Babo

He Wants A Noona, But I'm His Dongsaeng

  When I woke up this morning, I find a note on my door. Sluggishly, I tear it off and read it. In Young. I left early because I’m picking Jeongmin up, so we can go to school together. Breakfast is ready downstairs. I’m not sure if it’s still warm, so heat it up when you’re ready.

                  -Unnie

  I scratch my head and look at the time. It was pretty early. Why would she leave so early? Oh well, it’s none of my business. I start getting ready, putting on my uniform and tying up my hair. When I was finished with that, I head downstairs and ate breakfast. I was so sleepy; it was hard not to fall asleep while I had a chopstick full of eggs. After breakfast, I head out to school.

  There, I find Chunji and Jonghyun talking. I’ll talk to them later. I look around and find Ricky with Da Ni. Omo. They’re getting close, but who am I suppose to talk to now? My eyes continue to wander until I spot someone with orange hair. L. Joe. He had dyed his hair once again, but I still recognize his face.

  I may have not spoken to him personally before, but it wouldn’t hurt trying. I need to know what I’m up against. I walk casually up to him. “Good morning.”

  At first he gave me a confused look, but soon there was recognition. “Oh. Good morning. You’re Changjo’s Dongsaeng, aren’t you?”

  Dongsaeng.

  “Ne. I am, but please call me In Young.”

  He shrugs. “I guess. So… In Young, why are you here? Don’t take it in a bad way. I’m just asking.”

  I haven’t thought about an excuse. . “Uhm. I just wanted to talk to you. Is there something wrong with that?”

  He smiles. “Aniyo. I’m just asking.”

  This is the boy Chunji’s up against. He doesn’t seem that special, but he was hot! Now I know why Kimi likes him. I also need to know his personality, however. Without that information, I won’t be able to help Chunji.

  “Uhm. Why do girls like you?” Way to go In Young… That was not a stupid question…

  He was taken aback, but a smirk came across his lips. “Waeyo? Do you like me too?”

  “Ha! No!”

  “I knew it.”

  My eyes widen. What does he mean by that?

  He must have notice my expression because he laughs, a hearty laugh. “I’ve known it for quite a while. You like Changjo, don’t you? It’s kind of obvious, but he doesn’t notice, nor does some other people. I see the way you look at him.”

  I start to blush, feeling my cheeks burning red. I never knew it was that obvious. For someone who I rarely see to know I like him is a bad thing. What am I suppose to do now? “Uh… Well… I…”

  “You don’t have to explain. I think it’s good someone likes him. The Noona he’s been drooling all over doesn’t like him.”

  “Yeah…” I didn’t know what to say. The Noona L. Joe was talking about is my Unnie and I didn’t want to mention that information to him.

  “I guess I’ll see you at lunch?”

  “Wha?”

  “We have the same lunch, so we might pass by each other.”

  “Oh right… Yeah… I’ll see you then.” I start walking away without waiting for him to say more. It feels strange talking to him, but he doesn’t seem like a bad guy. I’m helping Chunji, though. I can’t join both sides! One has to be the ally while the other is the enemy unless I turn neutral.

  When first period started, Da Ni was sending me notes about Ricky.

  Ricky asked if we could go out on Saturday. As friends of course, but I have a date with Min Jin. What should I do? – Da Ni

  Aish Da Ni… Who do you want to go with more? – In Young

  I have no idea O.o – Da Ni

  I sigh. This girl. She needs to make up her mind! I want her to be with Ricky, but I can’t force her to go with him if she doesn’t want to! Go with whoever you want or don’t go at all! – In Young

  I haven’t been with Min Jin for a while though. He might get mad at me again for postponing our date. – Da Ni

  I started feeling sorry for her. If she wants to go with Min Jin, then it’s fine. I don’t want to ruin her relationship if she doesn’t want it to be ruined. Go with Min Jin then. – In Young

  I’m scared. – Da Ni

  I was confused with those last two words she wrote on the note. She’s scared? About what? Why? – In Young

  I don’t know. I just feel scared. I’m scared of loosing Min Jin. I feel like we’re becoming distant. – Da Ni

  I didn’t know what to say about that. Of course she would be scared. Loosing someone you love is very scary and it’s hard to move on with it. I stare out the window, feeling the same feeling as Da Ni. I was scared of loosing Jonghyun at the car crash and I was definitely scared when my parents died. Don’t worry Da Ni. If anything happens, I’ll be right here and I’m pretty sure Ricky will, too. – In Young

  Thanks – Da Ni

  That was the last note we sent to each other because class had started. I was feeling worried about her. My mind kept wandering to Da Ni and Min Jin, then to Ricky, then to Chunji, L. Joe, and Kimi, and finally, Jonghyun.

  It went on like that for a while until lunch came. I didn’t sit with Ricky and Jonghyun at the roof since I wanted to talk to Chunji about Kimi. “Hey, Chunji!” I say, sitting next to him with my food. This time he was sitting alone, reading a book while eating. How can he do that in a place like this? It’s so loud!

  He looks up and smiles. “Hello, In Young.”

  “So. Any luck with Kimi? Did you even talk to her?”

  “About that…”

  “Aish!” I smack him on the back of his head.

  He rubs the spot where I hit him. “I don’t know what to say! I stutter, too! I think she’ll be impatient with me and block me out!”

  “Then she’s not the right girl for you! If she likes you, then she’ll listen.”

  Chunji sighs. “You’re right.” His eyes dart to the side and he ducks, looking like an idiot. “There she is!”

  I turn my head around and find Kimi walking up to L. Joe and his group. She was smiling brightly at them as if she was really close. L. Joe was the one who invited her, patting the seat next to him. Don’t tell me he also likes her. “Yah. Chunji.” I nudge him. “Go over there and talk to them. They are you’re friends aren’t they? And you could probably get some conversations going with Kimi.”

  “I-I don’t know…”

  I nudge him again. “Just go.”

  Reluctantly, he gave in and start towards the group, giving me worried glances. I wave my hands to make him continue. I watch as he finds an empty seat and start talking to his friends. Once that was complete, I started eating my lunch, oblivious to my surroundings.

  “So you’re helping him, too.” A voice came from behind me.

  I just and spin my head around. “J-Jonghyun!”

  “Changjo!” He corrects and sits next to me. “Since when did you know he likes her?”

  “Uhm… Yesterday.”

  “Oh… So… Where are we going today? The game is still continuing still right?”

  I grin. “Yeah. And today, we’re heading to my house after school.”

  His eyes widen. I know what he was thinking. He’s going to see Unnie, but I’m not sure if he’ll like hearing that she has a boyfriend now.

  “What are we going to do there?” He asks.

  “It’s a secret, like always.” I wink. “Where’s Ricky?”

  “He’s with Da Ni.”

  “Again?”

  “Yeah. They’re getting really close now. Soon they’ll be together if Min Jin doesn’t get in the way. Da Ni’s still going out with him, right?”

  I nod.

  “They should break up. It doesn’t seem like he’s interested in her anymore.”

  Maybe that’s why Da Ni was scared. She probably knew he was loosing interest in her, but she doesn’t want to let him go. Da Ni…

  “What if she still likes him though?”

  “Love doesn’t last forever.”

  It doesn’t? Then why do I still love you Jonghyun? No matter how many times you push me away, why do I still have deep feelings for you? Am I stupid or what? I shrug off his last statement and start eating lunch normally until the bell rings.

  After school, I meet with Jonghyun at the gates, ready to show him my house once again. I’m not sure if I wanted to reenact the events from my diary or not. I kind of want to make new memories, but what should I do? Oh well, I’ll just wing it.

  At my doorstep, I take a deep breath. Should I tell him about Jeongmin? No. Maybe later. I wonder if Unnie’s home. I take out my keys and unlock the door. “So what do you want to do? Do you want to watch a movie or something?” I ask, as I open the door. My eyes were set on Jonghyun. He appears shocked, but why? I follow his eyes and find Unnie and Jeongmin making out on the couch. Jeongmin was holding Unnie really close by the hips while Unnie had her fingers curled around his neck. They were really making out, tongue and everything! They didn’t hear us come in, so they didn’t stop. I turn back to Jonghyun and find him walking away.

  I wanted to call out to him, but I didn’t. Instead, I quietly close the door and went after him. He was walking pretty fast and ignored me every time I called out to him. “Yah! Jonghyun!” I take his arm the moment I was arm length away. He didn’t resist, so I force him to look at me. “Jonghyun,” I say softly to him.

  He doesn’t look at me. In fact, he was pissed. “How long has that been going on?”

  “Not that long. Maybe a week.”

  “And you didn’t tell me?”

  I was going to, but… I chew on my lip. “Mianhe.”

  He rolls his eyes. “I think it was a bad time going here.”

  “No. I think it was right. I was going to tell you about Unnie’s boyfriend, but I didn’t have the courage to. Don’t blame her for liking someone else!” A tear was about to come, but I held it in. “It’s not her fault for falling in love with someone other than you! Maybe he loves her more than you did. Maybe he gives her more happiness than you do. Please forget about her,” I beg, “Please.”

  “Shut up.” He says quietly.

  I shut my mouth, not wanting to make things worse.

  “I love her, too. I bet I can give her more than him. I bet I can-“

  I slap him across the face. I feel like we’re both being the idiots. We were both hurt and we could do nothing to change this fate. I close my eyes, forcing myself not to spat insults at him. I take a deep breath, turn around, and left. I left without a word, but of course not to the house, but somewhere else. I didn’t want to get caught by Unnie or Jeongmin while they were making out. In fact, I’m glad Unnie found him. I shouldn’t be mad at him or her, but at Jonghyun who’s acting like a complete idiot in front of me. I really need to do something about this. I need to read another diary entry. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Happy Thanksgiving guys! SO here's an update!