Trick and Treat

The Roommate

“Coming for lunch?” L.Joe asked Jiyoon right away as he noticed she had waken up. The girl rubbed her eyes lazily, gathering her consciousness. “Or we can bring back a meal for you if you’re not feeling well yet.” She glanced at the others who were busy preparing themselves.

Her stomach screamed. She didn’t think she could survive to wait for them to come back to the hostel bringing food for her. “I’m coming.”

They ended up at a bento restaurant next block. Jiyoon had been quiet during the walk. The others had been keeping their eyes on her in worries if she collapsed in a sudden. “What do you want to eat?” Ricky waved his hand in front of her face. She didn’t realize she had been spacing out after they had a seat.

“Uh…anything.” She shrugged. Ricky gave an okay look even though he was kind of confused on what he should order for her.

Ricky was then back with a tray on his hands, bringing the meals for Jiyoon and him while CAP and Changjo were bringing another trays as well. “I ordered you the same meal.” Ricky slided her box.

“Thanks, I’ll pay it after the meal.” But Ricky shook his head.

“No need, CAP hyung treated us all.” He grinned.

“Oh, really?” her eyes widened, staring at Ricky whom started eating already.

“Uh-huh.” He nodded while taking a mouthful of rice.

Jiyoon bent her body to see CAP who was sitting at the end of the table. “CAP oppa!” the called guy raised his head, but the other guys reflexively turned their heads on Jiyoon too. “Thank you!” she smiled sheepishly, making Chunji and Changjo moved their gazes right away from her. How cute.

“You’re welcome, dear.” CAP showed his thumb up.

“Thanks for coming!” the waitress bowed as they went out the restaurant.

“Oppa!” Jiyoon half skipped to CAP and twined her arm around his arm. The others’ eyes widened at the scene.

“What’s up, dear?” CAP jokingly, but he couldn’t help himself to blush.

“Nothing,” she giggled.

“Woah, what’s happening here?” L.Joe walked past them rushingly.

“CAP hyung treated you a meal then you’re being all cute to him all of a sudden?” Niel’s voice cracked.

I’ll treat you more next time. The same thought came into Chunji and Changjo’s head.

“I’ll treat you more next time!!” Ricky was the only one shouting the unspoken while stomping his feet.

“I put a love letter under her meal.” CAP smirked at his dongsaengs, Jiyoon laughed with all her might.

“Hyung, please! Get a better lie! I was the one bringing her meal!” Ricky rolled his eyes.

“You’re the cupid, Ricky. Thanks for delivering my letter.” CAP nudged him. Ricky scratched his head as he's flashing back what he did, confused.

The rest were watching with their mouths opened. “Ya! What the heck actually happened?!” Chunji finally yelled out his worries.

“We’re dating now. Can’t you see?” CAP shot an annoyed look while nodding his head towards the twined arms. The girl was still dying of laughter beside him.

“Hyung, I thought you're gay.” Niel got kicked by CAP, regretting his own words after.

“You two are really dating?!” L.Joe asked in disbelief, asking the uncertain.

“Uhm…what do you think?” Jiyoon bit her lip, raising one of her eyebrows.

“Like for real?!” L.Joe almost squealed.

“Uh…Oppa?” Jiyoon turned to CAP, getting helps.

“Yeah. Should I make it clear? Right here? Right now?” CAP rolled his eyes.

“Don’t joke around, Minsoo-ya!” Chunji shook the older’s body violently, panicking.

“Ya!” CAP eyed him for dropping the ‘hyung’ off. “Do you think I’m joking?” he grasped Chunji’s collar, joking.

“You can’t be trusted, hyung. Just saying,” Changjo spoke his mind out in the end. CAP turned to eye him but the maknae just replied with a scoffing shrug.

“Hyung, please!” Ricky ruffled his hair in frustration.

“What, cutie?” CAP poked Ricky’s cheek for a few times.

“Tell us you’re joking!!” Ricky whined, pouting.

“This hyung has no sense of joke at all, Ricky-ah.” Niel patted Ricky’s back.

“Why don’t you guys trust me?” CAP annoyed by their suspicious looks on him. “Here you go.” CAP held Jiyoon’s head and landed a kiss on top of her head, causing her eyes widened as she gasped along with the other guys.

“WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?” Niel choked. While Chunji and Changjo were frozen on their feet. L.Joe was flustered so bad, as usual he checked on Chunji first before scanning the others’ faces.

“Still doubting us?” CAP smirked.

The doubting quarrel went on until they reached their room. Even the other occupants shot them weird stares when they passed by the common room. Jiyoon slumped on the carpet right away, curling herself into a ball.

“Oh my God, Jiyoon!” Chunji couldn’t help panicking, pretty much traumatized by the incident on the night before.

“Ya, are you okay?” Ricky tapped her back slowly.

Jiyoon later uncovered her face, getting cursed by the worried guys. Turned out she was dying in laughter. She had been laughing silently that she couldn’t hold anymore before letting it out loud for real. “CAP oppa and me are not dating!!” she shouted between her laugh.

The guys were relaxed and relieved yet annoyed so bad by the poor prank. “I knew it.” Changjo rolled his eyes. CAP was grinning, showing his eyesmile, at his dongsaengs’ glares on him.

“Ya! Then you’re taking the chance to kiss her!!” L.Joe kicked CAP as he remembered his kiss on Jiyoon.

The girl pouted. She took the nearest pillow she could reach before smacking it onto CAP. “Sorry, Jiyoon-ah. Just to make it a bit more trustable.” CAP winked.

“ you, hyung.” Chunji, who thought his heart dropped the deepest, was hitting him over and over. The speechless kids joined him on abusing their hyung.

“Did you two really plan this??” Niel snarled.

“No! No at all! I was just in the mood to act all cute to him for the treat and he suddenly started the couple thingy!” Jiyoon defended, waving her hands in front of her.

“And you joined him, huh?” Ricky cleared it up.

Jiyoon grinned sheepishly back at him. “Your reactions entertained me well, guys. Really.”

Chunji turned to Jiyoon and walked towards her. He squatted down in front of her, his sharp gaze was glaring at her. “Woah, chill!” she shoved both of her palms to him. The glare was still there as he leaned closer to her, giving her goosebumps. Chunji started tickling her with a teasing face. “Gosh!!!” Jiyoon screamed. “Help!!”

Nice move right there. Changjo silently hissed, he glanced at Ricky sneakily. Ricky nodded as he caught maknae’s gaze, knowing well what it meant. Changjo smirked back at him.

CAP stepped into the scene and pulled Chunji away. “Ya! What are you doing to my girlfriend!” he was still immersed to the boyfriend-girlfriend play.

“Aaaah! Stop it, hyung!” L.Joe and Niel pulled him back instead, Chunji turned to face CAP and started abusing him again. Ricky was joining the scene later.

Jiyoon was panting from the tickles. She tried to get up and stole a glance on Changjo who was sitting still on his bed, watching the abusive party in front of him. He smirked at Jiyoon when he caught her confused gaze. She moved beside him, joined watching. “They really don’t have any useful things to do, do they?” she asked Changjo rhetorically.

“They don’t.” Changjo’s gaze were stuck on the chaos.

“Why don’t you join them? It seems fun,” Jiyoon chuckled.

I have a better thing to do right here. Sitting side by side with you, just like what we did last night. Minus the hugs and the sobs. But I’m quite happy for this.

******

Jiyoon practically had nothing to do that night. Her eyes were fixed on the TV screen, showing some kind of a cheesy show she didn’t understand since it’s in Japanese. But she’s not really there though. Her mind felt troubled for nothing. Only a week and a half she had spent, but she already ran out of ideas for the things she should have done there. The boys were going out to the same restaurant again for dinner. That’s why she didn’t come along. She had enough of the most delicious ramen ever. Teen Top kept saying that with their starry eyes everytime she asked where they’re going to.

And yes, Teen Top. People had been calling them as a whole by that. At least that’s what Chunji said. “But I don’t think you guys are still teen enough to be called Teen Top,” Jiyoon emphasized in reply.

“We’re teens inside,” Niel defended Teen Top’s pride.

“Gah, you guys aren’t more than stubborn kids with incurable stupidity,” Jiyoon scoffed at Niel’s confidence. The smart girl had ran away first before they finished spelling out what she actually just said. Teen Top’s annoyed shouts transmitted through the walls, increasing Jiyoon’s speed to save herself faster.

“Sorry, are you still watching the TV?” A blonde girl, whom later known as one of the occupants in the room next to theirs, snapped Jiyoon back from her daydream. Flinched a bit by the sudden appearance of her, Jiyoon hastily formed a smile, shaking her head vigorously. “Is it okay if my friends and me play a DVD here?” the blonde asked again, making sure.

“Go on.” Jiyoon nodded her head at the same.

“By the way, I’m Jane.” She took the seat next to Jiyoon, handing out her hand for a handshake as she waited for her other friends playing up the DVD.

“I’m Jiyoon.”

The two were getting their strings attached, before the Swedish girl bursted her mind out. “So, you’re here with your boyfriend and his friends?”

Jiyoon stared bluntly, conceiving that it’s just a misheard. Well, she did take it as a misheard. “Come again?”

Jane tapped her thigh lightly. “I meant, your roommates,” she chuckled, not sure she’s laughing at her nonsense words or Jiyoon’s clueless image. Maybe both. “Let me guess, your boyfriend is the blonde one, isn’t it?” Jane continued talking in her own world. “I see you more often with him.”

“What?!” Jiyoon scoffed when she knew that Jane was talking about Chunji. “No, he’s not!” Jiyoon reflexively waved both her hands, denying.

“Ah! It must be the one who gave you a piggyback then! I knew it!” Jane half shouted, feeling excited on the guessing game.

Jiyoon gulped, blinking her eyes in a few time in disbelief. “You’re caught there, dear,” she more after noticing the anxiousity on her face.

“H-he’s not my boyfriend!!” Jiyoon almost squealed. Her flustered face just made Jane happier.

“We all know you’re having breakfast with him, just the two of you, in the last few days.” Jiyoon was completely frozen then. “I like your way of dating. Dinner is way too mainstream, maybe I should try the breakfast date soon.” Jane shrugged.

“It just happened because we’re the early risers!” Jiyoon argued.

“Well, the early bird catches the worm.” Jane smiled ear to ear.

“The movie has started!” Jiyoon tried to distract Jane.

“I’m not going to be distracted, girl. Unfortunately I’m just here since my friends are all here. I’m not interested in the movie to be honest. I probably would just talk to you instead. So, where’s your boyfriend?” Jane glanced around after spluttering her mind out.

“For God's sake, Jane, he’s not my boyfriend!”

“But any of the others seemed like one. So, which one?” the stubborn Jane insisted with her very own guessing the boyfriend game.

“None of them, Jane. Please stop,” Jiyoon trailed off, unconsciously showing her puppy eyes.

“I’m not gonna stop until you tell me which one. Just admit it!” Jane slapped her thigh, Jiyoon’s eyes rolled.

“If none of them is, then how the heck could I tell you?!” Jiyoon completely had no idea how Jane and her were already talking about such thing in their very first talk.

Familiar buzzing could be heard coming from the front door. Jane leaned herself to check if she was right. “I don’t know if he’s the one, but your prince charming is coming her.” Evil smirk was shown on her face as she told Jiyoon, made her turning her head to follow her gaze. Chunji was walking towards her while the rest proceeded to the bedroom after greeting her.

“Am I disrupting your talk?” he asked Jiyoon soon as he approached her.

“No, not at all.” Jiyoon shook her head, trying not to glance at Jane since she knew how her expressions would look like. Jane was pressing her lips together, giving out her best to hold both her evil smirks and laughs.

“Do you mind to go for a walk?” At least Jiyoon was happy to know that Jane didn’t speak Korean. Jane’s hand was grasping the cushion sneakily, couldn’t help fangirling on how intense the blonde guy’s gaze on Jiyoon was.

Jiyoon nodded at Chunji and asked him to wait outside before she turned to the fangirl beside her. Rolling her eyes at Jane, Jiyoon snatched the cushion away and smacked her lightly. “What did he say just now?” Jane didn’t budge by the smack. “Did he just ask you out?!”

“Well, literally.” Jiyoon gave a nod at the unstoppable girl.

“Oh my God! Did you see his intense gaze on you?! I just can't!” Jane totally squealed like how fangirls did while fanning herself.

“You look like a stupid fangirl!” Jiyoon hissed, getting up from her seat. “I’m going now. See ya!” she just walked for a few steps when Jane literally sprung on the sofa to grab Jiyoon’s arm.

“Gah! What else?!” Jiyoon nagged on the clinging girl.

“Tell the deep voiced guy that he’s cute.” Jane winked and smirked at once at the whining Jiyoon.

“Go flash that flirty wink on him right away!”

******

“What’s Chunji hyung up to?” Ricky glanced around, ready to spot who’s answering him.

“He said he’s going out again to get something,” L.Joe mumbled lazily from his bed, sticking to the scenario Chunji told him.

“What’s something?” Niel asked further.

“Ya! That’s all I know! Don’t ask me like I know everything he does!” L.Joe rose his head to send a death glare on Niel.

You do know. Changjo hissed lowly, shrugging the negative thoughts off.