022

Concealed Promise

Woohyun looked around the room, spotting a few people he recognized. Their dormmates were sitting on the opposite end of the room, going over their dance. Very close to them was the group of boys who asked if Sunggyu could join them for this competition. There was even one guy there who would talk to Sunggyu every once in a while. He seemed to have his own small group of people helping him.

Sunggyu!” that one guy cried, running over to them with his group. “I didn't know you were participating!”

Hey Kyuhyun!” Sunggyu cried with a wide grin, squeezing Woohyun's hand. “I see you mustered up your own group.”

I did. This is Eunhyuk, Donghae, Heechul and Leeteuk. We're have a nice dance routine down,” Kyuhyun replied, nodding his head.

I see this is going to be some hard competition we have here,” Sunggyu said, laughing.

It is,” Kyuhyun replied, nodding his head.

Hey, you're Sunggyu... Aren't you friends with Shindong and Ryeowook?” Leeteuk asked, looking Sunggyu up and down.

I am,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head. “How do you know them?”

Ryeowook is my cousin,” Leeteuk told him. “He always told me about you and Shindong. You guys grew up together, he said.”

Ah, yeah, we did,” Sunggyu stated. “We were next door neighbors for as long as I could remember.”

Oh, I see,” Leeteuk said, nodding his head. “Well, good luck with your performance. Let's go!”

Woohyun watched as the five ran off, talking and laughing together. He then looked around at his own group, who were also laughing and just enjoying their time together. He looked at the small screen in the waiting room, where one of the groups were performing on stage. They seemed to be really good. Woohyun was beginning to feel a little nervous.

IT'S OUR FRIENDS!” a voice shouted as Youngjae and their other dormmates came skipping over to them.

YOUNGJAE!” Sungyeol shouted, jumping up to hug the older boy. “I didn't know you were performing! Did you guys make your own song? Are you all one group?”

We are, Sungyeol,” Yongguk replied, nodding his head. “We saw the seven of you preparing like crazy. Are you guys ready?”

As ready as we can be,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head.

How's your foot doing, Woohyun?” Himchan asked, turning on the said boy.

It still hurts like hell,” Woohyun stated. “But I'll deal with it.”

Well, enjoy your performance. We'll see you guys later,” Yongguk said, just as Infinite was called on stage. “Hwaiting!”

Thanks,” Sunggyu replied, gesturing for his friends to stand up.

The seven of them made their way to the stage, cheering loudly together. They stopped when the stage manager handed each of them a mic. Woohyun grasped tightly on to his mic, ignoring the pain in his foot. They walked on stage together, looking out at the crowd. Woohyun's heart started beating faster than normal, since he was so nervous.

The seven bowed together, before taking their dancing positions. The lights started flashing and the music started playing. The seven enjoyed the effect and they started off their dance flawlessly. Woohyun kept glancing at Sunggyu, who was sitting on the floor at the moment. Sunggyu seemed be focusing completely on the dance.

Woohyun moved smoothly, trying to keep his weight off of his bad foot. To avoid this, he just tiptoed on the foot instead of applying pressure on it. They took off at a good start, getting every move down perfectly. No one messed up the words, and they started having fun. Woohyun sang his heart out, forgetting all about his hurt foot.

After Hoya's rap, they were coming up to their final chorus part. There was a short pause and fake smoke shot up from the ground. Woohyun's eyes widened in surprise, enjoying the small effect. With that in mind, they ended the song perfectly. Together, they bowed 90 degrees to the audience, before quickly walking off the stage. Once they were backstage, they all cheered loudly and smacked hands together.

Great job, guys! You all did amazing! I'm so proud of you!” Sunggyu cried, clapping his hands. “Especially you, Woohyun! How is your foot?”

It hurts like hell, but I'm coping,” Woohyun replied, leaning on to his boyfriend and wrapping his arms around his waist.

Great job,” Yongguk said, walking up to them. “I really enjoyed that.”

Thanks hyung,” Sunggyu said, grinning up at him.

I think you guys have a very high chance of winning,” Himchan stated, also walking up to them. “That was very mind blowing. And the dance was thought up very nicely.”

Oh, thank you,” Hoya said, grinning and bowing to him.

How many performances are left?” Woohyun asked, just as a group called 'Teen Top' was called on stage.

They're two more after these guys. Us and a group called Super Junior,” Yongguk said, as three very familiar boys passed them.

Oh, Sunggyu!” one of the boys cried, waving at Sunggyu. “You did so great! I'm so jealous you weren't able to work with us!”

Sorry,” Sunggyu replied. “Good luck!”

Thanks!” the boy cried, running on stage with the rest of his group.

The seven sat together in a few chairs in the back of the room. Someone brought Woohyun some ice so that he could ice his foot. They watched the last few groups perform on the small tv in the room. When their dormmates went on as a group called BAP, the seven cheered loudly. They had to support their closest friends.

After they finished, the group called Super Junior went on. They all looked very happy and they were having a great time. The song was very bright and fast paced. Woohyun was amazed at how complicated it was, yet they made it seem super easy. With that kind of dance, Woohyun doubted he would EVER be able to do it with his bad foot.

When Super Junior came back stage again, all the competitors gathered together. At that moment, everyone forgot about the competition. Together, they prayed together, hoping beyond hope at least SOMEONE got a good score. No matter what, one of the teams were going to go to nationals. They were the ones that were going to represent their school.

The MC on stage started talking about the competitors, causing Woohyun to become super nervous. Sunggyu squeezed his hand, causing him to look up and grin at his boyfriend. Sunggyu nodded at him and the two of them turned to look at the tv. The MC was now taking out a card. On that card they had the top three teams.

So in third place,” the MC said, causing everyone to stop any conversation they were having. “This group was INCREDIBLE! They'll be winning a 10 thousand dollar award and a bronze trophy. Third place we have... BAP!”

Us?!” Yongguk asked with wide eyes.

Yes, now go out there!” Sunggyu cried, pushing Yongguk.

Yongguk and his group rushed out to the stage. Woohyun and his friends cheered them on loudly. When they saw them arrive on stage, they cheered even louder. Yongguk accepted the trophy and the check with a bright smile. They had a long speech they gave to the audience, before stepping back.

Alright, for second place...” the MC said, pulling out a new card. “Wow, I can't believe it. I honestly thought these boys would get first place. They were super amazing. Well these boys will get 15 thousand dollars and a silver trophy. Second place is... SUPER JUNIOR!”

What?!” everyone in the room cried, turning on Kyuhyun and his friends.

Second place?” Kyuhyun asked, placing his hand to his heart.

Go!” Sunggyu cried, waving his hand at him. “You deserved it.”

Right, thanks, let's go!” Kyuhyun cried, also running out of the room with his group.

Second place?” Woohyun asked, looking at everyone. “I thought they would get FIRST! They were amazing!”

Who do you think got first?” one of the small Teen Top boys asked.

Infinite, definitely,” one of the solo artists, Eric Nam, replied.

No, not even,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “There were so many groups way better than we were.”

Exactly,” Dongwoo replied, nodding his head. “We're just rookies at this.”

There's no way we got first place,” Sungjong agreed, nodding his head.

They left the conversation at that and looked at the screen, where Super Junior was now accepting their award. They showed the audience, where Sunggyu saw Ryeowook and Shindong cheering loudly for the boys. Sunggyu's eyes widened in surprise as he looked at Woohyun. Woohyun just laughed and shook his head as Super Junior started giving their speech. Seconds later, they stepped back and the MC took out another card.

Are you guys all ready to see who our first place winner is?” the MC asked, causing all the audience members to scream in approval. “Alright, here they are...WAH! DAEBAK! I really did enjoy this performance. They were amazing! I've seen them running around to prepare for this these last couple of weeks. The winner gets to go to nationals, they get a 30 thousand dollar award, and they get a golden trophy! These boys have the chance to become Korea's next Idol group! Wow... If you didn't know, one of the boys in this group actually sprung his ankle a couple days ago, yet he danced it off like it was nothing.”

It can't be,” Woohyun said with wide eyes, looking at his group members.

The winning group is... INFINITE!” the MC cried, causing the seven friends to stare at each other.

All seven of them lost the will to speak as they tried pushing themselves off the ground. The whole waiting room was erupting in cheers as they tried helping them out the door. At last Sunggyu was able to stand, and he grabbed a trembling Woohyun in his arms. They slowly made it to the stage, where their dormmates and Super Junior were waiting for them. They bowed repeatedly to the other groups, before making their way up to the MC.

Woohyun looked out at the crowd, and was blinded by all the people there. He didn't expect that many people to be there. There was a very familiar group of people with Ryeowook and Shindong, who were now standing and chanting Infinite at the top of their lungs. Woohyun recognized them as Sunggyu's family and also Ilhoon's group of friends. Boohyun was standing with them as well with a wide grin on his face.

Woohyun then saw Myungsoo's and Sungjong's families sitting together, also cheering loudly together. At last, he found out where he figured Dongwoo's, Hoya's and Sungyeol's families were, because they were also screaming the loudest. Only those groups were actually out of their seats. However, everyone in the crowd were screaming their heads off, congratulating them for their win. Woohyun couldn't believe anything that was going on here.

Wow, Infinite,” the MC said, clapping her hands and walking over to them. “How did you guys do it? I hear two of you are the BEST singers in this school. Where are Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun?”

That's us,” Sunggyu said, as the two awkwardly bowed together. “I'm Kim Sunggyu.”

I'm Nam Woohyun,” Woohyun said, smiling at her.

You're the one who sprang your ankle, aren't you?” she asked, smiling back at him.

I am,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head.

How does it feel?” she asked.

It hurts like hell,” he stated, causing everyone to laugh at his statement.

I would imagine,” she replied, just as someone brought over the trophy and their check. “Now, do you guys have anything you would like to say?”

Ah, yes,” Sunggyu said, taking the mic from her. “Thank you everyone for coming out to see this competition. The seven of us are very surprised at our win, yet we're very grateful. We're going to work hard so that we could win nationals and represent our school. We worked hard to get this win. We even skipped our classes all this week to prepare, actually. Woohyun here, despite his hurt foot, worked very hard for all of us. I'm very happy that we were able to get this award. To my friends and family who are here today...”

You can see us, Gyu?!” Ryeowook shouted from the crowd.

Yes, I can see you. You're the biggest group here,” Sunggyu replied, causing the whole crowd to laugh. “Anyway, thank you so much for coming out to support us. Boohyun hyung, thank you for helping us out and being our manager for the last three weeks. Also, thank you for Super Junior and BAP behind us for supporting us as well. BAP, if you didn't know, are our dormmates. It makes us so happy that they were able to win 3rd place. And for all the other competitors in the waiting room, thank you for all your hard work and your performance here on stage.”

Thank you,” Woohyun said, taking the mic away from his boyfriend. “To my boyfriend Kim Sunggyu! With out him, we wouldn't have a song to sing. Did you know he wrote this song? He even assigned our parts. Without him, we wouldn't have had a melody, a harmony or anything really. It's all thanks to him that we were able to accomplish such a great task!”

I want to thank my family,” Sungyeol said, taking the mic away from Woohyun and waving at a small group in the crowd. “I haven't seen you guys since summer, but I'm happy you came out to see me! Thank you for supporting me in the music field I decided to take over. I promise you, the next time I see you, we'll be taking first place in nationals and we'll be the next idols!”

And thank you,” Sungjong said, snatching the mic from Sungyeol. “For MY family! I love you guys! Oh, and thank you to me and Sungyeol, because we made the costumes here!”

Don't be so conceited,” Myungsoo stated as he took the microphone. I thank all of us have family members here, don't we. Let's say thank you to ALL the family members we have here. Also, thank you for all the AUDIENCE who came out to see us! And the judges for giving us this award. We'll work hard to win nationals for all of you guys.”

Thank you,” everyone said at once, before bowing to the crowd in a synchronized 90 degrees.

Sunggyu accepted the check and the trophy, handing the trophy to Woohyun. They then backed up so that they were standing with the other two groups. Together, all of them bowed once more, before turning and leaving the stage. Once they were backstage, Sungyeol took a hold of the trophy and the check. He started cheering loudly with everyone backstage, obviously very excited about their win.

Sunggyu turned to Woohyun, who was laughing at their friends actions. Without another word, he wrapped his arms around Woohyun's neck and pulled him in to a deep kiss. More people cheered, but they ignored it as they shared the kiss that was full of passion and love. They were so happy that they one an award like this. Sunggyu couldn't even express how thankful he was that Woohyun had suggested this for him.


A/N I don't know why people thought there would be something bad happening in this chapter. Look at that, they won!!!! Yay!!!!

 

Awww, thank you guys so much for subscribing and commenting and reading! I love you all so much!!!! <3 *throws Namu hearts*

I'm gonna try my hardest to have the next update on... WOOHYUN'S BIRTHDAY!!! WOOOOO!!!!

Oh, if you are a graphics artist or you review stories, I have a request shop and I'm hiring right now. Please check it out: Hysterie ♥ Request ♥ Shop ♥