021

Concealed Promise

The week of the performance came, and the seven boys were scrambling like crazy to prepare. Sungjong and Sungyeol were running every which way to put the finishing touches to their costumes. Everyone was being a rebel, even Sunggyu, and skipped all their classes for the week. All they did was dance, dance and dance some more. They had to get this perfect.

They already ran through the whole song five times without stopping. It was Tuesday, three days before the performance. Sunggyu, being nominated as the leader, was working them hard. Sure he was tired, and everyone else was too, but he wanted the performance to be flawless. Luckily, everyone agreed with his thoughts.

Alright, let's run through it one more time,” Sunggyu said, breathlessly. “After this we can take a forty-five minute break. Boohyun hyung should be back with our lunch soon.”

Hyung, you're overworking yourself too much,” Woohyun said, turning on him.

Just once more,” Sunggyu said, giving him a small smile of assurance. “Sungjong, go ahead and start the music. Everyone sing loudly. Myungsoo, front and center! Let's go!”

The music started and the seven moved into position. Myungsoo started singing, and everyone else started dancing. Everything went smoothly for the first few seconds. Everyone seemed to be getting everything down. Sunggyu couldn't be more proud.

However, right before the second chorus, everything went downhill. Woohyun tripped and fell flat on the floor. Sunggyu could hear a crack, since he was standing right next to his boyfriend. Woohyun's face showed that he was in pain, causing Sunggyu's eyes to widen in surprise as he realized what happened. Ignoring his cue to sing, he dropped down next to Woohyun.

Everyone stop!” Sunggyu called. “Woohyun, are you okay?!”

I'm fine,” Woohyun said through clenched teeth as he grabbed his throbbing ankle.

No you're not,” Sunggyu replied, shaking his head and looking at their worried friends. “Sungyeol, go get some ice.”

As Sungyeol rushed out of the room, Sunggyu helped Woohyun up and carried him over to the chair by the radio. He then took off Woohyun's sock and shoe, carefully examining the ankle. The ankle was very swollen and very red. Sunggyu winced and looked up at Woohyun's face. He was visibly in pain.

With a deep sigh, Sunggyu picked up the First Aid kit that was kept in the room. Luckily there was an ACE bandage inside. Sunggyu took it out and slowly wrapped it around his boyfriend's foot. Everyone else stayed back, watching on with worried eyes. No one dared to even speak.

I'm sorry,” Woohyun whispered, causing Sunggyu to look up at him.

What for?” Sunggyu asked, frowning. “You don't need to be sorry for anything.”

But I messed everything up,” Woohyun replied, shaking his head.

No you didn't. If anything, I messed up,” Sunggyu replied. “You told me not to overwork myself. I didn't listen, and in the end you got hurt because I overworked you.”

Don't say it's your fault, Sunggyu,” Woohyun said, shaking his head. “We all agreed with you.”

No one's at fault, hyung,” Sungjong said with a sigh. “Let's just take a break now.”

Good idea,” Sunggyu replied as Sungyeol brought in the ice, handing it to Sunggyu. “Woohyun, keep this on your ankle. Make sure you ice your ankle as much as you can. We'll stop dancing for today. I feel like everyone has the dance down anyway. We'll just work on vocals.”

Okay!” everyone cried, nodding their heads in agreement.

Sunggyu sighed and set the ice on Woohyun's ankle. Woohyun tried insisting that he can do it, but Sunggyu just ignored him. Dongwoo brought over a chair so that Woohyun could lever his foot. He instructed for Sunggyu to sit on the chair and put Woohyun's foot on his knee. Sunggyu curiously watched as Dongwoo then walked away.

I never knew you had to do that,” Sunggyu stated.

Dongwoo's mom is a nurse,” Woohyun replied, moving the ice around so it was sitting in the perfect angle on his ankle.

Oh, I see,” Sunggyu said, nodding his head.

Food's here!” Boohyun announced, walking in to the room. “Go ahead and- Yah, what happened to Woohyun?”

I fell and hurt my foot while dancing,” Woohyun replied. “Hyung, can you please bring me and Sunggyu some food?”

Yeah, sure,” Boohyun replied, setting down the food an taking out two containers of Chinese food and two cans of soda. “So what's going to happen? The performance is in three days.”

We're going to rest until Friday,” Sunggyu replied, glancing at Boohyun. “We have the dance down anyway. We'll practice our vocals for the next couple of days.”

I'll just ice my foot enough so that on Friday I can at least dance for the performance,” Woohyun added, taking his food from his brother. “We'll be ready.”

We have this,” Sunggyu agreed, nodding his head. “I think everyone's been working hard, anyway. Sungyeol and Sungjong still have somethings they need to finish for our costumes anyway. Everyone needs a break.”

We'll practice the dance together on Friday,” Woohyun stated. “By then my foot will be slightly better and I'll be able to dance again.”

We just don't want to hurt it any worse right now,” Sunggyu agreed. “We'll be fine. Truly.”

I'm not going to let down the group,” Woohyun said. “I'm going to make sure I'm in perfect condition. I mean, I guess it won't be a perfect condition, considering my foot will probably not be completely healed. But it will be well rested! I'll make sure not to walk on in.”

We'll be okay, hyung,” Sunggyu concluded, before finally digging in to his food. “As long as Woohyun's okay, then I'm okay. If we're okay, then the whole group is okay.”

Yeah, because if our leader isn't okay, then we're not okay,” Myungsoo stated, rolling his eyes. “Yah, hyung, what if someone else gets hurt?”

No one else is going to get hurt,” Sunggyu said, looking at everyone. “We all will be fine.”

The day of the performance came faster then any of them imagined. They were all rushing around, trying to get every detail for their song down. Sunggyu helped Woohyun over to the dance room, letting him lean on his shoulder. His foot, as they already figured, wasn't fully healed. If anything, it seemed like it was worse.

However, Woohyun wasn't going to let that stop him. He was going to do everything he could for this group, since he was the one who set it up in the first place. He didn't want to let anyone down, and he made sure Sunggyu knew that. Sunggyu was hesitant about letting Woohyun dance, but Woohyun kept insisting. If Woohyun wasn't there, then the group wasn't complete.

Sunggyu looked around at all his friends, who were gathered around. He nodded his head and Boohyun started the music for them. They ran through the song without any problems. Every single part they got down perfectly. With that in mind, Sunggyu grinned and clapped his hands.

Everyone gathered around Sunggyu, ready for a pep talk. Woohyun leaned on Sunggyu's shoulder, keeping all his weight off of his foot. He didn't need it getting any more hurt before the performance, especially considering he had just danced on it. Sunggyu looked around at all his friends, taking a deep breath. He couldn't lie that he was actually extremely nervous.

Alright guys,” he said, looking every single person in the eye as he talked. “This is it. We're finally putting all our hard work to use. Tonight we're going to rule that stage. Tonight everyone will get to see the talent that we have been hiding. We're going to win that prize tonight, do you hear me? We're going to make it to nationals. Then together at nationals, we're going to breeze through that and debut as idols. We have the potential to become an idol group. We work well together and we were able to do all of this in three weeks. I know every single one of you can do amazing tonight.

We need to win this award more than anything, do you hear me? No messing up on stage. Get every single one of your lines perfect. Don't mess up on the dance or mess anyone else up. Make sure you are fully in sync with everyone else. Also, please oh please no lip syncing. Yes, I know we'll have our vocal CD playing in the background with the music, but we CAN NOT LIP SYNC. Lip syncing is the one thing I hate more than anything, do you hear me? Now, let's do this. Infinite on five. Five, four, three, two, one-”

INFINITE!” everyone shouted, throwing their hands up in the air.

Now let's do this!” Sunggyu cried, clapping his hands. “Get in your costumes. We need to hurry so that Sungjong and Sungyeol can do our make up. Let's go!”

Everyone scattered out of the room, heading up to their dorms. Sunggyu helped Woohyun into his room, where they kept both of their costumes. Sungyeol followed them, so that he could help them with hair and make up. Together, the three of them and Dongwoo dressed in to their costumes. Sungyeol then started doing his rounds, getting everyone ready.

It was an odd feeling for Sunggyu, having make up done on him. This was his first time ever having someone put make up on him. The eyeliner felt think, and it was weird having the eyeliner pencil up around his eyes. He flinched a lot, but Sungyeol was still able to get his make up done without any flaws. Sungyeol then did his hair, styling his hair so that his bangs were out of his eyes and styled on top of his head.

Sungyeol then moved on to Woohyun, carefully applying the make up. He then proceeded to style Woohyun's hair, splitting his bangs and brushing them to the two sides. When he finished Woohyun's, he moved to Dongwoo and applied his make up. He then also styled Dongwoo's hair on top of his head. Once all of that was done, Sunggyu glanced at everyone, surprised by Sungyeol's talent.

Seconds later, Sungjong came in the room with the other two. Myungsoo's hair was styled very similar to Woohyun's, and so was Hoya's. Sungjong sat down and started styling Sungyeol's hair and applying his make up. Sungyeol did the same thing to Sungjong, until they were both fully ready. Sungyeol and Sungjong both had very plain, yet professional hair styles.

Together, the seven of them exited the room together. Sunggyu held on to his boyfriend as they walked across the campus to the arena where the competition was being held. Sunggyu couldn't help the nerves that were building up inside of him. He wanted more than anything to win this competition, and he was determined to do so. He just hoped no one would mess up.

They walked in to a waiting room, where may different competitors were waiting. All the groups were surrounded together, giving each other vocal warm ups and stretching together. Sunggyu looked at his friends, who seemed just as nervous as he was. Woohyun immediately sat down in the only open chair that was left, looking up at Sunggyu with weary eyes. Sunggyu sighed and sat down next to him on the floor, crossing his legs and looking at everyone else.

Hoya and Dongwoo started stretching and jumping around, trying to shake off their nerves. Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Sungjong were engaging in a conversation about their competition. Sunggyu looked at Woohyun, who seemed to be deep in thought. With a sigh, Sunggyu took a hold of Woohyun's hand and squeezed it. Woohyun looked over at him with a small smile.

Are you ready, hyung?” Woohyun asked him.

As ready as I can be,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head.

Let's rock this stage tonight,” Woohyun said, grinning.

Let's do it!” Sunggyu cried, nodding his head and kissing Woohyun's hand. “Together, we can be amazing.”

Always,” Woohyun agreed, the grin never fading from his mouth.


A/N Awww, here's another chapter for you guys!! Next chapter is the competition!!! Please anticipate that! Kekeke

Awww, Woohyun got hurt :( Poor baby.

Thank you for reading and subscribing and commenting!!! I love you all!!! *throws hearts Namu style* Please anticipate my next chapter!! <3