Ricky

He Wants A Noona, But I'm His Dongsaeng

  I was sitting on my desk, swinging my legs around because I knew Jonghyun would be back today. I know he doesn't remember me, but I was happy that he's alive! That's more important than him being dead! I'll somehow make him remember me. I could tell that he's gathering his memory slowly, but surely. Soon, he'll remember me fully and I won't have to worry about him liking my Unnie.

  "Ahn Nyeong Dongsaeng!" I hear Ricky call out to me.

  My eye twitches and I turn to him. "You know I don't like people calling me Dongsaeng."

  He laughs his goofy laugh and scratches the back of his head. "Mianhe, In Young."

  I have met Ricky on the first day of high school and we became friends after that. I wasn't expecting him to come up to me like that, but here's what happened.

_______________________________________________________________________________

  I was walking to my new high school, feeling sort of depressed because Jonghyun wasn't there with me. (This was before I had visited him.) It was time to check what classroom I was set in, but people were crowding around the board, so I couldn't see. I tried pushing through, but people shoved me back until I was out on the side lines.

  "Kwenchana?" I hear someone ask. It was a boy; I knew that by his tone.

  I look at him and immediately found his pretty eyes. I nodded. I was no longer the scared girl I was back in middle school and I have contacts rather than my old glasses, so I wouldn't have trouble with students asking me to do their homework. I wonder what this boy was doing.

  "What's your name and what grade?" He asked.

  "Hwang In Young, first year."

  "Omo! A Freshman! No wonder you look so young and short." He laughed. "Wait here." I watched him as he went through the crowd, smoothly. Why can't they do that to me? I was being pushed around and look at him! He didn't get shoved one bit! Oh, wait... Now he did.

  Soon, he was drowned by the wave of students and I could no longer see him. I stood on my tip toes, trying to get a glimpse of his black hair, but that color was too common...

  After a couple of minutes, he came back, smiling widely. "You're in Class 1-A. I'll show you where that is." He held out his hand and I took it. I knew he wasn't threatening, so why not go with him?

  "What's your name?" I ask him timidly as he led me inside the school. I could feel eyes on me, but I didn't pay attention to them much.

  "I'm Changhyun, but you can call me Ricky."

  "Okay." I smile. "What grade are you in?"

  "Third Year."

  Omo! Same like Jonghyun! "Do you know Jonghyun?! Choi Jonghyun!"

  He looks at me. "Mm. I do know him. He's in my class, but we don't really talk. Waeyo? You have a crush on him?" He teased.

  Even if he was teasing, I didn't mind tell him the truth. "Ne. I do have a crush on him."

  His eyes widened. "Omo! I was right. Aish, you're so cute!" He pinched my cheek. "I'll help you get him. I promise, so we're now friends, starting... Now." He flashed a smile and his eyes seemed to sparkle. I have never seen such eyes like that. They're so pretty!

  I nodded my head once. "Ne!"

_______________________________________________________________________________

  "What's up?" he asks.

  "Jonghyun's coming back." A smile spreads across my face without me knowing.

  He begins poking me, making me laugh. "Oh! Someone here is happy!"

  "But... I told you he doesn't remember me... What am I suppose to do?"

  He taps his chin, then, "Don't worry about it. I'm sure you can win his heart even if he doesn't remember you. All you're doing is starting over. But then there's your Unnie..."

  "Exactly! So what am I suppose to do?"

  He pats my shoulder. "Like I said, don't worry about it. You'll be fine." The warning bell rings. "I got to go! See you later!" He kisses my cheek and leaves.

  That kiss doesn't mean anything. It was just a thing he does when he leaves. He does that to a lot of students and sometimes I tend to think he's either gay or a player, but I know neither of that is true. I don't know why he does it, but it doesn't bother me.

  It was funny whenever he did that to me for the first time. I completely panicked over it while Ricky was calm.

________________________________________________________________________________

  "Here's your class." Ricky exclaimed, pointing at the sign that said 1-A.

  I bowed. "Kamsamnida."

  "Gomawo." He corrected.

  "Mwuh?"

  "You don't have to talk to me formally, but you do have to call me Oppa."

  I glare at him. "I'm not going to..."

  "Waeyo?!" He took me in his arms and squeezed me tightly. "Wae?! I'm going to call you Dongsaeng then!"

  "Aniyo!" I exclaimed, pushing him away. "I don't like being called Dongsaeng."

  "Then call me Oppa." He leaned down to my level and tapped my nose.

  I blink from his touch and scrunched my nose. "Fine. I'll call you Ricky Oppa."

  Satisfied, he grinned widely. "I'll see you at lunch then, In Young?"

  I nodded. "Mm! Since you're basically the only one I know who comes to this school other than Jonghyun."

  "No middle school friends?"

  "I do, but... They don't go here."

  "Oh. See you later, then!" He kissed my cheek, but just stood there. I guess he wanted to see my reaction at that time.

  I took a step back. "Yah! What was that for?!" 

 He laughed. "Don't worry. I do that to a lot of people."

  "Waeyo?!" I start panicking again. Is he really telling the truth?! Does he really do that to a lot of people?! I don't want to get in trouble with other girls. Is he a player or is he... gay? I don't know?! Ah!

  Ricky winked. "No reason." With that, he left.

  I cried inside. Why did he have to do that?!

________________________________________________________________________________

  Once the bell rang, I begin looking out the window, wondering if Jonghyun was inside his classroom. I don't know why he wants to be called Changjo all of a sudden. Before, he used his orginal name. Why change it now? Hopefully at lunch Ricky would tell him to eat with us. I want to get close to him again, like in the old days... Is someone calling my name?

  "----- Hwang In Young! In Young!"

  "Ne, Songsaengnim!" I stand up from my chair and hear snickers around the room.

  "I'm taking attendance. Now sit down."

  I slowly go down and slouch. Aish! So embarrassing!

________________________________________________________________________________

  Wow! Lots of subscribers already >.< LOL At least that's a lot for me >.< Thankies for reading! Comment and subscribe. Maybe even friend! >.<