016

Looking For Their Princess

Jongin lurked around the cafe, taking quick peeks inside to watch Heechul.

Are you going to come inside? You're scaring the customers.

Jongin flushed, realizing he'd been caught, and straightened up. I'm just making sure you're alright. Isn't it too soon to be working?

I can't be lounging around my apartment. I've got my memory back, what else do I need to do?

Learn to control your powers. Have you gained any control?

There was a pause, Jongin leaning back against the building as he waited for a response.

"Why are you here?"

He jumped, not expecting to hear the voice. Looking up, he saw Heechul's friend Kyuhyun walking towards him. "I was checking on hyung."

"By sitting in front of the building?" Kyuhyun arched one eyebrow. "Wouldn't it be easier to go inside?"

Jongin resisted the urge to teleport away from him. "I did go inside." He lied.

"And now you're lurking around just like the first time. Don't you live anywhere?"

"Of course. I was just.."

"Just?" Kyuhyun asked, arching his eyebrow.

"..Going home." Jongin replied, turning around to walk down an alley. Once he was sure he was out of sight, he ducked behind a wall, peeking out to see if Kyuhyun was still out there. 

The older man stood outside the cafe, looking at the path he'd taken before finally walking into the cafe again.

Jongin smiled to himself, ducking back behind the wall to wait another minute before popping back out.

"Thought you were going home?" 

The teleporter let out an undignified yelp, a cloud of smoke enveloping him as he instinctively teleported away. In his haste, he didn't feel the hand grabbing his sleeve.