One Last Kiss

The Roommate

"If you’re pretending from the start like this,
With a tight grip, then my kiss
Can mend your broken heart
I might miss everything you said to me

And I can lend you broken parts
That might fit like this
And I will give you all my heart
So we can start it all over again"

 

"Why are we here again? You know our memories here aren't that good," Jiyoon whined knowing that Chunji had brought her to the park where they fought at back then.

Chunji smiled. "That's why I want to fix it today."

"Must it be here? At the precise spot?" Jiyoon whined again as they arrived at the bridge, but she hopped on the fence to sit there right away.

"I've said I want to make it a good one today," Chunji replied.

"So, how will it turn into a good one?" Jiyoon asked Chunji who was standing in front of her, holding onto her waist.

"Uhm, let's just spend our time here first." Chunji showed his evil smirk. "Keeping the best for the last."

Jiyoon pouted. "You really like to delay things, don't you? As expected."

Chunji pinched her cheek. "You have to increase your patience, little girl."

Jiyoon glanced around, wondering why it's so quiet around them. "Chanhee, don't you think it's kinda deserted here?"

Chunji's face was sullen. "You didn't use the 'oppa'." He made the quotation marks with his fingers while he talked. "Why is it so hard for you to call me oppa? I'm still older than you after all."

"I found 'Chanhee' cute already." She smiled, but soon she was attacked by his complains. "Ya, calling a boyfriend 'oppa' is too mainstream. I'm doing it my own way. So, deal with it, Chanhee-ya." She grinned teasingly before paying her audacity by leaving a light kiss on his cheek.

"But you called the others 'oppa'!" Chunji kept on protesting. "It's not fair!"

"Life's unfair, indeed." Jiyoon innocently patted him.

"I don't need lectures!" Chunji pouted.

"Then what do you need?" Jiyoon raised her eyebrows.

Chunji kissed her lips to answer, startling Jiyoon a bit, making her hug him in reflex. "That's what I need. You," Chunji said, smiling shyly at her.

Chunji's answer successfully threw her into an abyss of guilt. She bit her lip as she stared at Chunji, hesitating whether she should tell him the truth or not. It would hurt him, she acknowledged it in the end. But whatever would happen, she had to go on and deal with it. She couldn't live in lies forever, neither could the clueless Chunji.

"What's wrong?" Chunji frowned, asking her silence. Jiyoon faked a smile and hugged him instead. Undoubtedly, he hugged her back soothingly.

Jiyoon then drowned into her thoughts again. She had been trying to find a way how she could tell him the truth. On the other side, she didn't heart to hurt him. She just saw his sincerity she hadn't seen before, and she felt bad for it. She had no idea that Chunji was all serious with her. The playful Chunji was no longer playful when it came to relationships. She promised herself to find a way to tell him the truth, soon.

Jiyoon pulled herself away slowly from Chunji. The guy was staring lovingly at her, like how he'd been doing all along.

"Kim Jiyoon," Chunji started. Everytime Jiyoon heard her full name being mentioned seriously, she always had that creepy feelings crawling on her. She hurriedly shrugged the bad thoughts away. "Marry me."

Jiyoon felt like she just got shot in the head. She was late. It's all too late. Chunji had gone too far. It would crush him down if she told him the truth. There's no chance for him to be actually joking when it came to marriage. He's ing serious.

Jiyoon was totally lost. Her body was limp, worse than what she got from being shocked by the fireworks' banging explosions back then. Her heart dropped by Chunji's words. She felt like crying her sins out. She forced herself to look at Chunji. He's biting his lip in nervousness as he waited for her response. But the girl was way too blank. "Are you serious?" asked Jiyoon, wishing that it's just an April Fools Day's joke. It wasn't, Chunji had showed her a nod with that anticipating expression.

Jiyoon took a deep breath. "Chanhee-ya," she paused. "I'm sorry if I couldn't give you any good memories here back then," she sighed. "Neither could I, today."

Chunji forced a smile. "Well, it's okay. I'll be waiting until you're ready. I really want to make you mine, legally." Jiyoon kissed his cheek before slowly escaping from his hug, walking away from him.

"Jiyoon-ah?" Chunji called her, totally confused by what's going on. Jiyoon stopped on her track, but she didn't turn herself. "What's wrong?" Chunji asked, half running to her.

"You shouldn't wait for me." Jiyoon's voice cracked.

"No, it's fine to me. I'll wait for you, I don't mind," Chunji chuckled a little. But his chuckles soon faded away as Jiyoon didn't budge in her silence.

"I.. I don't think it will happen. I'm sorry." Jiyoon started walking again.

Chunji was left speechless in disbelief. He ran after her to stop her again. "What do you mean?"

Jiyoon inhaled deeply. "It's all my fault. I've been faking all these relationship thingy. I've never been your real girlfriend."

Chunji's jaw dropped open as he stared blankly at her. "W-what?"

"I was mad when you played me here back then. I.. I decided to get my revenge. I didn't take you for real. I.. I have no idea that you would go this far." Jiyoon avoided his gaze.

"Playing you? When did I ever?" Chunji was flustered by her words. He had never meant to play her. Ever.

Jiyoon gulped. "Here, remember?" But Chunji didn't get the idea. "You kissed me with all of your desire and you easily said you're joking."

Chunji was stupefied. It wasn't 100% her fault. It's his from the start. "I-" Chunji choked. "I didn't have any intention to do so. That's not what I meant. I... I really think you like me that time, that's why I was taken aback when you pushed me away," he paused. "I was trying to hide my embarrassment by throwing jokes, but the kiss wasn't a part of the joke, never."

"Then why?" Jiyoon raised her tone. "Why didn't you make any efforts to fix it right away? Why did you have to wait for days? Why did you pretend like there's nothing wrong between us? Huh?" she spluttered. "Am I that easy to your eyes?"

"I..., I really had no idea what I had done wrong until I made you mad like that. It took a while for me to realize what I did wrong," Chunji continued. "I really think you like me all along."

"I do like you," Jiyoon replied right away. "But I never see you that way. I was mad at your carelessness. As a girl I felt like I was being played."

It was a checkmate to them. They both completely had no idea from the start. It's a major misunderstanding they had been having.

Nobody was right. They made mistakes. Big ones.

Chunji sighed, "Then what now? I.. I really have no idea about this, Jiyoon-ah. Really. I've never meant to play you."

Jiyoon glanced at him, but her gaze was weakened. "It's all clear. It's a misunderstanding. Let's just forgive each other and live our lives normally," Jiyoon trailed off. "Or at least just pretend to live normally." She shrugged.

Silence came around. They were staying at the same place, thinking. There's nothing much they could do anymore. It all happened already.

Chunji held her hand. "Isn't there any way for me to have you for real?" he's losing his hopes. "And start it all over again."

Jiyoon looked at him in the eyes, she really felt guilty on what she had done to him, but she couldn't lie anymore. She shook her head slowly. "Unfortunately no. I'm sorry." She pulled him into a hug. "But you know what, Oppa?" she's back on staring into his eyes. "You'll always be my cute Chanhee, I didn't fake that part." She curved her lips a bit.

"I..., I want to thank you for letting me be your boyfriend for a while, although it's all fake. And now I know why you always nagged everytime I kissed you," Chunji chuckled in bitterness. "I'm sorry."

Jiyoon punched his upper arm lightly. "Glad you finally understand it."

"There's really no way for us to be together?" Chunji gave a shot again, he's not giving up yet.

"We've been together everytime." Jiyoon rolled her eyes.

"It's really difficult to talk to you, huh? Let me be straight to the point then. There's really no way for us to get married?" he leaned his face closer to hers.

"I don't love you that way, Lee Chanhee." Jiyoon embraced him. "Deal with it for a while, okay?"

Chunji frowned. "For a while? Then there's still a chance for me?" his facial expressions turned brighter.

Jiyoon recalled back what she just said. "Oh dammit, it's a mistake. Well, I don't really know though. But God later could punish me by making you as my future husband. Who knows." She shrugged. "It's a big punishment I'd have to bear in my whole life."

"Gah, you're so harsh. I'm not that bad!" Chunji sulked. "By the way, how we're gonna tell the others about this?"

"Just say we tricked them. It's all a prank. Easy," Jiyoon punched him jokingly. "Don't worry too much. I won't reveal the truth to them."

Chunji laughed, "You know what? I think we successfully made some good memories here."

"So it's good to you? It's good to have your heart broken?" Jiyoon raised her eyebrow. "I can't believe you moved on that easy. I was right not to take you as my real boyfriend."

"Ya! Let me explain!" Chunji pushed her head lightly. "We might start it off bad here, but somehow I felt grateful for us to get back in this state. I feel more free. It's better than having you nagged at me every single time I tried to get close to you."

"I nag everytime, don't I?" Jiyoon made sure.

"But you nagged more when we're on that fake relationship!!" Chunji snarled. "You're too afraid of me doing something on you, weren't you?"

"You're flirty side made me uneasy to be your girlfriend," answered Jiyoon. "I swear to God I'm gonna kill you if you dared doing something on me."

"Kim Jiyoon." Chunji turned serious again.

"For God's sake don't ever call me by my full name again! I'm traumatized by it!" Jiyoon protested.

"Jiyoonnie." Chunji gave another try.

"Even worse! Don't try to be all cute with me! Never!" Jiyoon shot a death glare at him.

"Then what?!" Chunji snarled back. "Okay then. Uhm, Lee Chanhee's fake girlfriend." He .

"Yeah, what?" Jiyoon was getting tired, approving it right away since it's literally right.

Chunji was standing in front of her, smiling. He embraced her face as he leaned his face closer. He smirked before brushing his lips against hers. He kissed her gently with his eyes closed, half hesitating since he's worried if the history might occur again. Jiyoon slightly smiled. She closed her eyes as well and kissed him back. They kissed, experiencing their longest and most real kiss ever. Funny how they could kiss each other intimately when they're not even a couple but they couldn't when they were a real couple.

They pulled themselves away slowly, panting. Soon they laughed at each other's redden face under the dim light. "You kissed me back," Chunji stated.

"I know, I know. Don't remind me." Jiyoon blushed. Chunji hugged her tight, having Jiyoon's face buried on his shoulder in embarrassment. "That's our last kiss."

"What?! Last?!" Chunji asked in disbelief. "I really thought you've changed your mind!" his eyes widened as he pouted.

Jiyoon rolled her eyes. "Heck no. I was just being kind. Count it as my apology." She grinned. "Our last kiss, remember. Last," she emphasized.

Chunji sighed, "From now on I'm gonna be wishing that God will punish you and make you have me as your husband."

 


 

A/N:

Omg Chanhee what should I do to you, handsome? orz

I have no idea about this chap really. I don't know whether you're gonna love it or not, please leave some words! Dx

The quotation earlier is the reff part to One Direction's Over Again. I accidentally listened to it and omg it's deep.