Diary Entry 3

He Wants A Noona, But I'm His Dongsaeng

  I was walking back home all by myself. It was hard to convince Jonghyun to leave me alone, but I manage to push him away. I didn’t want to, but I had to. I didn’t want him to see my helpless and weak side.

  As I pass the pastry shop, I see my Unnie’s car pull up in front of a restaurant. I don’t think she saw me, so I hide behind a sign, turning to the side. I watch as she comes out and another boy was with her. Who is he? I have never seen him before. Could he be someone from her school?

  I start to get closer to the shop as they went in. I wait until the couple took their seats and were looking at their menu before entering. I watch as they laugh and talk to each other. For sure, they’re really close, but how? I have never seen him and Unnie has never mentioned him. Has she been keeping this from me for a long time or what?

  Soon, I got tired of watching them and left. There’s no point in spying on them. All they’ll do will eat, talk, and all that shizz. Time to go home.

  As I walk, my mind begins to run. I remember the time when she didn’t want to talk to me about Jonghyun. Could she not be answering me because she didn’t like him that way and knew his feelings? Or is she cheating on him? I don’t know which one it is, but I know it has a connection.

  I continue to think, but I couldn’t point out which was the right answer even until I reached home. I go upstairs to my room and lay on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Jonghyun. Why did you have to forget about me?

  I close my eyes and the image of my diary pops into my head. It’s time to read a new entry. I wonder where the next place will be.

  I roll off my bed and take out my diary from my drawers, flipping to the next page. Omo! I remember this time.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
  May 3

  Diary Entry #3

  Dear Diary,

   I’m in a good mood today! I guess that’s why I wrote out your name rather than starting it off with what happened today.

   Well, I needed help on my homework, so I asked if Jonghyun could help me and he said yes! But of course I said it as calmly as I could especially when he asked if I could go to his house to study. Should I also add, it was today?!
 
  So after school, I call Umma and Appa, telling them I’ll be at Jonghyun’s house and they said it was fine. I follow Jonghyun to his house. This isn’t the first time, but I was pretty excited. He was learning Geometry while I was learning, an intro to algebra.

  There, we head straight to his room. It was pretty comfy there, with everything tidy and fixed. (You would never expect that from a guy and neither did I.)

  “I’ll be right back. I’m going to get some snacks,” he said as he stepped out of the doorway.

  I didn’t say anything, but nodded. What was there to say anyways? He doesn’t need me to start on a conversation and delay him. I sat on his bed and looked around. I’ve been in this house, but not in his room. The only time I go here is for parties and we mainly stayed in the living room.

  I saw a ton of posters of his favorite groups that I didn’t know. (At least until I searched them up, afterwards.) Then there were a ton of video games stacked up on a shelf along with a couple of books and pictures. What should I do while I’m waiting for him?

  First, I wanted to look at the photos. I picked up one, showing when he was about 10 and with his family in America. They were in San Francisco on the Golden Gate Bridge. How did I know that? It said it right there on the bottom corner of the picture. His Umma must’ve labeled it.

  Just then, he entered the room, carrying a tray of drinks and some chips. “Okay. What do you need help on?” He asked, setting the tray on top of his drawer.

  I take out my stuff from my backpack and settled on the floor. I explained the things I didn’t get and he started explaining what I had to do. This went on for a while and I bet you don’t want to hear what we were saying. Everything dealt with math. Even I didn’t want to listen to what he was saying, but I had to if I wanted to pass my math class.

  Afterwards, he told me this. “Since I’m done with Algebra, I’ll give you the notes I took. Maybe it’ll give you a head start and next year, I’ll give you my Geometry notes. What do you think?”

  I thought about it. To tell you the truth, I didn’t want to be ahead. I know it’ll help me, but… Uhm… I’m not the type to study all day. It was hard for me to answer him, but in the end, I agreed. “Sure.”

  He smiled his sweet smile that caused my heart to pound and face to blush red. I bow my head, hoping he didn’t notice my sudden color change and waited for him to give me his notebook.

  “Here you go.” Jonghyun held out his notebook.

  For a moment, I stared at it. I wasn’t sure what to do. My hands just wouldn’t want to move and take it. This was Jonghyun’s notebook. This is what he has touch and written in for a whole year. I don’t know if I’ll be able to control myself.

  I did. But right now… OMG! I CAN’T BELIEVE HE GAVE ME HIS NOTEBOOK!!!! Okay. I’m good now. Hopefully…

  I took it in my hands and flipped through. He had such nice handwriting for a guy. Ah~ He definitely isn’t like the others. I just wish he’ll notice my feelings soon. I still don’t have the courage to tell him.

  After that, we just watched T.V. and played video games. I am not a gamer unlike him, so I kept dying on the shooting games, getting lost in the RPG games, and more importantly, accidentally killing him when we were suppose to be working together.

  This day was pretty fun! I loved it, but now I’m pretty bored. I can’t wait to talk to him again. Well, it’s going to be tomorrow, but I’ll have to deal with the school hours first. Ugh! -.-” I wish school didn’t exist, but then again, I wouldn’t have met Jonghyun. I should be happy right?! RIGHT?!
  WRONG!

  I forgot all about my English homework and guess what. It’s an essay. Boo~ T^T

  I’ll write in you again, Diary, but for now, I need to do my remaining homework. Ppyong~

                                              -In Young <3

________________________________________________________________________________________________
 Hm… Tomorrow will be interesting. I wonder what his Appa and Umma will say when they see me. I bet they’ll help me with regaining Jonghyun’s memory! It’s not my choice, but I’m pretty sure with the help of his parent’s, his memory will come back faster.

  I shut my diary and place it back in my drawer. Once again, I lie on my bed and think. I wonder if Ricky’s doing fine without me and what is Jonghyun doing now? I practically left him on his own. Did he go back home? I hope he did. And what about Unnie? Who was that boy with her? I want to know…

  “In Young-ah!” Unnie’s voice came from downstairs, “I bought some food to eat for dinner!”

  Now’s the time to ask.

  Once again, I roll off my bed and sluggishly head downstairs. How should I confront her this time? I chew on my lip as I thought. The moment I step on the last step, I pause. That same exact boy was at our doorstep, holding onto my Unnie’s hand.

  “Who are you?” I ask him simply.

  He smiles, “I’m you’re Unnie’s boyfriend.”

  Boyfriend? Since when? I thought she liked Jonghyun or at least that’s what I thought… “What’s your name?”

  “Jeong Min.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________
  Thanks for reading! New Chapter XP Hm... Well... Yeah... Cx Wait for next week's update! OH And Jeong Min~