11

Looking For Their Princess

The smoke flowed out of Heechul and back into the orb.

Yixing and Luhan caught the older man as his knees buckled. "Are you alright, gege?"

Heechul coughed and slowly pulled himself up. "I'm fine.."

"You remember." Jongdae was looking straight at him.

He nodded. "I do remember."

"Everything?" Yifan asked.

Heechul was silent for a minute. "Neh, everything." He replied. "Can I go back home now?"

"This is-" Jongin started to say but he was cut off by Joonmyeon.

"Of course, hyung." The brunette replied, giving the teleporter a look. He just had the biggest shock of his life, if it comforts him to think of Earth as his home, then let him. Now take us back.

Jongin pouted but rounded everyone up and made sure they all had a hold on him or on someone who was touching him before they all disappeared in a puff of smoke.

****

Heechul went back to his apartment and went to bed. It was two days before someone came looking for him.

****

"Hyung!" Knocknocknocknock "Hyung! Are you there?"

He slowly became aware that someone was knocking on his door yet lay on his bed passively.

"He's not answering, I need your key."

The voice was familiar, someone he knew. But who was it? He had so many faces, so many names running through his mind. He wasn't even sure he knew who he was anymore.

There was a loud click and suddenly the door opened, followed by the sounds of footsteps. "Heechul hyung!"

The second voice was just as familiar as the first but he still couldn't put a name to the voice. Heechul? Is that my name?

The bedroom door rattled before opening up. Two young men were framed in the doorway, one was tall, much taller than him. "Hyung!"

The taller man - skinny with red hair - rushed towards him, babbling in a language he didn't recognize.

The other man followed behind him. "Korean, Mi. You know he doesn't understand Chinese."

The redhead smiled sheepishly. "Oh, right. Mianhae."

The other man reached up and switched on the light.

He groaned at the brightness, trying to burrow further under his blanket.

"He looks horrible..." The redhead - Mi - said.

He also has ears, he thought to himself but didn't say out loud.

The other man reached out and uncovered him. "You are going to take a shower while we make you some food. Then you're going to tell us why you've been in bed for two days."

He opened his mouth to tell off the man - who did he think he was? - but all that emerged was a croak followed by a series of harsh coughs.

"Aish.." The man pulled him into a sitting position, patting him on the back. "Get him something to drink!"

The taller man left the room and soon came back with a glass. He walked to the bed, holding it to his lips so he could drink.

He drank greedily, wincing as the water hit his dry throat. He hadn't even known he was that thirsty. Once he'd had enough, he pushed the other man away. "Who are you?" He demanded.

The two men exchanged looks. "You know us, hyung.. You work with us." The redhead said slowly.

"Just tell me who you are." And who I am.

"I'm Zhou Mi.. This is Kyuhyun."

"You really don't know our names?" The younger man - Kyuhyun - demanded, bending down to look into his eyes.

"I don't even know who I am anymore!" The words burst out before he could think about them.