First Day

He Wants A Noona, But I'm His Dongsaeng

   It was lunch time and I was suppose to meet with Ricky in the cafeteria, but he text me, saying that we'll be eating at the roof top. Not only that, but Jonghyun would be there. I was practically skipping down the halway, excited that I'll be able to talk to Jonghyun more. Students may have been staring, but I don't care.

  I still don't understand why he wants to be called Changjo... 

  I climb up the stairs, lunch in my hand. It would be Jonghyun's "first day." I wonder if he would remember anything other than Unnie. Since I haven't been in this school when he was here, I know he won't remember anything about me.

  When I enter the roof, I found Jonghyun and Ricky sitting together, eating there lunch. There was nobody else. I thought this place would be crowded with students, but I guess not.

  "Ahn Nyeong Ricky, Jonghyun."

  "Changjo!" Jonghyun complains, showing his whiney side. Oh, how I missed that side of him.

  I smile and stick my tongue out. "I like Jonghyun better."

  He sneers and continues eating.

  I sit next to Ricky and whisper, "Anything happened?"

  He shakes his head. "No. Not really, but he did talk to his friends that he knew before the accident."

  "Eh?! But he doesn't remember me?"

  He shrugs. "Well, he doesn't remember me either because whenever I was talking to him, he acted like he knew me, but I explained everything to him."

  "How'd you convince him to get here?"

  "I asked."

  "That's all?!"

  "Yeah! Now shush! Changjo's looking."

  We hadn't realize that Jonghyun was listening in our conversation. I gave off an awkward laugh and ask, "So Jonghyun. What's it like being a 3rd yearer?"

  "You could just ask me," Ricky mutters and I nudge him roughly on his shoulder. He glares at me, but I ignore him, wanting to know Jonghyun's answer.

  "Same. Just harder work." He eyes the two of us. "Are you two... in a relationship?"

  "Mwuh?!" We both exclaim.

  "No!" I try explaining panickly, waving my hands.

  Ricky nearly dropped his food when he heard that and was speechless. I guess I'll be the only one that can explain everything.

  "We're just friends. He helped me out on the first day of school."

  "Ah..." His eyes trail and he leans in close to Ricky. I guess he didn't know that I could hear him because he starts saying, "She's pretty hot, don't you think?"

  My eye twitches and I clench my fist. I really hate this new Jonghyun. I don't like the way he has become. He might become a player rather than his sweet little self. Aish! I want to punch him right now for saying that about me.

  I look at Ricky who was staring at me worriedly. He mouths, "Calm down."

  I take a deep breath and close my eyes, holding in my temper. Aish! I want to hit him now! Maybe that'll knock some sense out of him!

  "Yeah. I guess," Ricky answers Jonghyun, noticing the silence.

  He smirks and leans back. "There's a lot of girls in this school that keep following me, but they're not my type. I like someone else."

  "Oh? What are your types?" Ricky ask, trying to pretend that he's interested, even if he does know that Jonghyun likes my Unnie. T^T

  "I like Noonas." He smiles. "I want someone who can take care of me."

  Again, I began to twitch, but this time, it wasn't just my eye, but my whole body. This guy... Since when did he like Noonas?! I have never heard about this! Eh... I feel like I don't know Jonghyun at all. I miss the real Jonghyun. This one's like a fabricated version, covering up the past him.

  "Noonas..." Ricky glances at me, "Dongsaengs can take care of you, too. At least they'll look young whenever you're old."

  I feel disappointed with Ricky's come back. I don't know why, but I don't think it'll be enough. This Jonghyun is more cocky than the previous one and I don't think he'll be easily convinced.

  "You're right, but at least Noonas are more mature."

  "Dongsaengs can be mature over time."

  The arguement continued and I'm just sitting there, looking helpless and annoyed. I don't know why they have to make a whole arguement with Dongsaengs and Noonas, but I'm starting to get pissed off. Just when I was going to in, I hear Jonghyun say, "I bet you're just defending Dongsaengs because you like one!"

  Ricky stands up, face bright red. I have never seen him this mad before. It doesn't suit his looks at all. "So what if I do! What's wrong with that!" After saying those words, he storms back inside, grumbling to himself.

  My heart skips a beat. What is he talking about? Does he really like a Dongsaeng or was he just saying it so that Jonghyun would leave him alone? Ah! I'm confused? What's going on? One minute I'm pissed and the next, I feel like crying by confusion and happiness?

  Jonghyun purses his lips and I hear him mumble, "I went to far."

  A sudden rage hit me and I slap him. "Yeah! You did!" I stand and grab the collar of his uniform. I really hate it when someone messes with my friend even if the person who did it was another friend. "You better apologize to him! Aish! Why are you so different?! I want the real Jonghyun back."

  He looks away. "Mianhe, if I don't remember you. It's not my fault that I had forgotten about you and remembered other people. I don't know why, but I kinda wish I didn't forget about you. You were important in my life, right, so why not tell me?"

  A tear rolls down my cheek, but I wipe it away. If I tell you, you might not believe me. It's not the same feeling. I'd rather have you experience them all over again... I shake my head. "I'm too lazy to tell you..."

  "Eh?!" His eyes widen and I wanted to laugh. So cute~

  I let him go and close one eye, pointing at his nose. "Instead of telling you, how about we do a game?"

  "A game? Like what?"

  "I'll take you to places and you tell me what you remember. It's sort of like a puzzle. Sounds fun, right?"

  His face turns bland. "No it doesn't..."

  I laugh. "Sure it does. I'll take you to the first place tomorrow. What do you think about that?"

  He taps his chin. "Alright. Where are you going to take me?"

  I shake my head and tap his nose. "It's not fun if I tell you. Showing you is better. So, are you in?"

  There was a long pause as he was thinking about it. I could tell as I see his lips purse and his face cringes. I just thought that as cute. I really, really miss the old Jonghyun.

  "Sure."

  I smile. "Good. Now apologize to Ricky!" I pull him up and lead him towards the door. When I open it, I find Ricky standing there, smiling and winking at me. Was that whole outburst all an act? I think so... That devious little... Aish!

_______________________________________________________________________________

  Ricky >.< Wow his plan was strange but it worked. I guess?