022

Looking For Their Princess

"Is he alright?" Kyuhyun demanded, trying to push past Jongin to get to Chanyeol and Heechul.

"He's fine," Junmyeon replied, thinking about what he'd seen. The way the new Shadows had acted.. Almost like they'd run into a wall even though there was no wall. Had that been Heechul?

"Then why did he faint? Again?"

"He used powers he doesn't have control over," Minseok told him. "It overloaded his body when he was already tired from teleporting and healing us. He'll be fine once he gets some rest."

Kyuhyun looked around at them all. "Take care of him. There's a lot of us who consider him important. It's not just you aliens."

Baekhyun arched his eyebrow. "We aren't aliens. We're human too, we're just more... developed."

"Developed?" Kyuhyun looked him over. "You're not going to develop s or anything like that, are you?"

Junmyeon resisted the urge to hit his head against the wall as Chanyeol started laughing. "He means advanced, not developed."

"I know." Kyuhyun smirked. "I just couldn't let him get away with that comment."

"Jongin, please make sure Kyuhyun gets home. Then come back and get us home."

"Alright, hyung. But what if Shadows try to go after him?"

"We killed all the Shadows in the alley."

"That doesn't mean anything."

"Wait, am I in danger now?" Kyuhyun interrupted them.

Junmyeon glanced over at him. "You might be." he admitted. "Heechul revealed himself when he killed those Shadows. He also showed that he cares for you. If there were more Shadows that we didn't see, they might know about your connection to him."

"And what about the others? The guys working at the cafe?"

"Well, as long as he doesn't show anything but basic friendship with them, they should be fine."

Kyuhyun was silent for a minute. "Me and Zhou Mi are his best friends. If you're going to do any kind of protection for me, you'll have to do the same for him."

Junmyeon groaned. "This is getting way too complicated... Why couldn't he have been reincarnated anywhere else?"