015

Concealed Promise

Sunggyu and Woohyun sat cuddling on Sunggyu's couch. Everyone else was helping Sunggyu's mom clean around the house, because Hoon was coming back that night. They told Sunggyu and Woohyun just to stay out of it, since they've been doing everything for them anyway. Sunggyu found it relaxing to actually sit down with Woohyun and get away from all the wildness going around.

Sunggyu sighed and pulled Woohyun closer to him, leaning his head on his shoulder. Woohyun smiled and tangled his fingers in Sunggyu's hair. They stayed there in that position, not even realizing someone had joined them on the couch. After a few moments, Sunggyu yawned and looked over. He jumped in surprise when he saw his step father sitting there, reading a newspaper.

“H-hoon?!” Sunggyu asked, sitting up in the couch and staring at him. “When did you get here?!”

“I've been here for a while,” Hoon said, closing his newspaper and smiling at the boys. “But you two looked so cozy together... Yah, you finally got yourself a boyfriend. Is he the same guy you were telling your mom and I you liked about a week ago?”

“You like someone else, hyung?” Woohyun asked, feigning hurt as he placed his hand over his heart.

“No, pabo,” Sunggyu said with a sigh, punching Woohyun's arm. “I've never liked anybody else.”

“Then you told your parents you liked me?” Woohyun asked with wide eyes.

“I- Yeah,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head.

“He was telling us just how much he liked you just a week ago and he didn't know how to talk to you. He was scared you wouldn't return his feelings or something. He kept asking us what he should do,” Hoon stated.

“You don't have to tell him everything!” Sunggyu groaned, hitting Hoon's arm.

“But I want to hear!” Woohyun cried, pushing Sunggyu aside and sitting next to Hoon. “So was he desperately in love with me?”

“Well, he's never been in love before, so in his case, he was,” Hoon replied.

Sunggyu groaned and left the room, not wanting to listen to this. He found his mother in the kitchen and decided to help her with lunch. She smiled gratefully at him as he picked up an onion and started chopping it. It looked like she was making homemade pizza, which was always a fun past time of Sunggyu's. He loved helping her make pizza.

“Where's Woohyunnie?” his mother asked as he brushed the onion pieces in to a bowl.

“Woohyun's out there talking to Hoon,” Sunggyu said, putting the bowl down and looking at his mom. “This is all just so weird for me.”

“What? Having a boyfriend?” his mother asked, smiling at him.

“No mom, just dating in general,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “I've never done it before.”

“Honey, you'll get used to it, I promise,” his mom said, wrapping her arms around him. “Dating is the most precious feeling. Knowing you have someone there for you all the time is the most wonderful thing. And since Woohyun's your first, it's something just so special and amazing. You'll get to try new things that you've never done before.”

“I guess you're right about that,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head.

“Wasn't Woohyun your first kiss?” she asked him.

“Yeah,” Sunggyu said, looking in to her eyes.

“What happened the night you kissed him, anyway?” she asked, leaning against the counter. “You never told me.”

“I-I wrote a song about Dad... And I had to sing it with Woohyun for a competition... I ended up crying the whole time through performance, so I thought we lost,” Sunggyu told her. “Then the teacher said we won. So much thoughts was going through my head, and without knowing it, I just randomly kissed him.”

“I saw the kiss with my own eyes!” Sungyeol said proudly as he walked in to the kitchen.

“Yeah, and it's your fault everything became awkward between the two of us,” Woohyun said, pushing past him as he also came in to the kitchen.

“What?! No it's not!” Sungyeol cried with wide eyes.

“Yeah it is,” Sunggyu said softly. “You interrupted this kiss and practically dragged us away from each other. We didn't have time to process what happened or talk about it. And that's why it became awkward for us.”

“Oh, I didn't know,” Sungyeol said, pouting and looking down at the floor.

“Oh Sungyeol,” Sunggyu said, walking over to him and wrapping an arm around his shoulders. “Don't feel bad about it, okay? Look, we're happy now, so everything's okay.”

“Okay hyung,” Sungyeol said, nodding his head.

“I swear, don't be upset, do you hear me?” Sunggyu asked him, looking right in to his eyes.

“Yes, I hear you,” Sungyeol said, smiling slightly at Sunggyu.

“Good. Now go run and play. You don't need to be sad,” Sunggyu said, pushing him out of the kitchen.

“You really baby him,” Woohyun observed, watching Sunggyu walk back over to him.

“I can't help it. He's just so innocent,” Sunggyu said with a sigh, looking around the kitchen. “Is there anything else you want me to do, Umma?”

“How about you two go and supervise Ilhoon and his friends. They should be in the garage, cleaning out all the junk. Make sure they don't break any of the antiques. We need that place clean so Hoon can actually put the other car in it,” she said, pushing the two of the towards the garage door.

“Alright mom,” Sunggyu said, walking in to the garage with Woohyun and shutting the door behind them.

“But where are they?” Woohyun asked, looking around.

“They probably ran the second they got,” Sunggyu replied, frowning and also looking around. “Guess the task is left to us.”

“Well, this will be fun,” Woohyun said, looking at the piles of stuff everywhere.

“It would be faster with more people,” Sunggyu said, before getting to work.

“Myunggie's here!” Sungyeol shouted, running in to the living room.

Sunggyu and Woohyun looking up from the movie they were watching on their laptop. Myungsoo and Sungjong walked in behind Sungyeol, arguing with him about what to call them. Sungyeol refused to listen and plopped down on the couch next to Sunggyu. The two of them took the empty couch, staring curiously at the new couple. Woohyun just shrugged his shoulders and went back to watching the movie.

“MYUNGSOO AND SUNGJONG ARE HERE?!” Dongwoo cried, running in to the room with Hoya, Ryeowook and Shindong. “When did you guys get here?!”

“Just now,” Myungsoo said with a sigh.

“I knew we shouldn't have come,” Sungjong said, shaking his head. “It's too loud.”

“Trust me, it gets louder,” Boohyun said as he walked in to the room. “What brings you here?”

“Hi hyung,” Sungjong said, waving at Boohyun. “Woohyun invited us.”

“Yeah,” Woohyun said, waving them off. “Now quiet, Gyu and I are watching a movie.”

“Yah, you invited us here hyung. You can't just ignore us,” Sungjong said, crossing his arms.

“I can ignore you all I want,” Woohyun replied, leaning in to Sunggyu's chest. “Hyung, can you start that part over?”

“I don't want to,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head. “I just watched it.”

“But hyung! Be nice!” Woohyun whined, pouting at him.

“Nope,” Sunggyu said, laughing and shaking his head.

“Hyung!” Woohyun cried.

“They're not going to pay attention to anyone, I hope you know,” Ryeowook said, looking at the two. “They never pay attention to anyone else.”

“Why? Do they think they're the only people in this world or something?” Myungsoo asked, eying the two.

“Pretty much,” Shindong replied with a sigh. “I'm jealous, my best friend won't even talk to me! He's too immersed in his boyfriend.”

“Because Gyu loves me more than any of you guys,” Woohyun said, looking up at them. “He even said it himself.”

“No, he loves me more,” Ilhoon said, plopping right down on Sunggyu's lap. “I'm his little brother.”

“But I'm his boyfriend,” Woohyun said, shutting the laptop and staring at Ilhoon. “He loves his boyfriend more than his brother.”

“No, I love my brother more,” Sunggyu said, causing Ilhoon to cry out in victory. “My brother Sungyeol.”

“Hyung!” Ilhoon cried, sulking with Woohyun.

“Yay! Gyu loves ME the most!” Sungyeol cried, jumping up and pumping his fist in the air. “Myunggie, who do YOU love the most?”

“Uh,” Myungsoo said, frowning. “Woohyun or Sungjong.”

“You can't have Woohyun,” Sunggyu stated, glaring at them. “Woohyun's mine.”

“Wait,” Sungjong said, looking between the two with wide eyes. “W-when did you two start dating?”

“About a week ago,” Woohyun replied, hugging Sunggyu to himself and kissing the crown of his head.

“So the two of you were finally smart enough to actually realize your feelings for each other?” Myungsoo asked with wide eyes. “Wow, I don't believe it.”

“Shut up,” Woohyun said, rolling his eyes. “I think we already realized our feelings for each other. It just took us a while to actually step up and confront each other.”

“So you finally decided not to be scardy cats?” Sungjong asked.

“Yah-”

“LET'S PLAY A GAME!” Sungyeol cried, causing everyone to turn on him.

“What kind of game?” Myungsoo asked, eying him suspiciously.

“Let's play 20 questions!” Sungyeol cried, clapping his hands. “There's ten of us here! It will be fun!”

“There's eleven of us, pabo,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “But okay, let's play.”

“I agree,” Boohyun said, nodding his head and sitting next to Hoya and Dongwoo on the ground. “This should be fun.”

“Who is going to start?” Ryeowook asked, sitting next to Myungsoo and Sungjong.

“I'll start it!” Woohyun cried, grinning at everyone. “Alright, start asking.”

“Well, is it a thing?” Sunggyu asked, leaning his head on his boyfriend's shoulder.

“Nope,” Woohyun said, shaking his head.

“Is it an animal?!” Sungyeol cried, bouncing excitedly on the ground.

“Nope,” Woohyun replied, pulling Sunggyu closer to himself.

“Is it a person?” Myungsoo asked him.

“Yes,” Woohyun said, nodding his head again.

“Is it me?” Sunggyu asked, smirking at his boyfriend.

“H-how'd you know?” Woohyun asked, pouting.

“It's pretty obvious, babe,” Sunggyu said, laughing.

“You're mean,” Woohyun whined, still pouting.

“Alright, my turn,” Sunggyu cried, pinching Woohyun's nose.

“Is it a person?!” Sungyeol asked right away.

“No, it's not a person,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head.

“Is it a thing?” Dongwoo asked, watching the couple closely.

“Nope,” Sunggyu replied.

“Is it a place?” Hoya asked.

“No,” Sunggyu stated, shaking his head again.

“Is it an animal?” Woohyun asked his boyfriend.

“It is an animal,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head.

“Does it live in a house?” Ilhoon asked.

“Sometimes, yes,” Sunggyu said, nodding at his brother.

“Is it small?” Ryeowook asked him.

“It is,” Sunggyu replied.

“Does it make a noise?” Sungjong asked, finally getting in to the game.

“Not that I can think of, no,” Sunggyu said, frowning.

“People can keep it as a pet?” Boohyun asked.

“Yeah, they can keep it as a pet,” Sunggyu replied, smiling.

“Is it smaller than my hand?” Myungsoo asked him.

“No, it's not that small,” Sunggyu said, shaking his head.

“I KNOW!” Sungyeol cried, jumping up in excitement.

“What is it?” Woohyun asked, turning on him.

“It's a bunny!” Sungyeol cried. “It is a bunny, right hyung? Am I right? Is it a bunny?!”

“Yes Sungyeol, it's a bunny,” Sunggyu said, laughing.

“Aw, I thought it would be a hamster,” Woohyun said, pouting.

“Woohyun, that's way too small,” Sunggyu said, turning on him.

“Oh, right, I knew that,” Woohyun replied, causing everyone to laugh and punch his shoulder.

“Sure you did.”


A/N Almost 100 subscribers and 12 upvotes?? Aiishh, you guys are the best! I love you all!! Thank you sooooo much for supporting me! Aww, it's so weird updating this and not Where We Begin... Well, now that Where We Begin is finished, you'll see alot more for this story!!! :D I hope you continue to enjoy this... Trying to figure out what to do with the plot, hahaha

Any way, school starts tomorrow, soooo I'm not sure how often updates will be. Please bare with me! :D <3