Midnight Treat

The Roommate

Chunji and Jiyoon were just walking down the street aimlessly, but not worthlessly for the guy. Their legs had brought them two blocks away, yet no exact place had been chosen to be their actual destination that night. None of them bothered to discuss it, even to ask the other. The girl thought Chunji had a place on his mind from the start so she just let him brought her wherever. At least it was better than kept going in the who’s your boyfriend debate with Jane back at the common room.

The two hadn’t exchange any words since they left the hostel. What the girl did wasn’t more than hanging her head low or showing an amazed look on the stores she saw for the first time although she had passed by them for a few times before. Silently. She was just amazed without having any intentions to come into the shop like what most girls did.

Meanwhile, the guy was shoving both his hands into his jeans’ pocket. A thought for tucking one out and intertwined it with hers had been going in and out his mind. Worried if he took the wrong move, he decided to keep the plan for later. Better in time. Since the girl wasn’t paying much attention towards his presence, he could freely stealing glances on her. His body heat gathered in his cheeks once in a while everytime he realized he was drowned into admiring her elegant figure under the moonlight. The graceful face of her, that’s what exactly defines perfection.

Chunji himself was amazed by how much Jiyoon changed him. He had dated a few girls in the past, but his love for Jiyoon didn’t have any similarities with ones he had. Even L.Joe told him that he had never seen this Lee Chanhee all of his life. The changes he felt, no matter how different it was from before, he wasn’t faking any of it. His mega flirt nature had crushed down by Jiyoon’s diss. His top 3 pick up lines wouldn’t do, he knew it. But that just challenged him more. He never got treated like that before. Every girls would just fall easily into his arms. But again, the elegant yet tough girl beside him wouldn’t ever been that one.

“Jiyoon-ah,” Chunji started hesitantly, “about that night at the fireworks festival.. I’m really sorry.” He bit his lip anxiously.

Jiyoon looked at him, probably for the first time since they left. “That’s okay, I forgot about it already,” said Jiyoon awkwardly.

“I had promised you to be the one responsible but my mind went blank that I had no idea what I should do, I’m still feeling guilty for it. I broke my promise to you.” Chunji went on with his explanation.

“I didn’t blame you for it, really. Just forget it.” She shrugged.

“Thanks,” Chunji sighed in relief. Another silence covered them up.

“Is it still far enough?” the soft voice his ears. “Where are we going to actually?” she questioned his silence. But the guy was showing a guilty grin instead, scratching the back of his small unitchy head, causing the girl to let out a heavy sigh. “Don’t say you have no idea where we’re going,” Jiyoon trailed off, hoping for a response from the guy although she had already knew it was kind of rhetorical.

“I only asked you to go out for a walk. So it wasn’t my fault if I’m not taking you somewhere exact,” Chunji chuckled, warming up the air.

“Ya!!” Jiyoon punched his upper arm. Chunji locked his arm around her neck in return, reflexively. Although the girl was getting used to that kind of treat from him already, she tried her best to escape herself and threw curses at him as usual. “Screw you, Lee Chanhee!” she skillfully managed to get away and ran off from him.

“Ya!! You little rascal!” Chunji yelled back and ran after her. Noticing Chunji’s steps faster behind her, she quickened her pace. She was unconsciously squealing all along as she panicked if Chunji caught her up soon.

“Gotcha!” Chunji’s arms clinged around her waist, backhugging her tightly. His sudden presence behind Jiyoon causing her to shriek for real. “There’s no way for you to escape now.” He tried to laugh naturally, ignoring his heartbeat which went wild by the move he made. He had never been that guy who got nervous just by interacting with girls before. Weird to think again where he got that mega flirt title from if Jiyoon still could make him felt KOed when actually he should've been unbeaten. He blushed as he leaned his chin on her left shoulder.

What Chunji did just making her squealed louder. She’s always agitated everytime someone breathed around her neck. His rapid breath he got from running after her gave her creeps. “Chanhee-ya, get off! I hate it!!” she tried to shrug him off, but it just led to a huge fail.

“You mean you hate this?” Chunji breathed right on the back of her left ear and let out his evil laugh after.

“Damn it!!” she shook her body tremendously to escape from his hug as the creeps spreading over her again.

“That’s what you get for being a rascal.” He ruffled her hair with one hand while the other one was still clinging around her body tightly.

“So where are we going now, Chanhee-ssi?” Jiyoon emphasized, making a face at him.

“Not enough.” Chunji gave a disapproving look, getting a hiss from the girl.

“That’s not enough? Gah!” Jiyoon rolled her eyes. “I know what you actually want me to do, but I’m not doing it.” She tucked her tongue out and walked away when Chunji’s hug was left unguarded.

“Do it,” told Chunji, he had already caught up beside her.

“I won’t,” she coldly answered, crossing her arms.

“Oh come on, just once!” he whined.

Once you said,” she scoffed. “You kept telling me to do it last week!” shouted her.

“I found it cute, that’s why I kept asking you for it,” replied him honestly.

“But you know I hate doing it! I’m not cute either!” she sulked.

“Ya! Kim Jiyoon! Do me a favor!” Chunji begged her for real.

“Why should I?” she eyed him instead.

“For that!” he pointed at her eyes. “Paying your sins for being a rascal to me! You even called my name freely just now!” explained him more.

“I have no sins on you.” She smiled innocently, pretending not to hear him.

“I’ll treat you if you do it for me now even just once.” Chunji threw the bait, smirking.

“What kind of treat?” Jiyoon raised her eyebrow, considering the offer.

“Name any food you want now,” Chunji shrugged.

“McDonald’s at the end of the street,” she answered in a split second without thinking.

“Call.” Her answer got approved right away. “Do it now,” ordered Chunji.

“Let’s walk down there first, I’m gonna do it in front of the place. Just in case you betrayed me.” Jiyoon smirked. It’s then Chunji who rolled his eyes on her answer. “Ppali!” she started dragging him violently.

“Go.” Chunji crossed his arms, waiting for her aegyo she had promised when they arrived in front of the restaurant. “But it must be approved first,” he added.

“Ya! You said I just only have to do it once!” Jiyoon’s eyes widened as she slapped his upper arm.

“You want it or not?” threatened Chunji.

Jiyoon glanced inside the restaurant, the well made ads lured her. “Fine.” She took a deep breath. “Oppa~” she tried to make the cutest face she could before hiding her face in embarrassment.

“NG!” Chunji cut her right away.

“What?!” she shouted in protest.

“Do it again,” told him coldly. He loved the way she called him oppa, that’s why once was never enough for him.

“Oppa~ buy me a meal please~” she shot her second attempt, again with the cutest expression she could make while actually she grossed out to death inside her.

“NG! Ya! What was that! You’re mumbling all along!” Chunji tried to make another excuse to get her do it all over again.

Jiyoon sighed, “Let’s just go back to dorm.” She grabbed Chunji’s arm but he stood still.

“I’m generous enough to give you one more try,” said him.

“I told you I’m not good with aegyos, I won’t make it,” she pouted.

“You gave up that easy?! It’s embarrassing!” Chunji provoked her. He’s right, he lit up the fire in her eyes. “Go,” he ordered her again.

“Chanhee oppa~ I’m hungry~ Buy me a meal please~” Jiyoon made it longer just to make her chance bigger. Chunji was frozen on his feet, staring blankly at the fake cutie in front of him with loud thumps inside his chest. His face was flushed, Jiyoon’s aegyo to him had never been that cute before. Moreover, she just called him as Chanhee, his real name. He loved it everytime she called him Chanhee. All the time, she only called him Chanhee if she’s annoyed. But hearing her calling him as Chanhee oppa had flown him away to the highest layer of heaven. “Ya! Say something!” she snapped him back. She didn’t notice him blushing since she hid her embarrassed face right away after doing the aegyo.

“Uhm.. I.. Uh… L-let’s go inside.” Chunji moved his gaze away from her and pushed the confused girl inside. “Order anything you want,” told him.

“Challenge accepted.” Jiyoon was then busy choosing her meal, freely having a talk with the waitress since there wasn’t a queue behind them. Meanwhile, Chunji was still stunned with Jiyoon’s aegyo. Although she did it by his order, but still. It got him completely. Just imagining her as his real girlfriend already made him smiling stupidly at himself.

“Ya! Oppa! What do you want to order?” Jiyoon elbowed him. The spaced out guy startled by her voice.

“Uh… One cola please.” The waitress put down his order. “You’re not eating?” Jiyoon furrowed.

“Nope, I’m still full.” He smiled, getting acknowledged by her nods.

“Kim Jiyoon. A happy meal?! For real??” Chunji’s eyes widened when he noticed what’s on the tray as she put it down on their table.

The girl just grinned innocently. “You told me to order anything I wanted, so voila!” she clapped her hands, unconsciously being all cute which made him blushed again. “Just look at this Hello Kitty doll! Isn’t it cute?” she shoved the doll right onto his face.

Jiyoon was being childish around Chunji without getting realized by her own self. She had never been that cute kind of girl. Chunji’s playful side had triggered it. “I’m cuter.”

“Oppa, you’re gross!” Jiyoon poked some chili sauce on his cheek. Chunji laughed and made his revenge to poke her face with chili sauce too. Jiyoon sulked before continued eating, not bothering the sauce on her face.

Chunji took a tissue to wipe her cheek. She didn’t get startled by those kind of treats she got from Chunji anymore. “You’re so sloppy,” Chunji chuckled.

“Whatever. I was actually going to clean it later, but since you did it first, you shouldn’t blame me.” She tucked out her tongue.

Chunji had been staring at her, lovingly when she didn’t notice him. He smiled once in a while at her innocence. It’s his first time to fall for a girl like her. Maybe that’s why he enjoyed his first experience so much. “Aaa~” to his unknown, Jiyoon had put a fries in front of his mouth. He chew it slowly, tasting the unexist piece of love from her.

“Why aren’t the others coming with us?” asked Jiyoon as she realized it’s just the two of them all along. She was too immersed by the fun they had. Chunji didn’t expect her to ask him such a question that time, he thought she had acknowledged it by the time they went out.

“They’re tired,” Chunji said the most basic excuse.

“Aren’t you tired?” Chunji smiled warmly at her question.

“I’ll never get tired,” when I’m with you. His mind finished the sentence.

“Thanks for the treat, oppa,” said Jiyoon as they came out from the restaurant.

“You’re welcome. Just come to me and do what you got to do to get the treat.” He let out his evil laugh.

“Ugh.” She rolled her eyes.

“You’re sleepy already?” asked Chunji when he caught her yawning. She answered with a nod. “Get on my back.”

Jiyoon’s eyes widened. “Andwae! I gained some kilos! It seems like your thin bones would crumbled to pieces when I got on your back!”

“I know I’m thin and not as strong as Changjo and CAP, but let me give a try first!” he argued.

“You really think you’ll be okay? Are you sure enough?” he nodded vigorously at her doubtful face. “Bent down,” she asked him mercilessly in a sudden.

Jiyoon hopped on his back, causing him to wobble at first. Chunji’s unstable steps made Jiyoon screamed all along. Chunji himself couldn’t help to laugh. It was just a few metres when Chunji’s grip loosened. Jiyoon automatically slipped down slowly from his back and landed on her feet. “Ya! You said you can handle me! You made me feel bad, really!” Jiyoon snarled, referring to her weight.

“It wasn’t about your weight! You moved too much!” Chunji defended himself, laughing in embarrassment.

The two ended up quarrelling to blame each other. “Bye!” Jiyoon shouted, cutting off his nagging and dashed off alone.

Chunji shook his head, smirking. You’re really something.