Sorry

The Roommate

Jiyoon peeked from her bed, Chunji was sleeping on his bed. To be exact, the guys were already sleeping. She pouted in disappoinment. She peeked once again and realized Changjo's bed was empty. Bingo.

She climbed down her bed, silently turned the door knob, and walked to the common room.

Changjo was there laying his back lazily on the couch, alone again, watching the TV for real that time, not just staring blankly like what he did before. Jiyoon approached him happily with big hopes. She sat cross-legged down on the carpet, next to his legs.

To the boy, he was extremely happy to see her came to him. Alone without her guy. Moreover, she's showing him the best smile he loved.

"Ya, just sit here on the couch," he told.

She shrugged. "I like it down here." Then she found him slided down to sit beside her. "I didn't force you to move," added her. "Why haven't you gone to bed?" she asked since she got no respond from him for her previous words.

"Don't feel like going to bed this soon," he answered, his gaze was still straight at the TV. The guys spent their whole day outside, that's why the rest of them went to bed quite early although it's just 10pm. But to that lightsleeper, being tired was nothing compared to his broken heart he'd been suffering of. No matter how happy he was to see Jiyoon close to him, she's still Chunji's. And he hated that. Interacting with her just made him more mad because he would just fall deeper for her.

"Changjo-ya," she paused, hesitating. He glanced at her, waiting for her to continue. "Do you mind to accompany me to the convenience store?" her hope sparkled through her grin at him.

He hissed as he looked away from her. "Why me? Just go ask your boyfriend," he scoffed. Changjo himself didn't understand why he hearted to dis her.

"He's not my boyfriend," she said. "Moreover he's already sleeping."

He frowned a bit, but he went on talking. "Then wake him up, is it that hard? Don't come to me just because he's not there to help you," he snarled. "You're the one who didn't wish to be helped by me, did you?" he quipped, bringing back their 'fight' back to the surface.

"Ya, what's wrong with you?" she stared at him in disbelief, shocked by the unexpected respond. "I thought you've changed but you're still you."

He snorted. "Changed? I've been this me all along. If you don't like it then just deal with it because I'd rather be a jerk than faking it up just to be liked by people just so you know. I don't really care about what people think of me." He implicitly quipped on Chunji.

"If you don't want to go with me you should've just said no without giving lectures on me," she shot back. She then got up and left, walking out the hostel.

Changjo ruffled his hair in frustration before running after her while cursing himself for being stupid. "Ya, Jiyoon-ah, I'm sorry." He had grabbed her arm to stop her. You're a real man if you go apologize to her, Ricky's words back then echoing in his mind. He really got to apologize.

"You don't have to be sorry, the devil inside you is still there anyway," she replied coldly. The girl pulled her arm from his grip and started walking again.

"Fine. I'll accompany you," he said, standing before the girl since he had caught her up.

"No need. You don't want to from the first place," dissed her. She kept walking with the guy tailing behind her.

"I'm still gonna go anyway," Changjo stubbornly stated. "Like I would let you to go alone after what happened before."

She hissed. "I think you'd prefer to see me prove my words by dying in my own stupidity."

"Well, your life still has its worth to some people," he replied. "Especially to Chunji," throwing the bait again.

She snorted at his lame words. "You're getting on my nerves, really."

Later they arrived at the convenience store. The two were sitting side by side. Jiyoon was stirring her cup noodle while Changjo was having a sip on his coffee.

"So, seems like you're always being hungry around midnight." Changjo tried to break the ice.

"You talk too much," she muttered.

"I was just asking." He shrugged, having a slight mental breakdown. He then got up to buy his own cup noodle. "Couple bracelet, eh?" asked him as he's already back sitting on his stool, playing with her bracelet, actually trying to have some skinship with her again. "So cute to have couple stuffs with your boyfriend."

"I've told you he's not my boyfriend!" she nagged.

"Not your boyfriend? What did you mean? No way! Just how? Tell me. You two have stated it before," he spluttered. Silence. "Wait, you two broke up already?"

"Let me tell you something," she lowered down her voice. "It's a spoof."

Changjo choke hard on his noodles, coughing harshly as he struggled to swallow his food. "What?!" he exclaimed, completely shouting at her. "What's this all about?!"

"You guys have been tricked," she chuckled.

He frowned, not sure which part she meant exactly. "What?"

"I'm not dating Chunji, it's just a joke," she explained, half laughing. Changjo stared blankly in disbelief at her, still. Thinking whether it's just his dream, the best dream he ever had. "Remember when Chunji and I didn't talk to each other for a few days?" Changjo nodded at her. "He had tricked me before that. And I'm getting my revenge now."

Changjo's expression didn't change. He still couldn't believe the truth between them. "Wait, are you saying that Chunji doesn't know he's been tricked too?" Changjo gasped a little as he got a nod from Jiyoon. "But..those kisses you had...," he trailed off. No matter what, they kissed. Few times.

"Well, he did kiss me. It's all just a light peck, so it's fine to me." But it's not fine to Changjo. "I don't hate him, really. I enjoy my time with him though, it's fun," she continued as the guy didn't budge.

"What happened actually?" Changjo couldn't hold back his curiosity anymore. He was seriously waiting for her explanation, forgetting his half eaten noodle.

"Well, we fought. I was damn annoyed by him that time. And few days ago he came to me to apologize and he confessed too," she said. "He really thought I took him," she laughed.

"You know he confessed for real, right?"

"I'm not really sure whether he's serious or he just used it to melt my heart so I would forgive him."

"Then why?" Changjo shot another question again.

"Why what?" Jiyoon asked back.

"Why don't you just take him as your real boyfriend or whatever you prefer to say that," Changjo corrected.

Jiyoon hesitated, aimlessly stirring the remaining soup in her noodle's cup. "I like him but I've never seen him that way." She shrugged.

"So..Chunji is completely clueless about this?" he made sure. The girl nodded slowly at him.

Changjo was still dazed by her explanations. The fact that she's just faking it all up really got him. He couldn't deny the fact that he's happy, he was. But somehow he wasn't sure how Chunji would feel when he knew the truth.

Chunji really loved her. So did Changjo.

"You know you got to deal with the consequences later, right? That you might hurt him?" Changjo started pitying Chunji.

Jiyoon turned silent. "Yeah, but I don't really care. I want to give him a lesson for playing a girl easily."

"Playing you? Is it about the 'cold war' between you two back then?" he kept digging.

Jiyoon nodded at Changjo's question. "But I'm not telling you more since you know too much already." Changjo sulked, he sighed in disappoinment. "Promise me you won't tell the boys," she demanded.

"But..until when you're gonna do this?"

Jiyoon was then the one sighing. "I'll end it soon. I'm tired by him stealing kisses like everytime." She tried to joke but Changjo didn't laugh. His expression turned darker instead. "Promise me you won't tell them?" she snapped him back, taking out her pinky finger.

He nodded surely, twining his pinky finger with hers. "Promise."

They walked back to the hostel in silence. They didn't want to blame each other for making it be that awkward since they actually made it awkward. Jiyoon was walking one step forward in front of him. The girl suddenly stopped on her feet just when they were about to reach their room, causing the spaced out boy to bump onto her. He didn't protest for it, nor even grunt. His questioning stare was waiting for the girl to speak whatever she wanted to.

"Promise me again you won't tell them." She demanded with worried looks. Changjo just gave her a slight nod. "Say it out."

Changjo rolled his eyes. "I promise to you, Kim Jiyoon, that I won't tell the boys about everything we talked about just now," he vowed.

A pleased smile plastered on her face. "Good." She tapped his left cheek twice before getting into the room first.

Changjo followed her in. He let out a heavy sigh as he lay himself on his bed.

"Ya, Changjo-ya." He just closed his eyes when Jiyoon called him in a whisper.

He turned his head to see her head tucked out. "What else?!" he whispered back, annoyed.

The girl grinned innocently instead. "Good night." She showed him the sweetest smile he ever saw.

Changjo's face was completely flushed. He's glad that the room was dark so that she couldn't see how red his face would have been. "G-good night," he replied. He then hid under his blanket, trying to slow his heart beat down while his face was still burning hot.

I'm sorry, Chanhee hyung.

******

Changjo's sudden change of mood, into a happy and bright one, confused his hyungs and even Jiyoon. He had never looked that happy. His hyungs had been wondering where Changjo had learned a good anger management in such a short period, whether he had eaten a wrong food, or maybe he had ran onto a pole somewhere. But none of those was right.

Actually, the days after had been awkward for Changjo. That guilty feelings for being too happy were always there everytime he had to witness Jiyoon's fake sweet actions in front of Chunji. Man, she's faking it up. It brought satisfaction to him when he saw Chunji's proud expression from his PDA with Jiyoon. But soon after, he would find himself pitying Chunji, his own hyung he betrayed.

I'm sorry, Chanhee hyung.