005

Concealed Promise

A/N Spoiler: Woohyun's going to be a JERK in this story, fyi. Please enjoy this chapter! Finally the story is actually starting! More at the bottom.


Present Day

“Make sure you call us,” Ryeowook said, hugging Sunggyu tightly. “Enjoy your time at that university. What was it again?”

“Man you’re stupid,” Sunggyu said, laughing. “It’s called Daekyung University. They’re very competitive.”

“Lucky you, going to Seoul,” Shindong said, frowning.

“Oh come on guys, I’m not going to forget you. Now my bus is here, so let me go,” Sunggyu said, pushing them away.

It was finally the day Sunggyu’s leaving for university. His dream is finally coming true. He gets to spend a life full of music and live his dream. A dream he has had for four years now. This is starting today.

With that in mind, Sunggyu picked up his bags and waved to his friends. After stepping on to the bus, he paid the driver and walked to the back. The only open seat was next to a boy who was sleeping with is feet propped up on the seat in front of him. He had huge headphones covering his ears, which Sunggyu could clearly hear. Sunggyu sighed and looked out the window, waving at his friends once again.

Once the two were out of sight, Sunggyu sighed and put in his own music. He didn’t really want to listen to that guy’s music right now. It didn’t really suit Sunggyu’s taste. Sighing, Sunggyu took off his glasses and closed his eyes. Sleep for a three hour trip sounded like a wonderful idea.

“Um, excuse me?” a voice asked, causing Sunggyu to sit up straight and bonk his head on the forehead of the guy sitting next to him. “Ow! First you fall asleep, drooling all over my shoulder, and now you’re trying to give me a concussion!”

“S-sorry,” Sunggyu said, rubbing his head. “I didn’t know I fell asleep.”

“You still hit my head!” the guy cried, glaring at him.

“It’s your own fault that your head was so close to mine, anyway! You kinda surprised me!” Sunggyu retorted.

“Damn you’re a smart , aren’t you? I’d like it if you would show me a little respect!” the guy cried, still glaring at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu knew right away that he was going to really hate this guy. Yelling at someone for no reason is not going to get you any friends. That’s the definition of an . Sunggyu knew who the good crowd was and the bad crowd. He was definitely not stupid.

“You know what, I don’t know what your problem is, but I will not allow people to talk to me that way! You were the one who was disrespectful first,” Sunggyu hissed, just as the bus stopped in front of the school. “Now I hope you have a fun stay here. Don’t ever let me see your face inside this school.”

Sunggyu then stood up abruptly ad stormed off the bus behind other students. He could feel the guy’s stare burning a hole in his back, but he ignored it. The guy already ruined his mood. He didn’t want his first day to start off any worse. That meant staying far away from that guy.

“Dude, that was awesome!” a guy cried, throwing his arm around Sunggyu’s shoulders. “You left him speechless!”

“He was a jerk,” Sunggyu said, shrugging his shoulders. “I’m Sunggyu by the way.”

“Hoya,” the guy greeted. “Oh, you left your glasses on the bus. I got them before that guy could step on them.”

“Did I?” Sunggyu asked, looking up at him. “I couldn’t tell. Can I have them?”

“You can,” Hoya said, taking the glasses out of his pocket and handing them to Sunggyu. “Hey Gyu, let’s stay together! It’s always good to have a friend on the first day of school.”

“I agree,” Sunggyu said, smiling at him. “I need to find my dorm. Where is yours?”

“Building A, room 210,” Hoya told him. “You?”

“I’m in Building A as well. Room 212,” Sunggyu replied. “Looks like our rooms are right next to each other.”

“Any idea who your roommates are?” Hoya asked as they reached their building. “Mine is a guy named Lee Sungjong. I think we have another one, but they said he might not come. I don’t remember his name.”

“Oh, I see,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “My roommate is named Lee Sungyeol.”

“Nice,” Hoya said, dragging himself up the stairs. “Ah, I’m glad we’re on the second floor.”

“Oh, so am I! I hate stairs,” Sunggyu replied, following behind. “At least we’re not on the fifth floor or something.”

“Exactly!” Hoya agreed as they made it to their floor. “I hope that guy is in like building Z, far away from here.”

“Is there even a z building?” Sunggyu asked.

“I don’t know,” Hoya stated, causing the two of them to laugh. “Alright man, here I am. See you later? Maybe tomorrow at orientation?”

Sunggyu waved before walking over to his own room. He opened the door, only to be met with piles of clothes and stuffed animals in every corner. Frowning, Sunggyu pushed his way through to get into the rom. He found a tall lanky kid digging through his own luggage and throwing things around. Sunggyu, being a clean freak, was a little irked by the sight.

Never in his life has he imagined someone being this messy. Just the sight of it made him want to freak out and flip a table. This was definitely going to change. Even if he doesn’t know the kid, he’s going to enforce some ground rules. There’s no way in hell he’s going to live in a pig’s sty.

“Yah!” he cried, causing the kid to look up, his glasses lopsided on his face. “What in the world are you doing? I won’t allow the room to be messy like this! Pick it up!”

“Sorry!” the boy cried, bowing repeatedly. “I can’t find my coffee machine! Mom told me she packed it, but it’s not here!”

“Alright, alright,” Sunggyu said with a sigh, walking over to where his stuff was waiting for him. “Is it really that important to you?”

“Yes! Coffee is my elixir of life! I need it!” the boy cried with wide eyes.

“You’re just like my brother with cheese,” Sunggyu said, laughing. “Anyway, if it’s that important, I have one. You can use it.”

“Really?! OH MY GOD, YOU’RE A LIFE SAVER!” the boy cried, throwing his arms around Sunggyu’s neck. “I’ll love you forever!”

“Okay, okay,” Sunggyu said, pushing him off. “But first please pick up everything.  I don’t want messes.”

“Right!” the boy cried, nodding his head repeatedly. “I’m Sungyeol by the way!”

“Nice to meet you,” Sunggyu smiling at him. “I’m Sunggyu. I just turned 18 in April.”

“Oh, so you’re my hyung?” Sungyeol asked with wide eyes. “I’m gonna call you hyung!”

“Alright, now clean,” Sunggyu ordered, before turning to his stuff and taking out his laptop.

The second he turned it on, he got a skype call. Seeing the name, Sunggyu smiled and answered the call. Ryeowook, Ilhoon and Shindong popped up on the screen. The three of them were fighting over one seat, not even realizing that Sunggyu has answered their call. Sunggyu just laughed and shook his head at them.

“Hyung!” Ilhoon cried, finally spotting his brother and plopping down in the chair.

“Hey bud,” Sunggyu said, smiling at him. “How was your first day of high school?”

“Amazing! I got your old teacher as my homeroom teacher, Mrs. Choi! She keeps asking about you. I told her you left for college today!” Ilhoon replied, smiling brightly.

“Ah, that’s cool,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “Tell her I said hi.”

“I will!” Ilhoon cried.

“Hey, hyung!” Sungyeol called, making Sunggyu look up at him. “Mom packed me thousands of bed sheets if you need some. She also gave me bunches of blankets and pillows.”

He was stacking all of his bedding into one pile as he said this. The then picked a pair of owl bed sheets, throwing it on top of his bed. It was blue sheets with pink owls on it. Sunggyu looked down at the rest of the sheets, which had weird designs on them as well. Sunggyu tried his best to keep in his laughter.

“That’s okay,” he finally breathed out. “My mom did the same.”

“Okay!” Sungyeol cried, folding up a pair of sheets that had coffee pictures all over it.

“Is that… coffee?” Sunggyu asked, staring at the sheets.

“Of course it is!” Sungyeol cried, nodding his head.

“Of course,” Sunggyu said, rolling his eyes and looking back at the screen. “So Ilhoon, did you make any friends?”

“Well, Sungjae came to the same school as me. He had a friend who is a sophomore there. His name is Peniel. Peniel has two junior friends and two senior friends, but I forgot their names,” Ilhoon told him. “I hang out with them.”

“That sounds great,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head.

“What about you, Gyu?” Ryeowook asked. “How was your bus ride?”

“I slept the whole time,” Sunggyu admitted.

“Grandpa!” the three cried, causing Sunggyu to roll his eyes.

“Yah! Shut up!” Sunggyu cried, only resulting in Sungyeol laughing loudly.

“They called you grandpa!” he cried, bending over and slapping his knees.

“They always do,” Sunggyu stated, looking back at the screen. “I’m used to it. Now anyway, I woke up to this really rude guy yelling at me. He was such a jerk, telling me to respect him when he was being disrespectful towards me! I told him off, though!”

“Good for you, Gyu!” Ryeowook cried, clapping his hands. “You don’t need your hyungs there to protect you anymore!”

“I could always protect myself,” Sunggyu said, frowning.

“Sure sure,” Shindong said, shaking his head. “Anyway, did you make any friends?”

“I met this guy when I got off the bus,” Sunggyu told him. “His name is Hoya. His room is right next to mine. I guess you could say we’re friends. There’s also my roommate, Sungyeol.”

“Hi!” Sungyeol cried, jumping on to Sunggyu’s bed and waving at them. “My name is Lee Sungyeol and I like coffee! Who are you?”

“Hi Sungyeol. You better be good to Sunggyu, do you hear me? You better protect him,” Shindong ordered through the screen. “I’m Shindong, just so you know.”

“I’m Ryeowook!” Ryeowook added with a bright smile. “Sunggyu is our best friend, our cute little maknae. He’s very vulnerable. Don’t let him get hurt.”

“I won’t! I promise!” Sungyeol cried.

“Good! My hyung needs a friend!” Ilhoon said. “Be good to my older brother.”

“Don’t worry, your brother is safe with me!” Sungyeol cried, throwing his arms around Sunggyu’s shoulders. “What is your name?”

“I’m Ilhoon,” the boy replied with a bright smile.

“Well, it’s very nice to meet you, Ilhoon,” Sungyeol said. “I hope we will come to be great friends.”

“Trust me, if you’re friends with Gyu, then you’re also friends with Ilhoon,” Ryeowook stated, throwing his arm around Ilhoon’s shoulders.

“Alright guys, I need to unpack. I’ll talk to you later! Love you! Bye!” Sunggyu said, turning to Sungyeol. “And you need to clean.”

“But I don’t want to!” Sungyeol whined.

“Do you want coffee?” Sunggyu asked, raising his eyebrows.

“I do I do I do!” Sungyeol cried, jumping off the bed.

“Then clean,” Sunggyu ordered. “I’ll make a deal with you.”

“Deal? What kind of deal?” Sungyeol asked.

“If you keep your stuff clean for a whole week every week, then at the end of each week I’ll take you out to get coffee,” Sunggyu said as he shut down his computer.

“Really?” Sungyeol asked with wide eyes.

“Really,” Sunggyu said,nodding his head with a smile. “If you do really good right now, then I’ll get you some coffee tonight as well.”

“Yay! I get coffee!” Sungyeol shouted, just as there was a knock on the door.

Before Sunggyu could even get off his bed, Sungyeol was already at the door. He threw the door open to reveal a surprised Hoya. Hoya gave Sungyeol a shy bow before walking into the room. Sunggyu waved at him, causing Hoya to smile and run over to him. Hoya plopped down on the bed, grinning up at his new friend.

“Hey, what’s up?” Sunggyu asked, standing up and unpacking his first box.

“My roommates turned out to be best friends from high school and said they were going to meet up with their friend Woohyung or something like that,” Hoya stated, watching Sunggyu. “I didn’t want to be alone.”

“Nam Woohyun?” Sunggyu asked, looking up at him. “I met his brother, Boohyun, a few times. The both of us received a full ride scholarship to this school.”

“I heard only four people got that,” Hoya said, looking at Sungyeol who was trying to stuff all his extra sheets and blankets on to the top shelf of his closet.

“Yeah, just four,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head. “But is it Nam Woohyun?”

“I think that’s what Sungjong said. The two of them are upset because we have three people in our room yet the third person is me and not their friend,” Hoya stated as Sunggyu took out the bookshelf building kit his friends gave him.

“Your roommates sound like s,” Sunggyu stated as he unfolded the instructions manual.

“They act like it too,” Hoya replied, getting off the bed and helping Sunggyu with the shelf.

“So the third guy did come? What’s his name?” Sunggyu asked, looking up at Hoya.

“Kim Myungsoo. They’re making me sleep on the top bunk! They didn’t even give me a choice!” Hoya cried. “I wouldn’t be surprised if that Woo whatever guy was the guy from the bus!”

“I hope not,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “I- Yah! Lee Sungyeol! What are you doing?”

Hoya turned to find Sungyeol opening up Sunggyu’s laptop. The tall boy looked over with wide eyes. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights. Sunggyu sighed and walked over to him. He softly took his computer out of the boy’s hands.

“I’m sorry hyung! There was a noise and I was making sure it wasn’t a bomb,” Sungyeol cried.

“Sungyeol-ah, it wasn’t a bomb,” Sunggyu assured him. “We’re safe. Now continue cleaning. Remember our deal.”

“Okay,” Sungyeol said, nodding his head repeatedly and going back to his earlier task.

“Deal?” Hoya asked as soon as Sunggyu sat back down next to him.

“I promised him coffee if he cleaned up his stuff,” Sunggyu replied.

“Coffee? I want coffee!” Hoya cried.

“Then help me finish unpacking,” Sunggyu ordered.

“Okay!” Hoya cried with a bright smile.


A/N Thankyu to ALL my subscribers and commenters!! I love you all! I can't believe there's already almost fifty!! That makes me so happy!! Soooo, who do you think the person from the bus is??

So I have a computer now!!! Which means more frequent updates! Plus, it's Christmas break, so that gives me more time to update!!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment and upvote! I love you all!! <3