10

Looking For Their Princess

Joonmyeon jumped back when Heechul's eyes snapped open. They glowed as green as the smoke remaining in the orb did. "...Hyung?"

"He's alright. I'll be done with him soon."

It was strange hearing the Oracle's voice coming from a human body, he decided. "What's happening now?"

"He needs to figure out who his mate - or mates - is. Close your eyes, Heechul."

Joonmyeon watched as Heechul obeyed the command.

****

Now what?

Look inside of yourself. The power you carry will match your mate's power.

They're not all my mates?

Of course not. One or two is your mate, the rest are just your protectors.

Heechul let himself fall towards a white light, slowly moving close to it.

This is your power. Call it out to you.

How was he supposed to do that? He wondered. He raised one hand, feeling like a pabo, beckoning for the light. Immediately a stream of light - no, fire - hit him in the chest.

Now open your eyes.

Heechul opened one eye then the other as he realized exactly what he was seeing. Are they all supposed to be glowing?

Well. The Oracle sounded almost confused. That's never happened before. There's only supposed to be one or two glowing, not all of them.

What does that mean?

It means you're mated to all twelve of the Guardians.