Jeongmin

He Wants A Noona, But I'm His Dongsaeng

  “Jeongmin?” I say his name in a question form. I did say it right, didn’t I? Why haven’t I heard his name from my Unnie before? If she liked someone, she would’ve told me beforehand like usual. Well, we haven’t been getting along lately, so I guess that’s the reason.

  “Ne. You must be In Young.” He holds out a hand and I take it. He seems pretty nice, but I still don’t get why he’s here.

  I look to his side and find Unnie, gesturing at me to take him to the living room. “Come in.” I step aside. “The living room is straight ahead. Would you like a drink?”

  He shakes his head. “I’m fine.” Then he started walking to the living room, his head circling the house. It was his first time here, but that doesn’t mean he has to examine it so closely.

  As Unnie pass by, she doesn’t say a word nor look at me. What is her problem? But I could feel there was something different in her. She seemed stiff and uncomfortable. There was something suspicious about her again.

  I wait for her to enter the living room before I close the door and follow right behind. I sit on the couch across from them, eyeing Jeongmin. He wasn’t paying attention to me; he was actually wrapping an arm around Unnie and kisses her cheek. She smiles, but as I watch closely, I could see it was an awkward smile. Time for questioning.

  “How long have you’ve known my Unnie?”

  His eyes went to me. “Since the beginning of high school.” He states plainly.

  I look at Unnie to see her reaction, but there was none, her face was expressionless. Why hasn’t she mentioned him before? “Really?”

  “Ne. But we didn’t start talking until the last year of high school.”

  This guy isn’t much of a talker is he? Other people would tell how they met and lots of others, but this guy is leaving out a lot of information. Should I continue? I lean forward, “What made you like my Unnie?”

  From the coner of my eye, I see Unnie stiffening with eyes wide open.

  Jeongmin smiles, “Everything. I liked everything about her, her smile, her laugh, and her eyes.”

  Such a typical and vague answer, but I’ll accept it. Wait, I still want to know more. “What’s your favorite ice cream?”

  “Okay!” Unnie butts in. “Don’t you have homework? You should do it.”

  Hmph! So I got her nervous. Something’s definitely wrong. I smile and stand. “Alright. I’ll leave you two lovebirds alone. Ppyong~” With a single wave, I head upstairs. At the top of the stairs, I take one last glance at them. I know for a fact, Unnie is hiding something from me again and I want to find out what. For now, I’ll let him stay here. I can tell he loves Unnie more than she knows. Let him have her, so I can have my Jonghyun.

 I check my phone before lying on my bed and find Jonghyun text me.

 Hey~ - Changjo ^^

 Oh Jonghyun. I wish you could say that to me in real life. I’m usually the one who starts everything… Ahn Nyeong! Are you home?  – In Young C:

  Ne. I left Da Ni and Ricky. I’m not sure where they are – Changjo ^^

  Eh?! So you just left? When? – In Young C:

  When you left. – Changjo ^^

  My heart skips a beat. He left because I left. What does that mean?

  Oh. Why? I mean, I bet they’re wondering where we went. – In Young C:

  I’m pretty sure they don’t mind. – Changjo ^^

  :P Well, we better have a good excuse tomorrow. I bet they’ll ask what happened. – In Young C:

  I’m pretty sure they won’t. By the way, where’s your Unnie? I text her, but she hasn’t answered. – Changjo ^^

  Should I tell him? It’s the right thing to do. Plus, he can’t avoid this situation if I don’t tell him about it. I’m pretty sure Unnie will tell him soon, but then again, I don’t want to see him sad. I’ll tell him later. It’s not the right time.

  She’s busy. I’m pretty sure she’ll text you later. – In Young C:

  I hope so. – Changjo ^^

  I stare at his last text. I hope so. Those words made my heart cringe. What would happen if Unnie didn’t exist? Would I have a chance to be with Jonghyun or not? Why does he have to love someone like her? I bet I’m way better.

  All of a sudden, I lost the urge to text. I have homework to do. I’ll see you tomorrow and we’re still going to continue our game. Ppyong~ - In Young C:

  There was a long pause. I guess that’s it. Just when I was about to turn off my phone, I receive a text.

  Ppyong? I remember you doing that when we were little. I kind of forgot how you say it. Maybe do it at school? :] – Changjo ^^

  I smile. Did I do that a lot before? I don’t exactly remember that, but I remember saying it a few times, but not a lot.

  Alright, But don’t be expecting it so suddenly. I might do it in the morning, in the afternoon, or at the end of the day. – In Young C:

  Okay. :P I guess, I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye – Changjo ^^

  “Bye.” I mutter to myself and held the phone close to my chest, smiling softly. When should I tell him those words? I want it to be a surprise, even though it’s a good-bye thing. I look around and remember the diary entry. I wonder where Jonghyun’s geometry notebook is at. I really need help on it. Poofs are just confusing me right now.

  Under my bed was the most reasonable place, but when I checked under there, I saw nothing but a shoebox. Hm… Maybe it’s in my desk like my diary. I look there and rummage through my stuff, taking out the things I needed to get out of the way. There was nothing once again.

  I kept searching. Everywhere I looked, I couldn’t find it. All I found were the previous courses and Algebra II notes. Geometry was no where to be found. My room was messy by the end of my search and yet, I couldn’t find it. Maybe I threw it away. I don’t think I would ever do that, but you may never know. Or it could be in Unnie’s room. Why would I give it to her though? Aish! Where is that notebook?

  Downstairs, I hear the front door closing with a bang. Jeongmin must’ve left. How long has he been here and how long have I been looking for the notebook. It didn’t feel long, but when I check the time, it was already time for me to go to sleep.