Stay with Me

The Roommate

It’s just a rare scene to be seen. The rest were having their breakfast together when Chunji and L.Joe arrived back at the hostel. Jiyoon waved at them as she saw them coming.

“Woah what’s happening here? How come you guys woke up this early?” Chunji quipped, taking a seat beside Jiyoon while L.Joe sat beside Changjo at the other end.

“I think we should be the one asking why are you two got up earlier than us,” Niel rolled his eyes. “So where have you been?” Ricky asked.

“L.Joe asked me to accompany him jogging,” Chunji mindlessly answered.

Changjo choked on his food while CAP laughed hard until most of the people in the dining area turned their heads at them. “That’s the ultimate bull I’ve heard this week!” CAP exclaimed. “Don’t you have a better lie, hyung?” Changjo joined scoffing.

“Is it that hard to believe us?” L.Joe whined. “I’m not as lazy as you think I am!”

“You are,” the boys stated in chorus.

Jiyoon who had been laughing at the boys finally spoke, “Have you had breakfast?”

“Nope,” Chunji answered shortly before snatching a toast from her plate. “L.Joe was too poor to treat me for a breakfast outside.” L.Joe shot a death glare when he heard his name being mentioned.

“Why are you so sloppy,” Jiyoon mumbled, ignoring Chunji’s words before, as she wiped the crumbles on his mouth.

“I’m sorry, eomma.” Chunji grinned childishly at her when the girl shot an annoyed look back at him.

Changjo moved his gaze away from the two. He had been unconsciously stealing glances at them, again. The assumptions he made on the night before couldn’t be shrugged yet.

“Plans for today, anyone?” Niel came up with a new topic. “Let’s spend the remaining time together before Ricky and I go, please.”

“So sweet, Daniel,” CAP snorted. “You made it sound like we’re gonna die soon!” L.Joe snarled at the younger.

“Let’s go for a movie then, we haven’t been to the cinema for a while, right?” Chunji brought an idea. “Any movies can do.”

******

L.Joe, Changjo, and Jiyoon were sitting on the bench, waiting for CAP and Chunji to finish buying the tickets while Niel and Ricky were buying snacks and drinks. Awkward silence was covering up the three of them. Jiyoon glanced at L.Joe who was busy playing a game on his phone. She shifted closer to him and watched him played. Meanwhile Changjo was distracting himself from the uneasiness by glancing around the cinema.

“I’m bored.” Jiyoon sighed as she leaned her head on Changjo’s shoulder in a sudden, startling the boy to death. He was frozen on his position. “What take them so long?” she whined.

“Just wait a bit more,” L.Joe replied with his focus was still on the game. “Or should we go after them?” he asked.

“No need.” Changjo cut him off as he saw the rest coming towards them. Niel and Ricky were busy hugging buckets of popcorns with glasses of cola in their hands. Changjo chuckled at the scene he’s watching from a far. “Ya, hyung, they’re quarrelling again,” he told L.Joe.

“You know I hate horror!” Ricky’s shout could be heard clearer, bringing laughter to the three who were waiting for them.

“I already guessed what it’s all about though,” L.Joe smirked. “Changhyun will always be Changhyun.”

“He hates horror,” Changjo answered Jiyoon’s confused face. “He once mad at CAP hyung for teasing him with horror movies’ scoring,” he laughed when explaining. He’s avoiding any eye contacts with her, preventing himself from getting distracted badly by her gaze at him.

“It must be Chanhee this time,” L.Joe concluded when he saw Ricky and Chunji quarrelling.

“Chanhee chose the horror one and undoubtedly that kid hit the roof,” CAP explained as he took a seat beside Changjo who was sitting still with Jiyoon leaning on him.

“Hyung, you’re too much!” Ricky continued whining. All of them were together again then.

“Ya! It’s nothing!” Chunji nagged back. “We’re all going! You choose, go watch it with us or walk out alone!” he tucked his tongue out before showing his evil smirk at his pissed off dongsaeng.

Ricky pouted on the defeat. He then tailed the rest who were walking towards the studio.

They took their own preferable seats inside. Again, Chunji was sticking to Jiyoon. Changjo made his way to hurried past CAP so he could sit beside Jiyoon as well. It was then CAP and L.Joe on his left. Meanwhile, the noisy Ricky and Niel sat on Chunji’s right.

Ricky couldn’t stop complaining until the movie started. He didn’t stop, it went worse. Chunji and Niel smothered him as they heard people were hushing him. Ricky continued whining under Chunji’s hand which was covering his mouth.

Changjo was focused on watching. Wishes had been spoken inside him. Wishes for not witnessing any scenes between Chunji and Jiyoon again. He gambled before taking the seat beside her. Whether it would be good or it would just turn out into another suicide mission to him.

“It’s coming it’s coming,” Niel whispered to Ricky with his gaze still on the big screen. “It’s appearing in 3..2..-“ Ricky had screamed before Niel even finished with his countdown. Chunji smacked him in reflex since Ricky broke the tensed silence when there’s actually nothing at all. Also Niel’s annoyance made him shoved a handful of popcorns into Ricky’s mouth, smothering him with popcorns. “Shut up, you!”

“You scared me!” he mumbled while munching the popcorns. “I thought it’s really-“ Ricky couldn’t finish his words since he let out a louder scream already, clenching his eyes shut as a shortcut from not being able to cover his sight.

The whole studio screamed along with Ricky. Not only screams heard, L.Joe also cursed on the shock he got. Meanwhile Jiyoon reflexively grabbed Changjo’s hand on their shared arm rest when the shocking scene appeared. She didn’t take her hand off of him. And she completely had no idea of what she’s doing.

Changjo was stiffened by the skinship. He dared himself to glance at her, but her eyes were all focused on the big screen. He gulped down his nervousness and tried to get his focus back on the movie as well.

Just when he was recovered a bit, he jolted up again by another shock. CAP fell asleep on his left shoulder.

Changjo glanced at his right again, making sure that Jiyoon was still putting her hand above his. He smiled to himself, satisfied. He didn’t gamble for nothing.

In a split second, Jiyoon was then hiding onto his right arm. Changjo was too focused on watching her instead so he didn’t notice the scary scene. He was more flustered than before. CAP sleeping on his left while Jiyoon clinging on his right. He cursed CAP for adding burden on him. Unfortunately it didn’t take long before Jiyoon was back to her normal sitting position. But that short period didn’t fail on making half of Changjo’s soul flown to heaven.

L.Joe slowly slumped down on his seat with his eyes slightly opened while hugging the half emptied popcorn bucket. Clear enough he’s holding back his sleepiness. He soon fell asleep as well, joining CAP, not bothering the bucks they spent to buy the tickets. Meanwhile on the other side, Chunji was busy handling the noisy kids on his right.

“Can’t you shut the hell up?!” Chunji snarled in whisper. He was scolding both Ricky and Niel since Niel had turned as noisy as Ricky. He lost count on how many times the other watchers had hushed them.

“It’s your fault for choosing such a-“ Again, Ricky’s words were being cut off by his scream. That time Niel didn’t scold him, but screaming along with him. So did Chunji. “THE HECK WAS THAT!!” Niel’s voice cracked.

CAP and L.Joe weren’t even awakened by the screams echoing in the studio. Meanwhile Jiyoon’s reflex wasn’t any different than before. She grabbed Changjo’s hand again while screaming although it’s not as powerful as Ricky and Niel’s. Changjo’s heart dropped. Not by the awful scene, but by Jiyoon’s touch on him.

Changjo soon was grateful for CAP changing his position and leaned on L.Joe's head instead. So I can have my moments with Jiyoon. Changjo glanced at Chunji. He was busy watching and scolding Ricky and Niel once in a while. It brought smile to Changjo's face again. It's only me and her.

The rest duration was spent by a cycle of Ricky and Niel’s scream, Chunji scolding the noisy kids, Jiyoon’s reflex grip on Changjo, and CAP bumping his head onto L.Joe’s; causing the sleeping guy to growl a bit to let out his annoyance before continuing his sleep. Changjo’s gaze was directed at the big screen, but his mind wasn’t. The urge to hold Jiyoon’s hand kept teasing him. He was being a coward all along. He didn’t do anything much than staying still with her hand on his.

Jiyoon bent herself and had a look at the boys on her left. “Changjo-ya.” Her whisper gave him goosebumps, startling him from his busy thoughts. Changjo turned to her. His gaze was fixated at hers, admiring her beauty in the dark. “Can you get L.Joe’s cola?”

Changjo slipped his hand out from Jiyoon’s grip slowly. The girl finally realized what she’d been doing all along. She was flustered in embarrassment. “Oh, I’m sorry, Changjo.”

Changjo stupidly gave her a slight smile which she couldn’t clearly see in the darkness. He was then trying to reach L.Joe’s cola without nudging CAP any tiny bit, which could lead them into a direct hell of scolding. “Here you go.” He passed the cola to Jiyoon.

“Thank you,” she whispered to answer before happily sipped up the drink.

Changjo’s face turned sullen since the skinship ended. He couldn’t do anything than to wait for another shocking scene to appear. For a moment, he loved horror films very much.

Changjo was focused on watching the movie. He stole another glance at Jiyoon which he regretted right away.

Jiyoon was leaning on Chunji’s shoulder while hugging his arm.

Changjo slumped down on his seat, much lower than L.Joe. He sighed out his disappointment. Again, his assumptions crossed his mind.

Fortunately the movie ended soon. Jiyoon pulled herself away from Chunji as the light was again. Chunji was trying to stay cool all along when actually he couldn't choose which right feelings should've been captured. Niel was then laughing at Ricky's wet and redden face before implicitly inviting the others to join him mocking Ricky.

Changjo sat still. L.Joe, CAP, and him were like a picture. None of them budged on their seats. The two hyungs hadn't yet realized that the movie had ended already while Changjo was still pissed by what he saw. He sighed again, watching Chunji and Jiyoon joined Niel on teasing Ricky, the crybaby.

Changjo nudged CAP, giving his first attempt to wake him up, before stretching out his arm to shake L.Joe's body. "Hyung, wake up." He was then tapping both of their bodies. He didn't want to bother himself by waking them up one by one. "It's over already," he answered CAP confused face.

"Ya, wake up." It's CAP's turn to nudge L.Joe roughly. L.Joe squinted his eyes, yawning. "We fell asleep again, eh?" CAP chuckled bitterly while staring blankly at the people who were leaving the studio.

"Once a sleepyhead is always be a sleepyhead," Jiyoon butted in. She was sitting on Changjo's seat arm rest since the boy's arms were crossed on his chest. Changjo pretended not to budge with her presence. He pretended not to pay attention on their talks as well.

They went back to the hostel after having an early dinner paid by Niel and Ricky as their apologies for leaving first. They spent that night chatting in their room while helping Niel and Ricky packed up their things. It wasn't really them though, only Jiyoon did help.

"So, are you guys staying here?" Niel asked as he glanced around, making sure that all the things had been put into his bag.

"We're planning to go to Osaka tomorrow and stay there for the remaining days of our trip," CAP explained.

"Whom do you mean by we?" Changjo paused his game and turned to CAP. He knew nothing about their plan to go to Osaka. "If you included me in that term, then I'm out."

"You're not going with us?" L.Joe was a bit startled by Changjo's decision. Changjo shook his head.

"Why?" It's Chunji questioning. "Don't tell me you're going home," he guessed.

Changjo hissed. "Impossible. I won't go home this early. I'm just not interested." He shrugged. "I'm gonna stay here." He continued.

"Coming with us, Jiyoon-ah?" CAP turned to ask Jiyoon who was flustered by the sudden offer. She puffed her cheek as she considered. Changjo didn't realize that Jiyoon hadn't spoken anything about it before. He thought Jiyoon was going with them. He was still pissed by Chunji and her, that maybe it would be good for him to be separated from the two, that's why he chose to stay. But knowing that the 'we' term CAP used was just about CAP, Chunji, and L.Joe, a glimmer of hope for just being with her, only the two of them, arose inside him. He waited for her answer anticipatingly while struggling to hide his hopeful gaze.

"I don't know. I've never thought of another places before. My plan from the start is just to stay here in Tokyo," said Jiyoon.

"Come on, Jiyoon-ah," L.Joe provoked her. It's amazed Changjo somehow to see Chunji stayed quiet all along, even he pretended to be busy on his own. Chunji was still feeling blue. He had no idea how he should feel about Jiyoon anymore. He was happy to be with Jiyoon of course, but the fact that she didn't feel the same way about him made it all useless. There's no point for him to be together with her everytime.

Jiyoon smiled at the anticipating guys. "I think I'm staying." Her decision launched tons of fireworks inside Changjo. He couldn't believe his fate. He had the chance.

On the other side, Chunji sighed lowly. There's another disappointment in his mixed up feelings. I should just continue wishing then.

 


A/N:

So, shadowninja asked me to make a movie night scene of them (although it wasn't really at night on the story) and that's all what I could come up with!

Welcoming new subs! Thank you for willing to subscribe! Don't hesitate to talk to me! :-)

And for those whom haven't known, I have another Teen Top fic titled Home Is In Your Eyes. It's completed already but I'm currently working on the extension part. Check it out if you don't mind! And don't forget to tell me what you think about it!

I hope you're happy with the update I made! Thank you! <3