025

Concealed Promise

Sunggyu rushed away from his group of friends and family, pulling along Woohyun. They did their best to escape everyone so that they could have their own free time at the amusement park. Once they found a secluded corner, they both stopped to catch their breath. After a few seconds, Woohyun broke out in laughter, making Sunggyu smile up at him. Sunggyu grinned and pulled Woohyun into a hug, kissing the crown of his head.

Let's have fun today,” Sunggyu whispered.

Without any distractions,” Woohyun agreed, nodding his head.

Or as free from distractions as we can get,” Sunggyu replied. “Knowing my friends, it's going to be REALLY hard escaping them.”

THEY WENT THIS WAY! I KNOW IT!” a familiar voice screamed, causing Sunggyu to pull Woohyun into a corner and hug him to himself.

The two watched as Sungyeol, Ilhoon, Hoya, Dongwoo, Shindong and Ryeowook came rushing through. They stopped where the couple was previously standing, seemingly out of breath. Sunggyu pulled Woohyun closer to himself, silently watching the six of them. Hoya was leaning against a wall, steady his five friends. Sungyeol was jumping up and down excitedly.

Sungyeol, I don't think they went this way,” Hoya said with a sigh. “Come on, we need to find them!”

I know they went this way!” Sungyeol said with wide eyes. “I know it!”

It feels as if we're chasing idols,” Shindong stated. “This is actually very excited.”

Soon enough, we will be!” Ryeowook cried, laughing.

That's so true!” Shindong cried, turning on Ilhoon. “Ilhoon, your brother's gonna be an idol!”

I know!” Ilhoon replied, nodding his head. “Cause he's the best!”

I am,” Sunggyu whispered, nodding his head in approval.

Shush hyung,” Woohyun stated, placing his hand over Sunggyu's mouth. “They'll find us.”

Guys, just look around for them,” Sungyeol said, impatiently. “I know they went over here.”

They probably overran us already,” Hoya said with a sigh. “Let's just go. We'll find them later.”

Do, I'm going to look,” Sungyeol said, turning and walking straight towards where Woohyun and Sunggyu were standing.

Put your hood up,” Woohyun said, yanking Sunggyu's hood up and pulling up his own.

What are you doing?” Sunggyu asked, but was cut off with Woohyun's lips on his.

Did you find anything, Sungyeol?” Ryeowook asked.

No, just a couple making out in the corner... Wait! That's Gyu hyung's jacket!” Sungyeol cried, causing Sunggyu to groan and pull away. “You can't fool me, hyung! I know what all your clothes look like!”

Just leave us alone, Sungyeol,” Sunggyu said with a sigh.

But I don't want to,” Sungyeol replied, stubbornly crossing his arms.

Why are you guys hiding from us?” Ryeowook asked, joining Sungyeol and slinging his arm over his shoulders.

Because I want to spend some alone time with hyung,” Woohyun replied. “We haven't been able to do just that in a while. Besides, today's our first month anniversary. I think I deserve some time with him for once.”

You don't need time alone with him,” Sungyeol said, rolling his eyes.

Yes I do!” Woohyun cried, glaring at him. “You guys are really pissing me off right now. Do you really want a pissed off Woohyun? You've seen what I can do when I'm pissed.”

Woohyun, just leave it,” Sunggyu said with a defeated sigh. “They're not going to leave us alone.”

But hyung! I wanna spend time with you!” Woohyun whined, turning on him.

You can spend time with him later,” Hoya said, walking over and pulling the two out of the corner. “Now let's go on some rides.”

Can we go on the roller coaster?!” Sungyeol cried, pointing at the biggest ride in the park.

I'm in!” Shindong and Ryeowook cried at the same time, slapping hands together.

Me too!” Ilhoon cried, nodding in agreement.

We'll go too,” Hoya and Dongwoo said, grinning at each other.

Uh, no thank you,” Sunggyu refused, shaking his head repeatedly. “I hate roller coasters.”

You guys can go on it,” Woohyun said, frowning. “I hate them, too.”

You two are going on it,” Hoya said, dragging them towards the ride.

Once they made it, they were forced to stand in a really long ride. Sunggyu kept trying to break away, but Hoya wouldn't let him leave. He exchanged nervous glances with Woohyun, who seemed just as scared. Sunggyu was never one for heights, nor was he one for fast rides. He figured that Woohyun would be the same, considering all the over fears the poor boy has.

After about an hour of waiting, it was their turn to get on. Woohyun and Sunggyu sat in a car together, not trusting any of the others. After they were buckled in, Sunggyu took hold of Woohyun's hand and squeezed it tightly. He closed his eyes and started mumbling prayers of safety. Woohyun was squeezing his hand just as tightly, shaking in his seat.

Please keep all body parts in the car,” a voice said over the intercom. “Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. You are to keep your seats buckled. Now have fun!”

Sunggyu flinched and held even tighter onto Woohyun's hand. He hated this ride more than anything and he definitely was not going to have fun. The ride started moving and Sunggyu's stomach made a 360 inside of him. He bit his lip, refusing to open his eyes. The speed started picking up, making Sunggyu feel sick to his stomach.

At every twist and turn the ride made, Sunggyu felt himself getting sicker and sicker. He couldn't take it. Not one bit. The first loop made Sunggyu's heart jump to his throat. In no time, he was crying hysterically, wanting more than anything to get out of there.

The ride took way to long to end. When it did, Sunggyu was feeling very nauseous. He couldn't bring himself to stand, because he felt like he was going to barf any second. Woohyun carefully got out, and then helped Sunggyu out. He slowly led Sunggyu to a trash can, where Sunggyu barfed his guts out.

Never again,” Woohyun said, glaring at his friends as he patted Sunggyu's back.

I didn't know his stomach was that weak,” Hoya said, quietly. “Sorry hyung.”

But it was fun, right?” Dongwoo asked them.

No,” Woohyun replied as Sunggyu continued to vomit.

The two finally broke away from the others after lunch. Sunggyu was feeling a lot better now. He refused to go on any roller coaster. Some rides he was able to stomach, thankfully. He and Woohyun were now spending their time iceskating.

Hyung,” Woohyun said, skating up to Sunggyu. “There's a ferris wheel outside. Let's go to that tonight. I want to see the city lights with you.”

But the heights,” Sunggyu said, frowning. “It's way too much. Aren't you afraid?”

Not of a ferris wheel,” Woohyun replied, shaking his head.

Okay, we'll go,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head.

Woohyun! Sunggyu!” a voice cried, causing the two to look up.

Boohyun, Hoya's older brother and Sunggyu's parents were skating over to them. They stopped in front of the corner, grinning widely. Hoon was wearing a giant chef's hat, while Hoya's brother was sporting a large teddy bear in his hands. Boohyun was wearing a t-shirt that said “I'm number one”. Sunggyu just laughed at them, shaking his head.

I see you guys had fun... shopping today,” he stated.

Actually, I won this teddy bear in one of those arcade games,” Hoya's brother replied.

Oh, I see,” Sunggyu stated, nodding his head.

Where is everyone?” Hoon asked, looking around the skating ring. “I thought like half the group was with you.”

We lost them sometime after lunch,” Sunggyu replied, waving his hand in dismissal. “They never know when to give us some space.”

But you, Shindong, Ilhoon and Ryeowook used to do everything together,” Hoon said, frowning.

Yes dad, I know,” I said, nodding my head. “But now I have a boyfriend. Yes I love them. Yes they're my best friends. However, now I want to spend some time with my boyfriend.”

Sunggyu, you'll lose friends that way if you ONLY spend time with your boyfriend,” Boohyun told me. “Try balancing your time between your friends and your boyfriend.”

Aish, why are you guys yelling at me?” Sunggyu asked, covering his ears.

We're not yelling, honey,” Sunggyu's mother said with a soft sigh. “But make sure you give your friends some attention too, okay?”

Arasseo,” Sunggyu said, slowly nodding his head.

Anyway, we want to leave by eight tonight. Can you guys meet us out by the front gates?” Hoon asked them.

Yeah, that works,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head in agreement.

Alright. Well, you guys still have four hours to do whatever,” Hoon said, looking down at his watch.

Wait, it's already four?” Woohyun asked, frowning.

It is, bud,” Boohyun replied, nodding his head. “The sun should be setting in an hour or so.”

Well that's perfect then!” Woohyun cried with a wide smile. “Sunggyu, once the sun starts setting, then we'll go.”

How will we know when it's setting?” I asked, frowning.

We'll just go out at five,” Woohyun replied, shrugging his shoulders.

Why don't we wait till six? That's when the sun will be fully set,” Sunggyu stated, glancing at his boyfriend.

Yeah, that's true,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head.

Then let's go then,” Sunggyu said. “Besides, I want to skate some more.”

Hyung, we're not going to be skating for two whole hours,” Woohyun said, rolling his eyes. “We should do something else, too.”

Like what?” Sunggyu asked, frowning at him.

Like play with us!” a new voice shouted as Sungyeol came skating towards them. “Look! We found Myunggie and Jongie!”

Hey guys,” Sunggyu said with a small smile.

And they're back!” Woohyun cried, rolling his eyes.

Whatever. Let's just skate,” Sunggyu said, before skating away.

The whole group ended up showing up to skate. Together, they did in fact spend the last two hours skating. Sunggyu was dragged around my Ryeowook and Shindong, being kept away from Woohyun. Sunggyu actually enjoyed his time with them, considering he hasn't seen them in ages. It was fun being able to hang out with his best friends.

Shindong and Ryeowook told him about how life at their colleges are like. They kept telling Sunggyu how they would support him completely while he becomes an idol. They then had races around the ice rink, laughing together and shoving each other to the side. Sunggyu found himself laughing loudly beside them, happy to see this side of them once again. The side he saw every single day in the past.

Once the clock hit six o'clock, Woohyun popped up out of nowhere. He was sulking as he came up to Sunggyu and pulled him away. They turned in Sunggyu's skates, since Woohyun did that a while ago. Sunggyu followed the sulky Woohyun out to the ferris wheel. They got into the line, which was about an hour or so wait.

What's wrong?” Sunggyu asked, frowning at his boyfriend who hasn't said one word to him.

Nothing,” Woohyun replied, shaking his head and looking at the floor.

There's definitely something wrong. Now tell me,” Sunggyu said, still frowning. “If you're mad at me, then tell me why.”

I'm not mad,” Woohyun denied, still not looking up at him.

Yes you are,” Sunggyu said with a sigh. “Now tell me why you're mad.”

I... I'm upset because you ditched me,” Woohyun finally said, refusing to look at the older man.

I didn't ditch you on purpose,” Sunggyu told him. “Shindong and Ryeowook wanted to hang out with me. I couldn't deny that. Besides, you're the one who went off with Myungsoo and Sungjong.”

That's not-”

It is true, Woohyun,” Sunggyu replied. “I wanted to spend time with my childhood friends, and you wanted to with yours'. You shouldn't complain. Besides, what your brother said is right. I can't spend every single moment of every single day with you.”

But-”

Woohyun, you know I love you. Of course I do. Of course I love being with you,” Sunggyu said, looking right into his eyes. “But you need to understand that I love my friends too. I need to be able to hang out with my friends.”

I guess you're right,” Woohyun said, slowly nodding his head.

Come on, cheer up,” Sunggyu said, patting his back. “Let's not fight.”

All right,” Woohyun replied, nodding his head.

Stop pouting,” Sunggyu ordered, studying the look on Woohyun's face.

Mm,” Woohyun mumbled, nodding his head.

Sunggyu just rolled his eyes and grabbed on to Woohyun's hand, squeezing it tightly. Slowly, they made their way through the line so that they could ride the ferris wheel. Woohyun stayed quiet the whole time, which really bothered Sunggyu. He's always been used to Woohyun talking the whole time and jumping up down excitement. He might not be as crazy as Sungyeol and Dongwoo, but he was close to it.

What Sunggyu didn't know was that Woohyun was nervous as hell. He had this whole special moment planned for Sunggyu, and he hoped more than anything that they can stop at the very top of the ferris wheel. If everything went the way he wanted, then it would be the most perfect moment in the whole wide world. When it came for their time to go on the ferris wheel, Woohyun's heart started beating even faster. He slowly followed Sunggyu on to the wheel, trying to calm down his nerves.

So what's so special about tonight?” Sunggyu asked, grinning at his boyfriend.

You'll see,” Woohyun said, staring at his hands.

Well, it is our one month anniversary, if that means anything,” Sunggyu said, sitting down next to Woohyun and wrapping his arms around him. “What's the matter? You've been oddly quiet for quite a while.”

Nothing's wrong,” Woohyun replied, giving him a small smile.

I don't believe you,” Sunggyu said with a pout, leaning his head on his shoulder.

They stayed like that for a while, enjoying the silence. Luckily their car did stop at the very stop. However, the car would refuse to move. That meant that the ride shut down for some unknown reason. Woohyun's eyes widened as he looked at Sunggyu.

Did it just shut down on us?” Woohyun asked him.

I think so,” Sunggyu replied, nodding his head.

,” Woohyun hissed, shaking his head.

Just like that, fireworks started exploding in the sky. This shocked Woohyun even more, making the moment even better than it was supposed to be. He looked out to the city lights and fireworks with Sunggyu, before taking his hand. Sunggyu looked at him was a curious gaze as Woohyun squeezed his hand. Woohyun put on a cheesy grin, making eye contact with him.

The ride shutting down and the fireworks were definitely not part of my plan,” Woohyun stated with a small laugh. “But this is romantic, isn't it?”

It is,” Sunggyu said, smiling at him and leaning his head on Woohyun's shoulder once again. “So what was your plan?”

Well, it's our first month anniversary... And I want to go a step further,” Woohyun told him, Sunggyu's hair.

What do you mean by 'a step further'?” Sunggyu asked him.

Ah,” Woohyun said, pulling a small box out of his pocket. “A bought a pair of promise rings. I want... I want to promise to you that I will always stay by your side. Kim Sunggyu, I love you and I really mean it. I want you to be mine forever.”

Woohyun,” Sunggyu said with tears in his eyes.

I love you,” Woohyun said again, slipping a ring on to Sunggyu's finger.

I love you too,” Sunggyu whispered, slipping the other ring on Woohyun's before pulling in to a kiss. “I love you so much.”


A/N Figured I should make this longer since I haven't updated in a while, hahaha. I hope you liked this chapter!!! <3 Yay WooGyu!!! Hahaha.

*throws M$Ms at everyone* Did you guys see NELL's MV??? Ahh, it's amazing!!! Let's wait for THREE NEW INFINITE SONGS TOMORROW!!!! WOOOO!!!! Oh and yesterday was my 2nd year anniversary with Infinite... Yay!!! :D

Anyway, please comment and subscribe and upvote! I really really really love your comments!! Okay! Bye!!!

 

Ooooh, and READ REVELATION!!!!