Diary Entry 5

He Wants A Noona, But I'm His Dongsaeng

I head straight home afterwards. I'll start helping Chunji tomorrow. I'm not sure how I'm going to help him, but I'll try. It's not going to be that tough, now will it?

The moment I entered the house, a sweet smell hit me, coming from the kitchen. Unnie. I wonder what she's making. My feet began to move on its own as I walked into the kitchen, seeing Unnie taking out a pan with oven mittens on. I smiled, missing the times when she would bake a cake for anyone's birthday. That was before Umma and Appa died. Ever since then, she hasn't been doing that. Why now? What was the special occasion?

I stepped in, this time seeing someone else in there.

Jeongmin.

My heart cringed seeing him. I should be happy that Unnie has someone else other than Jonghyun, but I feel bitter. He doesn't belong. Maybe because she has never mentioned him ever in her life. Usually, she would introduce the friends she had, but him... She had never mentioned him.

"Ahnyeong, Unnie, Jeongmin." I greeted happily. I want to forget ever hating Unnie. For some reason, I can't bring myself to hate her too long.

Unnie and Jeongmin looks at me, both smiling.

"Ahnyeong, In Young," Unnie greets, putting the pan down on the counter. "It's Jeongmin's birthday today, so I wanted to give him a gift and all I had was this cake. Do you want some?"

I shake my head. "Not yet. I'm not hungry right now." My eyes went to Jeongmin who was staring at Unnie with sweet eyes. He truly loves her. It's so sweet. Sometime I wish Jonghyun will look at me like that one day. For some reason, I felt like I should leave them alone. "I'm going to do my homework in my room. Tell me when dinner's ready."

"Ah... Okay..." Unnie tries protesting, but I guess she decided not to, so I head to my room, wanting to read my next journal entry.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

June 4th

Diary Entry #5

Dear Diary,

Today Jonghyun came over because he "felt like it." Those were the exact words he said! I don't know what's wrong with him, but I was sooo happy! I mean, the guy I like is in my house! It can't get any better than that. But of course it does.

For the first hour, we just watched a movie together in the living room. I was too shy to cuddle up with him, plus I would be freaking out if I felt him close to me. I kept my distance, glancing at him a few times. I'm pretty sure he didn't notice, but you may never know! I hope he didn't see me doing that!

The movie was pretty funny or so I heard. I wasn’t really paying attention much.

After the movie, we headed to my room just to hang out. We talked for a while until Jonghyun asked if we could do selcas. At first, I didn't feel like it, but it hit me. I would have more memories and I could get near him without making it feel awkward, so I agreed, getting my camera out.

Our first picture was just us two smiling and the rest were plain stupid. We made weird faces and put bunny ears behind each other’s head, but my favorite one was the last one we took on my camera.

"This is going to be our last picture, okay?" I told him.

He shrugged. "I don't know. I kind of want to do more."

I pursed my lips. "This is the last one."

"Fine."

I was so stupid! I should've let him take even more! It wouldn't hurt doing a lot more selcas with him. Plus I like the fact that we're together.

Before I knew it, his arm was wrapped over mine, bringing me closer to his body and causing me to freeze. I couldn't move, feeling his touch and I didn't say anything as he took the last picture. The flash from the camera brought me back to my senses.

"Make sure you develop these pictures soon. I'd like to keep some of them." Jonghyun said, waving my camera.

"Don't worry, I will."

"You better." His eyes went to the clock. "I have to go. I'll see you later."

Now???? I hated the fact that he had to leave me. I hate it whenever he leaves so quickly even though it was actually a long time. My mind couldn't keep up with the time. I wish time could go slower. "Oh." Was all I said.

He smiled his sweet smile. "Bye." He went to the door, pausing. "Are you going to say anything?"

"Oh! Uhm... Jonghyun."

"Bye Dongsaeng." He chuckled and quickly headed out the door.

Dongsaeng! Again! Aish... No wonder he ran away quickly. At first I didn't get it until he was long gone. Babo!

So that's how my day went. It was very interesting and fun. I just wish I could do it again. Tomorrow, I'll develop the pictures and let Jonghyun chose which ones he wanted to keep.

Ahnyeong!

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I close my diary and stare at the ceiling. I remember that day and I've kept most of the pictures in the end. I don't remember which pictures he kept, but I'm pretty sure he had that last photo because I don't remember seeing it in my notebook or anything else I had.

I head out my door, forgetting my backpack downstairs. I still had homework to do. I just felt like procrastinating for a bit. It wouldn't hurt wasting a few minutes.

The moment I head down the stairs, I could hear giggling and chuckling from both Unnie and Jeongmin. I wonder what was so funny and what were they doing. Out of curiosity, I took a peek and find Jeongmin holding her hips, bringing her closer to him.

My heart cringes. She's so lucky to have a guy that likes her back. I wish Jonghyun was like that. I better not bother them, so I head back to the living room. Before I turn around, I saw Jeongmin leaning in until both of their lips touch. This causes my heart to scream in pain. This was Unnie's first kiss and I was happy for her, but I too wanted to experience that with someone special like Jonghyun, but I know that won't happen. After all, he likes Unnie, not me.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

  Sorry for the short chapter. I sort of didn't know what to write at this time, but it has information at least... :/