011

Concealed Promise

Woohyun and Sunggyu sat inside one of the solo music rooms, working on their song. Woohyun had shut the door so that they would have some peace and quiet. The school had small rooms like this so that the music students could work on their own songs for classes or just practice guitar or piano. Sunggyu just found out about these rooms and dragged Woohyun down to one of them. This made everything so much easier.

Sunggyu's glad that they're at least friends now. No more tense energy surrounding them while they worked. For once, the mood between them was actually light. They were actually getting along and agreeing to things for their project. Sunggyu even laughed every once in a while at Woohyun's jokes.

“Hey Sunggyu?” Woohyun asked, looking up from the small table in the room. “What are you doing tonight?”

“We have a dorm meeting tonight,” Sunggyu replied, still not looking up from the paper as he scribbled down a few words.

“We do?” Woohyun asked, frowning.

“Yes, it's the third Friday of the month,” Sunggyu stated. “Also, I have class at 2 today.”

“But hyung isn't gonna meet us till 7 tonight. He's visiting mom and dad today,” Woohyun said, frowning.

“Oh really?” Sunggyu asked, looking up from the half-written lyrics. “If that's the case, I'm not doing anything. Why?”

“Let's go get something to eat together,” Woohyun replied, smiling slightly. “You know, get to know each other more. I mean, we've only been friends for... two days now.”

“One and a half,” Sunggyu corrected him, before letting out a small laugh. “Sure, let's go out to eat tonight. Where would you want to go?”

“I don't know. Let's-”

“Woohyun hyung!” a new voice shouted as Myungsoo and Sungjong came storming in to the room, followed by Sungyeol. “Get this little rat off of us.”

“Yah, be nice to him,” Sunggyu hissed, glaring at them. “Sungyeol, just leave them alone.”

“But hyung!” Sungyeol whined, shaking his head. “I want them to play with me!”

“Play what exactly?” Woohyun asked, raising his eyebrows.

“I don't know... But Myunggie is being mean!” Sungyeol replied, pouting.

“Don't call me that!” Myungsoo cried, glaring at him.

“Yah, can't you guys be more decent towards each other?” Sunggyu asked, rubbing away his incoming headache. “Just hang out with him for a while. Sungyeol's a really sweet guy. Just give him a chance.”

“I don't see you and Woohyun doing that any time soon,” Sungjong remarked, crossing his arms and leaning against the wide open doorway.

“You're wrong,” Woohyun said, pouting. “Hyung and I are friends now! We haven't even fought once since Wednesday when we decided to be friends! We did it, so now it's your turn.”

“Wait, what?” Sungjong asked. “When did you guys become friends? The last time I checked, you two hated each others guts!”

“They've been friends for a couple of days now,” Hoya stated as he and Dongwoo came in to the room.

“What?” Myungsoo asked, frowning at his best friend and Sunggyu. “I would have never guessed that was possible.”

“It is,” Woohyun said, pointing at the door. “Now get out! Hang out with these guys. You're going to have to get used to it. It you're used to Dongwoo, then I'm pretty sure Sungyeol won't be a problem. Besides, Hoya's a pretty chill guy. They're joining us on Saturday anyway. Now go.”

Myungsoo and Sungjong grumbled as Sunggyu's friends dragged them out of the room. Sunggyu held back his laughter as he stood up and shut the door. He then closed it and locked it this time, sliding down to sit on the floor. He looked over at Woohyun, who was silently watching him. Everything in the room was quiet as they just stared at them.

It is kind of hard to believe,” Woohyun said, breaking the silence.”

“What?” Sunggyu asked him.

“That we became friends. I mean, just a week ago, we hated each other. Now we're suddenly best friends or something like that,” Woohyun stated.

“That's true,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “But that's because we actually decided to set our differences aside and be civil towards each other. You actually decided to look in to the kind of person I am instead of continuing to hate me for no reason.”

“Yeah, I guess so,” Woohyun said, nodding his head.

“Now let's get back to work. You should finish writing the song. I'm gonna try playing it on the piano,” Sunggyu said, standing up and heading over to the small keyboard in the corner of the room.

“So I'm gonna guess you're playing the instrument?” Woohyun asked, looking over at Sunggyu.

“Yeah,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head.

“But how are you going to play it if we don't even have the music notes written down yet?” Woohyun asked, looking at the sheet of half-written lyrics in front of him.

“That's how I write music,” Sunggyu replied, shrugging his shoulders. “I play something and if it sounds good for the song, I write it down.”

“Oh, I see,” Woohyun said, nodding his head and looking through the lyrics. “What should we name this song?”

“Voice of My Heart,” Sunggyu said, not even looking up from the piano as he started playing some notes.

“Sunggyu... This song is pretty sad,” Woohyun said, reading over the lyrics. “Did you get rejected before?”

“No,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “I've never been in love. I thought I told you this.”

“But the song... you put so much emotion in to it, like you've experienced it before,” Woohyun said, looking up at Sunggyu.

“I have,” Sunggyu said, looking away from the piano and turning to Woohyun. “That song... It's about my father leaving when I was little. I mean, I was only four, but I still remember clearly. How my dad yelled at us, how he abandoned us and left. Yet, I can't stop myself from loving him. He's my father.”

“Oh,” Woohyun said, nodding his head. “That's awful...”

“But I have my step father now,” Sunggyu said, trying to lighten up the mood. “He's been more than a father for me! He's done so much for me, I can't even explain it. My half brother, Ilhoon... No, he's not just a half brother. He IS a brother.”

“You love him,” Woohyun observed, nodding his head. “Wow, I can't complain. I've had the same family my whole life. I've always had my mother and father... I've always had my brother there for me. Hell, my family's rich as all hell.”

“Can I ask you something?” Sunggyu asked, standing up and walking over to Woohyun. “Why were you such a... bastard when I first met you?”

“Ah,” Woohyun said, staring at his hands. “I... I've been like that since high school... Boohyun hyung and I really don't like talking about it, but the truth is... Our parents are never home. I had to spend my whole life in high school home alone. The only times my parents came home were for holidays and for parties they were invited to, and then they would be back in another country. I was lonely and hurt, because I had no family there for me. With that being done, it affected the way I acted towards other people.”

“Oh, I see,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “But you didn't want to act that way?”

“I guess I wanted attention,” Woohyun replied with a sigh. “I wanted attention so I didn't feel lonely. I became friends with Sungjong and Myungsoo, who taught me to act that way. I promise you, once I finally came to my senses, I felt so bad for the way I treated you. Boohyun yelled at me last night, honestly. He always yelled at me for my attitude. My brother is definitely not proud of me, but he wants to be there for me.”

“He is proud of you, though,” Sunggyu suddenly replied. “He would always talk about you. He even told me how proud he was of you when he was scouting me for a scholarship a couple years ago.”

“Really?” Woohyun asked with wide eyes.

“Really,” Sunggyu said nodding his head. “And now maybe I can be the friend that changes you. You shouldn't be lonely anymore, Nam Woohyun. I'm here. Your brother's here. I think your brother came back just so you wouldn't be lonely.”

“You're truly amazing, Kim Sunggyu. How come we didn't become friends earlier?” Woohyun asked, smiling brightly at the older boy.

“I don't know,” Sunggyu said, laughing and shaking his head. “Now let's get back to work.”

As Sunggyu and Woohyun headed out for dinner that night, the rest of the group decided to join them. Myungsoo and Sungjong slowly followed behind as Sungyeol, Dongwoo and Hoya rushed ahead. Sunggyu and Woohyun sighed in annoyance, but followed the three anyway. They just wanted to get away from the kids, but it didn't seem like that was happening. They had to deal with being stuck with them.

“What restaurant are we going to, hyung?” Sungyeol called, turning around and walking backwards so that he could face Sunggyu.

“Uh, I don't know,” Sunggyu said, shrugging his shoulders and looking and Woohyun. “It's your call.”

“I want barbeque,” Woohyun stated as they walked ahead. “Barbeque sounds like the best bet right now.”

“But barbeque is expensive, hyung,” Sungjong whined, causing Woohyun to turn around and glare at him.

“And you're paying for it,” Woohyun added.

“What, no way hyung! I am NOT paying for your food!” Sungjong said, shaking his head repeatedly.

“You're not getting out of this, either, Lee Sungjong. You and Myungsoo are paying. I'm ALWAYS paying for your food. It's time we turned that around,” Woohyun said, before proudly walking ahead of the group.

“Yay! Myunggie's paying for the food!” Sungyeol cried excitedly, pumping his fist in the air.

“Nuh uh,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “You are paying too.”

“What, why?” Sungyeol asked, pouting.

“Because Woohyun and I had to pay for your guys' food last month... More like I had to pay for it. You guys owe me,” Sunggyu said, glaring at them. “That was ALL my money! I couldn't even do anything for the rest of the month because all my money was gone. I think the five of you can pay for the meal for seven just fine, don't you think?”

Sunggyu and Woohyun just laughed, before walking ahead of the dumbstruck crew. Sungyeol pouted and stomped ahead of them, not even looking at them. Hoya and Dongwoo just followed behind, grumbling under their breaths. Myungsoo and Sungjong also trailed behind, not at all happy with this predicament. Woohyun and Sunggyu, however, felt relieved for the first time ever with this group.

“Woohyun!” a new voice called, causing the group to turn around and find Boohyun running after them. “Woohyun, bad news.”

“What do you mean?” Woohyun asked, frowning.

Sunggyu waved for the others to go on, pretty sure that Woohyun didn't want them around to hear this. He even stood back to give the brothers some space. Woohyun gave him a grateful smile, before looking back at his brother. Boohyun was out of breath, leaning over with his hands on his knees. Woohyun waited patiently for him to continue.

“Mom and Dad... They're leaving the country permanently,” Boohyun told him. “Th-they're leaving us... And they... they kicked us out of the f-family, because they don't want to deal with us anymore. Th-they're not paying for anything for us anymore. They sold our house. We have no where to go back to. W-we're on our own.”

“W-what?!” Woohyun asked with wide eyes, shaking his head. “Th-that can't be right! I thought they loved us!”

“Do you really think they loved us, Woohyun?” Boohyun asked him. “Leaving you all alone for four years in that house! That is not love, Woohyun. They're gone now. We don't have anyone to go to.”

“What about for breaks? Where will we go then? They close down the campus every break,” Woohyun asked, still shaking his head.”

“My house,” Sunggyu said, walking forward. “The two of you will stay with me and my family during break.”

“Sunggyu, you don't need to do that,” Boohyun said, shaking his head.

“I'm going to. I'm not going to let you guys be alone,” Sunggyu told him.

“Sunggyu, thank you so much,” Woohyun said, hugging him tightly. “I don't know how I can repay you.”

“Sunggyu, you really are a sweetheart,” Boohyun said, also hugging him. “Thank you.”


A/N: There's a little angst with Woohyun. Poor baby :(

Awww, so Woohyun and Myungsoo sang Sleigh Ride with the idols!! I keep watching their clip! Kekeke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq7u9OCxGmA&feature=youtube_gdata_player They're at :59