Done

The Roommate

Jiyoon sighed to find the room empty, still. The happiness didn’t last long. The uneasiness was coming around again, ready to hunt her down. She was trying to distract herself by reading the book again.

She landed her back on the bed. She spent the rest afternoon by reading the book for hours before turning the TV on, trying to find anything good. It was around 6 pm when she got up to take a shower. Later she went out the bathroom and nothing had changed. It was still only her all alone in the spacious room.

Losing her appetite, she didn’t bother herself to go out for dinner that night. She had promised herself that she would stay up in the room until Changjo came. So that she wouldn’t lose another chance to talk to him. She insisted to keep her pride by not calling Changjo instead. Having a face-to-face conversation was the best after all.

******

Hiroshi just finished helping a guest with the belongings when he noticed a little ruckus right outside the entrance. The curiosity brought him there to the scene. The hotel guards were swarming around a person, clearly having an argument.

“Sorry, Sir. What’s happening?” he asked one of the guards since his body couldn’t make it to see the object.

“A drunk intruder is trying to get into the hotel,” he told him. Hiroshi nodded as his mouth formed an ‘O’.

But the answer didn’t easily satisfy Hiroshi. He tried to tiptoe and slip between the tall guards to see the drunkard whom had caused the mess. His eyes widened in surprise when he finally got to see the one they referred as the drunkard. Changjo.

“Uh… Sir?” Hiroshi bit his lip as he tried to get the guards’ attention on him. “Can I take him over?”

All the guards’ gazes were turned to him. “You think you can handle this man? He could harm you! He’s an intruder!”

The drunk Changjo mumbled curses. “Damn it! I ing stay here!” he almost tripped on his own feet. His eyes were half opened. Fortunately Hiroshi was fast enough to hold him up to stand.

“He… He really stays here,” Hiroshi announced. “I know him. Just let me help him back to his room.”

The guards were shooting doubtful stares at Hiroshi. “Are you sure that he still stays here?” one of the guards asked.

Hiroshi nodded vigorously. “His roommate is still here. They haven’t checked out. He still stays here.” He repeated to make sure.

“I thought he’s an intruder. Moreover he’s drunk,” the guard mumbled.

“I’ve told you I stay here!” Changjo snarled back at the guard, half-conscious. His body was still supported by Hiroshi.

“Okay, Sir. I’m sorry,” the guard replied. “Do you need help?” he turned to ask Hiroshi.

Hiroshi shook his head. “No, no need. I can handle it,” he answered as he slung Changjo’s arm above his shoulder. “Good night, Sir.”

 

Hiroshi was dragging Changjo along. Fortunately it’s quite deserted so the scene of a bellboy dragging a drunk guest mostly just attracted the hotel crews’ attentions. “What happened this time?” Hiroshi tried to talk normally to the guy who was leaning on his shoulder while they’re in the elevator. Changjo stupidly laughed without giving any answers.

“How did you get back here?” Hiroshi gave another attempt.

“Taxi,” Changjo unbelievably answered his question.

Hiroshi snorted. “Rich man, indeed,” he muttered to his own self as he dragged him out the elevator.

******

Jiyoon almost fell asleep when she heard the bell rang. Lots of assumptions of what’s waiting behind the door crossed her mind, but none of those could explain the scene she saw. It’s Hiroshi staring at her worriedly. The highlight part was Changjo leaning on Hiroshi’s shoulder, obviously drunk.

Jiyoon and Hiroshi exchanged stares. The girl was dumbfounded.

“I know you’re shock, but sorry, can I take him inside? He’s heavy, for your info.” Hiroshi put a bit sarcasm in his beg.

“O-oh I’m sorry!” Jiyoon jumped aside as she opened the door wider. She was frozen on her feet, watching Hiroshi rushed past her, struggling to move Changjo.

“Okay, I leave him to you now. My job’s done. Just tell me if you need anything,” Hiroshi told Jiyoon who was standing still by the door. “I don’t know what happened either. He was already at the entrance,” he answered her puzzled stare at him.

Jiyoon nodded lifelessly. “Thank you.” Hiroshi replied with a nod before closing the door behind her.

She had no idea what she should do. Firstly, she decided to walk closer to the bed, getting a clearer picture of the drunk Changjo. Hiroshi just practically lay him down. His head was on the bed, not on the pillow, while his lower legs were hanging at the end of the bed. On the other part, his face reddened. His lips formed a weak smile or a smirk once in a while, mumbling something she couldn't get.

She squatted down on the carpet in front of his legs, untying his shoes and taking his socks off as well. She then got on the bed. Her mind was completely blank. She sighed before trying her best to drag his body up so he could lean his head on his pillow. She was undoubtedly panting after succeeding her task. She was amazed by how Hiroshi succeeded to drag him from the lobby. She then threw herself on her side of the bed.

Glancing at the guy beside her, she wasn’t sure whether Changjo was sleeping or he actually passed out. She turned her head away from him, staring at the ceiling. Changjo was back after all, but she didn’t really wish that he came back that way.

“I love you, Jiyoon-ah.” Changjo’s shaky voice startled her to death. She rose up on her elbow to see him. His voice sounded more like a whine, desperate one.

His eyes were shut closed, still. As she thought it was just a misheard which she should've just shrugged off, the guy continued rambling. He wasn’t sleeping nor even passed out. His eyes then were fluttering open a bit.

“I’ve had enough, Jiyoon-ah. You tortured me enough. I love you Jiyoon-ah.” His voice was being shakier.

Jiyoon witnessed the expression on his face when he said it. It’s hard for her to believe. It’s Changjo unconsciously rambling his mind, his heart out. “Don’t you notice the way I act towards you? I love you, Jiyoon-ah! I really love you!” A drop of tears fell down on his face as his tone raised, sounded more frustrated.

“Knowing that you went out with Hiroshi without telling me just reminds me on my days back then, to see you went out with Chunji hyung everytime. It hurt,” Changjo laughed wryly. “It hurt, Jiyoon-ah. I’ve had enough. You don’t know how hurt it is.” His laugh went weak before his tears streamed down for real.

Jiyoon shifted closer to him and leaned her head beside his. Her right hand embraced his face who was looking up with his eyes half-opened. The girl was leaning on her side, staring at the side figure of him.

“Funny how it’s just you who could break me down badly like this,” he laughed between his tears.

“I love you Jiyoon-ah. I just want to say I love you. I want you to know. I want you to notice. I want you to realize it. I love you, Jiyoon-ah,” he whined.

Jiyoon choked on his words. Her tears fell down one by one. She leaned her head closer as she pulled him to her carefully. Her hushes made his sobs faded away slowly but surely. They stayed in the same position, wrapped in silence. She was running her fingers through his hair, embracing him.

Later she shifted until was exactly in front of his ear. She whispered something that made him smiled in his half-conscious state. “I love you too, Changjo-ya.”

******

When Jiyoon woke up in the morning, Changjo was sleeping soundly. She couldn’t help to smile at the peaceful face of him. She carefully got off the bed and took a shower.

Changjo hadn’t moved an inch since she left him for shower. He seemed too drained out from the day before. Jiyoon was sitting on the couch, back on reading while waiting for him to wake up. It took about an hour for her to wait. The sound of him moving on the bed made her closed the book right away and put it aside.

“Good morning.” She smiled at Changjo whom had risen a bit and was glancing around cluelessly as she moved to sit on the bed, next to his legs. “How do you feel?”

Changjo hadn’t fully wakened. His head landed back harshly on the pillow again. “What happened?” he slowly asked with his eyes closed. His hands then moved onto his head, massaging it.

“Let me,” she told, ignoring his question. She shifted beside him and carefully moved his head onto her lap before started massaging it for him. He was badly confused. He let out a heavy sigh, feeling every gentle touch of her on his painful head, despite the anomaly on her.

Jiyoon reached out to grab the room’s phone while her other hand was still massaging his head. She asked the room service to bring over their breakfasts since Changjo wouldn’t make it downstairs.

The bell then rang. Jiyoon carefully moved his head back onto the pillow before rushing to the door. She sat on the bed again after putting their breakfasts on the table. “Changjo-ya, you should have your breakfast.”

His eyes fluttered open. Without further ado, he tried to get up by his own. Jiyoon reflexively helped him to get up. She helped him walked to the couch where the two then sat there. Jiyoon was busy unwrapping the plastic wrap, preparing his breakfast first while the guy was just watching her silently through his dizzy sight.

Jiyoon fed him his breakfast. His empty gaze was directed nowhere specific as he munched his food slowly. “Here, drink a lot. It will help.” Changjo put his hand on hers which was holding the glass since she was helping him to drink. It gave a little electric shock when his warmth diffused into her skin. She ended it by wiping his mouth from the water stains using her thumb.

“Thanks,” he weakly said. He was staring at her with a weak gaze as well. The girl replied with a smile and a nod. “You should have yours too.” He referred to her breakfast.

“I’ll have it later. I’m helping you first. What do you want to do now?” she asked. Her smile was still plastered on her face.

“Sit here and watch you having your breakfast before I do anything else.” Changjo looked at her. If he was on his normal state, it would’ve been a glare.

Jiyoon sighed, “Okay, I lost.” She shrugged as she unwrapped her food and started eating.

“What happened?” he repeated the question he had asked before. Jiyoon was already finished eating then. “I can’t remember.” A slight of frustration could be heard in his voice.

“Hiroshi took you here. He said he saw you at the hotel entrance. You’re drunk. I have no idea how you survived getting back here,” answered her, telling him the things she knew except his confession.

Changjo stayed silent for a while. “Ah, the alcohol effect hadn’t completely taken me over. I still got to show the taxi driver the hotel’s address. Probably he just grabbed some money from my wallet and dragged me off of his car.”

“Did I talk something weird? I usually do when I’m drunk.” He turned to Jiyoon, scratching the back of his head, as he was slowly getting back on his normal state.

Jiyoon shook her head. “No, I don’t think so. You’re just mumbling things I don’t understand.” The confession itself wasn’t considered as weird to her. She technically didn’t lie. “Where did you go in the past two days? I saw you sleeping beside me, but I didn’t see you for the whole days.”

Changjo tried to stay cool while he was badly flustered inside. “I... I wasn’t in the right mood. I was worried if I might hurt you like what used to happen,” he explained.

“Did you mad at me for going out that night?” she shot the main question right away. Her anticipating gaze made him nervous on what he should tell her.

He couldn’t hide his anxiety anymore. “I can’t stop worrying about you after what happened back then. I… I was-“ he choked.

Changjo was startled when Jiyoon held his hand on his lap. They stared at each other in silence, letting their eyes talked. “Thank you,” Jiyoon whispered, smiling. She bent forward to hug him.

He was agape by everything happened between them that morning. It felt different to him. Something’s different in her eyes, in her gaze at him. He felt loved.

“You should have a lot of rest today,” told Jiyoon as she pulled herself away. “I’m going out for a while.” His face tautened hearing her words. “Don’t worry, I’ll get back soon after I finish.” She smiled to calm him down. “What do you want for lunch? I’ll get it for you.”

“Anything.” Changjo shrugged. His expression was darkened after since he knew he’d be all alone there. He wouldn’t make it if he forced himself to go with her either. He would just bother her.

 

Changjo was lying on the bed, thinking. Jiyoon had already left. He was wondering about the change in her eyes, in her acts. He mentally listed down the probabilities which could make her changed.

Could it be me being mad at her? Could it be her pitying my drunkenness? Could it be…wait. Hiroshi.

He grabbed his phone and dialed his number. “Steal the master key and get into my room. Now,” he spluttered his order right away, cutting Hiroshi’s sleepy voice which was about to greet him.

“What now?” Hiroshi asked later when he arrived in Changjo’s room. His sleepy face was hidden under his hoodie. “I sacrificed my sleep to come here,” he muttered as he innocently landed himself beside Changjo on the bed, lying on his stomach.

Changjo pushed him to flip his body. He slapped him once on the cheek. “What did you tell her?” he threateningly asked with a low tone.

Hiroshi frowned. He was annoyed and he couldn’t get what Changjo was talking about either. “Tell her what?” he asked back.

“You know my feelings on Jiyoon. You went out with her only, without me. What did your naughty mouth tell her about me?” Changjo glared at him.

Hiroshi hissed. “You really think I'm a big mouth? I didn’t betray you and I won’t betray you!” he shouted.

“Don’t mess with me,” Changjo said. “I asked you once again, what did you tell her about me?!” he questioned it over again. He was locking Hiroshi’s body. “Don’t you dare to lie to me.”

“I’ve helped you for times and this is what I’m getting from you?! Screw you, Hyung! Why don’t you believe me?!” Hiroshi snarled in frustration.

Changjo frowned. He was taken aback by the ‘hyung’ Hiroshi used which brought him laughter to hear his weird pronounciation. “’Hyung’?” he ignored his protest since he was more concerned at the ‘hyung’.

“Jiyoon told me that I can even call you ahjussi,” Hiroshi cluelessly added.

Hiroshi squealed when Changjo kicked him. “Jiyoon?!” he asked in disbelief. Hiroshi nodded vigorously at him. “For God’s sake, tell me everything you two talked about!”

“We talked about life! That’s all! Then I found out that you two are a year older than me so I decided to call you ‘hyung’,” replied Hiroshi. Changjo stared at him doubtfully. “Well, actually I asked her if you’re her boyfriend.” He grinned.

Changjo’s eyes widened. He pulled Hiroshi by his hoodie to sit up. “What’s her answer?” he anticipatingly waited.

“She was startled by my question and shyly said no. If I didn’t know the truth about you two, I would doubt her answer, honestly,” Hiroshi said. “What happened? You seem panicking.” His eyes skeptically scanned Changjo.

Changjo sighed, “I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel like she’s suddenly excited to see me.”

Hiroshi laughed at his words, causing Changjo to frown again. “Of course she is. You don’t know how she looked like in the past two days. She was worried about you so bad. She asked me in the first day whether I went out with you. And the next day when I had a visit here, she looked disappointed to see me standing in front of the door instead of you. And she also admitted that she had some kind of problems with you. What is it?”

“It’s because of you going out with her that dusk, stupid. You stole her from me,” Changjo scoffed after being dazed for a moment by the story Hiroshi had told.

“I didn’t steal her! I accidentally met her by the pool when I was about to go out and she wanted to come with me!” Hiroshi defended with all his might.

Changjo frowned for the umpteenth time. “By the pool?” the stories Hiroshi told him never failed to puzzle him.

Hiroshi nodded. “Yeah, she told me she had trouble sleeping. She was lying on the pool chair when I saw her, daydreaming. I really thought she was a ghost since she was all alone there at the unusual time. She told me you’re sleeping when I asked about you.”

Changjo recalled the memories from their first night there. Jiyoon’s nightmare, she cried in his hug, he kissed her on the forehead, then she’s gone. He was worried if she was actually bothered by his kiss that night, but then he remembered her face when she arrived back. It was all okay. She didn’t seem to fake it either. It’s all okay, remember her gaze towards you this morning.

“Hyung?” Hiroshi waved his hand in front of his face. “What’s wrong?”

Changjo shook his head. “Nothing.”

“So, are you done yet? I really want to sleep,” Hiroshi muttered.

“Yep. Thanks a lot and I’m sorry for accusing you,” Changjo chuckled as he patted his shoulder. “You may go back to your place. Or it’s just fine for you to sleep here though. I’m going out soon. I have something to be done.”

 


A/N:

*fangirling hard* here's an update to cheer up your start of the week! Holiday's coming soon right? What are you gonna do for Easter? Or are you going somewhere for the holiday? Ah, I asked too much. I'm staying at home, finishing my papers and also continuing my works on this fic!

It's quite a long chap and I hope it's good as well. I was having troubles on deciding where this chap should end hehe I really hope you like this update! And again, I won't get tired by telling you this, comments are always welcomed! To those whom haven't ever left any comments, please spend some moments to do so! I'm just curious on what you think about the story so far.

And a bit of spoiler, those all are still nothing. Something's bigger is coming! I'm really glad to have you whom have been willing to read, subscribe, and leave comments on this fic. I can't thank you one by one but I really am grateful to have you all!

Oh, well, for those whom have read my Teen Top fic before and probably feeling familiar with this long author's note, don't worry, this story won't end this soon. I'm just randomly having this feeling to write a longer note hehe enjoy! <3

*I really thank you whom have read these random words thoroughly hahaha*