Sweet Tricks

The Roommate

The sun smiled at the couple as they strolled down the street happily with their arms twined. They had been randomly walking, not knowing where they’re going yet.

“Do you wanna play games at the arcade?” Jiyoon asked in the middle of their chat.

Changjo frowned. “Arcade, really? I thought you didn’t like to play games.”

“Your hyungs and I went to the arcade once when you’re missing,” she said. “I used to go to arcades almost every day back on my school days.”

“Woah, bad Jiyoon.” Changjo ruffled her hair.

“Haish! You messed up my hair! You have no idea how rare I dress up well like this. Just for you,” she muttered.

“It’s not necessary. I’ve already admired your beauty even when you just wake up.”

“Ya, don’t talk cheesy further or I’d start calling you Chanhee.” She threatened him.

Changjo stole a kiss on her cheek. “Why do you protest so much? I’m your boyfriend after all,” he argued.

“Actually I’m still not getting used to all of these couple thingy. Like this, for example.” She put up their twined hands to show him. “We’ve been through a month and not any single day we spent with this, and without arguing against each other.”

Changjo laughed at her as he took his hand away from hers and wrapped his arm around her waist. “I’m sorry, okay? I really didn’t mean it,” he giggled. “Or do you prefer us to keep quarrelling like the old days?”

“Your question is kind of rhetoric since we are kinda quarreling now.” She rolled her eyes. “Ya, by the way are we going to the arcade or not?” she asked again as she remembered her unanswered question.

“Yup, since I don’t have any place in my head,” said him.

“Then why are we going this way! The arcade is that way!” she half shouted at him with her eyes widened.

“Ya! I don’t know where it is! Don’t blame me!” he shouted back.

“Haish! I thought you knew the place.” She then turned his body around and pushed him from the back. “Come on.”

She pushed him for just a few meters before running off from him first. “Ya!” Changjo missed how he used to shout at her during their old days. Smiling to himself, he ran after her.

The girl skipped happily without even glancing at the back to see him. Changjo, who had caught her pace, silently walked behind her whom still not noticing his appearance there. He sneakily grabbed the strap of her purse, causing her to spring back on him when she had taken a few steps forward.

Jiyoon was way too shocked that she wanted to curse, but nothing came out from . Changjo laughed hard at her puzzled face before pulling her into a hug. “I didn’t mean to shock you,” he was still laughing.

A loud slap landed on his chest. “You’re just born to be annoying.” She pinched both of his cheeks which had grown wider by his grin. “I. Hate. You.” She emphasized every syllable.

“You hate me? Oh, really?” he scoffed. “You hate me? Are you sure?” he leaned in and stole a kiss on her lips.

“Haish!” she blushed hard from the kiss although it wasn’t even their first.

Changjo smiled slyly. “You’re blushing~ you love me~” He teased, nudging her over and over.

Jiyoon turned away and walked ahead of him. “You love me.” It’s Changjo already beside her, grinning stupidly while still nudging her using his elbow. “You love me, right?”

“If I love you then what?!” she was irritated by him in the end.

“Because I love you more,” he simply replied before pulling her into another hug. “Ack!” Jiyoon bit his shoulder and ran away from him. “Ya!”

******

“I won!!” Changjo happily exclaimed as he won two rounds in a row. They were playing Tekken later at the arcade. “Is that all your skill? Then what did you do everyday back then? Went to the arcade just to watch people play?” he mocked her.

Jiyoon hissed. “That was just a warm up,” she argued. “I’m showing it off now. Bring it.”

Another first round soon started. Jiyoon was struggling to beat Changjo, but she ended up losing again. “You can’t beat me. Deal with it.” Changjo .

“Shut up! Let the second round begin!” she sulked. Her gaze was already fixed at the screen although it’s still loading. Changjo couldn’t stop teasing her for losing three times in a row.

The second round then started. They were all focused playing, trying hard to beat each other. Changjo was leading with his score. Their score gap was quite far that he would certainly win if it kept going.

But Jiyoon didn’t give up yet. She was all focused at the game until she didn’t realize that Changjo had been stealing glances at her, smirking at the idea he just got. His gaze turned back at the screen while his hands started making wrong moves purposely.

“Oh damn!” he shouted, purposely, to make it even more real. He noticed a pleased smile grew on her face when he stole another glance. The mistakes he continuously made successfully flipped the table. Jiyoon won against him for the first time.

“See? I won just now!” she kissed him on the cheek as she squeezed his arm.

Changjo held back his laughter and pretended sulking. “I’ll win the third round. Just see.”

They were back on playing. Jiyoon was all serious playing while Changjo kept doing what he’d been doing, secretly making faults. “Is that all you got?” Jiyoon shouted in excitement since her score was leading. “Oh come on, Changjo.”

“Haish! Shut up!” Changjo stayed focus at the screen as a part of his act. The game was tenser, but still he managed to make her won the last round.

The winning streak she got made her asked him to play for another 3-round set. “My skills are still there! Let’s play again!” she proudly exclaimed. Changjo rolled his eyes. “Don’t be sad, dear. Let’s see it at the next rounds,” she giggled.

The first round started off smoothly. Jiyoon was back on focusing herself on the game. She couldn’t stop glancing at the score, worried if Changjo had caught hers since she was leading again.

“Ah! No! Haish! Changjo, you’re so stupid!” Changjo talked to himself, still acting regretful on his faults.

The first round was about to end with Jiyoon’s victory again when she accidentally caught Changjo’s straight face. His hands were still on the controller, but he just randomly moved his fingers. “Ya!” she slapped his upper arm, forgetting the game right away.

Changjo, whose gaze was focused on the screen, was startled by her sudden attack. “What?”

“What the heck you’ve been doing!” she asked rather rhetorically. “You’re faking your faults!”

His face muscles contracted, forming a wide guilty grin. “Hehe,” he giggled.

“Damn you!” she cursed as she pushed himself aside and played his instead. She beat up her own using Changjo’s side to make him win against her uncontrolled side. “There you go!” she sulked, walking away from him.

“Ya! Jiyoon-ah!” he called her half laughing. He made his way to catch her right in front of the arcade. He pulled her arm and turned her around to face him with her sullen face. “Ya, I was just kidding,” he was still laughing at both himself and her pout.

“You tricked me!!” she barked while continuously hitting his chest. Changjo hugged her tight and spun her around, causing her to whine in annoyance. “Changjo-ya!”

He stopped to look at her eyes, with his hands still wrapping her. “I just want to make you happy.” He left a peck on her head.

“I thought I really won!” she nagged. Her face reddened by embarrassment. "Haish! It's embarrassing!"

Changjo her blushing cheek before pinching it playfully. “You won. You won my heart.”

Jiyoon hissed. “Screw you!” she was back on hitting his chest, irritated. Then suddenly she was already facing the clear sky while her arms were clinging onto him. Changjo lifted her up, bridal style. “Ya! Put me down! People are looking at us!” she snarled in a low voice.

Changjo was letting out his evil laugh, showing his infamous smirk. “They don’t know us anyway,” he calmly replied. “Just act normal, or else it will look like I’m kidnapping you.”

“Changjo! Put me down! Now!!”” she half shouted. Changjo had been bringing her for quite a distance and yet insisting not to put her down. “Fine!” she muttered.

“Ouch!” he squealed as she hopped down, landing on her feet to stand on her own. “You should stop biting me!” he nagged, rubbing his painful shoulder.

Jiyoon proudly smiled. “That’s what you get,” she simply replied.

“Let’s have lunch,” he said, already back on his normal mood. “What do you want?”

“I want us to be frugal so let’s just get some simple bento,” answered her. She intertwined their fingers and leaned her head onto his shoulder as they walked.

“Copy that,” he giggled, leaving another kiss on her head again.

Later, they were at a restaurant, having their first mouthful of warm rice. “Happiness,” Changjo mumbled before he sipped his cola. Jiyoon frowned at what she just saw. “What?” he mumbled again with his munching mouth.

“You…sipped your cola while your mouth is still full of rice.” She was blinking in disbelief.

Changjo held back his laughter, swallowing down his food first. “Surprised?” he chuckled.

“Amazed,” she corrected. “I can’t believe I just saw it today although I’ve eaten with you for times.” Her words ended their talk there as they’re back on eating.

“Uhm, Changjo-ya?” later she hesitantly called him whom still busy eating in silence. He looked up to see her. His eyebrow rose, signaling her to continue talking since he couldn’t speak with his full mouth. “May I feed you?” the nonsense question of her caused him to choke.

“Oh my God, I’m sorry!” she couldn’t help to laugh yet guilty at his response. She gave him his drink. “Was it that shocking?” she asked. Her light chuckles were still slipping out of .

“That’s the most stupid question ever by a girlfriend to her boyfriend, really.” Changjo was panting from the choke. “That’s really unnecessary!”

Jiyoon grinned. “The idea popped in my head out of nowhere. I haven’t fed you. I mean, you as my boyfriend,” told her.

Changjo pushed his almost finished meal to her and passed her his chopsticks. “Go then.”

Her eyes widened. “Why are you doing this?” she innocently asked.

“If I ate yours down, then what would you eat?” he rolled his eyes. “Go.”

Jiyoon started feeding him with his own meal, like what he had told her. She was grinning all along as he was munching. “You’re so cute,” she answered his weird stare at her. “It feels like I’m your nanny.”

Changjo smirked and winked at her. “I haven’t known anybody being such a tease to their nanny,” said Jiyoon.

“Because they don’t have such a hot nanny like you,” he mindlessly replied with a shrug.

Jiyoon put his chopsticks back into his box and pushed it back to him before getting back on eating her own meal in silence, glaring at him.

Changjo laughed on what he had done to her, “Oh, come on! You really are hot!” what he did was just fueling the fire. He knew it though. But his laughter grew bigger along with the fire. “You’re pouty face is so cute.”

Jiyoon pinched both of his cheeks with all her might in annoyance. “If you love me, please just shut the hell up,” she half-threatened.

“You’re hot.” He stubbornly teased his girlfriend, laughing.

“Thanks for telling me that you don’t love me,” replied her.

“I don’t love you.” He showed his winning smirk. “I don’t just love you. I love you so much,” he giggled.

“Babo.” She was blushing as she ruffled his hair with both of her hands. “Let’s go.”

The two were back on strolling down the streets randomly. They were happily spending their time together, doing anything they could. Chatting, joking, quarrelling, just the usual things they did.

“Changjo-ya.” Jiyoon poked his side over and over. She blinked her eyes for a few times, sending codes to him. Her gaze then moved to a spot not far from them. Changjo followed her gaze and got what she meant right away. He leaned in and kissed her on the lips. Her eyes widened by the sudden kiss. “Ya! I’m not looking at that couple! But thanks for the kiss anyway.”

“What do you mean?” the clueless guy questioned. He glanced back towards the lovey dovey couple and scanned around once again. “Ah, got it.” He rolled his eyes before dragging her towards the ice cream parlor where the couple was standing in front of. “Just say it right away later, I’m not good on translating codes,” he laughed.

“But you still managed to get it. You’re not that bad,” she replied, smiling.

“Good afternoon! What would you like to have in this sunny day?” the clerk greeted them cheerfully.

“A waffle with 3 scoops of ice cream would be great, wouldn’t it? What do you think?” Jiyoon nudged Changjo as she glanced between him and the menu above the counter.

Changjo smiled. “Anything you like,” he said, ruffling her hair playfully.

“One serving of that waffle with 3 scoops of ice cream,” she told the clerk as she pointed the menu.

Jiyoon was taking out her wallet when a few sheets of money had been put on the counter. She raised her head to see Changjo paying the order. “Ya, what are you doing? I’m the one ordering for us.” She frowned. Changjo kissed her cheek and walked away to find seats without answering her.

“Here’s the change. Your order will be ready soon,” informed the clerk.

Jiyoon nodded at the woman clerk before moving aside to wait for her order. She glanced around and found Changjo sitting next to the window, staring at her with his chin on his palms, smiling. Jiyoon shook her head at his demeanor.

“I’m telling you something.” She started off as she sat across Changjo after putting their order on the table later. “You’re so handsome.”

“I know.” He shrugged with a flat expression on his face, acting cool.

“I haven’t finished my words. You look handsome, from afar,” she chuckled.

Changjo hissed. “I don’t care though. You fell for me after all.” He showed that mischievous smirk of him.

Jiyoon smiled shyly. “Fine, you win there.” She had started eating the waffle while feeding the guy across her. “Let’s talk about things,” she demanded.

“What things?” he furrowed, looking forward for it.

Jiyoon puffed her cheek. “Family? I haven’t heard about your family,” she spoke out the idea.

His face slightly darkened, but he managed to act normal just not to make her suspicious on him. “There’s nothing much to tell about my family. Just my parents and my older brother.”

“Woah, you have an older brother?” she was amazed by the fact that he had a real hyung other than Teen Top hyungs he always stick to.

He nodded. “Four years older. He’s the good boy kind,” he laughed. “He always listens to our parents, unlike me.”

“So, you’re not a good boy?” she raised her eyebrow.

“What do you think? After all your experiences with me?” he asked back, laughing harder. “After all those slaps from you, those wouldn’t happen if I was good to you.”

“Nah, you’re not. But don’t worry, girls love bad boys,” she joked. “What’s his name, by the way?”

“Minhyuk.”

“Is he close to Teen Top hyungs as well?” she questioned.

“Hm.. not really. But we hang out together too sometimes, all of us. I don’t know why, but he’s quite close to Chanhee somehow,” explained him. “Probably because of those two are the ones taking care of me when I’m in trouble.”

Her lips formed a smile. “The troublemaker maknae,” said her. “Now it’s me whom given the task to look after you.”

“I won’t cause any troubles from now on,” he vowed. “Well, I’ll try my best to be a good boy for you.” He grinned.

Jiyoon had been unconsciously smiling all along as she stared into his eyes in amazement. It felt like a miracle to her. The other side of Changjo she’d been seeing from the day before really got her. People are right, love usually started with hatred. Probably it’s just because we haven’t got to know each other well. We just have to.

 


A/N:

Hello hello hello! I'm very sorry for the very late update since I've always been updating this fic regularly before. Things are hectic here lately. I've told you about the papers I had to make before. And now I'm actually on my exam week, but I've spared sometime to write for you~

I'm sorry if it's not like what you've expected to be. I hope I can update a lot in June, as well as my other fics if you're reading those too.

Please look forward to it! ^^ Oh and if any of you wondering which Minhyuk I mentioned above, it's CNBlue Minhyuk. Just got a feeling to put him in, I hope you don't mind :-)

Thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing, and voting! I love you!

And sorry for the ty title chap. I really have no idea about it so I just randomly typed it down. I might must change it later. Maybe any of you have any ideas?