creeping up behind Minseok and Chanyeol.

Heechul must've seen them as well, judging by the sharp hiss beside him. "That's enough!" He stomped past Junmyeon, ignoring the other man's attempts to stop him. "I will not let you hurt them!" 

The Shadows stopped as if they'd run into a glass wall and Joonmyeon was certain that if Shadows had faces, they'd be looking confused.

He glanced over at Heechul, doing a double take when he saw him. Was he glowing? His hair and clothes were ruffling like a wind was surrounding him, and there seemed to be a glow around him. Almost like he was also surrounded by...

Chanyeol, Minseok, get down! He yelled telepathically, realizing what was about to happen, even as he ducked down behind the dumpster.

Both men immediately ducked down when they heard him, just as fire shot over their heads towards the Shadow they'd been fighting.

The Shadow let out a high-pitched scream that had them all clapping their hands over their ears. All except for Heechul, who seemed unaffected.

The other two Shadows tried to disappear when they saw what happened but Heechul shot fire at them both before they could, more screams rending the air as they burned.

When Junmyeon was sure it was safe, he looked up just in time to see Chanyeol catch Heechul as he fainted.