A Night Out

The Roommate

“It’s a pleasure to meet you guys.” Jiyoon shed a tear as the boys were preparing to leave. “I hope we can meet again soon and hang out like we usually do here.”

CAP stepped closer to hug her first. “Don’t worry, Jiyoon-ah. It’s a must. We have it in our minds already.”

“I don’t know you can cry.” L.Joe lightly punched her arm, laughing. Jiyoon pouted at him as he punched him back. “We’re gonna meet again soon.” He patted her shoulder.

Without any words, Ricky barged forward to hug Jiyoon. “Don’t forget me, the cute one,” he finally said with a blushing face.

“Of course I won’t, Changhyun. I won’t forget all of you guys.” Jiyoon smiled warmly. “Ever.” She then moved towards Chunji and hugged him tight. She buried her face on his shoulder in silence. The regretful memories flashed again in her mind. “I’m sorry,” she whispered low enough just for him to hear.

Chunji pulled her tighter into his hug. He closed his eyes, cherishing his last moment with her. He didn’t care about the boys’ stares at them. He wouldn’t care. “Don’t be so mean to her, Changjo-ya. I’m worried to leave her here only with you,” he told Changjo as he made a gap between Jiyoon and him. “If later I found out you’re doing something bad on her, you’re so done.”

Changjo forced a smile. “I won’t. We’re good now.” His excitement to see Chunji leaving soon had beat up his annoyance on Chunji and Jiyoon’s intimate hug.

“Listen to him, Changjo-ya. You’re dead.” Niel emphasized, getting a glare from the maknae. “Just call us if he’s relapsing again, okay?” he teased Changjo more.

“I will,” Jiyoon giggled, somehow pleased to see Changjo’s irritated face.

They walked out the hostel together before stopping on the doorstep to bid each other the last goodbye. “We’re going now,” announced CAP. “Take care, you two,” L.Joe added. Changjo and Jiyoon nodded at the same time, acknowledging the message.

“See you in Seoul.” Niel winked at Jiyoon, but Changjo jumped between the two. “See you in hell,” Changjo chuckled, trying to get his revenge on Niel. The teased one rolled his eyes at the maknae.

Jiyoon escaped from the two to hug Chunji again. “Take care, Oppa.” She kissed his cheek. Chunji formed a forced smile before giving a kiss on her forehead.

Changjo pressed his lips together and turned to Ricky to distract his mind. “I’ll probably be invading your place again when I get back to Seoul,” he told Ricky.

Ricky frowned at his words, but then he understood it already. It must be about his family again. Changjo had been staying at his hyungs’ places for the last few weeks before they went for Japan. He didn’t like it to be home. “Ah, sure. Just come whenever you want.”

“Ya! Ya! Ya! Come on! We’re gonna be late!” CAP nagged at his dongsaeng who were busy by themselves. “Okay we’re going now! Bye!” They waved at each other before walking down the alley, fading from Changjo and Jiyoon’s sight.

“What’s your plan for today?” Changjo asked her as they got back into their then empty room. “Going out or staying?”

Jiyoon landed herself on CAP’s bed so she could talk to him easier. “I want to take a walk but there’s no exact place in my mind yet. How about you?”

“If you’re going out, I want to come along if you don’t mind since I have nothing to do today.” He was lying on the carpet with his gaze on her.

“I don’t mind, but where are we going to?” she asked back. “You go out more often than me, so you must have more references for good places.” She smirked, quipping on his habit to vanish alone back then.

“You’re quipping on me, aren’t you?” he rolled his eyes. “I just wandered around. So I can’t recommend you places to go since I didn’t go somewhere exact,” he replied.

She let out a sigh before started thinking. “Ah, I really have no idea what I want to do today. Just how,” she whined later. “Changjo-ya, help.” She kicked his leg slowly.

“Ya! How should I help you if you don’t even know what you want?!” he snarled back jokingly. “I’m not a mind reader!”

“Then let’s just stay here until dinner time comes.” She walked past Changjo and climbed to her bed, giving up. “I’m taking a nap, bye.”

Changjo was speechless on her. Whatever we do, it’s all fine if we’re together all along. He smiled to himself before moving to his own bed, going somewhere with Jiyoon in his dream.

******

Jiyoon opened her eyes. She scanned the room to find it empty, not getting used to the silence yet. The good vibe was well-lived with Teen Top around by their noises. She peeked down for the second time to realize Changjo was already missing again.

Realizing that she was bored to death for the whole day, she forced herself to get up. What she did during the day wasn’t more than sleeping and staring at her ceiling.

She climbed down her bed and went out the room with her purse was already slinging across her body. She stopped by the bathroom to wash her face before turning to the common room, unconsciously searching for Changjo, the only friend left she had there.

She silently plumped herself on the couch with a direct stare on the TV screen. “You finally woke up,” Changjo quipped, smirking. The girl was still staring at the TV although she’s not watching it for real. “I even thought you wouldn’t wake up again.” His words successfully made her turned at him, glaring in silence. “Where are you going by the way?” he changed the topic.

Jiyoon crossed her arms. “Dinner with you, but if you’re not going then I’d just go alone,” she coldly answered. She raised her eyebrow as she waited for his answer.

Changjo’s heart skipped a bit. It sounded so sweet to his ears, dinner with you. Fortunately he could snapped himself back to the reality, struggling to play it cool. “Sure. I’ve been waiting for you actually. Glad to finally see you woke up.” He mentally laughed remembering the words he just said, I’ve been waiting for you.

They were then walking down the busy night streets, searching for the right place to eat at. Changjo shoved his hands inside of his hoodie’s pockets instead of holding her hand. The guts weren’t there for him yet. He’s taking his time since Chunji wasn’t there anymore.

The girl herself was holding onto her purse’s strap which crossing across her body. Her gaze was mostly directed towards the shops they passed by. None of them started a talk. No matter how they had made up in the past, the awkwardness was always still there, tempting their senses.

They ended up sitting across each other in a restaurant they chose randomly before. They were busy scanning the menu; the waitress was standing by their table, ready to write down their orders. “Ready to order?” asked the waitress.

“One curry rice,” they said excitedly in unison, making them stared at each other in disbelief.

“So, it would be two portions of curry rice?” the waitress emphasized to make sure. They nodded at her in agreement. “Drinks?”

“Hot green tea, please.” The waitress turned to Changjo after writing down Jiyoon’s order. “Just make it two,” he answered her anticipating looks.

Another awkward moment came as soon as the waitress left them after making sure of their orders for the last time. Jiyoon was glancing around the restaurant with an examining gaze on the new surroundings. Changjo himself was playing with his fingers on the table while stealing glances at her once in a while. He kept feeling uneasy everytime it’s just only the two of them since he hadn’t got used to it yet.

The silence was there all along until they finished their meals. Jiyoon was then looking down on her glass of tea while Changjo was pretending to be busy on his own, just like their first meal together, the breakfast, when it’s just the two of them back then. Being honest, both of their minds were struggling to throw a topic to be talked, but their anxiety made it harder to find anything good.

"So," they started off in chorus. They paused to look at each other. "You go," Changjo told her.

The girl shook her head vigorously. "No, you go first," she replied.

After arguing on whom should be going first, they finally decided it through rock-paper-scissors. It's really stupid to be thought, but they got nothing else to end the arguments.

"Where are we going after this?" Jiyoon asked since she won the the rock-paper-scissors.

Changjo shrugged. "It's up to you. I'll just follow wherever you go," he said.

"You sounded like a stalker." She rolled her eyes. "Suddenly I think about doing a night shopping. Do you really want to go with me? Boys hate accompanying girls to do shopping, don't you?" she raised her eyebrow, looking forward on his agreement.

"Call." He smiled warmly at her. It felt weird to her since he rarely to be all friendly on her. "I used to accompany my mom back then, so yeah it's a piece of cake to me. I had enough, I'm immuned already, don't worry."

 

Changjo was sitting on the store's couch, watching Jiyoon wandered here and there, invading the racks, before the girl came back with three dresses in her hands. "Does this dress look good on me?" she asked him as she put one of the dresses on her. Everything looks good on you, he thought. He just nodded while showing her a slight smile.

"Ah, really. I can't choose one out of these three. Which one I should choose?" she asked him again while lying the dresses beside him on the couch. She put her hands on her waist, pouting all along.

"The middle one," he spoke. It's his own personal choice. A knee-length navy blue dress with pinkish floral prints on it. Jiyoon gave him a doubting look as she heard his choice. "I'm serious! The middle one is the best." He made sure.

"Fine. If I regret this later, I'm gonna blame it on you, sir." She walked away to put the other two back on the rack before making her way to the cashier, paying the one Changjo had chosen.

 

"Do you really think this one's the best?" Jiyoon referred to the dress she bought. She kept asking him the same question on their way back to the hostel. Somehow she didn't trust Changjo's choice that much.

"Ya! Why don't you believe me?!" he laughed between his protest. "I did that a lot! My way of choosing things has improved by helping my mom choosing the stuffs she wanted to buy!" he argued.

"It's just difficult for me to trust you." She tucked out her tongue playfully. "You know, most of the guys would just choose it randomly to finish it faster." She rolled her eyes. "That's what I expected from you."

"I can't do that for sure! Choosing stuffs for my mom means that I have to think of how I want her to look like, so I have to choose the best one for her."

"But I'm not your mom," she disproved.

"But I still want to choose the best one for you!" Changjo spluttered in defense. He didn't regret his words, he wanted her to know it for real.

His words made Jiyoon blushed right away. It just turned weirder and weirder to her. "Good to know." She tried to ease the awkwardness she got. "Then probably I should bring you along on the next shopping. Maybe I'll even call you to accompany me shopping when we're back in Seoul later."

"Since when I turned into your very own personal fashion consultant?!" his eyes widened as he shouted. "You made me sounded like I'm one of those gay fashion experts," he muttered.

"Since you want the best for me?" she asked back. "I acknowledge that your choice just now wasn't bad at all though. It's the dress I personally chose out of those three."

"Then why did you even ask me if you had chosen that dress?" he argued. "You girls are really-" he ran out of words.

Jiyoon circled her right arm around him and patted his shoulder. "It's already hard to understand girls, but it's harder to understand me," she chuckled happily on teasing the boy.

Changjo sighed as he stared at her, "Indeed."

 


A/N:

Back with an update! Calling all #TeamChangjo for a celebration as their moments are coming! And #TeamChunji please bear for a while!

And just for your info, I have a new BTS fic. If you want to check it out, here it goes: The End Where I Begin

Thank you and happy reading! ^^