7:27

Miracle

Slow rumbles was made when Jeno hits another shoe rack. His hand was against the wall, helping him walk towards the rooftop. He was driven by instinct and impulse. He couldn’t live anymore, it was time for him to die, he thought.

 

Jeno received a call from the Seoul Grace Hospital, telling him that Yiyun has died. The only family he has, his only hope was dead, gone. He couldn’t live anymore.

 

He wouldn’t be alive now if it wasn’t for his sister and now that she’s gone. He couldn’t face the depths of life would bring him anymore. It would only eat him alive.

 

I’m a useless blindman He thought. Fragments of the glass window went through his eyes, damaging his iris which caused his blindness. The sight he saw was the death of his parents. How his mother hastily unfastened her seat belt to jump in front of him and a metal rod went right through her.

 

It was as if in a continuous loop. It was as if he was cursed. What did I ever do wrong? he always asked God, if he ever existed. He couldn’t catch any sleep if ever he did it would be a nightmare. Yiyun would be there in a second to chase it all away, his pain, his nightmares, and bring joy.

 

They were a happy family. He couldn’t ask for anything better. He has parents that loves him more than anything and works as hard as they can to give them what they needed. A sister who is there to always guide him, a partner in crime, a sister that loves him as much as he does. Now it was all gone.

 

Jeno could feel the cold air against his skin. His pale eyes were staring at the city, useless though as it could not see its beauty. He was crying, his tears kept on falling. He managed to get on the rooftop with scratches on his hand. Jeno was staying with Yuri, Yiyun’s best friend and bandmate which treats him like family.

 

Earlier, his fingers were gliding on the the piano keyboards while his ears enjoyed the sound, Yiyun thought him how to play the piano before. His sister was in Seoul visiting her girlfriend’s family. He was happy that her sister met Jessica, finally Yiyun had found someone who she loves. But then Yuri's phone rang, Jeno shook his head, Yuri once again forgot her phone. Jeno then stood up to find the phone to answer it. But the ringing stopped and was lead straight through the voicemail.

 

“This is Yuri and I couldn’t answer the phone so just leave a message, thanks!”

 

“This is Dr. Choi and I’m sorry to deliver this message but Yiyun Liu have met an accident on September 8, and was dead on arrival. I’d want you to call me back for more information, bye” a monotonic voice said at the other end. Jeno couldn’t feel his legs when he heard the report.

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

“Thanks” Jessica said to the cab driver and then paid him while Krystal was at the trunk taking their baggages out.

 

“Here” Krystal handed Jessica her bag and the cab then drove away. Jessica was busily dialingYuri’s number.

 

“She’s not answering” the older girl muttered.

 

“Maybe she’s sleeping” Krystal suggested

 

“Let’s go then” Jessica then dragged her luggage with her while Krystal was trailing behind. She could only shiver to the cold breezes.

 

The two then arrived on Yuri’s apartment and found it weird when the door was open. She always keep her lock on Jessica thought. “Maybe they went out to eat” Jessica said, trying to call on Yuri’s phone once again but only to find the phone at the coffee table near the television. Krystal then quickly ran out of the apartment without Jessica’s notice. She knew it was weird but she could swear she saw a someone on top of the building before going in.

 

A weird feeling and thought who she saw was someone familiar.

 

page+breakh.jpg

 

 

Jeno could hear movements behind him. None of them spoke. There was a soft, crackling noise. The reaper was behind the boy but beneath the cloak sensed a hand was suddenly withdrawn into the folds of its black cloak and everything was in a pause.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” The timekeeper yelled pulling the reaper away from his brother

 

“I’m collecting what’s mine” The reaper responded in a hoarse voice

 

“Don’t do this” Yiyun was clutching her fist

 

“You can’t stop death” the reaper said “It’s not like time that acts as a fluid, death is destiny and you know that”

 

“I know” the short haired girl replied. With a swift movement Yiyun had appeared to be holding a handful of flames. They illuminated her tired, gray face, but her eyes looked alert and wary.

 

“But I can still try to lengthen his life”  Yiyun got slowly to her feet with her handful of fire held out in front of the reaper. Illuminated by the shivering flames in Yiyun’s hand, was a cloaked figure that had a towered height. A thick white fog was swirling around them.

 

Yiyun’s eyes darted downward, and what the reaper saw made his stomach contract. An intense cold swept over them all. Yiyun felt her own breath catch in her chest and in a split second both of them disappeared and everything then moved.


Jeno couldn’t hear the sound anymore, his thoughts were back on telling him to jump, to end all the pain but before he could someone grabbed him from behind and placed him away from the edge of the rooftop.  

 

 

 

Happy Christmas :)